GDS games on Linux

I have a quick question. I'm getting ready to move to Linux soon, and I was wondering if it is possible to run TEW (2005 and/or 2007) and Wrestling Spirit (1 and/or 2) in Linux using WINE. I'm fairly sure that the VB6 runtime works in WINE. But, I don't know about the other parts of the programs, or even ELicense. I figured I'd ask :)

[QUOTE=cartman;155613]eLicense still doesn't work with Wine, so that will be your showstopper. VMware is your best bet on Linux, but that is still a Windows VM.[/QUOTE] Aw crud. Well, at least being in a VM won't be such a big deal with this kind of game. I wonder... Could I make a VM for the free VMware Player using a "restore disc" from another computer? My current WinXP machine is dead, I'm getting a new one soon, and the computer I'm using now has Win98. So I have Win98 and WinXP restore discs. So, I know that there are tools to create a Windows VM using install discs, but can you use restore discs? I mean, we own a valid license for them.

[QUOTE=cartman;155613]eLicense still doesn't work with Wine, so that will be your showstopper. VMware is your best bet on Linux, but that is still a Windows VM.[/QUOTE] Aw crud. Well, at least being in a VM won't be such a big deal with this kind of game. I wonder... Could I make a VM for the free VMware Player using a "restore disc" from another computer? My current WinXP machine is dead, I'm getting a new one soon, and the computer I'm using now has Win98. So I have Win98 and WinXP restore discs. So, I know that there are tools to create a Windows VM using install discs, but can you use restore discs? I mean, we own a valid license for them.

Archived