Hey dude...

[QUOTE=Torri]I wouldn't call myself a staff for the time being, as after tonight i'll be pretty much inactive for a couple of months. And yeah, I haven't the slightest idea on who you are LOL. [/QUOTE] Saying this as merely a supporter, I wish both you and TC Dale turn canine someday.

And still as merely a supporter, I think Monk would make a good tester. He's a pretty well known face in the wrestling game circles. A bit of a purist, he can (Could? Past Tense) be labelled a "Puroresu Elitist", but I think he's given the latest WWE games some props so he's not closed minded to differences. And I don't know the guy other than that, never talked to him or anything. He probably doesn't even know me.

[QUOTE=Phil Parent]And still as merely a supporter, I think Monk would make a good tester. He's a pretty well known face in the wrestling game circles. A bit of a purist, he can (Could? Past Tense) be labelled a "Puroresu Elitist", but I think he's given the latest WWE games some props so he's not closed minded to differences. And I don't know the guy other than that, never talked to him or anything. He probably doesn't even know me.[/QUOTE] Now no offence bro, I respect you and I am sure Adam does too, but you take a look at the list of games... what makes him better then any of his other long time fans? Sure he plays Puro games, but do they really have alot in common with this new game Adam has? Were any of them a text based game? Just let him prove himself through his posts, he maybe well respected elsewhere (and sure enough, he will probably become well respected here as well), but give him a chance to do the same for himself here. Just remember, there are alot of old long time fans (such as myself) who would love to get the job, and its not really *nice* to just give it to someone because his highstanding elsewhere. -Edit- My appoligies if I made it seem like I was perfect for the job or that he is not good enough for the job. In fact, obviously its all up to Adam. I just wanted to put in my five cents, that he stated he just found TEW a few days ago. It seems sort of like as if he was cutting in line a bit. In my opinion, I think you would be much better at the job, as you have been making stats for the community for ages, and you are very respected around these parts. However I do know you have stated before you barely have enough time for RaveX stats, so I doubt you have time for this. My appolgies for getting into this, and probably writting alot more then I would normally had to. Just figured I had to write this last bit to not come off trying to make fun of Monk or by saying I was much better for the job. :o

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Hmm, well i don't really think of it as the "TEW game world", i think of it as the "Cornellverse, a fantasy game world created by Adam Ryland". It's something i can use in all my games. The reason TEW and FiSpi are not using the same name is that i think it would be misleading. They are in different genres, and i wouldn't want people thinking that there is any compatibility between the two. Think of it more as two entirely separate games that happen to be set in the same universe. Kinda like the Super Mario games and Mario Kart - same characters, same world, totally different games.[/QUOTE] Super Mario World, Mario Kart, and Mario RPG. Or a closer series of games to what you're doing: Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Stratigy), Dynasty Warriors (Fighting), and Kessin (war sim). All three are based off the same novel (Romance of Three Kingdoms, a good read if you're interested in Chinese history/fiction), and are made by the same companey (Koei), but have different names. [quote]I'm not sure i understand your question....matches would be won by executing pins or submissions, as in real life.[/quote] I think he's asking about gameplay interface, do you select moves from a list (Clicking on "DDT" to do the move, for example), have to push certain keys to do a certain type of move ( Press the Down Arrow and S key to do a submission on a downed opponent, for example), or something else. I'm kind of interested myself, also, is it going to be turn based or real time based? :p Edit: Also found where you answered it in a earlier thread: [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142[/url] Go my slow reading ability! :P

Archived