20th October update.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland in the Developer's Journal]Yesterday was spent continuing the process of upgrading the interface from 05 style to 07 style. The entire editor and about 30% of the rest of the game now have the new background. However, it is only the main play area that has been upgraded, as the new taskbar has not arrived yet. Until that arrives there will be no screen shots, as the top section does not currently match the bottom. One big change that has happened due to this is the combining of the Overview and User screens (those are the two sections in the main game to the far left of the taskbar, represented by a magnifying glass and a hand). Now together in one screen, it forms a sort of "control center", where you can get most of your day-to-day stuff done. In the menu bar you have access to your useful tools like e-mail, diary, pending decisions, etc, and in the main area you get the news ticker and your personal controls (user profile, user log, etc). There is also the addition of two handy features - Quick Worker Find and Quick Promotion Find. These are just dropdown menus; you select the item you want, and one click of a button and you go directly to the profile in question. This is basically purely for ease of use, as it means you don't always have to go to the Other Workers \ Other Promotions section whenever you want to look something up. Basically this new combined screen reduces the amount of clicking you need to do, as the screen contains so much functionality.[/QUOTE] It seems TEW2007 will be a lot easier to "work around", which is good. :) It looks like the screen shots are still some way away though. Never mind. What do you all think about the new update in the DV?

It sounds like we're very close to having screenshots. MAYBE NEXT WEEK?! ;) The way Adam described what he's waiting for, it seems to me the design is like TEW05 with the taskbar seperate - so modding won't be a problem. I have no idea if this is correct, but from Adam saying he's waiting for the bar piece to be added - it doesn't sound like the two are connected, but in fact two seperate pieces.

It sounds like we're very close to having screenshots. MAYBE NEXT WEEK?! ;) The way Adam described what he's waiting for, it seems to me the design is like TEW05 with the taskbar seperate - so modding won't be a problem. I have no idea if this is correct, but from Adam saying he's waiting for the bar piece to be added - it doesn't sound like the two are connected, but in fact two seperate pieces.

Good to see clicking reduced. Hopefuly it means we don't have to go through the filter window over and over to do our searches. Can't wait to see the new interface. I was hoping he would atleast tell us the colors. I hope it isn't blue and white.

Good to see clicking reduced. Hopefuly it means we don't have to go through the filter window over and over to do our searches. Can't wait to see the new interface. I was hoping he would atleast tell us the colors. I hope it isn't blue and white.

Archived