OAPW - The New Era Of The Old Era

So there I was, dinner on my lap, staring in sheer disbelief at what I was seeing. "BB, look at that, just look!" I exclaimed, prodding my fork in the direction of the TV. There before my very eyes were two men, Chris Caulfield and Bryan Holmes, exchanging chair shots with neither willing to back down. "This ain't wrestlin, these guys today couldn't wrestle their way out of a wet paper bag" I said, expelling bits of Tater Tot from my mouth to the floor. "Don't talk with your mouth full, you're making a mess on the carpet" Beatrice calmy said. Oblivious to her words, I continued my rant. "What's the wrestling world coming to eh? You've got guys beating the holy hell outta each other with anything that comes to hand, guys with more muscles than brains and people dressing up as sea-creatures! It sure as hell isn't how it used to be..." "Yes dear" she sighed whilst rolling her eyes, obviously growing tired of having the same conversation everyday for years on end. I jumped up from my chair and spluttered "lrrrbbk!", almost choking on my beans. Eddie and Doug Peak had just interfered in the match and started to beat down Chris Caulfield. "They can't even have a one on one match anymore without someone interfering!". I looked down at the remains of my dinner scattered around the floor. Feeling burning eyes in the back of my head I looked at BB. She had a look of extreme annoyance and I could feel the fire starting to rage inside of her. "Errrr, i'll get my coat and i'll be back later hun, love ya..." I quickly said as I headed to the door. [I]Where shall I go?[/I] "O'Donnell's" I said to myself with a smile as I set off to the local Irish bar. Upon entering O'Donnell's I found a spare stool at the bar and sat down. Seamus, the owner, came over to me and asked "What'll yer have Terry?" with a pleasant Irish lilt in his voice. "Guinness for me please Seamus" I replied. As Seamus went over to the pump to pour my drink I scanned around the room, smiling and nodding at the regulars that I knew. Feeling happy that i'd left DAVE and it's annoyances at home on my TV, it was then that my eyes fell on the large screen at the end of the bar and I let out a groan. SWF Supreme TV was on with the current match being Lobster Warrior versus Angry Gilmore. "A frickin' lobster...." I muttered to myself under my breath. Luckily Seamus arrived with my Guinness and distracted me from the TV. We talked for hours about life, love, work and everything else we could think of. Seamus was a great listener and would always give me another perspective to look from. But inevitably the conversation got around to wrestling by the end of the night. [I]How many drinks have I had? 10? 15? 20? Damn, i've lost count[/I]. "Wreshlin' these days ishn't wreshlin'. Itsh shportsh enter... [I]*hic*[/I]... tainment". "And what's wrong with that? We all want to be enterained don't we?" queried Seamus, who was still completely sober despite matching me drink for drink. "Look at that guy earllllier, Lobshter Ninja [I]*hic*[/I] or whatever hish name is. He can wreshle sho why dressh up as a whale? What'sh that got to do wiv wreshlin'?" "He's dressed up as a lobster Terry" Seamus said with a wry smile. "Yesh, a lobshter, that'sh what I shaid. Wreshlin' these days is all shtories and gimmicksh, it was much better in my day". "So why don't you try it yerself? Start yer own promotion, you've got the money to do it and that way you could bring some old school wrestling back to the masses". Seamus grinned inanely while I stared back at him with a blank expression. [I]Why haven't I started my own promotion yet?[/I] "Seamush, you're a wonderful, wonderful man [I]*burp*[/I]. I will shtart my own promotion! Original, American, Profes... [I]*hic*[/I]... shional, Wreshlin', i'll show these young 'uns how it should be done!". I stood up, "I'll show you all!" I announced to the whole bar as I took a pen from the counter and wrote down OAPW on my hand. Seamus came from around the counter and started ushering me towards the door, "That's great news Terry but i've got to lock up now so it's time you were going". As I opened the door I was blasted in the face by the cold night air, my nose and cheeks burned a fiery red. I heard Seamus utter the words "What an eejit" from behind the door. [I]I'll show them[/I]. I stood at the gate to my front lawn, staring at the door to the house. [I]After the dinner fiasco earlier I come home late and drunk, she's going to castrate me! I'd better be extra quiet[/I]. I zig-zagged my way towards the door and put the key in the lock, one turn to the left and darkness overcame me... I opened my eyes to a brilliant white light. [I]Oh my god, i've died![/I] My fears were quickly dispelled by a paperboy hitting me square on the head with the daily newspaper. It was apparent that i'd fallen backwards in my drunken stupor and that I was lying down on my lawn. [I]My head's throbbing, how much Guinness did I drink?[/I] I began rubbing my head in the hope that it would somehow magically make the pain go away. It didn't work, but then I noticed something written on my hand, the letters 'OAPW'...... Coming soon: Original American Pro Wrestling - The New Era Of The Old Era begins.... Disclaimer: The views expressed by Terry Brewer are those of the individual and not of Undertaker666 :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[I]What the hell.... OAPW?[/I] I sat there for a moment trying to decipher the meaning behind these four simple letters. After a few minutes, my memory of the night before came crawling back into my mind. Excited by this new prospect I dashed into the house to tell BB of my plans. I was getting the silent treatment from her nearly all day, in a way it was lucky because I could come up with my ideas in peace without a nagging wife in my ear every 5 seconds. I finally managed to persuade her to talk to me in the evening though after i'd drafted some ideas up. She too seemed excited by the fact that we'd be returning to our roots in the wrestling world, albeit in a different capacity to what we were used to. We sat down and started to work out exactly how we were going to go about creating our own promotion. "Well BB" I said, "These young guys today just don't have what it takes to be a superstar. They're either musclebound freaks, lacking in wrestling ability or have the charmisa of a turnip. Just look at Runaway Train, the current SWF champion, he's just a tree with legs. I've got more technical ability in my little toe than he's got in his whole body." "What're you suggesting we do then?" "Well, i've got what I think is a great idea. We hire former wrestlers who we know will be able to put on a good show for the fans. If we're able to do that then it can work in our favour three ways: Firstly, it'll bring in the fans who want a nostalgia trip, you know, those who love to see the wrestlers they idolised as they grew up. Secondly, if we bring in former big name stars then it'll give the promotion a level of instant credibility. Thirdly, if we bring in any younger guys who we might think have potential then we can put them in the ring with our stars and hopefully they'll learn from them." "Terry, you've had some crazy notions over the years but I have to admit that this is sounding like a good idea. Who are we going to try and bring into the roster though?" "Top of my list has to be Master Kitozon, quite possibly the greatest wrestler of all time!" "He died years ago dear." "Oh yeah" I said, rather bemused by my own stupidity. "Who else then?" We both looked at each other, I could tell she knew what I was thinking because she started to grin. "I think Larry might be game..." I said with a knowing smile. Larry Morgan is perhaps the most well known wrestler still alive today and has wrestled all over the world for every promotion worth it's salt. Luckily he also happened to be a good friend of mine and was always turning up in a ring somewhere to surprise his legion of fans. "I think Larry would definitely want to be included, in fact, he'd probably be insulted if we didn't ask him!" she chuckled. "We'd need someone who could be a match for him though so what about Joe Krane or Greg Anderson?" "Joe was in a car accident a few years back and it messed his back up pretty bad. I like the idea of using Greg though. I also think we'll need some Japanese flavour added to the mix so that we can also cater for the Japanese fans. Plus it'd also be good to let fans here in the US get to see some classic Japanese style wrestling. I must try and get hold of Yoshimatsu to see what he's up to these days, it's been far too long since we've seen each other." "If you're trying to think of Japanese wrestlers who might be interested then it might be an idea to try and contact Kiyoshi Yamamoto and Tsunayoshi Katayama too, they were great in their day." We continued throughout the night, throwing names around in the hope that we could come up with a large enough list to choose our stars from as some would no doubt not be interested. By morning the list had been completed. BB started ringing the people on her half of the list and I went into my office to make my calls. I sat down at my desk and looked up at the title belts i'd won over the years. [I]Where did the time go?[/I] I thought to myself. Shaking myself out of my daydream I began making the calls, hopeful that even a few would be keen to sign up. By the end of the day we'd only got through a quarter of our entire list and had more rejections than acceptances. I was glad to see that we had at least a handful of people though. Hopefully there'd be more tomorrow. Current OAPW roster: [CENTER][IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/GeorgeBarkley.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/GregAnderson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/LarryMorgan.jpg[/IMG] [B]George Barkley[COLOR="White"]1234567[/COLOR]Greg Anderson[COLOR="White"]1234567[/COLOR]Larry Morgan[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/MickTravers.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/TsunayoshiKatayama.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/YoshimatsuJuichi.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Mick Travers [COLOR="White"]12345[/COLOR]Tsunayoshi Katayama [COLOR="White"]12[/COLOR]Yoshimatsu Juichi[/CENTER][/B] (Thriller: you were pretty much spot on with your OAPW reference! :D)

[I]What the hell.... OAPW?[/I] I sat there for a moment trying to decipher the meaning behind these four simple letters. After a few minutes, my memory of the night before came crawling back into my mind. Excited by this new prospect I dashed into the house to tell BB of my plans. I was getting the silent treatment from her nearly all day, in a way it was lucky because I could come up with my ideas in peace without a nagging wife in my ear every 5 seconds. I finally managed to persuade her to talk to me in the evening though after i'd drafted some ideas up. She too seemed excited by the fact that we'd be returning to our roots in the wrestling world, albeit in a different capacity to what we were used to. We sat down and started to work out exactly how we were going to go about creating our own promotion. "Well BB" I said, "These young guys today just don't have what it takes to be a superstar. They're either musclebound freaks, lacking in wrestling ability or have the charmisa of a turnip. Just look at Runaway Train, the current SWF champion, he's just a tree with legs. I've got more technical ability in my little toe than he's got in his whole body." "What're you suggesting we do then?" "Well, i've got what I think is a great idea. We hire former wrestlers who we know will be able to put on a good show for the fans. If we're able to do that then it can work in our favour three ways: Firstly, it'll bring in the fans who want a nostalgia trip, you know, those who love to see the wrestlers they idolised as they grew up. Secondly, if we bring in former big name stars then it'll give the promotion a level of instant credibility. Thirdly, if we bring in any younger guys who we might think have potential then we can put them in the ring with our stars and hopefully they'll learn from them." "Terry, you've had some crazy notions over the years but I have to admit that this is sounding like a good idea. Who are we going to try and bring into the roster though?" "Top of my list has to be Master Kitozon, quite possibly the greatest wrestler of all time!" "He died years ago dear." "Oh yeah" I said, rather bemused by my own stupidity. "Who else then?" We both looked at each other, I could tell she knew what I was thinking because she started to grin. "I think Larry might be game..." I said with a knowing smile. Larry Morgan is perhaps the most well known wrestler still alive today and has wrestled all over the world for every promotion worth it's salt. Luckily he also happened to be a good friend of mine and was always turning up in a ring somewhere to surprise his legion of fans. "I think Larry would definitely want to be included, in fact, he'd probably be insulted if we didn't ask him!" she chuckled. "We'd need someone who could be a match for him though so what about Joe Krane or Greg Anderson?" "Joe was in a car accident a few years back and it messed his back up pretty bad. I like the idea of using Greg though. I also think we'll need some Japanese flavour added to the mix so that we can also cater for the Japanese fans. Plus it'd also be good to let fans here in the US get to see some classic Japanese style wrestling. I must try and get hold of Yoshimatsu to see what he's up to these days, it's been far too long since we've seen each other." "If you're trying to think of Japanese wrestlers who might be interested then it might be an idea to try and contact Kiyoshi Yamamoto and Tsunayoshi Katayama too, they were great in their day." We continued throughout the night, throwing names around in the hope that we could come up with a large enough list to choose our stars from as some would no doubt not be interested. By morning the list had been completed. BB started ringing the people on her half of the list and I went into my office to make my calls. I sat down at my desk and looked up at the title belts i'd won over the years. [I]Where did the time go?[/I] I thought to myself. Shaking myself out of my daydream I began making the calls, hopeful that even a few would be keen to sign up. By the end of the day we'd only got through a quarter of our entire list and had more rejections than acceptances. I was glad to see that we had at least a handful of people though. Hopefully there'd be more tomorrow. Current OAPW roster: [CENTER][IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/GeorgeBarkley.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/GregAnderson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/LarryMorgan.jpg[/IMG] [B]George Barkley[COLOR="White"]1234567[/COLOR]Greg Anderson[COLOR="White"]1234567[/COLOR]Larry Morgan[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/MickTravers.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/TsunayoshiKatayama.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/OAPW%20-%20Dynasty/YoshimatsuJuichi.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Mick Travers [COLOR="White"]12345[/COLOR]Tsunayoshi Katayama [COLOR="White"]12[/COLOR]Yoshimatsu Juichi[/CENTER][/B] (Thriller: you were pretty much spot on with your OAPW reference! :D)

[QUOTE=Clarity;156042]I do have 1 comment. Is it me or does George Barkley have a gimp mask on :)[/QUOTE] He does indeed, I took off the straps and rubber ball in his mouth.... :eek: Nah, there is a reason behind him having that mask but I haven't got round to explaining it yet! There's also a reason why part of it's missing too. (nothing gimp related though! :p)

[QUOTE=Clarity;156042]I do have 1 comment. Is it me or does George Barkley have a gimp mask on :)[/QUOTE] He does indeed, I took off the straps and rubber ball in his mouth.... :eek: Nah, there is a reason behind him having that mask but I haven't got round to explaining it yet! There's also a reason why part of it's missing too. (nothing gimp related though! :p)

Archived