DOTT World Tag Team Cup

Just a brief announcement to let you know that the [B][COLOR=Red]DOTT Tag Team World [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Cup[/COLOR][/B] will begin soon! 32 teams will be participating and the tournament will be divided into two parts. The first round will be in a round-robin format with [B]8 blocks [/B] of [B]4 teams[/B]. Each team will face each other team in their block in [B]standard 2 vs. 2 matches[/B] with a [B]45 minute time limit[/B]. Points will calculated as follows: [COLOR=Red]Win by pinfall or submission [/COLOR] = [B]3 points[/B] [COLOR=Red]Time Limit Draw [/COLOR] = [B]1 point[/B] [COLOR=Red]Loss[/COLOR] = [B]0 points[/B] The [B]top two [/B] teams in [B]each block [/B] will then advance to a [B]single [/B] [B]elimination round [/B] until a winner is decided. The participants and their respective blocks will be announced in subsequent posts.

Explanation of the Blocks To decide the [B]participants [/B] for the tournament, I chose to enter [B]all current tag team champions [/B] and [B]16 other teams [/B] chosen to represent each world area, each promotion (except UWF and Joint), and my personal interest. There are 16 available champion teams, as some promotions have no assigned champions or have a conflict preventing their champions from participating. The tag champions from the major promotions (National and Cult), 8 in all, were given top slot in each block. The champions from the other promotions were then inserted at random into the second slot in each block, with the 16 other teams assigned to blocks by random draw. In the next eight posts, I'll post the blocks and then as the tournament progresses I'll edit those posts to reflect current standings.

Block A [U]Team 1[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]3 pts[/B].[/COLOR] [B][COLOR=Red]The Sheiks [/COLOR][/B] (Ken Patera & Jerry Blackwell) - [B]AWA World Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 2[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]9 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=Red]Brito & Parisi [/COLOR][/B] (Gino Brito & Tony Parisi) - [B]MLW Canadian Open Tag Team Champions[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]1st Place[/COLOR][/B] [U]Team 3[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]6 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=Red]Orton & Slater [/COLOR][/B] (Bob Orton Jr. & Dick Slater) - [B]SWCW[/B] [COLOR=Purple][B]2nd Place[/B][/COLOR] [U]Team 4[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]0 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR=Red]The Guerrero Brothers [/COLOR][/B] (Hector & Chavo Sr.) - [B]CMLL[/B] [U][B]Matches[/B][/U] 1 vs. 4 [COLOR=Red][B]The Sheiks [/B] [/COLOR] win over [COLOR=Blue][B]The Guerrero Brothers [/B] [/COLOR] by pinfall. [B]Patera[/B] with [B]Spinning Full Nelson [/B] on [B]Chavo Sr[/B] at 20:00. Rating: C+ 2 vs. 3 [COLOR=Red][B]Brito & Parisi [/B][/COLOR] win over [COLOR=Blue][B]Orton & Slater [/B][/COLOR] by pinfall. [B]Brito[/B] with [B]Double Arm DDT [/B] on [B]Orton[/B] at 43:00. Rating: B- 1 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]Orton & Slater [/COLOR] [/B] win over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Sheiks [/COLOR] [/B] by submission. [B]Orton[/B] with a [B]Main Event Sleeper [/B] on [B]Blackwell [/B] at 35:00. Rating: C 2 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]Brito & Parisi [/COLOR] [/B] win over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Guerrero Brothers [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Brito[/B] with a [B]Leaping Piledriver [/B] on [B]Chavo[/B] at 37:00. Rating: C+ 3 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]Orton & Slater [/COLOR] [/B] win over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Guerrero Brothers [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Orton[/B] with [B]The Superplex [/B] on [B]Hector[/B] at 26:00. Rating: C+ 1 vs. 2 [B][COLOR=Red]Brito & Parisi [/COLOR] [/B] win over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Sheiks [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Parisi [/B] with an [B]Arrow Suplex [/B] on [B]Patera[/B] at 35:00. Rating: C

Block B [U]Team 1[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]2 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The British Bulldogs [/B][/COLOR] (Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith) - [B]NJPW I.W.G.P. Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 2[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]1 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Rip Oliver & Assassin [/B][/COLOR] - [B]PNW Heavyweight Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 3[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]5 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Hansen & Brody [/B][/COLOR] (Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody) - [B]AJPW/CSTATE[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]2nd Place[/COLOR][/B] [U]Team 4[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]7 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Midnight Express [/B][/COLOR] (Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey) - [B]Mid-South[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]1st Place[/COLOR][/B] [U][B]Matches[/B][/U] 1 vs. 4 [COLOR=Red][B]The Midnight Express [/B][/COLOR] win over [COLOR=Blue][B]The British Bulldogs [/B][/COLOR] by pinfall. [B]Condrey[/B] with a [B]Double Underhook Piledriver [/B] on [B]Smith[/B] at 34:00. Rating: C 2 vs. 3 [COLOR=Red][B]Hansen & Brody [/B][/COLOR] win over [COLOR=Blue][B]Rip Oliver & Assassin [/B][/COLOR] by pinfall. [B]Brody[/B] with a [B]Running Knee Drop [/B] on [B]Assassin[/B] at 12:00. Rating: D 1 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]The British Bulldogs [/COLOR] [/B] fought to a time limit draw with [B][COLOR=Red]Hansen & Brody[/COLOR][/B]. Rating: C- 2 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Midnight Express [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]Rip Oliver & Assassin [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Condrey[/B] with a [B]Brass Knuckles Punch [/B] on [B]Assassin[/B] at 33:00. Rating: D 3 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]Hansen & Brody [/COLOR] [/B] fought to a time limit draw with [B][COLOR=Red]The Midnight Express[/COLOR][/B]. Rating: C 1 vs. 2 [B][COLOR=Red]The British Bulldogs [/COLOR] [/B] fought to a time limit draw with [B][COLOR=Red]Rip Oliver & Assassin[/COLOR][/B]. Rating: C

Block C [U]Team 1[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]7 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Brisco Brothers [/B][/COLOR] (Jack & Jerry Brisco) - [B]MACW NWA World Tag Team Champions[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]1st Place[/COLOR][/B] [U]Team 2[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]6 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Invaders [/B] [/COLOR] (Jose Huertas Gonzales & Johhny Rivera) - [B]WWC World Tag Team Champions[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]2nd Place[/COLOR][/B] [U]Team 3[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]3 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Koloffs [/B][/COLOR] (Ivan & Nikita Koloff) - [B]MACW[/B] [U]Team 4[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]1 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Funks [/B] [/COLOR] (Dory Funk Jr. & Terry Funk) - [B]AJPW/MACW[/B] [U][B]Matches[/B][/U] 1 vs. 4 [COLOR=Red][B]The Brisco Brothers [/B][/COLOR] fought to a draw with [COLOR=Red][B]The Funks[/B][/COLOR]. ([I]No judges decisions allowed.[/I]) Rating: C 2 vs. 3 [COLOR=Red][B]The Invaders [/B] [/COLOR] win over [COLOR=Blue][B]The Koloffs [/B][/COLOR] by pinfall. [B]Invader #3 [/B] (Rivera) with a [B]Loaded Mask Headbutt [/B] on [B]Ivan[/B] at 29:00. Rating: C 1 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]The Brisco Brothers [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Koloffs [/COLOR] [/B] by submission. [B]Jack [/B] with an [B]Indian Deathlock [/B] on[B] Nikita [/B] at 44:00. Rating: C 2 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Invaders [/COLOR] [/B] won over [COLOR=Blue][B]The Funks [/B] [/COLOR] by submission. [B]Invader #1[/B] (Gonzales) with a [B]Suastica Stretch [/B] on [B]Terry[/B] at 42:00. Rating: C+ 3 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Koloffs [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Funks [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Ivan[/B] with a [B]Loaded Elbow Pad Clothesline [/B] on [B]Dory [/B] at 40:00. Rating: C+ 1 vs. 2 [B][COLOR=Red]The Brisco Brothers [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Invaders [/COLOR] [/B] by submission. [B]Jerry[/B] with an [B]Indian Deathlock [/B] on [B]Invader #1[/B] at 37:00. Rating: D

Block D [U]Team 1[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]7 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Road Warriors [/B][/COLOR] (Hawk & Animal) - [B]GCW National Tag Team Champions[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]1st Place[/COLOR][/B] [U]Team 2[/U] - [COLOR=Green][B]2 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Fabulous Ones [/B] [/COLOR] (Stan Lane & Steve Keirn) -[B] CWA Southern Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 3[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]1 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Brothers of the Mask [/B][/COLOR] (Mil Mascaras & Dos Caras) - [B]UWA/AJPW[/B] [U]Team 4[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]6 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Hart Foundation [/B][/COLOR] (Bret Hart & Jim Niedhart) - [B]CSW[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]2nd Place[/COLOR][/B] [U][B]Matches[/B][/U] 1 vs. 4 [COLOR=Red][B]The Road Warriors [/B][/COLOR] win over [COLOR=Blue][B]The Hart Foundation[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall. [B]Animal [/B] after a [B]Skyhigh Lariat [/B] on [B]Niedhart[/B] at 34:00. Rating: B- 2 vs. 3 [COLOR=Red][B]The Fabulous Ones [/B][/COLOR] fought to a time limit draw with [COLOR=Red][B]Brothers of the Mask.[/B][/COLOR] Rating: C+ 1 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]The Road Warriors [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]Brothers of the Mask[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall. [B]Hawk[/B] after a [B]SkyHigh Lariat [/B] on [B]Caras[/B] at 24:00. Rating: B- 2 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Hart Foundation [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Fabulous Ones[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall. [B]Niedhart[/B] with a [B]Crucifix Powerbomb [/B] on [B]Keirn[/B] at 32:00. Rating: C+ 3 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Hart Foundation [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]Brothers of the Mask [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Hart[/B] with a [B]Suplex Powerslam [/B] on [B]Mascaras[/B] at 44:00. Rating: C 1 vs. 2 [B][COLOR=Red]The Road Warriors [/COLOR] [/B] fought to a time limit draw with [B][COLOR=Red]The Fabulous Ones[/COLOR][/B]. Rating: D

Block E [U]Team 1[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]1 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Wild Samoans [/B][/COLOR] (Afa & Sika) - [B]WWF World Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 2[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]3 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Tyler & Brown [/B][/COLOR] (Buzz Tyler & Bob Brown) - [B]CSTATE Central States Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 3[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]9 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The U.S. Express [/B][/COLOR] (Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo) - [B]CWF[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]1st Place[/COLOR][/B] [U]Team 4 [/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]4 pts.[/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Bruiser & The Crusher [/B] [/COLOR] - [B]AWA[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]2nd Place[/COLOR][/B] [U][B]Matches[/B][/U] 1 vs. 4 [COLOR=Red][B]The Wild Samoans [/B][/COLOR] fought to a time limit draw with [B][COLOR=Red]The Bruiser and The Crusher[/COLOR][/B]. Rating: C 2 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]The U.S. Express [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]Tyler & Brown[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall. [B]Windham[/B] with a [B]Brainbuster Suplex [/B] on [B]Brown[/B] at 44:00. Rating: B- 1 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]The U.S. Express [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Wild Samoans [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Windham[/B] with a [B]Thesz Press [/B] on [B]Sika[/B] at 31:00. Rating: D 2 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Bruiser & The Crusher [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]Tyler & Brown [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Bruiser [/B] with a [B]Knockout Punch [/B] on [B]Brown[/B] at 40:00. Rating: C+ 3 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The U.S. Express [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Bruiser & The Crusher [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Rotundo [/B] with a [B]Double Underhook Cradle [/B] on [B]The Crusher [/B] at 41:00. Rating: D 1 vs. 2 [B][COLOR=Red]Tyler & Brown [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Wild Samoans [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Tyler [/B] with an [B]Uranage Slam [/B] on [B]Afa [/B] at 44:00. Rating: C

Block F [U]Team 1[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]3 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II [/B][/COLOR] - [B]Mid-South Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 2[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]1 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Moretti & Schultz [/B][/COLOR] (Moondog Moretti & David Schultz) - [B]ASW International Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 3[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]6 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Dynamic Duo [/B][/COLOR] (Gino Hernandez & Chris Adams) - [B]WCCW[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]2nd Place[/COLOR][/B] [U]Team 4[/U]- [B][COLOR=Green]7 pts.[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=Red][B]DiBiase & Williams [/B] [/COLOR] (Ted DiBiase & Steve Williams) - [B]Mid-South[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]1st Place[/COLOR][/B] [B][U]Matches[/U][/B] 1 vs. 4 [COLOR=Red][B]DiBiase & Williams [/B][/COLOR] win over [COLOR=Blue][B]Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II[/B][/COLOR] by submission. [B]DiBiase[/B] with a [B]Million Dollar Dream [/B] on [B]Mr. Wrestling II [/B] at 35:00. Rating: D 2 vs. 3 [COLOR=Red][B]The Dynamic Duo [/B][/COLOR] win over [COLOR=Blue][B]Moretti & Schultz [/B][/COLOR] by pinfall. [B]Hernandez[/B] after a [B]Tag Spike Piledriver [/B] on [B]Moretti[/B] at 41:00. Rating: C 1 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]The Dynamic Duo [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II[/COLOR] [/B] by submission. [B]Adams[/B] with a [B]Kataha Jime Judo Choke [/B] on [B]Magnum[/B] at 40:00. Rating: C 2 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]Moretti & Schultz [/COLOR] [/B] fought to a time limit draw with [B][COLOR=Red]DiBiase & Williams[/COLOR][/B]. 3 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]DiBiase & Wiliiams [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Dynamic Duo [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Williams[/B] with a [B]Doctor Bomb [/B] on [B]Adams[/B] at 42:00. Rating: C+ 1 vs. 2 [B][COLOR=Red]Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]Moretti & Schultz [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Mr. Wrestling II [/B] with a [B]Thesz Press [/B] on [B]Moretti [/B] at 25:00. Rating: E

Block G [U]Team 1[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]9 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Baba & Jumbo [/B][/COLOR] (Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta) - [B]AJPW NWA Intenational Tag Team Champions[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]1st Place[/COLOR][/B] [U]Team 2[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]0 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Samoan Swat Team [/B][/COLOR] (Samu & Fatu) - [B]PPW Polynesian Pacific Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 3[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]3 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Rock 'n' Roll Express [/B][/COLOR] (Robert Gibson & Ricky Morton) - [B]Mid-South[/B] [U]Team 4[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]6 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Von Erichs [/B][/COLOR] (Kevin & Kerry Von Erich) - [B]WCCW[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]2nd Place[/COLOR][/B] [U][B]Matches[/B][/U] 1 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]Baba & Jumbo [/COLOR] [/B] win over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Von Erichs [/COLOR] [/B] by submission. [B]Tsuruta[/B] with a [B]Spinning Toe Hold Submission [/B] on [B]Kevin[/B] at 17:00. Rating: D 2 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]The Rock'n'Roll Express [/COLOR] [/B] win over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Samoan Swat Team [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Gibson[/B] with a [B]Swan Dive [/B] on [B]Samu[/B] at 32:00. Rating: C 1 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]Baba & Jumbo [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Rock'n'Roll Express [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Tsuruta [/B] with a [B]Backdrop Driver [/B] on [B]Gibson[/B] at 15:00. Rating: C+ 2 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Von Erichs [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Samoan Swat Team [/COLOR] [/B] by submission. [B]Kerry[/B] with an [B]Iron Claw [/B] on [B]Fatu[/B] at 34:00. Rating: C 3 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Von Erichs [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Rock'n'Roll Express [/COLOR] [/B] by submission. [B]Kevin[/B] with an [B]Iron Claw [/B] on [B]Gibson[/B] at 33:00. Rating: D 1 vs. 2 [B][COLOR=Red]Baba & Jumbo [/COLOR] [/B] win over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Samoan Swat Team [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Baba[/B] with a [B]Giant Chokeslam [/B] on [B]Samu[/B] at 9:00. Rating: C

Block H [U]Team 1[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]5 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Fabulous Freebirds [/B] [/COLOR] (Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy) - [B]WCCW Texas Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 2[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]0 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]The Armstrongs [/B] [/COLOR] (Brad & Scott Armstrong) - [B]SECW Southeastern Tag Team Champions[/B] [U]Team 3[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]5 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]North-South Connection [/B][/COLOR] (Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch) - [B]WWF[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]1st Place [/COLOR] [/B] ([I]judged winner of both draws[/I]) [U]Team 4[/U]- [COLOR=Green][B]5 pts.[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][B]Golden Team [/B] [/COLOR] (Antonio Inoki & Seiji Sakaguchi) - [B]NJPW[/B] [B][COLOR=Purple]2nd Place[/COLOR][/B] ([I]judged winner of one draw[/I]) [B][U]Matches[/U][/B] 1 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]The Fabulous Freebirds [/COLOR] [/B] fought to a time limit draw with [COLOR=Red][B]Golden Team[/B][/COLOR]. Rating: D 2 vs. 3 [COLOR=Red][B]North-South Connection [/B][/COLOR] won over [COLOR=Blue][B]The Armstrongs [/B][/COLOR] by submission. [B]Adonis[/B] with a [B]Figure Four Leglock [/B] on [B]Brad[/B] at 42:00. Rating: C 1 vs. 3 [B][COLOR=Red]The Fabulous Freebirds [/COLOR] [/B] fought to a time limit draw with [B][COLOR=Red]North-South Connection[/COLOR][/B]. 2 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]Golden Team [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Armstrongs [/COLOR] [/B] by submission. [B]Sakaguchi [/B] with a [B]Standing Leg Split Hold [/B] on [B]Brad[/B] at 16:00. Rating: D 3 vs. 4 [B][COLOR=Red]North-South Connection [/COLOR] [/B] fought to a time limit draw with [B][COLOR=Red]Golden Team[/COLOR][/B]. Rating: D 1 vs. 2 [B][COLOR=Red]The Fabulous Freebirds [/COLOR] [/B] won over [B][COLOR=Blue]The Armstrong Brothers [/COLOR] [/B] by pinfall. [B]Gordy[/B] with a [B]Running Powerslam [/B] on [B]Brad[/B] at 20:00. Rating: C

[QUOTE=Block A] [B] My Block A Predictions[/B] [U]Match 1:[/U] The Sheiks vs. [B]The Guerrero Brothers[/B] [U]Match 2:[/U] Brito & Parisi vs. [B]Orton & Slater[/B] [U]Match 3:[/U]The Sheiks vs.[B]Orton & Slater[/B] [U]Match 4:[/U]Brito & Parisi vs.[B]The Guerrero Brothers[/B] [U]Match 5:[/U][B]Orton & Slater[/B] vs. The Guerrero Brothers [U]Match 6:[/U][B]The Sheiks [/B] vs.Brito & Parisi [/QUOTE] [I] overall Block A looks lie ti will be tough but I'm predicting Orton and Slater to take the block by storm.[/I] [QUOTE=Block B] [B] My Block B Predictions[/B] [U]Match 1:[/U] The Brisco Brothers vs. [B]The Funks [/B] [U]Match 2:[/U] The Invaders vs. [B]The Koloffs[/B] [U]Match 3:[/U]The Brisco Brothers vs.[B]The Koloffs[/B] [U]Match 4:[/U]The Invaders vs.[B]The Funks[/B] [U]Match 5:[/U][B]The Funks[/B] vs. The Koloffs [U]Match 6:[/U][B]The Brisco Brothers [/B] vs. The Invaders [/QUOTE] [I]This will end up being a battle between the funks and briscoes , hopefully the Funks come out victorious[/I] [QUOTE=Block D] [B] My Block D Predictions[/B] [U]Match 1:[/U] The Road Warriors vs. [B]The Hart Foundation [/B] [U]Match 2:[/U] The Fabulous Ones vs. [B]Brothers of the Mask[/B] [U]Match 3:[/U]Brothers of the Mask vs.[B]The Road Warriors[/B] [U]Match 4:[/U]The Fabulous Ones vs.[B]The Hart Foundation[/B] [U]Match 5:[/U][B]The Hart Foundation[/B] vs. Brothers of the Mask [U]Match 6:[/U][B]The Road Warriors [/B] vs. The Fabulous Ones[/QUOTE] [I]I'd love to see the Road Warriors take this but The hart Foundation will reign Supreme[/I]

This is awesome, XoX! You have an excellent set-up for this tournament. I've got my program, my Heiniken, and the kids have been sent to bed... I'm ready for the first annual 'XoX Tournament of Champions'. :) [U]Block A[/U]: [I]The Sheiks, Orton & Slater, Brito & Parisi, and The Guerreros[/I] Advancing: [B]The Sheiks[/B] -- I am a big fan of 3 of the teams in this block (I dont know too much about Brito & Parisi), but... Patera and Blackwell are monsters in the scenario; especially Patera. Jerry's size advantage gives the Sheiks a major break in this block. [U]Block B[/U]: [I]Jack & Jerry Brisco, The Funks, The Invaders, and The Koloffs[/I] Advancing: Can I take the easy way out and say 'All of them'? Holy cow - this is an excellent block. [B]The Funks[/B] have the advantage, in my opinion, as Dory and Terry are an excellent marriage of technical mastery and brute rough housing. [U]Block C[/U]: [I]The Road Warriors, Hart Foundation, Fabulous Ones, and Brothers of the Mask[/I] Advancing: I believe it will come down to the Hart Foundation and Mascaras & Caras. The Roadies are a tad too green at this point. Plus, they will be hindered by not having 'Precious' Paul Ellering at ringside with them. I'm going with the [B]Hart Foundation[/B] - Neidharts strength and Hart's ring mastery will be too much to handle. [U]Block D[/U]: [I]The Wild Samoans, Dick the Bruiser & The Crusher, the U.S. Express, and Tyler & Brown [/I] Advancing: Hmmmm... another tough one, but I think that [B]Rotundo & Windham[/B] will have a slight advantage due to their youth and conditioning. [U]Block E[/U]: [I]Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II, Moondog Moretti & David Schultz, The Dynamic Duo, and Dibiase & Dr. Death[/I] Advancing: So unfair... Hernandez and Adams are one of my all-time favorites, but they are facing the favorites of the entire tournament: [B]Dibase & Dr. Death[/B]. [U]Block F[/U]: [I]Baba & Jumbo, the SST, The Von Erichs, the R & R Express[/I] Advancing: Thank goodness David Von Erich isn't participating! That bum cost me an arm and a leg in that singles tournament. :) Seriously, the experience of [B]Baba and Tsuruta[/B] will be too much for everyone involved in this block. Baba's size will also be too much for the smaller teams here. [U]Block G[/U]: [I]The Fabulous Freebirds, the Armstrongs, Golden Team, and the North-South Connection[/I] Advancing: Wowzers... the Armstrongs stand no chance against these brilliant workers. I'm really torn between the Freebirds and Adonis & Murdoch, as both of these teams were amazing. I'm going with [B]Adonis & Murdoch[/B] (another of my all-time favs) -- As incredible as Terry Gordy is, Micheal Hayes is the weak link.

Just awesome! I have a feeling that the Midnight Express v. Bulldogs match might have been more exciting than the final rating let on. At least when Davey Boy was on the apron... ;) It's too bad the fans don't seem to be into the more mat based matches. The Dibiase & Williams v. Wrestling II & Magnum match, for example, ended with a disappointing final rating, even though you would think it would have been a great match. ... At least when Magnum was hanging out with Davey Boy. ;) The Road Warriors v. Hart Foundation match looked awesome! And I'm very happy that my two favorites are advancing nicely: Go Dynamic Duo and the North-South Connection!!

Going into the final block matches A report on the block standings as we head into the final matches. For more match details, check the previous posts. [B][U]Block A[/U][/B] Surprising many, [B][COLOR=Red]Gino Brito and Tony Parisi [/COLOR] [/B] have secured a place in the Best 16 with two convincing wins. It's down to [B][COLOR=Red]The Sheiks [/COLOR] [/B] and [B][COLOR=Red]Orton & Slater [/COLOR] [/B] for the number two position, with The Sheiks having arguably the tougher match against the undefeated team from MLW. [B][U]Block B[/U][/B] Three teams have an opportunity to advance in this, with only [B][COLOR=Red]Rip Oliver & Assassin[/COLOR][/B] officially out of the running. If [B][COLOR=Red]Hansen & Brody [/COLOR] [/B] win against the undefeated [B][COLOR=Red]Midnight Express[/COLOR][/B], they will take top spot. If they lose, however, and [B][COLOR=Red]The British Bulldogs [/COLOR] [/B] win, then the Bulldogs will advance based on the judging of their draw with Hansen & Brody. The Midnight Express have secured a Best 16 spot. Should be interesting! [B][U]Block C[/U][/B] [B][COLOR=Red]The Invaders [/COLOR] [/B] have been dominant thus far and have secured their place in the Best 16. [B][COLOR=Red]The Koloffs [/COLOR] [/B] are officially eliminated, but their match with [B][COLOR=Red]The Funks [/COLOR] [/B] is an important one. If [B][COLOR=Red]The Brisco Brothers [/COLOR] [/B] should lose their match and The Funks win, The Funks will advance based on judging of their draw with The Briscos. [B][U]Block D[/U][/B] [B][COLOR=Red]The Road Warriors [/COLOR] [/B] are guaranteed to advance in top spot, but second place is wide open for the other three. Depending on the outcome of the final block matches, [B][COLOR=Red]The Hart Foundation[/COLOR][/B], [B][COLOR=Red]The Fabulous Ones[/COLOR][/B], or [B][COLOR=Red]Brothers of the Mask [/COLOR] [/B] could advance. Another exciting block to watch! [B][U]Block E[/U][/B] Should [B][COLOR=Red]The Wild Samoans [/COLOR] [/B] defeat the sad sack [B][COLOR=Red]Tyler & Brown [/COLOR] [/B] and [B][COLOR=Red]The Bruiser & The Crusher [/COLOR] [/B] lose to the advancing [B][COLOR=Red]U.S. Express[/COLOR][/B], The Samoans would advance based on the judging of their draw with The Bruiser & The Crusher. Should the Bruiser & The Crusher beat the dominant U.S. Express, they would take the top spot. [B][U]Block F[/U][/B] This one is pretty much a battle for top spot between [B][COLOR=Red]The Dynamic Duo [/COLOR] [/B] and [B][COLOR=Red]DiBiase & Williams[/COLOR][/B]. [B][COLOR=Red]Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II [/COLOR] [/B] and [B][COLOR=Red]Moretti & Schultz [/COLOR] [/B] have no chance of advancing. [B][U]Block G[/U][/B] [B][COLOR=Red]Baba & Jumbo [/COLOR] [/B] have crushed the competition and so will advance in the top position. With [B][COLOR=Red]The Samoan Swat Team [/COLOR] [/B] out of the running, this block comes down to the all important second place match between [B][COLOR=Red]The Rock'n'Roll Express[/COLOR][/B] and [B][COLOR=Red]The Von Erichs[/COLOR][/B]. [B][U]Block H[/U][/B] Though [B][COLOR=Red]The Fabulous Freebirds [/COLOR] [/B] have yet to win, their two draws and a possible easy win over the underdog [B][COLOR=Red]Armstrongs[/COLOR][/B] would be enough for them to advance. The real battle here will be between [COLOR=Red][B]North-South [/B] [B]Connection[/B][/COLOR] and [B][COLOR=Red]Golden Team[/COLOR][/B]. A draw between these two would mean they would both advance, based on the judging of both team's draws with The Freebirds. A clear win for one team will mean the other is eliminated.

[B] Out of Block A it is Surprising that the Guerrero Brothers are out and that Brito and parisi would do so good is shocking. Block B: the Midnight Express are really Shining , I'd figure the British Bulldogs or Hansen and company would lead Block C: The Funks Really let me down , i expected the invaders to be on the losign end Block D: For Being So young I'm amazed that The Road Warriors are Out-Shining the hart Foundation Block E: Out of the bunch i figured the U.S. Express would take it easily Block F: Dang anotehr Surprise. I never would ahve figured the Dynamic Duo to make it Block G: Baba and Jimbo have a fiarly good grip on the block Block H: I figured the Armstrongs would have done better , as did I with the Freebirds.[/B] loving this man

[B]Block A[/B]: Brito & Parisi's advancement brings with it a fine 'hurrah!' from the old schoolers, I'm sure. They were an excellent team, by all accounts. What surprises me is that the Sheiks didn't do as well as they might have. Then again, they were facing some tough competition there. Bob Orton rules! :) [B]Block B[/B]: The Midnights are one of the single coolest tag teams, in my opinion; Condrey & Eaton were amazing. I'm not at all surprised that they are advancing. What does, though, is that Hansen & Brody didn't outright dominate that first round. I would like to think that had the matches went to a decision, Stan & Frank would have gotten the 'clean' wins. [B]Block C[/B]: The Briscos and the Invaders... Like Dochappy, I am really amazed at the Funks complete meltdown in the first stanza. I don't blame the Invaders, though, as they were a great team - it was the Koloffs! Ivan nailing Dory with that Loaded Elbow Pad was a downright disgrace. Drad-gum Commies! :)

Best 16 Match-Ups Here's how the [B]Best 16 [/B] will be matched going in to the [B]single elimination round [/B] of the tournament. This round of the tournament will have no time limits, so each match will have a definitive winner. [B]1st A[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]Brito & Parisi[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd E[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Bruiser & The Crusher[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st C[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Brisco Brothers[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd G[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Von Erichs[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st D[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Road Warriors[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd H[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]Golden Team[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st B[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Midnight Express[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd F[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Dynamic Duo[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st H[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]North-South Connection[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd D[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Hart Foundation[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st F[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]DiBiase & Williams[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd B[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]Hansen & Brody[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st E[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The U.S. Express[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd A[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]Orton & Slater[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st G[/B]- [B][COLOR=Red]Baba & Jumbo[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd C[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Invaders[/COLOR][/B] So, that's what it looks like. Any predictions out there?

[QUOTE] [B]1st A[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]Brito & Parisi[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd E[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]*The Bruiser & The Crusher[/COLOR][/B] Bolo Punch! [B]1st C[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]*The Brisco Brothers[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd G[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Von Erichs[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st D[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]*The Road Warriors[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd H[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]Golden Team[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st B[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Midnight Express[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd F[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]*The Dynamic Duo[/COLOR][/B] Talk about a win-win situation... either team deserves to advance. [B]1st H[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]*North-South Connection[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd D[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Hart Foundation[/COLOR][/B] The best thing about Adonis & Murdoch winning is going to be beating the winner of the Dibiase & Dr. Death v. Hansen & Brody match. ;) [B]1st F[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]DiBiase & Williams[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd B[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]*Hansen & Brody[/COLOR][/B] Another one of those 'Doesn't Matters' :) [B]1st E[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The U.S. Express[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd A[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]*Orton & Slater[/COLOR][/B] [B]1st G[/B]- [B][COLOR=Red]*Baba & Jumbo[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]2nd C[/B]-[B][COLOR=Red]The Invaders[/COLOR][/B] It's too bad the Heart Punch is illegal, or the Invaders would destroy anyone. In a straight up match with the DQ rule, though, Baba and Tsuruta will manhandle those cheaters! Heh. [/QUOTE] Looks to be an excellent round!

Best 16 [B][U]Match 1[/U][/B] [B]Brito & Parisi vs. The Bruiser & The Crusher[/B] Though Brito & Parisi were undefeated in the Block matches, their technical prowess and stamina were no match for the roughneck style of The Bruiser & The Crusher. [B]Winners[/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]The Bruiser & The Crusher[/COLOR][/B] [B]The Crusher [/B] ends it with a [B]Bolo Punch [/B] on [B]Parisi[/B] at 34:00. Rating: C+ [B][U]Match 2[/U][/B] [B]The Brisco Brothers vs. The Von Erichs[/B] By all accounts outmatched, Kevin and Kerry pull off one the great upsets of the tournament by defeating Jack and Jerry in a back and forth affair. The last twenty minutes of the match saw at least thirty attempted and slipped finishing holds before Kevin was able to lock on the Iron Claw. [B]Winners[/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]The Von Erichs[/COLOR][/B] [B]Kevin[/B] gets a submission with the [B]Iron Claw [/B] on [B]Jack[/B] at 54:00. Rating: C In the quarterfinals it will be [B]The Bruiser & The Crusher [/B] taking on [B]The Von Erichs[/B]!

Best 16 [B][U]Match 3[/U][/B] [B]The Road Warriors vs Golden Team[/B] The technical prowess of the Japanese team was no match for the powerful Road Warriors as the Skyhigh Lariat continues to wreak havoc! [B]Winners[/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]The Road Warriors[/COLOR][/B] [B]Hawk[/B] with the pin after a [B]Skyhigh Lariat [/B] on [B]Sakaguchi [/B] at 31:00. Rating: C+ [B][B][U]Match 4[/U][/B][/B] [B]The Midnight Express vs The Dynamic Duo[/B] A very evenly matched contest with a lot of rulebreaking on both sides. Every man scored at least one finisher but Condrey finally managed to get the pin on Hernandez. [B]Winners[/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]The Midnight Express[/COLOR][/B] [B]Condrey[/B] with a [B]Double Underhook Piledriver [/B] on [B]Hernandez [/B] at 48:00. Rating: C And so an old rivalry is renewed as [B]The Road Warriors [/B] face [B]The Midnight Express[/B] in the next round. Too bad there's no scaffold match! ;)

*sputter* The outrage! Freaking Condrey is the biggest cheater in the world, everyone knows that! Gino was robbed!! See... it had to be politics, because no man puts down the Handsome Half-Breed! :) I'm really surprised how well the Roadies are doing. Maybe they're not as green as I had thought I made them, lol. They are mauling people with that Skyhigh Lariat like mad! :)

Best 16 [B][U]Match 5[/U][/B] [B]North-South Connection vs The Hart Foundation[/B] The technique of Bret Hart and the power of Jim Niedhart were simply not enough to counter the experience of Adonis and Murdoch in this one. [B]Winners[/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]North-South Connection[/COLOR][/B] [B]Murdoch[/B] with a [B]Brainbuster Suplex [/B] on [B]Niedhart[/B] at 25:00. Rating: C+ [B][U]Match 6[/U][/B] [B]Dibiase & Williams vs Hansen & Brody[/B] Dibiase and Williams were simply unable to get anything started in this one as the rough and powerful style of Hansen and Brody dominated. [B]Winners[/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]Hansen & Brody[/COLOR][/B] [B]Hansen[/B] with a [B]Brainbuster Suplex [/B] on [B]Dibiase[/B] at 19:00. Rating: C+ Both teams won their matches with the Brainbuster Suplex so it'll be interesting to see what happens when [B]North-South Connection [/B] meet [B]Hansen & Brody [/B] in the next round.

Best 16 [B][U]Match 7[/U][/B] [B]U.S. Express vs Orton & Slater[/B] In a very evenly matched contest, both teams got their licks in and it could have gone either way, but the young team of Windham and Rotundo came out on top. [B]Winners[/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]U.S. Express[/COLOR][/B] [B]Windham [/B] with a [B]Brainbuster Suplex [/B] on [B]Slater[/B] at 45:00. Rating: C+ [B][U]Match 8[/U][/B] [B]Baba & Jumbo vs The Invaders[/B] Not much of a surprise here as the Japanese team continue to plow through the competition. [B]Winners[/B]: [B][COLOR=Red]Baba & Jumbo[/COLOR][/B] [B]Giant Baba [/B] with a [B]Giant Chokeslam [/B] on [B]Invader #3[/B] at 28:00. Rating: B- Can the youth and energy of the [B]U.S. Express [/B] overcome the odds and defeat the great team from the land of the rising sun, [B]Baba & Jumbo[/B]? We'll find out as the quarterfinals get underway real soon!

Archived