October 24th Update Thread

Agreed, I was always annoyed when running small and even Regional Promotions that I coulded figure out who was getting over even by a little bit F- to F+ is a huge jump, when you're hoping to break even on some shows. Hope this makes the final game. As for the data work nearing it's finish :) means the game is coming up on the home stretch, can't wait. I think I have issues though i've resorted to running TEW 2004 and 2005 at the same time. Do my 2004 stuff hit end trun and play 2 days of 2005, seems to work well for matching time well other then the odd time 2004 still needs a few. Thinking of tracking down EWR 4 soon and seeing just how much has changed in just the past few years

Agreed, I was always annoyed when running small and even Regional Promotions that I coulded figure out who was getting over even by a little bit F- to F+ is a huge jump, when you're hoping to break even on some shows. Hope this makes the final game. As for the data work nearing it's finish :) means the game is coming up on the home stretch, can't wait. I think I have issues though i've resorted to running TEW 2004 and 2005 at the same time. Do my 2004 stuff hit end trun and play 2 days of 2005, seems to work well for matching time well other then the odd time 2004 still needs a few. Thinking of tracking down EWR 4 soon and seeing just how much has changed in just the past few years

[QUOTE=nightstalker;156038]Agreed, I was always annoyed when running small and even Regional Promotions that I coulded figure out who was getting over even by a little bit F- to F+ is a huge jump, when you're hoping to break even on some shows. Hope this makes the final game. As for the data work nearing it's finish :) means the game is coming up on the home stretch, can't wait. I think I have issues though i've resorted to running TEW 2004 and 2005 at the same time. Do my 2004 stuff hit end trun and play 2 days of 2005, seems to work well for matching time well other then the odd time 2004 still needs a few. Thinking of tracking down EWR 4 soon and seeing just how much has changed in just the past few years[/QUOTE] Other than ewr and tew are in the same genre of game. So much has changed you almost can't compare the 2.

[QUOTE=nightstalker;156038]Agreed, I was always annoyed when running small and even Regional Promotions that I coulded figure out who was getting over even by a little bit F- to F+ is a huge jump, when you're hoping to break even on some shows. Hope this makes the final game. As for the data work nearing it's finish :) means the game is coming up on the home stretch, can't wait. I think I have issues though i've resorted to running TEW 2004 and 2005 at the same time. Do my 2004 stuff hit end trun and play 2 days of 2005, seems to work well for matching time well other then the odd time 2004 still needs a few. Thinking of tracking down EWR 4 soon and seeing just how much has changed in just the past few years[/QUOTE] Other than ewr and tew are in the same genre of game. So much has changed you almost can't compare the 2.

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;156024]The extra grades should help small promotions, but don't forget A** for 100%! Anybody can get an A* match, but only the Cornells, Stones, and Eddie Peaks of this universe are worthy of 100% matches. *Edit, oh yeah, forgot Kunomasu and Yoshimi are also worthy.[/QUOTE] [cough]What about Haruki Kudo and Bryan Vessey?[/cough]

[QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me;156024]The extra grades should help small promotions, but don't forget A** for 100%! Anybody can get an A* match, but only the Cornells, Stones, and Eddie Peaks of this universe are worthy of 100% matches. *Edit, oh yeah, forgot Kunomasu and Yoshimi are also worthy.[/QUOTE] [cough]What about Haruki Kudo and Bryan Vessey?[/cough]

[QUOTE=Thriller;156069][cough]What about Haruki Kudo and Bryan Vessey?[/cough][/QUOTE] Not to mention McFly plus Tatsuko, Hoshino, Kunomasu, Miwa..... oh ok - the whole of PGHW :p Just on this subject - a question for Adam - given that there will now be (if my maths is up to it) 15 grades, does this mean that the top grades (A*/A etc) will be a higher percentage than at present (eg >93 = A*, 85-93 = A) or is it only the low grades that are changing? The reason for asking is that when your fed gets very big, getting an A* match is pretty easy, whereas I would like there to be a real challenge in getting that very top grade. Another possible way might be to add an extra note into the match reports if the A* match is a high A*, something along the lines of "This match was a match of the year contender".

[QUOTE=Thriller;156069][cough]What about Haruki Kudo and Bryan Vessey?[/cough][/QUOTE] Not to mention McFly plus Tatsuko, Hoshino, Kunomasu, Miwa..... oh ok - the whole of PGHW :p Just on this subject - a question for Adam - given that there will now be (if my maths is up to it) 15 grades, does this mean that the top grades (A*/A etc) will be a higher percentage than at present (eg >93 = A*, 85-93 = A) or is it only the low grades that are changing? The reason for asking is that when your fed gets very big, getting an A* match is pretty easy, whereas I would like there to be a real challenge in getting that very top grade. Another possible way might be to add an extra note into the match reports if the A* match is a high A*, something along the lines of "This match was a match of the year contender".

I don't really think we need to have F+, F-, E+, etc... A couple more grades and a slight rescaling would be enough imo. Just adding A- and D+ would be fine. A scale like: A+ = 95.1-100 A = 85.1-95.0 A- = 80.1-85.0 B+ = 75.1-80.0 B = 65.1-75.0 B- = 60.1-65.0 C+ = 55.1-60.0 C = 45.1-55.0 C- = 40.1-45.0 D+ = 35.1-40.0 D = 25.1-35.0 E = 15.1-25.0 F = 0.0-15.0 Would improve things by making the top levels harder to reach and spread things out more evenly without getting TOO specific. JMOHO

I don't really think we need to have F+, F-, E+, etc... A couple more grades and a slight rescaling would be enough imo. Just adding A- and D+ would be fine. A scale like: A+ = 95.1-100 A = 85.1-95.0 A- = 80.1-85.0 B+ = 75.1-80.0 B = 65.1-75.0 B- = 60.1-65.0 C+ = 55.1-60.0 C = 45.1-55.0 C- = 40.1-45.0 D+ = 35.1-40.0 D = 25.1-35.0 E = 15.1-25.0 F = 0.0-15.0 Would improve things by making the top levels harder to reach and spread things out more evenly without getting TOO specific. JMOHO

I think the grades should all have equal increments. Why would it take you 4.9% to go from an 'A' to an 'A*' when it takes you about 50% to go from an F- to just an F. Although it's similar to actual grades, you should be able to define it saying that since I am a local promotion, if I do a 25 excellent shows in a row, my grade will go from an F- to an F. While a cult size company will probably go from a C to a B+/A- level. That's why having 15 or so grades evens it out. If you ran a local company with 0% popularity and did great shows, wouldn't you like to see some progress instead of an F- for a few years?

I think the grades should all have equal increments. Why would it take you 4.9% to go from an 'A' to an 'A*' when it takes you about 50% to go from an F- to just an F. Although it's similar to actual grades, you should be able to define it saying that since I am a local promotion, if I do a 25 excellent shows in a row, my grade will go from an F- to an F. While a cult size company will probably go from a C to a B+/A- level. That's why having 15 or so grades evens it out. If you ran a local company with 0% popularity and did great shows, wouldn't you like to see some progress instead of an F- for a few years?

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;156090]I don't really think we need to have F+, F-, E+, etc... A couple more grades and a slight rescaling would be enough imo. Just adding A- and D+ would be fine. A scale like: A+ = 95.1-100 A = 85.1-95.0 A- = 80.1-85.0 B+ = 75.1-80.0 B = 65.1-75.0 B- = 60.1-65.0 C+ = 55.1-60.0 C = 45.1-55.0 C- = 40.1-45.0 D+ = 35.1-40.0 D = 25.1-35.0 E = 15.1-25.0 F = 0.0-15.0 Would improve things by making the top levels harder to reach and spread things out more evenly without getting TOO specific. JMOHO[/QUOTE] i agree with your recomended scale to an extent, especially making A* a very rare grade. But i think the bottom level of the scale needs improving. At the lowest level popularity increases are difficukt because you don't have access to TV shows or PPV. So making it the hardest grade to achieve seems a little bit counter-productive. I'd much prefer to see equal increments for each grade apart from A*. But i agree that we dont need huge amounts of grades. It gets to a point were if you have too many grades you may as well go back to percentages!

[QUOTE=Dolfanar;156090]I don't really think we need to have F+, F-, E+, etc... A couple more grades and a slight rescaling would be enough imo. Just adding A- and D+ would be fine. A scale like: A+ = 95.1-100 A = 85.1-95.0 A- = 80.1-85.0 B+ = 75.1-80.0 B = 65.1-75.0 B- = 60.1-65.0 C+ = 55.1-60.0 C = 45.1-55.0 C- = 40.1-45.0 D+ = 35.1-40.0 D = 25.1-35.0 E = 15.1-25.0 F = 0.0-15.0 Would improve things by making the top levels harder to reach and spread things out more evenly without getting TOO specific. JMOHO[/QUOTE] i agree with your recomended scale to an extent, especially making A* a very rare grade. But i think the bottom level of the scale needs improving. At the lowest level popularity increases are difficukt because you don't have access to TV shows or PPV. So making it the hardest grade to achieve seems a little bit counter-productive. I'd much prefer to see equal increments for each grade apart from A*. But i agree that we dont need huge amounts of grades. It gets to a point were if you have too many grades you may as well go back to percentages!

Archived