pstat.dat error

I know it was mentioned in another thread but I did not get it. I was able to play version 1.04 just fine. Loaded version 1.46 and game can't save after I created a new game because it said I had another BB game running which I don't. (a pstat.dat error and another file error I don't remember) Don't know what these files are and any help would be appreciated. The game sounds alot better. Wish I could start a new game.:(

I would remove all mods, remove all files in your Bowl Bound folder and do a clean install. Then, run the 1.46 update. If, after that, you still can't create a league from scratch - send me your pstats.dat and psetup.dat and I will try and create a league on my machine. I think, though, some of the mods are causing problems and they will probably not be overwritten (names text files, pstats.dat and psetup.dat) because the mods have a later date than the original installed files.

I would remove all mods, remove all files in your Bowl Bound folder and do a clean install. Then, run the 1.46 update. If, after that, you still can't create a league from scratch - send me your pstats.dat and psetup.dat and I will try and create a league on my machine. I think, though, some of the mods are causing problems and they will probably not be overwritten (names text files, pstats.dat and psetup.dat) because the mods have a later date than the original installed files.

It seems to be working for me now. I removed 1.46 and then updated with 1.11, but when I tried to run the game I was getting a Run Time Error 53. I was really getting desperate, so I decided to uninstall the update patches and delete the game totally. When I went to reinstall the game I could not find the original install file. My only option was to go to the GD website and download it again. I was worried though my e-license would not work because I had erased the game from my computer. It loaded ok and I was able to save game with version 1.11 ( no run time error 53). I then installed 1.46 and created a new league and it saved ok. I am no computer wiz but if it helps this was how the I got the game to work, because I could not save before with 1.46. I did not get past the orginal save when I created the game so hoping as I go foward no other problems arise.:) Geaux Tigers

It seems to be working for me now. I removed 1.46 and then updated with 1.11, but when I tried to run the game I was getting a Run Time Error 53. I was really getting desperate, so I decided to uninstall the update patches and delete the game totally. When I went to reinstall the game I could not find the original install file. My only option was to go to the GD website and download it again. I was worried though my e-license would not work because I had erased the game from my computer. It loaded ok and I was able to save game with version 1.11 ( no run time error 53). I then installed 1.46 and created a new league and it saved ok. I am no computer wiz but if it helps this was how the I got the game to work, because I could not save before with 1.46. I did not get past the orginal save when I created the game so hoping as I go foward no other problems arise.:) Geaux Tigers

Archived