Game Engine Questions (Arlie)

For receivers, does the route length/type matter? For instance, would I want to call long plays where my primary target is a speed WR and short routes where my primary receiver is a possession receiver? For QB's, what dictates success on the long passes? strength, touch, and accuracy equally or is one weighted more? Is there a minimum amount of arm strength that a QB needs to be safe to call long passing plays? How significant is the bonus for running the offense/defense preferred by your coordinator? Is there a bonus for a West Coast QB playing in a West Coast offense? Regarding offensive lineman, if you have a stud run-blocking LT and LG, would it be best to call the majority of your run plays to the left or is the result independent of the direction of the play? Thanks for your time.

[QUOTE=Deltoidius;156097]For receivers, does the route length/type matter? For instance, would I want to call long plays where my primary target is a speed WR and short routes where my primary receiver is a possession receiver? [/quote] That definately has an impact. QB's arm strength and accuracy also help fit certain routes. [quote]For QB's, what dictates success on the long passes? strength, touch, and accuracy equally or is one weighted more? Is there a minimum amount of arm strength that a QB needs to be safe to call long passing plays?[/quote] Accuracy, touch and arm strength are the most important for passing plays. Specifically for deeper passes, arm strength is more important (followed by accuracy). [quote]How significant is the bonus for running the offense/defense preferred by your coordinator? Is there a bonus for a West Coast QB playing in a West Coast offense?[/quote] It's a factor, but more of a bonus than a crucial element to play success. [quote]Regarding offensive lineman, if you have a stud run-blocking LT and LG, would it be best to call the majority of your run plays to the left or is the result independent of the direction of the play?[/quote] I would say to call more to the left but notice defensive tendencies as well. if a team continually blitzes to your left (based on personnel), run more to the right (even if it's weaker linemen).

[QUOTE=Deltoidius;156097]For receivers, does the route length/type matter? For instance, would I want to call long plays where my primary target is a speed WR and short routes where my primary receiver is a possession receiver? [/quote] That definately has an impact. QB's arm strength and accuracy also help fit certain routes. [quote]For QB's, what dictates success on the long passes? strength, touch, and accuracy equally or is one weighted more? Is there a minimum amount of arm strength that a QB needs to be safe to call long passing plays?[/quote] Accuracy, touch and arm strength are the most important for passing plays. Specifically for deeper passes, arm strength is more important (followed by accuracy). [quote]How significant is the bonus for running the offense/defense preferred by your coordinator? Is there a bonus for a West Coast QB playing in a West Coast offense?[/quote] It's a factor, but more of a bonus than a crucial element to play success. [quote]Regarding offensive lineman, if you have a stud run-blocking LT and LG, would it be best to call the majority of your run plays to the left or is the result independent of the direction of the play?[/quote] I would say to call more to the left but notice defensive tendencies as well. if a team continually blitzes to your left (based on personnel), run more to the right (even if it's weaker linemen).

Archived