Pass Coverage questions

Just look at both play diagrams. If it's a M2M scheme, remove the blitzers. if the MLB is not blitzing or playing zone, he will cover the RB. Same goes for the S with the TE. For M2M, the "PCB" will end up covering the top WR and "SCB" on the 2nd. The nickel and dime DBs will cover the 3rd and 4th WR (or TE). But, again, the best way to look at the coverage is to look at the play diagram. With the exception of PCB and LCB moving to the top WRs on man, that will be the coverage you see.

Just look at both play diagrams. If it's a M2M scheme, remove the blitzers. if the MLB is not blitzing or playing zone, he will cover the RB. Same goes for the S with the TE. For M2M, the "PCB" will end up covering the top WR and "SCB" on the 2nd. The nickel and dime DBs will cover the 3rd and 4th WR (or TE). But, again, the best way to look at the coverage is to look at the play diagram. With the exception of PCB and LCB moving to the top WRs on man, that will be the coverage you see.

Arlie- While in a nickel defense, the nickel back is shown lined up on the TE side of the offensive formation closer to the TE than the SS which is playing "back". With no blitzing, is it the nickel back's responsibility to cover the TE vs. the SS in this package? You mentioned in this post that the PCB always cover's the opponent's best receiver. Looks like the SE is always the best receiver on a team, so I've always "assumed" my PCB takes the SE while my SCB gets the FL and SS covers the TE in a 4-3 defense with MTM and no blitzing. Correct? When the offensive is in TRIPS formation where the SE, FL, and WR3 are all on the left (weak side of the formation), I assume the SCB rotates over to that side of the field to cover the FL in a 4-3 MTM defense. That leaves only the SS on the strong side of the formation to cover the TE. Correct? Lastly, with all things being equal, when an opponent goes to a TRIPS formation in order to overload that side of the field with 3 receivers, I assume the intent is to force MTM coverage by the defense...these three receivers would "overload" a zone defense and have a greater opportunity of success versus MTM. True? Lastly, could the option to double team an opponent's receivers be consider in future updates?

Arlie- While in a nickel defense, the nickel back is shown lined up on the TE side of the offensive formation closer to the TE than the SS which is playing "back". With no blitzing, is it the nickel back's responsibility to cover the TE vs. the SS in this package? You mentioned in this post that the PCB always cover's the opponent's best receiver. Looks like the SE is always the best receiver on a team, so I've always "assumed" my PCB takes the SE while my SCB gets the FL and SS covers the TE in a 4-3 defense with MTM and no blitzing. Correct? When the offensive is in TRIPS formation where the SE, FL, and WR3 are all on the left (weak side of the formation), I assume the SCB rotates over to that side of the field to cover the FL in a 4-3 MTM defense. That leaves only the SS on the strong side of the formation to cover the TE. Correct? Lastly, with all things being equal, when an opponent goes to a TRIPS formation in order to overload that side of the field with 3 receivers, I assume the intent is to force MTM coverage by the defense...these three receivers would "overload" a zone defense and have a greater opportunity of success versus MTM. True? Lastly, could the option to double team an opponent's receivers be consider in future updates?

[QUOTE=Miral;156725]So then in a 4-3 against I formation, who do the OLB's cover? :)[/QUOTE] Again, a lot depends on the individual play, but here's the general rule of thumb for man coverage (DB can be nickel or dime): WR1: PCB WR2: SCB WR3: DB, FS WR4: DB, FS, SS TE: DB, SS, FS, SLB RB: DB, MLB, FS, WLB FB: DB, WLB, FS There are differences, but this will give you an idea of order of preference for coverage.

[QUOTE=Miral;156725]So then in a 4-3 against I formation, who do the OLB's cover? :)[/QUOTE] Again, a lot depends on the individual play, but here's the general rule of thumb for man coverage (DB can be nickel or dime): WR1: PCB WR2: SCB WR3: DB, FS WR4: DB, FS, SS TE: DB, SS, FS, SLB RB: DB, MLB, FS, WLB FB: DB, WLB, FS There are differences, but this will give you an idea of order of preference for coverage.

Arlie provided the following info a while back regarding the order of attribute importance for COVER CB's and ZONE CB's: MTM-COVER CB: 1. coverage 2. speed 3. agility 4. accel 5. instincts 6. jumping ZONE CB: 1. coverage 2. agility 3. instincts 4. speed 5. accel 6. jumping Don't have any info on PRESS CBs.

Arlie provided the following info a while back regarding the order of attribute importance for COVER CB's and ZONE CB's: MTM-COVER CB: 1. coverage 2. speed 3. agility 4. accel 5. instincts 6. jumping ZONE CB: 1. coverage 2. agility 3. instincts 4. speed 5. accel 6. jumping Don't have any info on PRESS CBs.

Archived