Which Game?

Hello all. I’m after a bit of help. Having watched the film Coach Carter last night, I have become interested a bit more in basketball & fancy purchasing one of the games available here. I just wanted to know which one is the better of the two - the pro version of the college one? Also, are there files / updates available for both so that the games have real team names & logos? (I’ve probably missed these in the Mods section, so apologies in advance.) I’m also interested in the TEW game, but found the demo a little slow paced. Is it any better in the full game? Regards, Graham.

Which basketball game to purchase is really a choice of which game you want to play college with its recruiting or pro with contracts and a draft, the college game does allow transfer of draft classes to the pro basketball game. You might want to also cruise over to [url]www.wolverinestudios.com[/url] and see what Gary is developing as a new pro basketball game. Also check the mod forums you should find links to real name and logo file links.

Which basketball game to purchase is really a choice of which game you want to play college with its recruiting or pro with contracts and a draft, the college game does allow transfer of draft classes to the pro basketball game. You might want to also cruise over to [url]www.wolverinestudios.com[/url] and see what Gary is developing as a new pro basketball game. Also check the mod forums you should find links to real name and logo file links.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;156255]Depends what you mean by slow paced. Do you mean the loading times, or just that it's not an instant-gratification arcade game?[/QUOTE] i played the demo & it seemed to take a long tmie to get shows arranged, then the fans hated the ones i put out there! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;156255]Depends what you mean by slow paced. Do you mean the loading times, or just that it's not an instant-gratification arcade game?[/QUOTE] i played the demo & it seemed to take a long tmie to get shows arranged, then the fans hated the ones i put out there! :rolleyes:

The TEW is a bit slow paced... but that's kind of how it's supposed to be. The time it takes to lay out a show depends on the size and type of you company. If you are doing a small pure comany you'll only have a handful of workers and only need to do matches and not have any stories so it can take maybe 10 minutes to book the whole show. If you play a promotion with a large roster that uses a sports entertainment style to please it's fans (like WWE or in the world the game is set SWF) then it takes a considerably longer ammount of time to book a show because you have a lot of angles to break up between the matches and you have to have stories that continue from week to week. Some peopel can play these stories by ear and some people will write out a guideline that spans months before hand. After thst there are all the idiosyncracies (sp?) of the game that makes booking your first few shows a real learning experience. If you go to the baords for the game you'll see that peopel have laid out some good guidelines on how to put ona good show for each type of promotion but all in all it's a real thinking game.

The TEW is a bit slow paced... but that's kind of how it's supposed to be. The time it takes to lay out a show depends on the size and type of you company. If you are doing a small pure comany you'll only have a handful of workers and only need to do matches and not have any stories so it can take maybe 10 minutes to book the whole show. If you play a promotion with a large roster that uses a sports entertainment style to please it's fans (like WWE or in the world the game is set SWF) then it takes a considerably longer ammount of time to book a show because you have a lot of angles to break up between the matches and you have to have stories that continue from week to week. Some peopel can play these stories by ear and some people will write out a guideline that spans months before hand. After thst there are all the idiosyncracies (sp?) of the game that makes booking your first few shows a real learning experience. If you go to the baords for the game you'll see that peopel have laid out some good guidelines on how to put ona good show for each type of promotion but all in all it's a real thinking game.

Well the success of the shows would be down to your experience as a user, you're not likely to be hitting great shows on your first go. The pacing of the game is intentional; it's major selling point is that it has an extremely deep level of detail and requires thought and strategy, which is why it has such long-lasting appeal. You have to be willing to put in the effort to get the reward though.

Well the success of the shows would be down to your experience as a user, you're not likely to be hitting great shows on your first go. The pacing of the game is intentional; it's major selling point is that it has an extremely deep level of detail and requires thought and strategy, which is why it has such long-lasting appeal. You have to be willing to put in the effort to get the reward though.

if TEW is a bit "slow paced" for you try [URL="http://promwars.valuehost.co.uk/"]Promotion Wars[/URL]. It's just basic match booking and simple promotion running. Personally I've always loved Adam's EWR better, and am really excited for the new TEW. But sometimes I feel like playing a more "no brainer" sim so I load up Prom Wars. As for Basketball, if you are a big basketball fan get both TCB and TPB. Play them simultanously and you can import your NCAA draft classes in TCB into the NBA in TPD. Or you could just wait for the new bball sims to be released...

if TEW is a bit "slow paced" for you try [URL="http://promwars.valuehost.co.uk/"]Promotion Wars[/URL]. It's just basic match booking and simple promotion running. Personally I've always loved Adam's EWR better, and am really excited for the new TEW. But sometimes I feel like playing a more "no brainer" sim so I load up Prom Wars. As for Basketball, if you are a big basketball fan get both TCB and TPB. Play them simultanously and you can import your NCAA draft classes in TCB into the NBA in TPD. Or you could just wait for the new bball sims to be released...

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;157021]That link you made, actually has you downloading the game, and if you don't have a product key, it gives you alot of trouble. DO you have a link that goes directly to their sight without an added download?[/QUOTE] ??? It just goes to the homepage for me. Also, I don't know what you mean - there is no product key for Promotion Wars, it is freeware. Try this [url]http://promwars.co.uk/[/url]

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;157021]That link you made, actually has you downloading the game, and if you don't have a product key, it gives you alot of trouble. DO you have a link that goes directly to their sight without an added download?[/QUOTE] ??? It just goes to the homepage for me. Also, I don't know what you mean - there is no product key for Promotion Wars, it is freeware. Try this [url]http://promwars.co.uk/[/url]

Archived