JXG - The Emergence of a New Promotion

[B]Nemesis[/B] vs. Art Reed I like Reed but Nemesis is the top star here. Teddy Powell vs. [B]Champagne Lover[/B] Beating Powell will give Lover the overness boost he needs. Rolling Johnny Stones vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] Stones is a good worker but Morgan is a bit better and a bit more over and should take the win. Mean Jean Cattley vs. [B]Frankie Perez[/B] I can see you might be favoring Cattley but I like Perez better Insane Machine vs. [B]American Elemental[/B] American Elemental all the way Lee Wright vs. [B]Steve Flash[/B] Steve Flash future champ [B]Black Eagle[/B] vs. Jacob Jett This is a tough choice but I built my first fed in TEW 2004 off the backs of Black Eagle and American Elemental [B]Phenomenal E & Spanish Superfly[/B] vs. Joey Beauchamp & Fumihiro Ota Not overly impressed by anyone here at least not as a team, Joey Beauchamp can go far as a singles competitor so he should lose this to move on maybe fight Ota

[B]Nemesis[/B] vs. Art Reed I like Reed but Nemesis is the top star here. Teddy Powell vs. [B]Champagne Lover[/B] Beating Powell will give Lover the overness boost he needs. Rolling Johnny Stones vs. [B]JD Morgan[/B] Stones is a good worker but Morgan is a bit better and a bit more over and should take the win. Mean Jean Cattley vs. [B]Frankie Perez[/B] I can see you might be favoring Cattley but I like Perez better Insane Machine vs. [B]American Elemental[/B] American Elemental all the way Lee Wright vs. [B]Steve Flash[/B] Steve Flash future champ [B]Black Eagle[/B] vs. Jacob Jett This is a tough choice but I built my first fed in TEW 2004 off the backs of Black Eagle and American Elemental [B]Phenomenal E & Spanish Superfly[/B] vs. Joey Beauchamp & Fumihiro Ota Not overly impressed by anyone here at least not as a team, Joey Beauchamp can go far as a singles competitor so he should lose this to move on maybe fight Ota

Show results: [b]Pre-Show: Steve Flash vs. Lee Wright[/b] A clash of styles was the story of the match here. Wright kept trying to force a brawl to keep with his strengths, while Flash would use his technical skills to keep Wright off balance. Eventually Flash won out, countering a charge by Wright with a Flash Bang. Flash won in 8:18 with a Flash Bang. C+ Official first match [b]Black Eagle vs. Jacob Jett[/b] Eagle controlled a decent majority of this match, taking the opportunity to show off his high flying and technical skills. Eagle picked up the pin by introducing the JXG fans to his finisher, the New Jersey Turnpike. Black Eagle defeated Jacob Jett in 23:25 by pinfall with a New Jersey Turnpike. C- Fumihiro Ota and Joey Beauchamp come out for their match against the debuting Phenomenal E. and Spanish Superfly. Ota takes a microphone and enters the ring as Beauchamp climbs a turnbuckle and taunts the crowd. Ota: "For two years I risked my life in TCW to make you happy. Instead, did I get noticed? No! BJ Shearer, Demon Anger, Jim Force... these are the people I'm forced to lose to because of pressure from the back. And then I'm fired, and what happens? I end up working in front of fat nerds like you." Beauchamp takes the microphone from his partner and continues the rant. "So here we are, two of the best workers in the world, ready to take over JXG. And then we find out that we're supposed to take on two punks who have never worked in the States before. Nuh-uh, ain't happening. What we're going to do is kick their asses and send them back home, because their being here.. that's not cool. And I know cool, because I am cool. I am... 'The Breeze.'" At that, a mariachi tune starts to play, bringing out Spanish Superfly and Phenomenal E. The segment wasn't very good to begin with, and this crowd really turned against it. This segment brought the crowd's mood down. C [b]Phenomenal E. and Spanish Superfly vs. Fumihiro Ota and Joey Beauchamp[/b] A very competitive battle between four hungry and young athletes. Ota and Beauchamp didn't appear to communiate very well, leading to Beauchamp accidentally hitting Ota. After tossing Ota from the ring, Superfly picked up the win with a Spanish Superfly Splash off Phenomenal E's shoulders. Phenomenal E. and Spanish Superfly defeated Fumihiro Ota and Joey Beauchamp in 12:45 when Spanish Superfly defeated Joey Beauchamp by pinfall. C After Ota and Beauchamp walk to the back, [b]Nemesis[/b] appears at the top of the ramp with a microphone, sans entrance music. "For years, I've been one of the best wrestlers in the United States. You can boo if you want, but it's damn true. SWF, TCW, DAVE, it hasn't mattered. But here, in a damn bingo hall, I get beat by Bryan Holmes. I'm not saying Holmes isn't good, but you have to admit... he's no Nemesis. So he got lucky last month. And this month, I can't even get revenge because he runs away with an exclusive contract. So I have to settle for the next best thing - beating the crap out of his friend. Art Reed, your friendship with a coward will cause you pain. Tonight, I end your JXG career." Nemesis throws the mike down and walks back behind the curtain. B [b]Frankie Perez vs. Mean Jean Cattley[/b] This match featured Mean Jean nearly constantly cheating to set up some submissions for the purpose of keeping the advantage, while Perez pushed his martial arts kicks. Mean Jean got to the ropes in the P-Clutch, but Perez had his opponent weakened enough to hit the rarely seen Perfect Parity for a three count. Frankie Perez defeated Mean Jean Cattley in 20:33 by pinfall with a Perfect Parity. C A rock version of "Stars and Stripes Forever" begins to play as American Elemental comes out. He enters the ring with and is given the house microphone by Rock Downpour. "Ladies and gentlemen, before my match, I'd like to introduce to all of you my new manager. I know she'll be able to guide me to the top of the JXG - please welcome Jennifer Heat!" She struts down to the ring and joins Elemental in the ring, to a rather quiet reaction. Such a weak segment really bombed with the crowd. This segment brought the crowd's mood down. Jennifer Heat is developing better performance skills. F [b]JD Morgan vs. Rolling Johnny Stones[/b] A story of youth vs. experience here. Morgan takes the match with a Texas Cloverleaf that is made more painful by use of the ropes for leverage. After the bell, Morgan rolls out of the ring and heads for the back before the ref can figure out what just happened. JD Morgan defeated Rolling Johnny Stones in 23:38 by submission. C+ [b]American Elemental vs. Insane Machine[/b] Fast paced match between the two cruiserweights. Elemental picked up the victory with a shooting star press off the top rope. American Elemental defeated Insane Machine in 21:19 by pinfall. C [b]Champagne Lover vs. Teddy Powell[/b] Longest match of the night and it just happens that the participants can't work together. Wonderful. Despite that, their collective talent allowed them to put together a solid match. Lover distracts the ref long enough to get a low blow on Powell, allowing Lover to get the victory via Champagne Breakfast. Champagne Lover defeated Teddy Powell in 34:26 by submission after blatantly cheating. Champagne Lover and Teddy Powell just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. C After the match, Lover stomped Powell into a puddle in the mat. Lee Wright had to come out to help break the brawl up. Such a weak segment really bombed with the crowd. This segment brought the crowd's mood down. E Backstage, Reed is warming up. Spotting the cameraman, he takes the opportunity to hype his upcoming match. "Nemesis, my time is now. For years I've been overlooked, but I've been slowly proving all my doubters wrong. You can run your mouth all you want, but tonight, this all ends and my legacy continues to rise." The crowd got pretty restless during this, though it wasn't too bad. C [b]Art Reed vs. Nemesis[/b] Nemesis started fast, pummeling Reed over in the corner. Nemesis allowed Reed some advantages due to his own overzealousness, though. This would be his downfall, as Reed leapfrogged a charging Nemesis, allowing the big man to run chest first into the corner and giving Reed a chance to hit the Art Attack. A three count later, Reed was the winner and Nemesis was sitting in the ring with a groggy and stunned look on his face. Reed stood victorious on the ramp to end the show. Art Reed defeated Nemesis in 14:42 by pinfall with an Art Attack. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Unfortunately, this match had to contend with a restless crowd. B After the show, Wright let me know that Beauchamp was slightly overused, Elemental was somewhat overused and we need to use more than 11 minutes on a three-hour show for angles. 950 people attended a show that received an overall C rating. === Congratulations to Apupunchau for predicting all the results correctly!

Show results: [b]Pre-Show: Steve Flash vs. Lee Wright[/b] A clash of styles was the story of the match here. Wright kept trying to force a brawl to keep with his strengths, while Flash would use his technical skills to keep Wright off balance. Eventually Flash won out, countering a charge by Wright with a Flash Bang. Flash won in 8:18 with a Flash Bang. C+ Official first match [b]Black Eagle vs. Jacob Jett[/b] Eagle controlled a decent majority of this match, taking the opportunity to show off his high flying and technical skills. Eagle picked up the pin by introducing the JXG fans to his finisher, the New Jersey Turnpike. Black Eagle defeated Jacob Jett in 23:25 by pinfall with a New Jersey Turnpike. C- Fumihiro Ota and Joey Beauchamp come out for their match against the debuting Phenomenal E. and Spanish Superfly. Ota takes a microphone and enters the ring as Beauchamp climbs a turnbuckle and taunts the crowd. Ota: "For two years I risked my life in TCW to make you happy. Instead, did I get noticed? No! BJ Shearer, Demon Anger, Jim Force... these are the people I'm forced to lose to because of pressure from the back. And then I'm fired, and what happens? I end up working in front of fat nerds like you." Beauchamp takes the microphone from his partner and continues the rant. "So here we are, two of the best workers in the world, ready to take over JXG. And then we find out that we're supposed to take on two punks who have never worked in the States before. Nuh-uh, ain't happening. What we're going to do is kick their asses and send them back home, because their being here.. that's not cool. And I know cool, because I am cool. I am... 'The Breeze.'" At that, a mariachi tune starts to play, bringing out Spanish Superfly and Phenomenal E. The segment wasn't very good to begin with, and this crowd really turned against it. This segment brought the crowd's mood down. C [b]Phenomenal E. and Spanish Superfly vs. Fumihiro Ota and Joey Beauchamp[/b] A very competitive battle between four hungry and young athletes. Ota and Beauchamp didn't appear to communiate very well, leading to Beauchamp accidentally hitting Ota. After tossing Ota from the ring, Superfly picked up the win with a Spanish Superfly Splash off Phenomenal E's shoulders. Phenomenal E. and Spanish Superfly defeated Fumihiro Ota and Joey Beauchamp in 12:45 when Spanish Superfly defeated Joey Beauchamp by pinfall. C After Ota and Beauchamp walk to the back, [b]Nemesis[/b] appears at the top of the ramp with a microphone, sans entrance music. "For years, I've been one of the best wrestlers in the United States. You can boo if you want, but it's damn true. SWF, TCW, DAVE, it hasn't mattered. But here, in a damn bingo hall, I get beat by Bryan Holmes. I'm not saying Holmes isn't good, but you have to admit... he's no Nemesis. So he got lucky last month. And this month, I can't even get revenge because he runs away with an exclusive contract. So I have to settle for the next best thing - beating the crap out of his friend. Art Reed, your friendship with a coward will cause you pain. Tonight, I end your JXG career." Nemesis throws the mike down and walks back behind the curtain. B [b]Frankie Perez vs. Mean Jean Cattley[/b] This match featured Mean Jean nearly constantly cheating to set up some submissions for the purpose of keeping the advantage, while Perez pushed his martial arts kicks. Mean Jean got to the ropes in the P-Clutch, but Perez had his opponent weakened enough to hit the rarely seen Perfect Parity for a three count. Frankie Perez defeated Mean Jean Cattley in 20:33 by pinfall with a Perfect Parity. C A rock version of "Stars and Stripes Forever" begins to play as American Elemental comes out. He enters the ring with and is given the house microphone by Rock Downpour. "Ladies and gentlemen, before my match, I'd like to introduce to all of you my new manager. I know she'll be able to guide me to the top of the JXG - please welcome Jennifer Heat!" She struts down to the ring and joins Elemental in the ring, to a rather quiet reaction. Such a weak segment really bombed with the crowd. This segment brought the crowd's mood down. Jennifer Heat is developing better performance skills. F [b]JD Morgan vs. Rolling Johnny Stones[/b] A story of youth vs. experience here. Morgan takes the match with a Texas Cloverleaf that is made more painful by use of the ropes for leverage. After the bell, Morgan rolls out of the ring and heads for the back before the ref can figure out what just happened. JD Morgan defeated Rolling Johnny Stones in 23:38 by submission. C+ [b]American Elemental vs. Insane Machine[/b] Fast paced match between the two cruiserweights. Elemental picked up the victory with a shooting star press off the top rope. American Elemental defeated Insane Machine in 21:19 by pinfall. C [b]Champagne Lover vs. Teddy Powell[/b] Longest match of the night and it just happens that the participants can't work together. Wonderful. Despite that, their collective talent allowed them to put together a solid match. Lover distracts the ref long enough to get a low blow on Powell, allowing Lover to get the victory via Champagne Breakfast. Champagne Lover defeated Teddy Powell in 34:26 by submission after blatantly cheating. Champagne Lover and Teddy Powell just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. The colour commentary gave the match a boost. C After the match, Lover stomped Powell into a puddle in the mat. Lee Wright had to come out to help break the brawl up. Such a weak segment really bombed with the crowd. This segment brought the crowd's mood down. E Backstage, Reed is warming up. Spotting the cameraman, he takes the opportunity to hype his upcoming match. "Nemesis, my time is now. For years I've been overlooked, but I've been slowly proving all my doubters wrong. You can run your mouth all you want, but tonight, this all ends and my legacy continues to rise." The crowd got pretty restless during this, though it wasn't too bad. C [b]Art Reed vs. Nemesis[/b] Nemesis started fast, pummeling Reed over in the corner. Nemesis allowed Reed some advantages due to his own overzealousness, though. This would be his downfall, as Reed leapfrogged a charging Nemesis, allowing the big man to run chest first into the corner and giving Reed a chance to hit the Art Attack. A three count later, Reed was the winner and Nemesis was sitting in the ring with a groggy and stunned look on his face. Reed stood victorious on the ramp to end the show. Art Reed defeated Nemesis in 14:42 by pinfall with an Art Attack. The announcing quality wasn't up to the same standard as the match. Unfortunately, this match had to contend with a restless crowd. B After the show, Wright let me know that Beauchamp was slightly overused, Elemental was somewhat overused and we need to use more than 11 minutes on a three-hour show for angles. 950 people attended a show that received an overall C rating. === Congratulations to Apupunchau for predicting all the results correctly!

[Quote=JXG Newswire] Dateline: 03/09/06 *JXG would like to congratulate Frankie Perez and Fumihiro Ota on their signings with DAVE. Their contracts allow them to continue to work with JXG, so expect to see them on future shows! *[i]JXG King of the Independents[/i] is scheduled for March 19th in Dayton, Ohio and it will be a great show. Sixteen promotions will be represented by some of their best workers in an event scheduled to prove who the true King of the Independents is. The winner will gain instant credibility and will appear at future JXG events. The list of workers and the promotion they are representing are: Danny Patterson, 21st Century Wrestling Jacob Jett, Canadian Charisma Championship Combat Nate Johnson, Canadian Golden Combat Frankie Perez, Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling Jimmy Cox, Golden Combat Grappling American Elemental, Jackson Extreme Group Joss Thompson, Men of Steel Combat Spanish Superfly, Mexico Premier Wrestling Federation Mean Jean Cattley, Mid Atlantic Wrestling Steve Flash, New York City Wrestling Rafael Ruiz, Original Lucha Libre in Extreme Rolling Johnny Stones, Ring of Fire Champagne Lover, South of the Border Pro Wrestling Joey Beauchamp, Ultimate Combat Ring Tribal Warrior, United States Pro Wrestling Insane Machine, World Level Wrestling *The first round of the tournament will feature eight one-on-one match-ups with a ten minute time limit. The winners will advance in the following bracket: Spanish Superfly vs. Insane Machine Nate Johnson vs. Steve Flash Jimmy Cox vs. Rafael Ruiz Joss Thompson vs. Jacob Jett Frankie Perez vs. Mean Jean Cattley Danny Patterson vs. Rolling Johnny Stones Joey Beauchamp vs. Tribal Warrior American Elemental vs. Champagne Lover *Nate Johnson sprained his wrist in a match last night for CGC. However, he will work through the injury and will still appear at King of the Independents. *Nemesis is so angry over his losses in his two JXG matches, he is refusing to attend [i]JXG King of the Independents[/i] or even speak with owner Frank Jackson. We'll get you more information on this situation as it develops. *[i]JXG King of the Independents[/i] will also feature a special attraction tag match between four of DAVE's best workers. Art Reed will team with Teddy Powell to take on the pair of Fumihiro Ota and JD Morgan. [/quote] === As always, predictions or comments are welcome!

[Quote=JXG Newswire] Dateline: 03/09/06 *JXG would like to congratulate Frankie Perez and Fumihiro Ota on their signings with DAVE. Their contracts allow them to continue to work with JXG, so expect to see them on future shows! *[i]JXG King of the Independents[/i] is scheduled for March 19th in Dayton, Ohio and it will be a great show. Sixteen promotions will be represented by some of their best workers in an event scheduled to prove who the true King of the Independents is. The winner will gain instant credibility and will appear at future JXG events. The list of workers and the promotion they are representing are: Danny Patterson, 21st Century Wrestling Jacob Jett, Canadian Charisma Championship Combat Nate Johnson, Canadian Golden Combat Frankie Perez, Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling Jimmy Cox, Golden Combat Grappling American Elemental, Jackson Extreme Group Joss Thompson, Men of Steel Combat Spanish Superfly, Mexico Premier Wrestling Federation Mean Jean Cattley, Mid Atlantic Wrestling Steve Flash, New York City Wrestling Rafael Ruiz, Original Lucha Libre in Extreme Rolling Johnny Stones, Ring of Fire Champagne Lover, South of the Border Pro Wrestling Joey Beauchamp, Ultimate Combat Ring Tribal Warrior, United States Pro Wrestling Insane Machine, World Level Wrestling *The first round of the tournament will feature eight one-on-one match-ups with a ten minute time limit. The winners will advance in the following bracket: Spanish Superfly vs. Insane Machine Nate Johnson vs. Steve Flash Jimmy Cox vs. Rafael Ruiz Joss Thompson vs. Jacob Jett Frankie Perez vs. Mean Jean Cattley Danny Patterson vs. Rolling Johnny Stones Joey Beauchamp vs. Tribal Warrior American Elemental vs. Champagne Lover *Nate Johnson sprained his wrist in a match last night for CGC. However, he will work through the injury and will still appear at King of the Independents. *Nemesis is so angry over his losses in his two JXG matches, he is refusing to attend [i]JXG King of the Independents[/i] or even speak with owner Frank Jackson. We'll get you more information on this situation as it develops. *[i]JXG King of the Independents[/i] will also feature a special attraction tag match between four of DAVE's best workers. Art Reed will team with Teddy Powell to take on the pair of Fumihiro Ota and JD Morgan. [/quote] === As always, predictions or comments are welcome!

Archived