Scholarship Question ?

I just finished a season where I over-acheived finishing 7-6 with UAB (won east and lost in the Conf USA champ game, also lost bowl game) I did fairly well recruiting (as far as the ones I was able to sign) I had 14 scholarships and signed 9 players (4 of these are 3.0 stars) Not bad for UAB with 40 prestige competing in an area flooded by SEC signings. My question is, I have 5 scholarships remaining. What do I do with them, or what happens to them? Do they roll over? If not, can I offer to players on my team not under scholarship? Also, I noticed after all the recruiting was over and before proceeding through training completion, I can still review recruits not signed. There are approx 15-20 3.0 star or higher recruits not signed. Why and what happens to them? They all have high test scores and GPA so they are not in eligibility trouble.

Good question as I have been wondering about that myself. Generally I don't have more than one or two left over and I was wondering about non used scollies myself. I have had many if any at all walkons that I would use a schollie on, which is something maybe down the road Arlie can add to the next BBCF game.

Good question as I have been wondering about that myself. Generally I don't have more than one or two left over and I was wondering about non used scollies myself. I have had many if any at all walkons that I would use a schollie on, which is something maybe down the road Arlie can add to the next BBCF game.

Unused scholarships will either go to players on your list (but you didn't offer) in the final week that go unsigned. Or, they will simply rollover. If, at any point in time, you end up with a player you don't want on scholarship, you can simply cut them in camp and get that scholarship back. [quote]Also, I noticed after all the recruiting was over and before proceeding through training completion, I can still review recruits not signed. There are approx 15-20 3.0 star or higher recruits not signed. Why and what happens to them? They all have high test scores and GPA so they are not in eligibility trouble.[/quote] This is an update I made in 1.1. Players that are decent players but not given offers, will ultimately end up going to a DI-AA, D-II or other smaller school on scholarship. After talking with a lot of people, it made sense that these players would not simply walkon to a D-I school when a scholarship (and PT) would be available at the I-AA or lower ranks. So, since BBCF does not currently model I-AA or lower, it appears that they simply disappear. But, in theory, they would be moving to a lower division of college football on scholarship.

Unused scholarships will either go to players on your list (but you didn't offer) in the final week that go unsigned. Or, they will simply rollover. If, at any point in time, you end up with a player you don't want on scholarship, you can simply cut them in camp and get that scholarship back. [quote]Also, I noticed after all the recruiting was over and before proceeding through training completion, I can still review recruits not signed. There are approx 15-20 3.0 star or higher recruits not signed. Why and what happens to them? They all have high test scores and GPA so they are not in eligibility trouble.[/quote] This is an update I made in 1.1. Players that are decent players but not given offers, will ultimately end up going to a DI-AA, D-II or other smaller school on scholarship. After talking with a lot of people, it made sense that these players would not simply walkon to a D-I school when a scholarship (and PT) would be available at the I-AA or lower ranks. So, since BBCF does not currently model I-AA or lower, it appears that they simply disappear. But, in theory, they would be moving to a lower division of college football on scholarship.

Archived