Front Office Football 2007 Announced

SkyDog

[quote=Solecismic Software]Solecismic Software is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Front Office Football 2007, the sixth edition of the award-winning professional football management simulation. Front Office Football 2007 adds dozens of new features to the popular career management game, designed to bring as much information about your simulated football universe as possible to your fingertips. New features include an expanded play-by-play description format and Solevision, which provides you with up to 16 channels of text-based play-by-play, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the recap of each week's contests. Every player is now tracked in 135 individual season and playoff statistical categories, including Red Zone and Third Down situations. The stastics module now tracks 182 team and league statistics. The game-planning module was redesigned to give you much more control over your offense, defense and even special teams. For more information about Front Office Football 2007, please visit [url]http://www.FrontOfficeGames.com[/url]. The new game will go on sale Friday, October 27. A demonstration version of the product, which allows you to play up through the second week of the 2006 regular season, is now available. Solecismic Software is an entertainment software company dedicated to producing cutting-edge career-play football simulations. Founded in 1998 by Jim Gindin, it has released seven football management games in nine years. [/quote] [url]http://fof.sportplanet.gamespy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53695[/url]

[QUOTE=Outlawjc;156645]that is real football, that crap you play over there is soccer, in Mexico it is Futbol. Now if you want a real game play Ruby.[/QUOTE] Sorry, Outlaw. I'm as red, white and blue as the next guy and I love my pigskin too. But that argument is 180 degrees bass ackwards. If anybody's "crap" (to use your phrase) deserves to be mocked for using the name "football", it's ours. Soccer, footie, or whatever you want to call it was already "football" when Amos Alonzo Stagg came along. It's kinda like the panda people vs Vince McMahon. To paraphase Ric Flair, we Americans may like or not like it. But we have to learn to love it because that's just fact, baby.

[QUOTE=Outlawjc;156645]that is real football, that crap you play over there is soccer, in Mexico it is Futbol. Now if you want a real game play Ruby.[/QUOTE] Sorry, Outlaw. I'm as red, white and blue as the next guy and I love my pigskin too. But that argument is 180 degrees bass ackwards. If anybody's "crap" (to use your phrase) deserves to be mocked for using the name "football", it's ours. Soccer, footie, or whatever you want to call it was already "football" when Amos Alonzo Stagg came along. It's kinda like the panda people vs Vince McMahon. To paraphase Ric Flair, we Americans may like or not like it. But we have to learn to love it because that's just fact, baby.

Football (Soccer) and "Football" (American Football) are completely different games. It's like apples and Snapple. You can't compare them because they are different, even though they can sort-of be put into the same category and sound the same. (Weird analogy, I know...) To me, American Football is a heck of a lot more interesting and fun to watch/play than Original Football and involves more position related skills and tons of ways to score. However, the Original version involves more general skill and precision and is followed by many more people. My Point: I love Snapple! :D Now, to keep this on-topic, I've been waiting for a more recent Football Management Sim and will definately check this out!

Football (Soccer) and "Football" (American Football) are completely different games. It's like apples and Snapple. You can't compare them because they are different, even though they can sort-of be put into the same category and sound the same. (Weird analogy, I know...) To me, American Football is a heck of a lot more interesting and fun to watch/play than Original Football and involves more position related skills and tons of ways to score. However, the Original version involves more general skill and precision and is followed by many more people. My Point: I love Snapple! :D Now, to keep this on-topic, I've been waiting for a more recent Football Management Sim and will definately check this out!

[QUOTE=cappyboy;156669]Sorry, Outlaw. I'm as red, white and blue as the next guy and I love my pigskin too. But that argument is 180 degrees bass ackwards. If anybody's "crap" (to use your phrase) deserves to be mocked for using the name "football", it's ours. Soccer, footie, or whatever you want to call it was already "football" when Amos Alonzo Stagg came along. It's kinda like the panda people vs Vince McMahon. To paraphase Ric Flair, we Americans may like or not like it. But we have to learn to love it because that's just fact, baby.[/QUOTE] God, not this again. Look, for people who like to have their intense strategy with a side of extreme violence, American football is better. For people who like their strategy with a pacifistic slant (or no violence whatsoever, within the rules), "football" is better. One makes insane amounts of money for its hierarchy, the other is followed by billions of people. Neither is conclusively better than the other. American football makes more money, "football" has more fans. Push. On topic, FOF07 is good, very good. Took me a while to get reacquainted with the interface (I was too used to Grey Dog's basic format) but after that, it was on!

[QUOTE=cappyboy;156669]Sorry, Outlaw. I'm as red, white and blue as the next guy and I love my pigskin too. But that argument is 180 degrees bass ackwards. If anybody's "crap" (to use your phrase) deserves to be mocked for using the name "football", it's ours. Soccer, footie, or whatever you want to call it was already "football" when Amos Alonzo Stagg came along. It's kinda like the panda people vs Vince McMahon. To paraphase Ric Flair, we Americans may like or not like it. But we have to learn to love it because that's just fact, baby.[/QUOTE] God, not this again. Look, for people who like to have their intense strategy with a side of extreme violence, American football is better. For people who like their strategy with a pacifistic slant (or no violence whatsoever, within the rules), "football" is better. One makes insane amounts of money for its hierarchy, the other is followed by billions of people. Neither is conclusively better than the other. American football makes more money, "football" has more fans. Push. On topic, FOF07 is good, very good. Took me a while to get reacquainted with the interface (I was too used to Grey Dog's basic format) but after that, it was on!

[QUOTE=Remianen;157134]God, not this again. Look, for people who like to have their intense strategy with a side of extreme violence, American football is better. For people who like their strategy with a pacifistic slant (or no violence whatsoever, within the rules), "football" is better. One makes insane amounts of money for its hierarchy, the other is followed by billions of people. Neither is conclusively better than the other. American football makes more money, "football" has more fans. Push. On topic, FOF07 is good, very good. Took me a while to get reacquainted with the interface (I was too used to Grey Dog's basic format) but after that, it was on![/QUOTE] Dude, I won't want to sound like I'm flaming here. But I would thank you not to go putting words in my mouth. I watch both forms of football. I support team in both forms of football (Cleveland Browns, DC United). I've been known to watch both on the same day in succession. My only point is we Americans need to quit acting like our gridiron football is is monolithic "REAL" football when soccer has existed longer and had the "football" name first. Call me crazy. But as an American, I love my country too much to see us make fools of ourselves this way. Now, back on topic, I'm very curious to see what the good word is on Front Office. I've been watching out for something that can supplant Total Pro Football on my hard drive ever since .400 went by the boards. The franchise has a rep so that's definitely a plus. Now it's just a matter of can the new version live up to the pedigree.

[QUOTE=Remianen;157134]God, not this again. Look, for people who like to have their intense strategy with a side of extreme violence, American football is better. For people who like their strategy with a pacifistic slant (or no violence whatsoever, within the rules), "football" is better. One makes insane amounts of money for its hierarchy, the other is followed by billions of people. Neither is conclusively better than the other. American football makes more money, "football" has more fans. Push. On topic, FOF07 is good, very good. Took me a while to get reacquainted with the interface (I was too used to Grey Dog's basic format) but after that, it was on![/QUOTE] Dude, I won't want to sound like I'm flaming here. But I would thank you not to go putting words in my mouth. I watch both forms of football. I support team in both forms of football (Cleveland Browns, DC United). I've been known to watch both on the same day in succession. My only point is we Americans need to quit acting like our gridiron football is is monolithic "REAL" football when soccer has existed longer and had the "football" name first. Call me crazy. But as an American, I love my country too much to see us make fools of ourselves this way. Now, back on topic, I'm very curious to see what the good word is on Front Office. I've been watching out for something that can supplant Total Pro Football on my hard drive ever since .400 went by the boards. The franchise has a rep so that's definitely a plus. Now it's just a matter of can the new version live up to the pedigree.

• 1 month later...

Archived