Out of the Frying Pan, and into the Extreme

[B]November 1st 2005[/B] We walked in the conference room at SWF Towers to meet Mr Eisen for our monthly creative meeting. By we, I mean the entire booking team and the road agents. Sam Keith was my direct boss, he was the head booker of the SWF. I was one of the other four bookers, alongside Chief Two Eagles, Peter Michaels and Jerry Eisen. Normally these meetings were a mere formality, with Sam presenting our plans for the next few weeks, and Mr Eisen merely nodding in approval or suggesting minor tweeks, but today seemed different, he seemed more argumentative. Every suggestion we made was not quite good enough, he even disapproved of where we were headed with the Runaway Train / Steve Frehley feud, which had been his idea in the first place! [COLOR="Lime"]"So what is Eric going to be doing this month?"[/COLOR] Mr Eisen asked. [COLOR="Red"]"Well Mr Eisen, we have got a plan for him, but it involves him facing Chris next week."[/COLOR] said Sam. [COLOR="Lime"]"You want Eric to face the fish man?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"A Lobster is a crustacean, Mr Eisen."[/COLOR] I said, and immediately regretted being a smart a*se to the boss. [COLOR="Lime"]"Whatever. So how does beating Lobster Warrior do anything for Eric? He's beaten far more popular wrestlers already."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"Well actually, Eric is going to put Warrior over, Mr Eisen"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]"Don't be stupid. I'm not having my son made to look a fool by losing to fish man. Whose ridiculous idea is this?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Errm, its mine Mr Eisen."[/COLOR] I said. [COLOR="blue"]"But there is a very good reason for...."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]"I don't want to hear it."[/COLOR] he snaps. [COLOR="lime"]"If you really think I'm going to let you make a fool out of the Eisen family then you've got another thing coming."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"But...."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]"But nothing. Losing to a fish? Dear me, if that's the standard of the ideas that you contribute to this company, then you aren't required here any more. You're fired!"[/COLOR] So that was that. One moment I have this bright idea to not only get Lobster Warrior up into the main event, which would also have helped Eric's popularity too, and the next moment, I'm out of a job.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So there I was, stuck at home, watching the wrestling on the TV. Mr Eisen had got his way, and Eric didn't face Lobster Warrior, instead he was given an undeserving title shot at Runaway Train, which of course he was destroyed in. Then the following week, he faced Skull DeBones and was booked as the aggressor, taking out Skull relatively easy. I mean - that's just not realistic, this 210 lb runt beating the hell out of a 300 lb monster like Skull. Especially as Train had taken him to the cleaners 7 days earlier. The fans didn't buy it either. Oh well, it's not my problem any more. It wasn't only SWF that was being stupid. DAVE put their title on a man called Bryan Holmes. So how's that stupid you ask? Well he only wrestles there once a month, as he has commitments in Japan on the same day as their TV show is held. Its never good to have your champion unavailable 4 out of the 5 events you hold each month! Also, he's relatively unknown - all the wrestling websites only list him as an Upper Midcarder in DAVE. What is the wrestling world coming to? Feeling frustrated, I went online, and posted my thoughts on both these situations (and a couple of others) on the wrestling forums. Imagine my surprise then, when 2 days later, on the 19th of November, I got a phone call from a man who claimed to be Phil Vibert, the owner of DAVE, wanting to meet me. I had nothing to lose, so I went to the hotel as arranged. Sure enough, it was Mr Vibert, who explained that he wasn't happy with the direction that DAVE was going under the current head booker, Nemesis. [COLOR="Blue"]"I told him that I wanted to see something new and fresh, but I didn't imagine that would mean Bryan Holmes as champion. I also told him that we needed to bring in some new blood, and nothing has happened on that front either. I saw your comments on the website, and checked you out. You did some good work at SWF, so I've been told, despite what Richard Eisen thought!"[/COLOR] He saw my look of surprise - [COLOR="blue"]"I've got a few friends there - Peter Michaels and I talk occasionally - he told me of your plan for Eric, and I liked it. OK - its a bit out there in left field, but I think it would have worked, given time. Anyway, the point of all this is that I want to offer you the job."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"The job?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"As my head booker. Nemesis and I have come to an agreement that he will step down to be your assistant. He wants to concentrate on his wrestling for the next couple of years, given that they will be his last as an active fighter. He's agreed to work with you and won't give you any trouble. Only thing is - I had to promise him one more title run in the next year. So do you fancy it?"[/COLOR] Did I fancy it? Talk about out of the frying pan......;)

So there I was, stuck at home, watching the wrestling on the TV. Mr Eisen had got his way, and Eric didn't face Lobster Warrior, instead he was given an undeserving title shot at Runaway Train, which of course he was destroyed in. Then the following week, he faced Skull DeBones and was booked as the aggressor, taking out Skull relatively easy. I mean - that's just not realistic, this 210 lb runt beating the hell out of a 300 lb monster like Skull. Especially as Train had taken him to the cleaners 7 days earlier. The fans didn't buy it either. Oh well, it's not my problem any more. It wasn't only SWF that was being stupid. DAVE put their title on a man called Bryan Holmes. So how's that stupid you ask? Well he only wrestles there once a month, as he has commitments in Japan on the same day as their TV show is held. Its never good to have your champion unavailable 4 out of the 5 events you hold each month! Also, he's relatively unknown - all the wrestling websites only list him as an Upper Midcarder in DAVE. What is the wrestling world coming to? Feeling frustrated, I went online, and posted my thoughts on both these situations (and a couple of others) on the wrestling forums. Imagine my surprise then, when 2 days later, on the 19th of November, I got a phone call from a man who claimed to be Phil Vibert, the owner of DAVE, wanting to meet me. I had nothing to lose, so I went to the hotel as arranged. Sure enough, it was Mr Vibert, who explained that he wasn't happy with the direction that DAVE was going under the current head booker, Nemesis. [COLOR="Blue"]"I told him that I wanted to see something new and fresh, but I didn't imagine that would mean Bryan Holmes as champion. I also told him that we needed to bring in some new blood, and nothing has happened on that front either. I saw your comments on the website, and checked you out. You did some good work at SWF, so I've been told, despite what Richard Eisen thought!"[/COLOR] He saw my look of surprise - [COLOR="blue"]"I've got a few friends there - Peter Michaels and I talk occasionally - he told me of your plan for Eric, and I liked it. OK - its a bit out there in left field, but I think it would have worked, given time. Anyway, the point of all this is that I want to offer you the job."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"The job?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"As my head booker. Nemesis and I have come to an agreement that he will step down to be your assistant. He wants to concentrate on his wrestling for the next couple of years, given that they will be his last as an active fighter. He's agreed to work with you and won't give you any trouble. Only thing is - I had to promise him one more title run in the next year. So do you fancy it?"[/COLOR] Did I fancy it? Talk about out of the frying pan......;)

[B]Monday Week 4 November 2005[/B] My first day at DAVE - all good so far. A nice plush office all to myself, a bit better than sharing with the rest of the booking team at SWF. Community spirit, Richard Eisen had called it - we all called it chaos. Phil (he'd asked me to call him that rather than Mr Vibert) had told me to get acquainted with the roster and the day to day running of the company for the next week, before I officially took charge in December. Better news came from Japan. PGHW had negotiated a different TV deal for their King's Road show, which was now going out live on a Tuesday, rather than being recorded the previous Thursday. This freed up our Unified Champion, Bryan Holmes to actually appear on OUR TV show, Danger Zone, which was recorded on a Thursday. Unfortunately, Phil had also mentioned that there were rumors about East Coast Today, our TV network, not being too happy with our ratings. We will just have to see what we can do about that... [COLOR="Lime"][OOC : This was actually an accident on my part - in a previous game using PGHW, I had edited their TV show to this, and I forgot to change it back][/COLOR] As for the roster, well I was somewhat scathing when Phil and Nemesis asked for my thoughts on it. [COLOR="Red"]"Well the good news in the Unified Division is that we've got you (Nemesis) and Eric Tyler. Unfortunately, that's also the bad news. You're both, ahem, getting on a bit now, and we need to pass the baton onto someone younger fairly soon. Holmes is certainly one option there, but his time has yet to come really, despite being the current champion. The only other guy on the roster that I can see with the talent and popularity to take you two on, is Eddie Peak, and he's been stuck fighting nobodies over the Brass Knuckles title for the past 6 months. And even if we do move him away from that title scene, which I have a plan for, we've still got the problem that all four of you "stars" are all heels. I know the crowd don't have that much of a problem with us ignoring kayfabe, but even so..."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"But what about former champions like Henry Lee, Chris Caulfield and Johnny Martin - they are bona fide stars in DAVE?"[/COLOR] says Phil. [COLOR="Red"]"They may be stars in DAVE, but they really aren't that high profile in the mainstream wrestling community. Besides - being brutally honest, none of them have any actual talent in the ring. They've all perfected the art of hitting someone (and being hit) over the head with a chair, but that's their limit. So we need to hire, or build up, a few more 'proper' main eventers quick smart."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]"Onto the tag division now - not too many problems here really, there are 3 or 4 decent teams that all seem to work reasonably well together, so we will just add a couple of other new teams in over the next few weeks or months and run with that."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]"Lower down the card, well with only an hour a week on TV, I haven't had too much chance to see these guys work, so we will have to play things by ear. But I do feel we need to be looking to find some more athletic wrestlers who can wrestle more than a hardcore match."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"So who did you have in mind to bring in?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"Well there's a few guys in the indies that we were looking at for SWF. Pinching them for DAVE will be a little bit of revenge for me, but I will let you both know how things go - I've sent out a few feelers to most of them already, by next week we should be getting some replies."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Anything else?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"The only other change I really had planned at this point was that you (Phil) are going back behind the commentary table, you're too good to waste as a manager who only appears for 5 minutes on each show. Additionally, as the authority figure, you are easily accessible for the wrestlers to come and air their 'grievances' to, live on air. I think it will work well like this."[/COLOR]

[B]Monday Week 4 November 2005[/B] My first day at DAVE - all good so far. A nice plush office all to myself, a bit better than sharing with the rest of the booking team at SWF. Community spirit, Richard Eisen had called it - we all called it chaos. Phil (he'd asked me to call him that rather than Mr Vibert) had told me to get acquainted with the roster and the day to day running of the company for the next week, before I officially took charge in December. Better news came from Japan. PGHW had negotiated a different TV deal for their King's Road show, which was now going out live on a Tuesday, rather than being recorded the previous Thursday. This freed up our Unified Champion, Bryan Holmes to actually appear on OUR TV show, Danger Zone, which was recorded on a Thursday. Unfortunately, Phil had also mentioned that there were rumors about East Coast Today, our TV network, not being too happy with our ratings. We will just have to see what we can do about that... [COLOR="Lime"][OOC : This was actually an accident on my part - in a previous game using PGHW, I had edited their TV show to this, and I forgot to change it back][/COLOR] As for the roster, well I was somewhat scathing when Phil and Nemesis asked for my thoughts on it. [COLOR="Red"]"Well the good news in the Unified Division is that we've got you (Nemesis) and Eric Tyler. Unfortunately, that's also the bad news. You're both, ahem, getting on a bit now, and we need to pass the baton onto someone younger fairly soon. Holmes is certainly one option there, but his time has yet to come really, despite being the current champion. The only other guy on the roster that I can see with the talent and popularity to take you two on, is Eddie Peak, and he's been stuck fighting nobodies over the Brass Knuckles title for the past 6 months. And even if we do move him away from that title scene, which I have a plan for, we've still got the problem that all four of you "stars" are all heels. I know the crowd don't have that much of a problem with us ignoring kayfabe, but even so..."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"But what about former champions like Henry Lee, Chris Caulfield and Johnny Martin - they are bona fide stars in DAVE?"[/COLOR] says Phil. [COLOR="Red"]"They may be stars in DAVE, but they really aren't that high profile in the mainstream wrestling community. Besides - being brutally honest, none of them have any actual talent in the ring. They've all perfected the art of hitting someone (and being hit) over the head with a chair, but that's their limit. So we need to hire, or build up, a few more 'proper' main eventers quick smart."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]"Onto the tag division now - not too many problems here really, there are 3 or 4 decent teams that all seem to work reasonably well together, so we will just add a couple of other new teams in over the next few weeks or months and run with that."[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]"Lower down the card, well with only an hour a week on TV, I haven't had too much chance to see these guys work, so we will have to play things by ear. But I do feel we need to be looking to find some more athletic wrestlers who can wrestle more than a hardcore match."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"So who did you have in mind to bring in?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"Well there's a few guys in the indies that we were looking at for SWF. Pinching them for DAVE will be a little bit of revenge for me, but I will let you both know how things go - I've sent out a few feelers to most of them already, by next week we should be getting some replies."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Anything else?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"The only other change I really had planned at this point was that you (Phil) are going back behind the commentary table, you're too good to waste as a manager who only appears for 5 minutes on each show. Additionally, as the authority figure, you are easily accessible for the wrestlers to come and air their 'grievances' to, live on air. I think it will work well like this."[/COLOR]

The replies began to filter back in from the wrestlers that I contacted, and negotiations began. A new road agent, Craig Prince was signed, as well as 5 new wrestlers and a couple of managers, in time for the first show of December. Phil, Nemesis and I met again several times to discuss the direction of the company, and I have to say it was nice to work with an owner who actually trusted his bookers, especially given that I refused to let Phil know ALL the details - after all, he was going to commentate on the matches and angles, and it wouldn't sound good if he didn't express surprise or shock at certain points. We decided to concentrate on our home area of the Tri State in which to hold most of our shows, starting at the 5000 capacity McGaw Arena. [U][B]Matches announced for Danger Zone TV, Week 1 December 2005[/B][/U] Bryan Holmes (c) vs Chris Caulfield (Unified Title Match) Eric Tyler vs Shawn Gonzalez Eddie Peak (c) vs Wolverine (Brass Knuckles Title Match - hardcore rules) New Jersey Devils (Alex Braun and Tank Bradley) vs New Wave (Scout and Guide) Predictions welcome

The replies began to filter back in from the wrestlers that I contacted, and negotiations began. A new road agent, Craig Prince was signed, as well as 5 new wrestlers and a couple of managers, in time for the first show of December. Phil, Nemesis and I met again several times to discuss the direction of the company, and I have to say it was nice to work with an owner who actually trusted his bookers, especially given that I refused to let Phil know ALL the details - after all, he was going to commentate on the matches and angles, and it wouldn't sound good if he didn't express surprise or shock at certain points. We decided to concentrate on our home area of the Tri State in which to hold most of our shows, starting at the 5000 capacity McGaw Arena. [U][B]Matches announced for Danger Zone TV, Week 1 December 2005[/B][/U] Bryan Holmes (c) vs Chris Caulfield (Unified Title Match) Eric Tyler vs Shawn Gonzalez Eddie Peak (c) vs Wolverine (Brass Knuckles Title Match - hardcore rules) New Jersey Devils (Alex Braun and Tank Bradley) vs New Wave (Scout and Guide) Predictions welcome

Bryan Holmes (c) vs [COLOR="Red"]Chris Caulfield [/COLOR](Unified Title Match) Eric Tyler vs[COLOR="red"] Shawn Gonzalez[/COLOR] Eddie Peak (c) vs [COLOR="red"]Wolverine[/COLOR] (Brass Knuckles Title Match - hardcore rules) [COLOR="red"]New Jersey Devils[/COLOR] (Alex Braun and Tank Bradley) vs New Wave (Scout and Guide)

Bryan Holmes (c) vs [COLOR="Red"]Chris Caulfield [/COLOR](Unified Title Match) Eric Tyler vs[COLOR="red"] Shawn Gonzalez[/COLOR] Eddie Peak (c) vs [COLOR="red"]Wolverine[/COLOR] (Brass Knuckles Title Match - hardcore rules) [COLOR="red"]New Jersey Devils[/COLOR] (Alex Braun and Tank Bradley) vs New Wave (Scout and Guide)

[B]Bryan Holmes (c)[/B] vs Chris Caulfield (Unified Title Match) Holmes should definately hold on to his title for now, if you are gonna try and move an upper midcard guy into the main event scene Holmes can carry him through matches till he's ready to roll on his own. [B]Eric Tyler[/B] vs Shawn Gonzalez Both these guys are good it's a hard pick but Eric TYler is a solid veteran who's gonna be moving out of the Main Event scene soon so he should get a few wins untill that time. [B]Eddie Peak (c)[/B] vs Wolverine (Brass Knuckles Title Match - hardcore rules) I know you had plans for Eddie Peak to lose the title but I don't think he should do it to Wolverine. New Jersey Devils (Alex Braun and Tank Bradley) vs [B]New Wave (Scout and Guide)[/B] This is a tough decision New Wave is a better team but bth Scout and Alex Braun would amke excellent singels competitors. I'm gonna go New Wave for the win for now though.

[B]Bryan Holmes (c)[/B] vs Chris Caulfield (Unified Title Match) Holmes should definately hold on to his title for now, if you are gonna try and move an upper midcard guy into the main event scene Holmes can carry him through matches till he's ready to roll on his own. [B]Eric Tyler[/B] vs Shawn Gonzalez Both these guys are good it's a hard pick but Eric TYler is a solid veteran who's gonna be moving out of the Main Event scene soon so he should get a few wins untill that time. [B]Eddie Peak (c)[/B] vs Wolverine (Brass Knuckles Title Match - hardcore rules) I know you had plans for Eddie Peak to lose the title but I don't think he should do it to Wolverine. New Jersey Devils (Alex Braun and Tank Bradley) vs [B]New Wave (Scout and Guide)[/B] This is a tough decision New Wave is a better team but bth Scout and Alex Braun would amke excellent singels competitors. I'm gonna go New Wave for the win for now though.

[B][U][CENTER]Danger Zone TV (at the McGaw Arena in the Tri State) Thurs Week 1 Dec 05[/CENTER][/U][/B] [CENTER]Attendance 5000[/CENTER] [B]Phil Vibert[/B] comes out to get the show started and tells the crowd that tonight our main event is the rematch for the Unified Title between the new champion, [B]Bryan Holmes[/B] and the man he beat for the title last month, the former champion, [B]Chris Caulfield.[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] He also mentions that another match for later tonight is going to go a long way in deciding the next No 1 contender for the Unified Title, and that will be between [B]Shawn Gonzalez[/B] and [B]Eric Tyler.[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] But first comes a tag team match, between the [B]New Jersey Devils[/B] and the [B]New Wave[/B]. It is dominated from beginning to end by the New Wave, who pick up a clean victory, when Guide pins Tank Bradley following the Guided Missile. [COLOR="blue"]Rating C+. [/COLOR] [B]Nemesis[/B] comes out to the ring to a chorus of boos, and tells the crowd that no matter whether he actually has the championship gold round his waist, everyone knows who the star of this show is – and that is him. [COLOR="blue"]Rating A.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Brass Knuckles Title Match.[/COLOR] The weapons come out early in this one, as [B]Eddie Peak[/B] and [B]Wolverine[/B] both are most comfortable in the hardcore environment. After an initial burst of aggression by Wolverine, Eddie Peak successfully defends his title finishing Wolverine off with a Peak of Perfection onto a chair, cheered on all the while by his manager Emma Chase. [COLOR="blue"]Rating C+,[/COLOR] Not a good start for us as they don't click at all. After the match, [B]Eddie[/B] continues to lay into [B]Wolverine[/B] with a chair. [B]Emma[/B] comes into the ring to tell him that enough is enough, and, to the horror of the audience, he lays her out with the chair as well. [COLOR="Blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] As the audience calm down, they get to see [B]Eric Tyler [/B]take on [B]Shawn Gonzalez[/B], in which Tyler picks up the win in an even match, through a cheap shot to the head of Gonzalez with some brass knuckles, which the referee does not see.[COLOR="blue"] Rating B-, [/COLOR]again despite the lack of chemistry between the two in the ring. The camera pans to the parking lot, where [B]Emma Chase[/B] is seen on a stretcher being loaded into the ambulance, with Eddie’s brother [B]Doug Peak[/B] and also [B]Bryan Holmes [/B]helping out their manager. [COLOR="blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] [B]Phil Vibert[/B] climbs into the ring and announces that despite DAVE being a hardcore promotion, he will not condone a mindless attack on a woman like that, and as punishment, he is stripping [B]Eddie Peak[/B] of the Brass Knuckles Title, effective immediately. [COLOR="blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Unified Title Match:[/COLOR] Our main event sees the Unified Title rematch, with [B]Bryan Holmes [/B]and [B]Chris Caulfield [/B]locking up for a second time recently, following Holmes’ stunning upset of Caulfield last month. Caulfield, as he did in their previous bout, again controls most of the match, but fails to regain the title, when Holmes grabs the title belt and lays the challenger out with it, giving the referee no option but to DQ him. [COLOR="Blue"]Rating B,[/COLOR] and yes you guessed right, these two don’t click at all either. :mad: [COLOR="blue"][B]OVERALL RATING = B[/B][/COLOR] Our TV network, East Coast Today, announced viewing figures of 136,691 and sent Phil a further warning that they expect this to rise very soon.

[B][U][CENTER]Danger Zone TV (at the McGaw Arena in the Tri State) Thurs Week 1 Dec 05[/CENTER][/U][/B] [CENTER]Attendance 5000[/CENTER] [B]Phil Vibert[/B] comes out to get the show started and tells the crowd that tonight our main event is the rematch for the Unified Title between the new champion, [B]Bryan Holmes[/B] and the man he beat for the title last month, the former champion, [B]Chris Caulfield.[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] He also mentions that another match for later tonight is going to go a long way in deciding the next No 1 contender for the Unified Title, and that will be between [B]Shawn Gonzalez[/B] and [B]Eric Tyler.[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] But first comes a tag team match, between the [B]New Jersey Devils[/B] and the [B]New Wave[/B]. It is dominated from beginning to end by the New Wave, who pick up a clean victory, when Guide pins Tank Bradley following the Guided Missile. [COLOR="blue"]Rating C+. [/COLOR] [B]Nemesis[/B] comes out to the ring to a chorus of boos, and tells the crowd that no matter whether he actually has the championship gold round his waist, everyone knows who the star of this show is – and that is him. [COLOR="blue"]Rating A.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Brass Knuckles Title Match.[/COLOR] The weapons come out early in this one, as [B]Eddie Peak[/B] and [B]Wolverine[/B] both are most comfortable in the hardcore environment. After an initial burst of aggression by Wolverine, Eddie Peak successfully defends his title finishing Wolverine off with a Peak of Perfection onto a chair, cheered on all the while by his manager Emma Chase. [COLOR="blue"]Rating C+,[/COLOR] Not a good start for us as they don't click at all. After the match, [B]Eddie[/B] continues to lay into [B]Wolverine[/B] with a chair. [B]Emma[/B] comes into the ring to tell him that enough is enough, and, to the horror of the audience, he lays her out with the chair as well. [COLOR="Blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] As the audience calm down, they get to see [B]Eric Tyler [/B]take on [B]Shawn Gonzalez[/B], in which Tyler picks up the win in an even match, through a cheap shot to the head of Gonzalez with some brass knuckles, which the referee does not see.[COLOR="blue"] Rating B-, [/COLOR]again despite the lack of chemistry between the two in the ring. The camera pans to the parking lot, where [B]Emma Chase[/B] is seen on a stretcher being loaded into the ambulance, with Eddie’s brother [B]Doug Peak[/B] and also [B]Bryan Holmes [/B]helping out their manager. [COLOR="blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] [B]Phil Vibert[/B] climbs into the ring and announces that despite DAVE being a hardcore promotion, he will not condone a mindless attack on a woman like that, and as punishment, he is stripping [B]Eddie Peak[/B] of the Brass Knuckles Title, effective immediately. [COLOR="blue"]Rating B.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Unified Title Match:[/COLOR] Our main event sees the Unified Title rematch, with [B]Bryan Holmes [/B]and [B]Chris Caulfield [/B]locking up for a second time recently, following Holmes’ stunning upset of Caulfield last month. Caulfield, as he did in their previous bout, again controls most of the match, but fails to regain the title, when Holmes grabs the title belt and lays the challenger out with it, giving the referee no option but to DQ him. [COLOR="Blue"]Rating B,[/COLOR] and yes you guessed right, these two don’t click at all either. :mad: [COLOR="blue"][B]OVERALL RATING = B[/B][/COLOR] Our TV network, East Coast Today, announced viewing figures of 136,691 and sent Phil a further warning that they expect this to rise very soon.

[B]Friday Week 1 December[/B] The next morning, the first meeting of the day was with Phil and Nemesis, to discuss the previous night's show. [COLOR="Red"]"So how do you feel it went?"[/COLOR] asked Phil. [COLOR="Blue"]"Well it was a solid enough show, seemed to be a good mix of action. I think we managed to even shock our own audience with the Eddie/Emma situation though."[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Shame none of the matches were that good though,"[/COLOR] commented Nemesis, looking slightly smug. [COLOR="Blue"]"Well whose fault is that? You could at least have told me that Bryan and Chris don't work well together in the ring."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"Not a lot we could do about it though - Chris had a rematch clause in his contract. Best to get it out of the way on TV, rather than ruin a PPV with the match."[/COLOR] said Phil, trying to smooth things over between Nemesis and myself. [COLOR="Red"]"Anyway - how's the hiring going?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Well as you know, we had four of our new signings work dark matches last night, and they all did OK. I've got a few meetings set up today with other wrestlers as well. There is one small problem though - my replacement at SWF has obviously already got Richard Eisen's ear, and apparently they are looking to expand their roster as well."[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Not to mention that Tommy (Cornell) and Dan (Stone) are doing the same, now that they are trying to go head to head with SWF on a Tuesday night,"[/COLOR] adds Nemesis. [COLOR="Red"]"So what can we do about it?"[/COLOR] asks Phil. [COLOR="Blue"]"Well the only thing I can think of is to talk to each of the 3 companies and see if we can get some kind of agreement with them that we share workers. But given my current relationship with Mr Eisen, I think that you, Phil, will have to do that, not me!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"So is there anyone on our roster that they are talking to already?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Carl Batch and Jenny Playmate are almost certain to leave us this week, and unfortunately, one of our new signings, Brent Hill, has also been contacted. If we can get those agreements in place quickly, then that should be all that we lose."[/COLOR] And so my first proper week at DAVE was an eventful one. In the end, I signed up another 5 new wrestlers, which brought our new signings to a net total of 9. Brent Hill did sign with NOTBPW, as did Jenny, and Carl Batch joined Tommy Cornell at TCW. We wish all of them the best for their futures. On the positive side, an agreement was reached later in the week with TCW and NOTBPW, so no more workers will be lost to them. Unsurprisingly, Richard Eisen turned us down, sending me a nasty email, telling me that he will take DAVE down now as well as TCW. "You don't take the mickey out of an Eisen" was the gist of the message, but in slightly more forthright terms. In a further meeting with Phil, it was decided to cancel this year's Christmas with the Devil PPV, to allow us an extra couple of shows to get some heat for our storylines, before the Back in Black PPV in early January. Also, the traditional Extreme Double Header weekend in June (back to back PPV's) has been scrapped, allowing a more even spread of our big events. All PPVs will now take place on the first day of each month.

[B]Friday Week 1 December[/B] The next morning, the first meeting of the day was with Phil and Nemesis, to discuss the previous night's show. [COLOR="Red"]"So how do you feel it went?"[/COLOR] asked Phil. [COLOR="Blue"]"Well it was a solid enough show, seemed to be a good mix of action. I think we managed to even shock our own audience with the Eddie/Emma situation though."[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Shame none of the matches were that good though,"[/COLOR] commented Nemesis, looking slightly smug. [COLOR="Blue"]"Well whose fault is that? You could at least have told me that Bryan and Chris don't work well together in the ring."[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"Not a lot we could do about it though - Chris had a rematch clause in his contract. Best to get it out of the way on TV, rather than ruin a PPV with the match."[/COLOR] said Phil, trying to smooth things over between Nemesis and myself. [COLOR="Red"]"Anyway - how's the hiring going?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Well as you know, we had four of our new signings work dark matches last night, and they all did OK. I've got a few meetings set up today with other wrestlers as well. There is one small problem though - my replacement at SWF has obviously already got Richard Eisen's ear, and apparently they are looking to expand their roster as well."[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Not to mention that Tommy (Cornell) and Dan (Stone) are doing the same, now that they are trying to go head to head with SWF on a Tuesday night,"[/COLOR] adds Nemesis. [COLOR="Red"]"So what can we do about it?"[/COLOR] asks Phil. [COLOR="Blue"]"Well the only thing I can think of is to talk to each of the 3 companies and see if we can get some kind of agreement with them that we share workers. But given my current relationship with Mr Eisen, I think that you, Phil, will have to do that, not me!"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"So is there anyone on our roster that they are talking to already?"[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Carl Batch and Jenny Playmate are almost certain to leave us this week, and unfortunately, one of our new signings, Brent Hill, has also been contacted. If we can get those agreements in place quickly, then that should be all that we lose."[/COLOR] And so my first proper week at DAVE was an eventful one. In the end, I signed up another 5 new wrestlers, which brought our new signings to a net total of 9. Brent Hill did sign with NOTBPW, as did Jenny, and Carl Batch joined Tommy Cornell at TCW. We wish all of them the best for their futures. On the positive side, an agreement was reached later in the week with TCW and NOTBPW, so no more workers will be lost to them. Unsurprisingly, Richard Eisen turned us down, sending me a nasty email, telling me that he will take DAVE down now as well as TCW. "You don't take the mickey out of an Eisen" was the gist of the message, but in slightly more forthright terms. In a further meeting with Phil, it was decided to cancel this year's Christmas with the Devil PPV, to allow us an extra couple of shows to get some heat for our storylines, before the Back in Black PPV in early January. Also, the traditional Extreme Double Header weekend in June (back to back PPV's) has been scrapped, allowing a more even spread of our big events. All PPVs will now take place on the first day of each month.

nice work on your first show. I sense problems for Holmes down the line, and Eddie's chair shot can't sit well with doug. It Will be interesting to see what you do with th Brass Knuckles title. Also it will be fun to see if Nemesis uses his backstage power to get the title.

nice work on your first show. I sense problems for Holmes down the line, and Eddie's chair shot can't sit well with doug. It Will be interesting to see what you do with th Brass Knuckles title. Also it will be fun to see if Nemesis uses his backstage power to get the title.

Archived