The Off-Topic Render Thread

Undertaker666

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trell, did you end up buying Bryce 6? If so, put some of your characters in Bryce and play around with the lighting and textures as it can make a good render into a great render. This is my soldier guy in Studio, just look at the difference putting him into Bryce made. [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/TheUndertakersGraveyard/DAZ/117.jpg[/IMG]

If you're not sure, just ask! I'm not as well versed in Bryce as I am in Studio but I do know my way around a little. 1. Click on the object whose material you want to change. 2. Click on the "M" button next to the object. 3. In the top left you'll see a window with a sphere in it, click on the uppermost arrow connected to that window. 4. Scroll through the available materials, choose the one you want and click on the Tick button. 5. [I]*optional*[/I] Change the colour, transparency, metallicity, reflection strengths etc. by moving the sliders. 6. Click on the Tick button and your material will be applied. If your objects are grouped together (one click selects them all) you can do one of the following: 1. Click on Objects from the top menu and then click on Ungroup and then go to the previous steps. 2. Hold down the CTRL key and right click on a grouped object you want selected, a pop-up menu will appear, click on the object you want and go to the previous steps. This way has the advantage of keeping all your objects grouped so if you moved your guy with the sword then his sword would remain 'attached' without you having to select it aswell. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks, but the way that picture looks is due to the wonders of Bryce moreso than Studio. The figure's exactly the same as before, just posed differently (in Studio) and with the lighting changed (Bryce). What're you specifically having trouble with changing the material? If you follow the steps that I listed earlier you can't really go wrong. Unless one or more of the steps is unclear? (I'm currently working on what is fast becoming my 'ultra' picture, stay tuned ;))

Archived