PWA: Started from nothing, Ending with everything

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=eayragt;157170]I like the way you're going, keeping Mr Anderson around the Main Event even though he's by no mean the most talented person. You can't just have the most talented people fight each other, as this would realy respect your booking choices.[/QUOTE] This is why I love reading the Cornellverse diaries. You see so many different approaches that it gives you new ways of viewing the same situation. I disagree with this assertion but only because I look at it from a different angle, so to speak. I'd say, yes I can have only my most talented people fight each other and it won't restrict my booking choices because I'm always developing more 'most talented people' to continually add to the pool I have to draw from. In Clarity's position, I'd have storylines centered around Matravers, Giedroyc, and Price that would draw the highest ratings I could, to facilitate the growth of my promotion. Once I hit National (or maybe even Cult), then I could cruise and start working the likes of Jamie Anderson into the top level of my booking. But then, I hate being small/regional and maybe even Cult, because whenever I develop a bonafide star, someone signs them away. Again, that's my approach but I must admit to have learned a great deal from this diary as well as eayragt's and mystic's and scapino's and several others. I'm a really straight forward booker. Handle your business in the ring, is my approach. I only run angles because I have to (Cutting Edge requirement) and because they help develop performance skills (which are damn near all-important, I've found). Just different approaches. :)

[QUOTE=eayragt;157170]I like the way you're going, keeping Mr Anderson around the Main Event even though he's by no mean the most talented person. You can't just have the most talented people fight each other, as this would realy respect your booking choices.[/QUOTE] This is why I love reading the Cornellverse diaries. You see so many different approaches that it gives you new ways of viewing the same situation. I disagree with this assertion but only because I look at it from a different angle, so to speak. I'd say, yes I can have only my most talented people fight each other and it won't restrict my booking choices because I'm always developing more 'most talented people' to continually add to the pool I have to draw from. In Clarity's position, I'd have storylines centered around Matravers, Giedroyc, and Price that would draw the highest ratings I could, to facilitate the growth of my promotion. Once I hit National (or maybe even Cult), then I could cruise and start working the likes of Jamie Anderson into the top level of my booking. But then, I hate being small/regional and maybe even Cult, because whenever I develop a bonafide star, someone signs them away. Again, that's my approach but I must admit to have learned a great deal from this diary as well as eayragt's and mystic's and scapino's and several others. I'm a really straight forward booker. Handle your business in the ring, is my approach. I only run angles because I have to (Cutting Edge requirement) and because they help develop performance skills (which are damn near all-important, I've found). Just different approaches. :)

[FONT="Tahoma"][CENTER][B][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/tvshow2.png[/img] - Filmed at Edgeware Hall on Tuesday Week 4 June 2010 - - In front of a crowd of 1345 fans and viewed on ITV3 by 100 people - -The Final Show before Putting Out The Fire -[/B][/CENTER] The pre-show ends and the main credits roll [B]Rating for these segments: C- x2[/B] A video plays showing what happened last week. It shows the main event tag match and Jack Giedroyc's accidental Crashing On causing Adam Matravers to lose to match. [B]Rating for this segment: C [/B] Glen Ward & Kelly Martin comes out for there match and fire T-Shirts into the crowd. [B]Rating for these segments: C+ & B+[/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Glen Ward[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Kelly Martin[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] I thought this match would get a C rating like usual but boy was i mistaken. If he could draw a C rating out of Jamie Anderson, then why did this one stink. Im gonna have to have words with both of them after the match. After what felt like forever Kelly Martin defeated Glen Ward. [B]Winner: Kelly Martin Rating for this segment: E (Ouch)[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]- - - - -[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] The cameras are out back and we see Jamie Anderson knocking on Adam B's office door. "[I]Hey boss. I hear that Adam Matravers has got a match against Jack Giedroyc tonight. I want in.[/I]" "[I]Your kidding right. Matravers & Giedroyc should blow the roof off this place tonight" Adam replied. "Why would i chance putting you in there as well. All im gonna see in that ring tonight is Adam, Jack and the referee[/I]" "[I]Then let me be the referee[/I]" Anderson proclaimed. "[I]Hmmm. Ok that might work. Your on[/I]" [B]Rating for this segment: E[/B] Jeff Nova is in the ring with a microphone. "I have been given an opportunity tonight to make an open challenge tonight. Im the UK's strongest man. And i reckon i can beat anyone here tonight. So here is my offer. If you can beat me tonight. You claim my title as UK's strongest man". [B]Rating for this segment: B[/B] UCR Star Joey Beauchamp appears at the top of the ramp and fires T-Shirts into the crowd as he walks down to take on Jeff Nova. [B]Rating for this segment: B+[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Jeff Nova[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Joey Beauchamp[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Oooh. Take note Ward & Martin. This is how you put on a match. Both men brought there A game tonight and the crowd loved it. Beauchamp held his ground against Nova and even got a few close falls however he eventually fell to a Glasgow Kiss. [B]Winner: Jeff Nova Rating for this segment: C+[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]- - - - -[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] A camera is seen running backstage and reaches the bar. You can Joss Thompson and Donny Damage throwing each other around. The cameraman asked a spectator what happened and he explains that Donny was talking smack to Joss who just wanted a drink, so Joss poured his drink over Donny's head. [B]Rating for this segment: D[/B] Joss Thompson & Donny Damage are finally pulled apart by security. Damage tries to get at Joss again but cant make it. "[I]You and me.. at the Pay Per View[/I]" Screams Damage. "[I]Your on[/I]" Joss replies [B]Rating for this match: C-[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Adam Matravers[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Jack Giedroyc[/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER] Adam Matravers knew something was wrong the moment he stepped into the ring and saw Jamie Anderson standing there. Yet Anderson made no attempt at attacking him and the match started. Matravers and Giedroyc went back and forth for a while until Matravers managed to hit a Mile High Moonsault. He goes for the pin but Jamie Anderson wasn't even paying him any attention. Anderson looks round, sees the pin attempt and laughs. Giedroyc then starts fighting back hitting the Crashing On. But yet again Anderson just wont count. Finally Giedroyc locks in a submission but still Anderson does nothing. Both men have finally had enough. They both turn menacing at Jamie Anderson and he turns and darts out the ring. He heads for the announcer and tells him something. The announcers raises his mike "AFTER IMTIMIDATING A REFEREE, BOTH CONTENDERS HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED" [B]Winner: Draw by double disqualification. Rating for this segment: C+[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]- - - - -[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Adam Matravers grabs the mike off the announcer: "[I]Ok. Im getting tired of this. Jack. You and me, No cages, No special refs, No blood, no weapons. Just us on sunday.[/I]" Jack nods [B]Rating for this segment: C[/B] [B][CENTER]Final Rating: C[/CENTER][/B][/FONT] [SIZE="1"][CENTER]Full details on the PPV lineup coming up plus an update on Flex's condition[/CENTER][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][CENTER][B][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/tvshow2.png[/img] - Filmed at Edgeware Hall on Tuesday Week 4 June 2010 - - In front of a crowd of 1345 fans and viewed on ITV3 by 100 people - -The Final Show before Putting Out The Fire -[/B][/CENTER] The pre-show ends and the main credits roll [B]Rating for these segments: C- x2[/B] A video plays showing what happened last week. It shows the main event tag match and Jack Giedroyc's accidental Crashing On causing Adam Matravers to lose to match. [B]Rating for this segment: C [/B] Glen Ward & Kelly Martin comes out for there match and fire T-Shirts into the crowd. [B]Rating for these segments: C+ & B+[/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Glen Ward[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Kelly Martin[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] I thought this match would get a C rating like usual but boy was i mistaken. If he could draw a C rating out of Jamie Anderson, then why did this one stink. Im gonna have to have words with both of them after the match. After what felt like forever Kelly Martin defeated Glen Ward. [B]Winner: Kelly Martin Rating for this segment: E (Ouch)[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]- - - - -[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] The cameras are out back and we see Jamie Anderson knocking on Adam B's office door. "[I]Hey boss. I hear that Adam Matravers has got a match against Jack Giedroyc tonight. I want in.[/I]" "[I]Your kidding right. Matravers & Giedroyc should blow the roof off this place tonight" Adam replied. "Why would i chance putting you in there as well. All im gonna see in that ring tonight is Adam, Jack and the referee[/I]" "[I]Then let me be the referee[/I]" Anderson proclaimed. "[I]Hmmm. Ok that might work. Your on[/I]" [B]Rating for this segment: E[/B] Jeff Nova is in the ring with a microphone. "I have been given an opportunity tonight to make an open challenge tonight. Im the UK's strongest man. And i reckon i can beat anyone here tonight. So here is my offer. If you can beat me tonight. You claim my title as UK's strongest man". [B]Rating for this segment: B[/B] UCR Star Joey Beauchamp appears at the top of the ramp and fires T-Shirts into the crowd as he walks down to take on Jeff Nova. [B]Rating for this segment: B+[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Jeff Nova[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Joey Beauchamp[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Oooh. Take note Ward & Martin. This is how you put on a match. Both men brought there A game tonight and the crowd loved it. Beauchamp held his ground against Nova and even got a few close falls however he eventually fell to a Glasgow Kiss. [B]Winner: Jeff Nova Rating for this segment: C+[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]- - - - -[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] A camera is seen running backstage and reaches the bar. You can Joss Thompson and Donny Damage throwing each other around. The cameraman asked a spectator what happened and he explains that Donny was talking smack to Joss who just wanted a drink, so Joss poured his drink over Donny's head. [B]Rating for this segment: D[/B] Joss Thompson & Donny Damage are finally pulled apart by security. Damage tries to get at Joss again but cant make it. "[I]You and me.. at the Pay Per View[/I]" Screams Damage. "[I]Your on[/I]" Joss replies [B]Rating for this match: C-[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Adam Matravers[/SIZE] [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"]Jack Giedroyc[/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER] Adam Matravers knew something was wrong the moment he stepped into the ring and saw Jamie Anderson standing there. Yet Anderson made no attempt at attacking him and the match started. Matravers and Giedroyc went back and forth for a while until Matravers managed to hit a Mile High Moonsault. He goes for the pin but Jamie Anderson wasn't even paying him any attention. Anderson looks round, sees the pin attempt and laughs. Giedroyc then starts fighting back hitting the Crashing On. But yet again Anderson just wont count. Finally Giedroyc locks in a submission but still Anderson does nothing. Both men have finally had enough. They both turn menacing at Jamie Anderson and he turns and darts out the ring. He heads for the announcer and tells him something. The announcers raises his mike "AFTER IMTIMIDATING A REFEREE, BOTH CONTENDERS HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED" [B]Winner: Draw by double disqualification. Rating for this segment: C+[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]- - - - -[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Adam Matravers grabs the mike off the announcer: "[I]Ok. Im getting tired of this. Jack. You and me, No cages, No special refs, No blood, no weapons. Just us on sunday.[/I]" Jack nods [B]Rating for this segment: C[/B] [B][CENTER]Final Rating: C[/CENTER][/B][/FONT] [SIZE="1"][CENTER]Full details on the PPV lineup coming up plus an update on Flex's condition[/CENTER][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/puttingfire.png[/IMG] - Filmed at J. Nike Leisuresport Complex on Sunday Week 4 June 2010 - - Shown in front of 1316 people -[/CENTER][/B] The crowd warmers head backstage and the main show begins [B]Rating for this segment: C & C-[/B] The announcers ...well announce that we'll be seeing Stephanie Hazel take on Nina The Psycho Ballerina and Miss Information in a 3 way match for the PWA Womens Championship. [B]Rating for this segment: F[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Stephanie Hazel (C) [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Nina The Psycho Ballerina [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Miss Information[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] My little chat with the girlies seems to have got them going again. Nina was looking particularly good today. Taking it in her stride, Nina avoided attacked from both Steph and Missy and mounted her own against the current champ. Miss Information was the first to be worn down and was catching her breath outside the ring when Stephanie Hazel hit the Princess Drop on Nina to retain her title. [B]Winner: Stephanie Hazel Rating for this segment: C-[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]- - - - - [/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] The announcers then explain that after the brawl last week we'll be seeing Joss Thompson take on Donny Damage. [B]Rating for this segment: D[/B] Joss Thompson comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. [B]Rating for this segment: B-[/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Donny Damage [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Joss Thompson[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Donny Damage & Joss Thompson lock horns and you could tell that the chemistry was there between them. And the crowd seemed to love it. Damage went on to secure the victory against Thompson. [B]Winner: Donny Damage Rating for this segment: C-[/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]- - - - -[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Kelly Martin take on Jeff Nova and a mystery 3rd man in a triangle match. [B]Rating for this segment: C-[/B] Adam Matravers is seen backstage on a cell phone. "[I]....So thats my idea and im sure you will see the benefits. If you agree then i shall see you tonight[/I]" Adam Matravers hangs up the phone and smiles, satisfied. [B]Rating for this segment: B-[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Kelly Martin (C) [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Jeff Nova [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] ????[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Jeff Nova & Kelly Martin are both already out in the ring waiting for the 3rd man and boy are they surprised when they see him. At the top of the ramp appears Ring Of Fire's Stevie Stoat. He charges down to ringside and immediately start bringing it against current champion Kelly Martin. Martin stumbles out the ring for a breather and Stoat and Nova clash. Nova hits the World's Strongest Bear Hug but Stoat refuses to tap. Then Martin climbs back in and attempts to pins the downed Stoat. But Nova catches him midway there and attempts another World's Strongest Bear Hug. Poor Martin couldn't get to the ropes and tapped out. [B]Winner: Jeff Nova Rating for this segment: C[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]- - - - -[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Adam Matravers (C) [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Jack Giedroyc[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="3"]Tale of the Tape[/SIZE] Matravers V Giedroyc[/B] 30 [B]____ Age____[/B] 33 British [B]____ Nationality ____[/B] British 22 [B]____ Wins ____[/B] 10 6 [B]____ Losses ____[/B] 9 3 [B]____ Draws ____[/B] 1 B- [B]____ Highest Rating ____[/B] B-[/CENTER] Adam Matravers & Jack Giedroyc looked good out there together. However even after their recent troubles together both men worked professionally out there. Giedroyc went for the Crashing on, Matravers countered. Matravers went for the Mile High Moonsault but Giedroyc moved. Giedroyc then tried submission moves by Matravers wouldn't tap. Then Jamie Anderson ran down to ringside and immediately got in Adam Matravers face. Giedroyc went to grab him, but Anderson turned and hit the Too Good. Jamie then laughed and left the ring. Adam Matravers walked over and got the pin. [B]Winner: Adam Matravers Rating for this segment: C+[/B] Jack Giedroyc has just got to his feet and heads Adams way demanding to know what the meaning of this was. Matravers turns and just lays him out. Then both of them lay a stomping on the prone Giedroyc. [B]Rating for this segment: C-[/B] After the beating Adam Matravers turns to Jamie Anderson and offers his hand. Jamie Anderson shakes it and then raises the hand of the champion [B]Rating for this segment: C-[/B] [B][CENTER]Final Rating C[/CENTER][/B][/FONT] [QUOTE][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Opinions on the PPV (Especially the ending) appriciated. Oh and for fellow dynasty writers reading this. How do you do your booking. Is it months in advance, on the fly etc[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][B][CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/adambn/puttingfire.png[/IMG] - Filmed at J. Nike Leisuresport Complex on Sunday Week 4 June 2010 - - Shown in front of 1316 people -[/CENTER][/B] The crowd warmers head backstage and the main show begins [B]Rating for this segment: C & C-[/B] The announcers ...well announce that we'll be seeing Stephanie Hazel take on Nina The Psycho Ballerina and Miss Information in a 3 way match for the PWA Womens Championship. [B]Rating for this segment: F[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Stephanie Hazel (C) [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Nina The Psycho Ballerina [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Miss Information[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] My little chat with the girlies seems to have got them going again. Nina was looking particularly good today. Taking it in her stride, Nina avoided attacked from both Steph and Missy and mounted her own against the current champ. Miss Information was the first to be worn down and was catching her breath outside the ring when Stephanie Hazel hit the Princess Drop on Nina to retain her title. [B]Winner: Stephanie Hazel Rating for this segment: C-[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]- - - - - [/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] The announcers then explain that after the brawl last week we'll be seeing Joss Thompson take on Donny Damage. [B]Rating for this segment: D[/B] Joss Thompson comes out and fires T-Shirts into the crowd. [B]Rating for this segment: B-[/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Donny Damage [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Joss Thompson[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Donny Damage & Joss Thompson lock horns and you could tell that the chemistry was there between them. And the crowd seemed to love it. Damage went on to secure the victory against Thompson. [B]Winner: Donny Damage Rating for this segment: C-[/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]- - - - -[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Kelly Martin take on Jeff Nova and a mystery 3rd man in a triangle match. [B]Rating for this segment: C-[/B] Adam Matravers is seen backstage on a cell phone. "[I]....So thats my idea and im sure you will see the benefits. If you agree then i shall see you tonight[/I]" Adam Matravers hangs up the phone and smiles, satisfied. [B]Rating for this segment: B-[/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Kelly Martin (C) [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Jeff Nova [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] ????[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Jeff Nova & Kelly Martin are both already out in the ring waiting for the 3rd man and boy are they surprised when they see him. At the top of the ramp appears Ring Of Fire's Stevie Stoat. He charges down to ringside and immediately start bringing it against current champion Kelly Martin. Martin stumbles out the ring for a breather and Stoat and Nova clash. Nova hits the World's Strongest Bear Hug but Stoat refuses to tap. Then Martin climbs back in and attempts to pins the downed Stoat. But Nova catches him midway there and attempts another World's Strongest Bear Hug. Poor Martin couldn't get to the ropes and tapped out. [B]Winner: Jeff Nova Rating for this segment: C[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]- - - - -[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Adam Matravers (C) [SIZE="5"]VS[/SIZE] Jack Giedroyc[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="3"]Tale of the Tape[/SIZE] Matravers V Giedroyc[/B] 30 [B]____ Age____[/B] 33 British [B]____ Nationality ____[/B] British 22 [B]____ Wins ____[/B] 10 6 [B]____ Losses ____[/B] 9 3 [B]____ Draws ____[/B] 1 B- [B]____ Highest Rating ____[/B] B-[/CENTER] Adam Matravers & Jack Giedroyc looked good out there together. However even after their recent troubles together both men worked professionally out there. Giedroyc went for the Crashing on, Matravers countered. Matravers went for the Mile High Moonsault but Giedroyc moved. Giedroyc then tried submission moves by Matravers wouldn't tap. Then Jamie Anderson ran down to ringside and immediately got in Adam Matravers face. Giedroyc went to grab him, but Anderson turned and hit the Too Good. Jamie then laughed and left the ring. Adam Matravers walked over and got the pin. [B]Winner: Adam Matravers Rating for this segment: C+[/B] Jack Giedroyc has just got to his feet and heads Adams way demanding to know what the meaning of this was. Matravers turns and just lays him out. Then both of them lay a stomping on the prone Giedroyc. [B]Rating for this segment: C-[/B] After the beating Adam Matravers turns to Jamie Anderson and offers his hand. Jamie Anderson shakes it and then raises the hand of the champion [B]Rating for this segment: C-[/B] [B][CENTER]Final Rating C[/CENTER][/B][/FONT] [QUOTE][SIZE="1"][CENTER]Opinions on the PPV (Especially the ending) appriciated. Oh and for fellow dynasty writers reading this. How do you do your booking. Is it months in advance, on the fly etc[/CENTER][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

The ever popular fan favourite turns to join with Mr Popularity? Instant hate from the fans! Liked the PPV - just a bit suprised to see you hire Stevie Stoat - and gave him a title shot! As for how I book, by the time I run a PPV, I've usually got half of the next PPV in mind. Then after the PPV I start to think about the main contests in the weekly show. By the time we get to the next PPV, often several matches have changed (and the TV shows change all the time). The closer I get to a PPV the more likely it is that my next show will be completely planned, as I find that I'm forced into matches as I haven't built up someones PPV match well enough.

Archived