Question about initial poll rankings

Guest Nukester

Guest Nukester
I am running a solo league where I made a couple of changes to the league structure before starting out. I edited all of the team prestige to 50 and set all of the conferences to prestige of 3 (I think that is what it was called in the stats table). I also moved Army and Navy to the Big East and moved Cincinnati and USF to the Independent league, and took over Army. I was hoping that since all teams are equal, that the CPU would create the initial polls based on strength of the team talents. This doesnt seem to be happening. The inital polls are loaded with C-USA and Big12 teams. Just about every team in the top 25 is from one of those conferences or one other (I think it was the PAC10 or something like that) Is there a reason that these schools are all picked as top teams (even after a few weeks those teams are still in the top 25, even if they are like 0-3) ? Is there something else in the database that needs to be altered to have all teams on equal ground ?

Guest Nukester
Something else that is happening is that I can not schedule any games. All of my games are pre-scheduled, and every season I play UConn twice. Im pretty sure that has something to do with Army and Navy switching places with Cincinnati and USF, and it isnt really that big of a deal to me, but I was curious if anyone has seen something like that happen.

Guest Nukester
Something else that is happening is that I can not schedule any games. All of my games are pre-scheduled, and every season I play UConn twice. Im pretty sure that has something to do with Army and Navy switching places with Cincinnati and USF, and it isnt really that big of a deal to me, but I was curious if anyone has seen something like that happen.

Guest Nukester
Arlie may have answered my question when refering to another question in the 1.46 beta discussion [quote=Arlie]The conference prestige values in the table only dictate conference movement. Because of what you stated, the "GDCS" automatic bid flag is the only factor that impacts conference standing in the polls. So, if a team from a league with a GDCS auto bid is "tied" with a team from a league without (by tied I mean similar factors for polling), the league from the GDCS auto-bid league will be rated higher[/quote] I know only a few leagues are "auto bid" leagues, so they get ranked higher than the non-autos Now my question is, do the number of conferences that are "auto bids" have to stay the same ? I cant just go and check off every conference as an auto bid, can I ?

Guest Nukester
Arlie may have answered my question when refering to another question in the 1.46 beta discussion [quote=Arlie]The conference prestige values in the table only dictate conference movement. Because of what you stated, the "GDCS" automatic bid flag is the only factor that impacts conference standing in the polls. So, if a team from a league with a GDCS auto bid is "tied" with a team from a league without (by tied I mean similar factors for polling), the league from the GDCS auto-bid league will be rated higher[/quote] I know only a few leagues are "auto bid" leagues, so they get ranked higher than the non-autos Now my question is, do the number of conferences that are "auto bids" have to stay the same ? I cant just go and check off every conference as an auto bid, can I ?

[QUOTE=Nukester;157166]Now my question is, do the number of conferences that are "auto bids" have to stay the same ? I cant just go and check off every conference as an auto bid, can I ?[/QUOTE] You can dictate which teams are included in this "GDCS bid" bonus in the Conference table inside the pstats.dat file. Just put a check next to each conference you want to have that bonus and GDCS bid. You just need to make sure the number of conferences doesn't exceed double the number of GDCS bowl games.

[QUOTE=Nukester;157166]Now my question is, do the number of conferences that are "auto bids" have to stay the same ? I cant just go and check off every conference as an auto bid, can I ?[/QUOTE] You can dictate which teams are included in this "GDCS bid" bonus in the Conference table inside the pstats.dat file. Just put a check next to each conference you want to have that bonus and GDCS bid. You just need to make sure the number of conferences doesn't exceed double the number of GDCS bowl games.

Archived