BBCF Open BETA 1.49

[quote=bmfyxpp;157834] - If possible, consider making the "recruit recommendations" and "recommended recruit pitches" html pages like the "team commits" page. It would be nice to keep those open in a separate window while I'm recruiting. [/quote] This would be really nice to have. As it stands, I have to pretty much ignore this information, because I'm too lazy to write it down, but it would come in handy if I could view it side-by-side with my recruiting efforts. Also, I still can't figure out how to remove an old league from the "load league" drop-down menu. Not sure if you saw my post in the tech support forum...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote=bmfyxpp;157834] - If possible, consider making the "recruit recommendations" and "recommended recruit pitches" html pages like the "team commits" page. It would be nice to keep those open in a separate window while I'm recruiting. [/quote] This would be really nice to have. As it stands, I have to pretty much ignore this information, because I'm too lazy to write it down, but it would come in handy if I could view it side-by-side with my recruiting efforts. Also, I still can't figure out how to remove an old league from the "load league" drop-down menu. Not sure if you saw my post in the tech support forum...

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble;157922]This would be really nice to have. As it stands, I have to pretty much ignore this information, because I'm too lazy to write it down, but it would come in handy if I could view it side-by-side with my recruiting efforts. Also, I still can't figure out how to remove an old league from the "load league" drop-down menu. Not sure if you saw my post in the tech support forum...[/QUOTE] This is what I do for a workaround for recruit pitches. I "print" the email. It opens in Wordpad. I move the BBCF screen down a little on my screen. That allows me to switch back and forth between the game and the printed email. Not the greatest solution but it's better than ignoring or having to write it down.

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble;157922]This would be really nice to have. As it stands, I have to pretty much ignore this information, because I'm too lazy to write it down, but it would come in handy if I could view it side-by-side with my recruiting efforts. Also, I still can't figure out how to remove an old league from the "load league" drop-down menu. Not sure if you saw my post in the tech support forum...[/QUOTE] This is what I do for a workaround for recruit pitches. I "print" the email. It opens in Wordpad. I move the BBCF screen down a little on my screen. That allows me to switch back and forth between the game and the printed email. Not the greatest solution but it's better than ignoring or having to write it down.

[QUOTE=bmfyxpp;157834]- If possible, consider making the "recruit recommendations" and "recommended recruit pitches" html pages like the "team commits" page. It would be nice to keep those open in a separate window while I'm recruiting.[/QUOTE] You can do this now. Open the emails and click 'print'. That pops up a screen with the entire message in text form.

[QUOTE=bmfyxpp;157834]- If possible, consider making the "recruit recommendations" and "recommended recruit pitches" html pages like the "team commits" page. It would be nice to keep those open in a separate window while I'm recruiting.[/QUOTE] You can do this now. Open the emails and click 'print'. That pops up a screen with the entire message in text form.

[QUOTE]The 4 stock gameplans will be changed before camp and when you change your offense in camp to reflect the team's new offense. If you want a specific gameplan that will never change, make sure to create a new gameplan outside of the 4 stock ones. User created gameplans will not be changed.[/QUOTE] When does this occur week 2? I have used in the previous season and have had the team set to option offense/ 4-3 defense. But, I see in the new season expectations that my team is vertical passing and a 4-4 defense:confused: This is during week 1. So does that mean my gameplans are screwed up for the coming season even if I select the option and 4-3 in week 2 of the season?

[QUOTE]The 4 stock gameplans will be changed before camp and when you change your offense in camp to reflect the team's new offense. If you want a specific gameplan that will never change, make sure to create a new gameplan outside of the 4 stock ones. User created gameplans will not be changed.[/QUOTE] When does this occur week 2? I have used in the previous season and have had the team set to option offense/ 4-3 defense. But, I see in the new season expectations that my team is vertical passing and a 4-4 defense:confused: This is during week 1. So does that mean my gameplans are screwed up for the coming season even if I select the option and 4-3 in week 2 of the season?

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble;157922]This would be really nice to have. As it stands, I have to pretty much ignore this information, because I'm too lazy to write it down, but it would come in handy if I could view it side-by-side with my recruiting efforts. Also, I still can't figure out how to remove an old league from the "load league" drop-down menu. Not sure if you saw my post in the tech support forum...[/QUOTE] Great questions I have mentioned the first one as well. The recruiting emails are useless unless you want to write them down each week. This makes the recruiting somewhat tedious and I actually dread the recruiting this game. I would let the AI handle it but I don't have enough confidence that the AI would handle it for the type of offense and/or defense I have.

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble;157922]This would be really nice to have. As it stands, I have to pretty much ignore this information, because I'm too lazy to write it down, but it would come in handy if I could view it side-by-side with my recruiting efforts. Also, I still can't figure out how to remove an old league from the "load league" drop-down menu. Not sure if you saw my post in the tech support forum...[/QUOTE] Great questions I have mentioned the first one as well. The recruiting emails are useless unless you want to write them down each week. This makes the recruiting somewhat tedious and I actually dread the recruiting this game. I would let the AI handle it but I don't have enough confidence that the AI would handle it for the type of offense and/or defense I have.

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble;157922]This would be really nice to have. As it stands, I have to pretty much ignore this information, because I'm too lazy to write it down, but it would come in handy if I could view it side-by-side with my recruiting efforts. Also, I still can't figure out how to remove an old league from the "load league" drop-down menu. Not sure if you saw my post in the tech support forum...[/QUOTE] Navigate into your saves directory and delete the folder of the league you want to get rid of.

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble;157922]This would be really nice to have. As it stands, I have to pretty much ignore this information, because I'm too lazy to write it down, but it would come in handy if I could view it side-by-side with my recruiting efforts. Also, I still can't figure out how to remove an old league from the "load league" drop-down menu. Not sure if you saw my post in the tech support forum...[/QUOTE] Navigate into your saves directory and delete the folder of the league you want to get rid of.

Only other thing I've found so far and I don't think I've mentioned this yet, not sure. When you use the mouse wheel to scroll on the player visit screen it automatically accepts visits...no biggie but it's annoying. Still a great update so far. Love the defensive changes. I looked at FoF '07 last night and was really unimpressed. It looked more like an update to me, I may be wrong though. I think BB spoiled me. I like FoF don't get me wrong but I think I'll wait for Arlie's pro game as I'll be too consumed with BB until he gets around to it.

Only other thing I've found so far and I don't think I've mentioned this yet, not sure. When you use the mouse wheel to scroll on the player visit screen it automatically accepts visits...no biggie but it's annoying. Still a great update so far. Love the defensive changes. I looked at FoF '07 last night and was really unimpressed. It looked more like an update to me, I may be wrong though. I think BB spoiled me. I like FoF don't get me wrong but I think I'll wait for Arlie's pro game as I'll be too consumed with BB until he gets around to it.

[QUOTE=galaril;157946]Great questions I have mentioned the first one as well. The recruiting emails are useless unless you want to write them down each week. This makes the recruiting somewhat tedious and I actually dread the recruiting this game. I would let the AI handle it but I don't have enough confidence that the AI would handle it for the type of offense and/or defense I have.[/QUOTE] Taken from earlier post in this thread: "Open the emails and click 'print'. That pops up a screen with the entire message in text form." You shouldn't have to write anything down. Just switch back and forth between the text report of the email and the BBCF screen. Not perfect but not that bad either.

[QUOTE=galaril;157946]Great questions I have mentioned the first one as well. The recruiting emails are useless unless you want to write them down each week. This makes the recruiting somewhat tedious and I actually dread the recruiting this game. I would let the AI handle it but I don't have enough confidence that the AI would handle it for the type of offense and/or defense I have.[/QUOTE] Taken from earlier post in this thread: "Open the emails and click 'print'. That pops up a screen with the entire message in text form." You shouldn't have to write anything down. Just switch back and forth between the text report of the email and the BBCF screen. Not perfect but not that bad either.

[QUOTE=markprior22;157954]Taken from earlier post in this thread: "Open the emails and click 'print'. That pops up a screen with the entire message in text form." You shouldn't have to write anything down. Just switch back and forth between the text report of the email and the BBCF screen. Not perfect but not that bad either.[/QUOTE] I save them by week and watch the progress. They'll save as .txt files. But I use the multiple screens opened option when I'm actually recruiting.

[QUOTE=markprior22;157954]Taken from earlier post in this thread: "Open the emails and click 'print'. That pops up a screen with the entire message in text form." You shouldn't have to write anything down. Just switch back and forth between the text report of the email and the BBCF screen. Not perfect but not that bad either.[/QUOTE] I save them by week and watch the progress. They'll save as .txt files. But I use the multiple screens opened option when I'm actually recruiting.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;157921]Arlie, I'm still seeing the 'timed out' issue when importing into a multiplayer league that kills the next numbered export.[/QUOTE] OK, I'm really going to need to get the saves and exact files that cause this and just struggle through it. I've tried creating this situation on my own and been unable to get it. Would you mind sending me an email with the location of the save and coach files that cause this (again, I know)? Thanks

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;157921]Arlie, I'm still seeing the 'timed out' issue when importing into a multiplayer league that kills the next numbered export.[/QUOTE] OK, I'm really going to need to get the saves and exact files that cause this and just struggle through it. I've tried creating this situation on my own and been unable to get it. Would you mind sending me an email with the location of the save and coach files that cause this (again, I know)? Thanks

[QUOTE=galaril;157943]When does this occur week 2? I have used in the previous season and have had the team set to option offense/ 4-3 defense. But, I see in the new season expectations that my team is vertical passing and a 4-4 defense:confused: This is during week 1. So does that mean my gameplans are screwed up for the coming season even if I select the option and 4-3 in week 2 of the season?[/QUOTE] Did you have the AI set to handle gameplans? If so, it would have chosen a new offense for you during camp. Are you in week 2 of camp or the season?

Archived