Setting Playing Time

Just to clarify, when I set the starters playing time under off & def gameplans, the computer handles all ingame substitutions for me based on these %s, even if I check the handle subtitutions box? There are times I might want to make certain switches, but for the most part I want the AI to pull certain players when they are at 75%, etc. And on that note, how tired do you allow your players to get before subbing out? Thanks everyone!

[QUOTE=adgnash;157216]Just to clarify, when I set the starters playing time under off & def gameplans, the computer handles all ingame substitutions for me based on these %s, even if I check the handle subtitutions box? There are times I might want to make certain switches, but for the most part I want the AI to pull certain players when they are at 75%, etc. And on that note, how tired do you allow your players to get before subbing out? Thanks everyone![/QUOTE] I thought that number was a percentage of the snaps you want the starters to take. I didn't know you could tell cpu to take them out when they're x amount of energy. I'm a bit confused as to how that all works anyway. Before the game, I'll set my depth chart and then when the game starts my starting tailback is second string and other stuff has been changed too. Does the gameplay override the depth chart?

[QUOTE=adgnash;157216]Just to clarify, when I set the starters playing time under off & def gameplans, the computer handles all ingame substitutions for me based on these %s, even if I check the handle subtitutions box? There are times I might want to make certain switches, but for the most part I want the AI to pull certain players when they are at 75%, etc. And on that note, how tired do you allow your players to get before subbing out? Thanks everyone![/QUOTE] I thought that number was a percentage of the snaps you want the starters to take. I didn't know you could tell cpu to take them out when they're x amount of energy. I'm a bit confused as to how that all works anyway. Before the game, I'll set my depth chart and then when the game starts my starting tailback is second string and other stuff has been changed too. Does the gameplay override the depth chart?

[QUOTE=littlechris1977;157546]I thought that number was a percentage of the snaps you want the starters to take. I didn't know you could tell cpu to take them out when they're x amount of energy. I'm a bit confused as to how that all works anyway. Before the game, I'll set my depth chart and then when the game starts my starting tailback is second string and other stuff has been changed too. Does the gameplay override the depth chart?[/QUOTE] Yeah - I noticed that to, which prompted me to uncheck having the cpu handling the in-game substitutions. However, by unchecking this option do I need to handle the subbing due to fatigue or does the cpu still handle that based on the % of snaps I set in the gameplan? From what I can tell, I have to manually do it which is ok. Please confirm. Thx

[QUOTE=littlechris1977;157546]I thought that number was a percentage of the snaps you want the starters to take. I didn't know you could tell cpu to take them out when they're x amount of energy. I'm a bit confused as to how that all works anyway. Before the game, I'll set my depth chart and then when the game starts my starting tailback is second string and other stuff has been changed too. Does the gameplay override the depth chart?[/QUOTE] Yeah - I noticed that to, which prompted me to uncheck having the cpu handling the in-game substitutions. However, by unchecking this option do I need to handle the subbing due to fatigue or does the cpu still handle that based on the % of snaps I set in the gameplan? From what I can tell, I have to manually do it which is ok. Please confirm. Thx

[QUOTE=galaril;157920]Ok now I am confused about this. Does the AI take plays out when they are tired or not?[/QUOTE] It seems to me that if I have "CPU sub" activated, the AI looks at the fatigue level and skill of the players, and if the guy in the lineup gets so tired that his sub, who's rested, would be more effective, the sub will come in for a few plays.

[QUOTE=galaril;157920]Ok now I am confused about this. Does the AI take plays out when they are tired or not?[/QUOTE] It seems to me that if I have "CPU sub" activated, the AI looks at the fatigue level and skill of the players, and if the guy in the lineup gets so tired that his sub, who's rested, would be more effective, the sub will come in for a few plays.

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=I. J. Reilly;158208]When simming the games, how do you insure that your young guys get on the field during a blow out? I really don't want to have to coach every 45 point win all the way to the end, but is that the only way to get the bottom of the depth chart some playing time?[/QUOTE] Im pretty sure it is the only way. Even if you have your HB3 set to say 10%, he may get those 10% of the snaps in the 1st quarter. There is really no way to say to only use them in the 4th (from what I can see)

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=I. J. Reilly;158208]When simming the games, how do you insure that your young guys get on the field during a blow out? I really don't want to have to coach every 45 point win all the way to the end, but is that the only way to get the bottom of the depth chart some playing time?[/QUOTE] Im pretty sure it is the only way. Even if you have your HB3 set to say 10%, he may get those 10% of the snaps in the 1st quarter. There is really no way to say to only use them in the 4th (from what I can see)

Archived