How many extra teams can be added to Div 1-A

There is a seperate stats file in the Saves folder once you've started a career. You can modify it and changes will be effective immediately. [QUOTE=GTMarc;160230]Cool. This is good to know for my own stuff. I may go add some teams now to flesh things out a bit. Is it possible to do this to the Stats.dat file in a save once a game is started? And, as a related question, is it possible to change the number of teams in a conference in a save of a game that's already been started. In my mod, I arranged teams in conferences by region. All 12 team conferences at the top. But some smaller conferences of the left-over lower prestige teams. In some regions, I wouldn't mind adding a few teams to flesh this out. So maybe some 1-AA teams get promoted in my fictional world. I'm also doing conference movement by hand to get the system I want. I want the winner of a lower league to automatically move up the next season, which is a bit different from Arlie's system. In the system I'd really want, the number of teams in these bottom regional conferences might change a bit from year to year depending on what's happening in the conference above them. So that's why I'd like to be able to take a save game and edit the number of teams in a conference. But I don't see the equivalent of a "conferences" table in the saved game files like I see in Pstats.dat.[/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
I think for reality's sake, it is may be best left alone for authentic games. No point trying to cram too many teams in your game as it would make your season far too long to end, never mind quick sim season as you would miss out a lot of info during season but you can do a lot of editing as you know what you doing. As the game (seasons) goes on and on, you would end up with a very large data files in the saved files or somewhere as it would crank up the pcu volume (as seen in task manager) too much and might crash the game. But, go on, the game is made for you to edit to your benefit but as in every game or any game, there is a limit to what you can do and can't do.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Can anyone confirm or deny whether a much higher # of teams (or conferences for that matter) will work? I am thinking of a "MEGA-MOD" which would combine FBS and FCS for a grand total of 242 teams!!! However if the game simply can't handle this then I would obviously like to know now so I don't waste time planning it. Furthermore, I would test this myself except I am still having a decent amount of trouble with Open Office. It gives me an error when trying to save a new record (row) in the conferences table, although the teams table seems to work fine. However, even if i just mess with the teams file a little bit, I am getting an error when I copy the pstats.dat (and psetup.dat) back into the BBCF and try to create a new league, i.e. the game doesn't seem to recognize the file anymore? Can anyone help me out here with any Open Office tricks?

As I just posted under another thread, mods for re-arranged conferences, new I-A teams (such as South Alabama), and I-AA teams are available at simnation.net. Click on mods/downloads at the top of the page. My download for the new conference structures and new teams has worked fine.

[QUOTE=canaveral;1704040]As I just posted under another thread, mods for re-arranged conferences, new I-A teams (such as South Alabama), and I-AA teams are available at simnation.net. Click on mods/downloads at the top of the page. My download for the new conference structures and new teams has worked fine.[/QUOTE] Looks like a great website, but not what i'm looking for Anyone know of a higher # of teams (140+) or conferences (14+) that either works or doesn't ? I know i can get the editing done on MS Access at my work

[QUOTE=canaveral;1704040]As I just posted under another thread, mods for re-arranged conferences, new I-A teams (such as South Alabama), and I-AA teams are available at simnation.net. Click on mods/downloads at the top of the page. My download for the new conference structures and new teams has worked fine.[/QUOTE] GAH! I wish that 1aa mod worked. Bethune Cookman played 15 reg season games. 2 conf did not have conf games played.

Archived