Conference tiebreakers?

Wondering about the game's tiebreaking procedures in determining who goes to which bowl. As far as I can tell, in real-life, each conference has its own system for determining standings. The Pac-10, for instance, uses the system below. I believe you get a scholarship to Stanford if you can follow it. What system does BB use? Pacific-10 Conference Rose Bowl Selection Procedures If a Conference team is ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) ranking system it shall participate in the National Championship Game designated by the BCS. If that is not the case, the following procedures will determine the Pacific-10 Rose Bowl Representative. The Pacific-10 Rose Bowl representative shall be that member's team with the best won-lost percentage record in Conference games. If, however, the records in Conference games of two or more members are identical, determination of the Rose Bowl representative shall be as follows: a. Two-Team Tie. The winner of the game between the two teams shall be the representative. b. Multiple-Team Ties. (1) When three or more teams are tied in Conference play, if one has defeated all others, it shall be the Rose Bowl representative. If that is not the case, a comparison of the tied teams' records against the other tied teams shall be made and the team having the best record against the other tied teams shall be the Rose Bowl representative. If two or more teams are still tied after this comparison, the appropriate two-team or multiple-team tie-breaking procedures shall be repeated among those teams still under consideration. (2) If more than two teams are still tied after the process above is completed, each remaining tied team's record against the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings shall be compared, with the procedure continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, each team's collective record against the tied teams as a group shall be used. If at any point in the process the multiple-team tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie-breaking procedure shall be applied. If more than two teams are still tied after comparing their records all the way through the Conference standings, the team among the tied teams with the highest ranking in the final BCS standings shall be the Rose Bowl representative. If a tie remains, the teams most recently earning Rose Bowl or Bowl Championship Series automatic selection shall be eliminated.

Whooo-hooo! Stanford here I come. :) That's easy to follow. :) Of course, I've got a degree in Nuclear Engineering from Ga Tech ... so I may not be a good judge of how complicated this really is. Actually, it seems to make sense and to be a fair and reasonable way of settling the tie .... which kinda amazes me! I don't expect "fair" or "reasonable" from anything in college football. :) That its a football scholarship is ok ... I can't play, but neither can the rest of the guys on scholarship, so I'll fit right in.

Whooo-hooo! Stanford here I come. :) That's easy to follow. :) Of course, I've got a degree in Nuclear Engineering from Ga Tech ... so I may not be a good judge of how complicated this really is. Actually, it seems to make sense and to be a fair and reasonable way of settling the tie .... which kinda amazes me! I don't expect "fair" or "reasonable" from anything in college football. :) That its a football scholarship is ok ... I can't play, but neither can the rest of the guys on scholarship, so I'll fit right in.

If the football team doesn't work out, the marching band is always looking for trombone players who can take a hit against Cal. ;) Which brings me to the original question... The Pac-10 Rose Bowl tiebreaking system seems to be something like this: 1) Conference record 2) Head-to-head record 3) Record against the #1 team(s) in the conference 4) Record against the #2 team(s) in the conference etc... etc... 13) BCS rating 14) Years since last Rose Bowl appearance But I'm not sure that Bowl Bound follows this procedure. This occurred a couple of times in my game when two teams that didn't play each other in the regular season ended up tied for first place (at 7-1). The tiebreaker *should* have been the record against the #3 team in the conference, but it didn't turn out that way. Anyone else notice something similar with tiebreakers?

If the football team doesn't work out, the marching band is always looking for trombone players who can take a hit against Cal. ;) Which brings me to the original question... The Pac-10 Rose Bowl tiebreaking system seems to be something like this: 1) Conference record 2) Head-to-head record 3) Record against the #1 team(s) in the conference 4) Record against the #2 team(s) in the conference etc... etc... 13) BCS rating 14) Years since last Rose Bowl appearance But I'm not sure that Bowl Bound follows this procedure. This occurred a couple of times in my game when two teams that didn't play each other in the regular season ended up tied for first place (at 7-1). The tiebreaker *should* have been the record against the #3 team in the conference, but it didn't turn out that way. Anyone else notice something similar with tiebreakers?

Archived