Tips..

Work on high percentage moves until you've got momentum on your side, then toss in a high or finisher move once in awhile. Look at the percentage of success for moves, because it matters a lot. If you're going to use medium level moves a lot like I do, you need to focus on the ones with a higher success percentage.

Work on high percentage moves until you've got momentum on your side, then toss in a high or finisher move once in awhile. Look at the percentage of success for moves, because it matters a lot. If you're going to use medium level moves a lot like I do, you need to focus on the ones with a higher success percentage.

lol, i have no idea what my win/loss is, but i know its pitiful. I did, however, defeat Sabu in a first blood match =]. my first match, i lost 2/3 falls to Owen Hart, and I've lost to Flyin' Brian as well =], no shame there. Stupid ASW, always books Chris Colt & I against The Killers, I think out of a possible 8 times facing them, we've won once.

lol, i have no idea what my win/loss is, but i know its pitiful. I did, however, defeat Sabu in a first blood match =]. my first match, i lost 2/3 falls to Owen Hart, and I've lost to Flyin' Brian as well =], no shame there. Stupid ASW, always books Chris Colt & I against The Killers, I think out of a possible 8 times facing them, we've won once.

Sound like my series against the Zambuie Express - me and Chris Adams against two Big Show-a-likes... When I finally won a match, the series ended. I think the game went into shock. I'd have been delighted with an 8-23 record when I started in this game. I think I lost my first thirty or so matches, bar a tag win with Jerry Lawler and a DQ win over Steve Williams. Anyway, if you're struggling, find a regular partner and hope you get booked together a lot. Even someone with 30-40% energy at the start of a match is a formidable ally to have on your side, and you can use them to win the match virtually on their own. (Just don't do what I once did, get ****y and tag yourself back into the match near the end - with about 2% energy and no momentum, I missed my finisher and lost the match :rolleyes:) You may have to split the purse with them, but 40% of $1200 is better than 20% of $600... Work on raising your character's fighting stats at first. Basics and the technical stats were my main expenditure in my first year, and I got them all up to B+, by which time I was winning more and more regularly. However, even with that on my side, my average is still only around 50-55%. Until you get near the top of the card, you'll mostly be facing people with the same or better stats then you, and that means you're going to have a tough fight ahead. And if you get near the top of the card in one fed, you may start near the bottom if you move on - especially in DOTT, where everything is regional. I've hit a bit of a glass ceiling in my current game, unable to get past the lower midcard in any of my feds, as everyone above me is a lot better than me. That can be disheartening - but nailing Invader 1, or Junkyard Dog, or whoever with a Roundhouse Kick for a clean pin is a big buzz (when it happens...).

Sound like my series against the Zambuie Express - me and Chris Adams against two Big Show-a-likes... When I finally won a match, the series ended. I think the game went into shock. I'd have been delighted with an 8-23 record when I started in this game. I think I lost my first thirty or so matches, bar a tag win with Jerry Lawler and a DQ win over Steve Williams. Anyway, if you're struggling, find a regular partner and hope you get booked together a lot. Even someone with 30-40% energy at the start of a match is a formidable ally to have on your side, and you can use them to win the match virtually on their own. (Just don't do what I once did, get ****y and tag yourself back into the match near the end - with about 2% energy and no momentum, I missed my finisher and lost the match :rolleyes:) You may have to split the purse with them, but 40% of $1200 is better than 20% of $600... Work on raising your character's fighting stats at first. Basics and the technical stats were my main expenditure in my first year, and I got them all up to B+, by which time I was winning more and more regularly. However, even with that on my side, my average is still only around 50-55%. Until you get near the top of the card, you'll mostly be facing people with the same or better stats then you, and that means you're going to have a tough fight ahead. And if you get near the top of the card in one fed, you may start near the bottom if you move on - especially in DOTT, where everything is regional. I've hit a bit of a glass ceiling in my current game, unable to get past the lower midcard in any of my feds, as everyone above me is a lot better than me. That can be disheartening - but nailing Invader 1, or Junkyard Dog, or whoever with a Roundhouse Kick for a clean pin is a big buzz (when it happens...).

In two months, I'm now 12/14, lol. It could have something to do with the fact that when I started it, I chose the highest one, lol. EDIT: I actually didn't lose to Brian Pillman, I went back and checked, and I actually beat him. Back when I was working for CSW.

In two months, I'm now 12/14, lol. It could have something to do with the fact that when I started it, I chose the highest one, lol. EDIT: I actually didn't lose to Brian Pillman, I went back and checked, and I actually beat him. Back when I was working for CSW.

Archived