I was wondering if the AI can properly simulate something like Wrestlemania as the HUGE ppv that it is creating more buys than any other ppv of the year as it does in real life. That also brings up, is advertising changed? Will we be able to hype the ppv more to create more buys? I liked the old system of how the PPVs were Enormous, Huge, or whatever it was.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=coldheat422;157605]I've put on A+ shows for Wrestlemania and Backlash and Judgment Day had more viewers. Inform me, what is the perfect show theory? There is no such thing as a perfect show to me, nothing is ever PERFECT.[/QUOTE] He's talking about the new modification in 2007 version. The Perfect show is when you grab them from the first segment, then put some not so hot segments in for a bit, then back to more action, and so forth till it boils up to the main event being the hottest. Thats the ideal, and what alot of people do anyways (especially REAL wrestling promotions). Far as PPV's are concerned. Yes Wrestlemania is the highest rated PPV for WWE. The first one was not a PPV event, but Closed Circuit Television (I believe thats how they said it). It was huge, and number 3 was the biggest. They started with one HUGE event though, and as the years came, they added to it. Wrestlemania for a couple of years, then adding the Royal Rumble and other favorites as time went by, and finally having a PPV every month, and sometimes twice a month. So in essense, what I am saying is, Yes, it's the biggest event. I don't know if you can simulate that kind of history in the TEW game though. Maybe someone else can answer a question for me that has tried. If you start with just one PPV every year for a couple of years, does that PPV ultimately end up the fan favorite (providing you really suped it up)? That is another reason why Wrestlemania is bigger as well. They hype that one PPV up more then any other PPV they ever hold.

[QUOTE=coldheat422;157605]I've put on A+ shows for Wrestlemania and Backlash and Judgment Day had more viewers. Inform me, what is the perfect show theory? There is no such thing as a perfect show to me, nothing is ever PERFECT.[/QUOTE] He's talking about the new modification in 2007 version. The Perfect show is when you grab them from the first segment, then put some not so hot segments in for a bit, then back to more action, and so forth till it boils up to the main event being the hottest. Thats the ideal, and what alot of people do anyways (especially REAL wrestling promotions). Far as PPV's are concerned. Yes Wrestlemania is the highest rated PPV for WWE. The first one was not a PPV event, but Closed Circuit Television (I believe thats how they said it). It was huge, and number 3 was the biggest. They started with one HUGE event though, and as the years came, they added to it. Wrestlemania for a couple of years, then adding the Royal Rumble and other favorites as time went by, and finally having a PPV every month, and sometimes twice a month. So in essense, what I am saying is, Yes, it's the biggest event. I don't know if you can simulate that kind of history in the TEW game though. Maybe someone else can answer a question for me that has tried. If you start with just one PPV every year for a couple of years, does that PPV ultimately end up the fan favorite (providing you really suped it up)? That is another reason why Wrestlemania is bigger as well. They hype that one PPV up more then any other PPV they ever hold.

Ok, but it still doesn't answer what I want. Obviously I want to try to do the perfect show theory for every show. If I did it for Mania and all my other ppv's, Manias buyrates could be lower than the other ppv's. How do I break that with Mania while doing my best to make the other ppv's good?

Ok, but it still doesn't answer what I want. Obviously I want to try to do the perfect show theory for every show. If I did it for Mania and all my other ppv's, Manias buyrates could be lower than the other ppv's. How do I break that with Mania while doing my best to make the other ppv's good?

[QUOTE=Thomnipotent;157630]This is why the PPV sizes are in 05 -- so you can make WM huge and the rest a step down from that. Also, try booking hotter WM matches; that may draw larger crowds. Treat it like the largest show you'll throw all year and it'll be the largest show you'll throw all year.[/QUOTE] Actually Thom, you might wanna go back and look at show sizing in 05. Pay per view is the largest size category available (Small - Medium - Big - Huge - Pay Per View) so there are no 'ppv sizes' in 05. I don't think it's possible to simulate a Wrestlemania type of show, since to do so, the AI promotions would have to pretty much gimp their previous PPVs or build all their storylines around that one show being the focal point. Although, it is very possible (and pretty damn easy IMO) to create a WM type show as a human booker (at least in 05). It involves manipulating storylines and worker momentum and overness to produce matches with high (B+ or better) heat when advance booked. For a human booker, doing that should be fairly simple if it's truly their desire to create a 'Card of the Year' candidate show (which is essentially what WM and Bound for Glory type shows are meant to be, from a financial/popularity standpoint). Not so sure the AI can do that, but only because I haven't noticed the AI putting on the best matches for their PPVs. I mean honestly, how does SWF and TCW put on B rated PPVs with the people they have? Many people can probably relate stories of WWE in their games putting on stinkers as well.

[QUOTE=Thomnipotent;157630]This is why the PPV sizes are in 05 -- so you can make WM huge and the rest a step down from that. Also, try booking hotter WM matches; that may draw larger crowds. Treat it like the largest show you'll throw all year and it'll be the largest show you'll throw all year.[/QUOTE] Actually Thom, you might wanna go back and look at show sizing in 05. Pay per view is the largest size category available (Small - Medium - Big - Huge - Pay Per View) so there are no 'ppv sizes' in 05. I don't think it's possible to simulate a Wrestlemania type of show, since to do so, the AI promotions would have to pretty much gimp their previous PPVs or build all their storylines around that one show being the focal point. Although, it is very possible (and pretty damn easy IMO) to create a WM type show as a human booker (at least in 05). It involves manipulating storylines and worker momentum and overness to produce matches with high (B+ or better) heat when advance booked. For a human booker, doing that should be fairly simple if it's truly their desire to create a 'Card of the Year' candidate show (which is essentially what WM and Bound for Glory type shows are meant to be, from a financial/popularity standpoint). Not so sure the AI can do that, but only because I haven't noticed the AI putting on the best matches for their PPVs. I mean honestly, how does SWF and TCW put on B rated PPVs with the people they have? Many people can probably relate stories of WWE in their games putting on stinkers as well.

In my current game, I just hit global... and at the same time WWE went from global to cult (HOW). I wanted to figure out how that happened, and I checked with the editor... Seems WWE was around 60% everywhere, then the last two shows were kind of bad (not the worse, but rated something like C- on both shows). I guess the international status means you have to be 65% in your home, and something like 40% everywhere else, and the National is 65% in home (all home). Yet global is 60%+ in at least 4 regions. So when they lost the 60% in most the countries (including the states), they went from global to cult... Or at least thats the only thing I can think of. The reason it was so hard for me to figure out though, is because when I was National, I went from National to Cult and back so many times... And it's much harder to make up for what you lost:-( However, I was going up in ALL reagions at the same time, So I jumped from National to Internation to global alot faster then it took me to break from the National/cult dilemma I was having. I wish I would have gave my promotion more overness to start, keeping my National level borderline to internation instead of Cult, lol. It's really easy for me to put on stinky shows... and I lost a major network somehow? I think because I showed the same show on another network at the same time (I didn't mean to, just happened), the Bigger network backed out on me. I don't see anything about it though, and to be honest, I'm not sure if thats what happened. So now I only have one show that is really big:( The other show is rating lower then Smackdown because it's on such a small network ( although showing almost everywhere). Oops, Sorry for going off topic. But yeah, seems TNA is destined to put on B- shows, and WWE is still putting on C type shows. I just hired alot of TNA big names and alot of WWE smaller names that they got rid of from going to cult status.

In my current game, I just hit global... and at the same time WWE went from global to cult (HOW). I wanted to figure out how that happened, and I checked with the editor... Seems WWE was around 60% everywhere, then the last two shows were kind of bad (not the worse, but rated something like C- on both shows). I guess the international status means you have to be 65% in your home, and something like 40% everywhere else, and the National is 65% in home (all home). Yet global is 60%+ in at least 4 regions. So when they lost the 60% in most the countries (including the states), they went from global to cult... Or at least thats the only thing I can think of. The reason it was so hard for me to figure out though, is because when I was National, I went from National to Cult and back so many times... And it's much harder to make up for what you lost:-( However, I was going up in ALL reagions at the same time, So I jumped from National to Internation to global alot faster then it took me to break from the National/cult dilemma I was having. I wish I would have gave my promotion more overness to start, keeping my National level borderline to internation instead of Cult, lol. It's really easy for me to put on stinky shows... and I lost a major network somehow? I think because I showed the same show on another network at the same time (I didn't mean to, just happened), the Bigger network backed out on me. I don't see anything about it though, and to be honest, I'm not sure if thats what happened. So now I only have one show that is really big:( The other show is rating lower then Smackdown because it's on such a small network ( although showing almost everywhere). Oops, Sorry for going off topic. But yeah, seems TNA is destined to put on B- shows, and WWE is still putting on C type shows. I just hired alot of TNA big names and alot of WWE smaller names that they got rid of from going to cult status.

I have two ideas on this subject. 1. You could have an option to designate "your wrestlemania" this could be a tick box where you would designate one show as your main show of the year. This along with other factor could influence your buyrate or attendance for that show. 2. Show prestige. In this way you could create your own wrestlemania. It could be based on the longevity of the PPV (the reason WM, SSlam, SSEries, and RR are considered the main shows) and its quality history.This could also be a negative impact... see Great American Bash. Also, the promotions size would have an impact as a brand new PPV by WWE would prob still be considered more prestigious than than the ECWA Super 8.

I have two ideas on this subject. 1. You could have an option to designate "your wrestlemania" this could be a tick box where you would designate one show as your main show of the year. This along with other factor could influence your buyrate or attendance for that show. 2. Show prestige. In this way you could create your own wrestlemania. It could be based on the longevity of the PPV (the reason WM, SSlam, SSEries, and RR are considered the main shows) and its quality history.This could also be a negative impact... see Great American Bash. Also, the promotions size would have an impact as a brand new PPV by WWE would prob still be considered more prestigious than than the ECWA Super 8.

I really do think that all of you are missing the whole point of TEW. To get your biggest show of the year, you actually have to work for it at the moment, and all these suggestions for tick boxes etc, all they do is make things very simplistic. In real life - ask yourself why Wrestlemania is the biggest WWE PPV of the year? The answer is becuse they HYPE it as such. For the last couple of months on RAW and Smackdown, there have been hype videos about Wrestlemania next year. As soon as we get to the Royal Rumble, the hype is everywhere that the winner of the rumble will face one of the world champions etc In game terms, this is done by good ADVANCE BOOKING, which increases the buyrate of the PPV. So you need to actually plan your booking so that the biggest matches at your biggest PPV have very good heat ratings. And how do you do that? You need to manage your storylines so that the wrestlers involved go into Mania with excellent momentum, and you can't just do that the day before the event - there's got to be a long(ish) term build up to it. Do you think that Wrestlemania would be the biggest PPV if it wasn't mentioned and hyped everywhere until a week beforehand? No. So very simply - this whole suggestion seems to be aimed at making the game soooo ridiculously simple, rather than the user actually having to use a little bit of brain power and imagination to create his own mega PPV. (Apologies if anyone thinks I am trying to create an argument - I just feel that none of you seem to have quite thought this through as fully as you could have done)

I really do think that all of you are missing the whole point of TEW. To get your biggest show of the year, you actually have to work for it at the moment, and all these suggestions for tick boxes etc, all they do is make things very simplistic. In real life - ask yourself why Wrestlemania is the biggest WWE PPV of the year? The answer is becuse they HYPE it as such. For the last couple of months on RAW and Smackdown, there have been hype videos about Wrestlemania next year. As soon as we get to the Royal Rumble, the hype is everywhere that the winner of the rumble will face one of the world champions etc In game terms, this is done by good ADVANCE BOOKING, which increases the buyrate of the PPV. So you need to actually plan your booking so that the biggest matches at your biggest PPV have very good heat ratings. And how do you do that? You need to manage your storylines so that the wrestlers involved go into Mania with excellent momentum, and you can't just do that the day before the event - there's got to be a long(ish) term build up to it. Do you think that Wrestlemania would be the biggest PPV if it wasn't mentioned and hyped everywhere until a week beforehand? No. So very simply - this whole suggestion seems to be aimed at making the game soooo ridiculously simple, rather than the user actually having to use a little bit of brain power and imagination to create his own mega PPV. (Apologies if anyone thinks I am trying to create an argument - I just feel that none of you seem to have quite thought this through as fully as you could have done)

Rob4590, you hit it on the nail. They are already hyping wrestlemania for next year, and they still have December, January and Feb. to go still. At least 3 or 4 more PPV event's before Wrestlemania, yet tickets for Wrestlemania start in like 7 days. The idea, or premise of this game, in my opinion. Is you can have your Once a Year big event, or......... You can have as many as you want, as your "Main Events". TEW allows a promotion to make each of their PPV's as big as wrestlemania. Rob is exactly write about real life, Imagine if you started YOUR Wrestlemania type Booking 3 months in advance? And as you get closer the "Heat" for all your match's gets higher and higher. You would have enormous turnout for it.

Rob4590, you hit it on the nail. They are already hyping wrestlemania for next year, and they still have December, January and Feb. to go still. At least 3 or 4 more PPV event's before Wrestlemania, yet tickets for Wrestlemania start in like 7 days. The idea, or premise of this game, in my opinion. Is you can have your Once a Year big event, or......... You can have as many as you want, as your "Main Events". TEW allows a promotion to make each of their PPV's as big as wrestlemania. Rob is exactly write about real life, Imagine if you started YOUR Wrestlemania type Booking 3 months in advance? And as you get closer the "Heat" for all your match's gets higher and higher. You would have enormous turnout for it.

Archived