This will make gameplay so much more absorbing for lower level feds. It also means shooting for that next grade will no longer be a huge slog no matter what level you are at. I know that its purely how the information is presented to us that has changed but i am very pleased that had been implemented - roll on release date!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I think it will make a difference to bigger feds. At the moment, it is pretty easy to get A/A* matches (and angles), but with the smaller top grades, it will make it more of an acheivement to get an A* match, and therefore also to get an A* show.

Personally I think it will make a difference to bigger feds. At the moment, it is pretty easy to get A/A* matches (and angles), but with the smaller top grades, it will make it more of an acheivement to get an A* match, and therefore also to get an A* show.

[QUOTE=panix04;157692]This will make gameplay so much more absorbing for lower level feds. It also means shooting for that next grade will no longer be a huge slog no matter what level you are at. I know that its purely how the information is presented to us that has changed but i am very pleased that had been implemented - roll on release date![/QUOTE] I don't know about no effect, since the grade's seem to transcend into the match's as well. Outside of that, I couldn't aggree with you more. I like to start smaller promotions, but I get sooooooooooo bored so quickly with them. It seems you remain an F in everything for so long before getting that awesome E rating. With F-, F, and F+, it will make it seem like your getting somewhere alot faster then before.

[QUOTE=panix04;157692]This will make gameplay so much more absorbing for lower level feds. It also means shooting for that next grade will no longer be a huge slog no matter what level you are at. I know that its purely how the information is presented to us that has changed but i am very pleased that had been implemented - roll on release date![/QUOTE] I don't know about no effect, since the grade's seem to transcend into the match's as well. Outside of that, I couldn't aggree with you more. I like to start smaller promotions, but I get sooooooooooo bored so quickly with them. It seems you remain an F in everything for so long before getting that awesome E rating. With F-, F, and F+, it will make it seem like your getting somewhere alot faster then before.

Yeah I agree on both big promotions and small ones. For the former it will not be as common to have A* matches and for that small local promotion struggling for 20 fans at Stanley Hall, it will feel like you are actually gaining some ground instead of having to check the editor like getting up early on Christmas morning to see if Santa came :D

Yeah I agree on both big promotions and small ones. For the former it will not be as common to have A* matches and for that small local promotion struggling for 20 fans at Stanley Hall, it will feel like you are actually gaining some ground instead of having to check the editor like getting up early on Christmas morning to see if Santa came :D

[QUOTE=Rob4590;157751]Personally I think it will make a difference to bigger feds. At the moment, it is pretty easy to get A/A* matches (and angles), but with the smaller top grades, it will make it more of an acheivement to get an A* match, and therefore also to get an A* show.[/QUOTE] But I like the effect this will have on both areas. For example, with more grade categories, it makes it less likely to have a dozen people with A overness worldwide (or even just in North America) all on one promotion's roster (not naming names :p). That in and of itself led to the ability to put on A* matches and shows at the drop of a hat. This is one of those changes to the game's systems that I'm more excited about. It's cosmetic, yes, but there's going to be a pretty significant ripple effect from this change, I think.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;157751]Personally I think it will make a difference to bigger feds. At the moment, it is pretty easy to get A/A* matches (and angles), but with the smaller top grades, it will make it more of an acheivement to get an A* match, and therefore also to get an A* show.[/QUOTE] But I like the effect this will have on both areas. For example, with more grade categories, it makes it less likely to have a dozen people with A overness worldwide (or even just in North America) all on one promotion's roster (not naming names :p). That in and of itself led to the ability to put on A* matches and shows at the drop of a hat. This is one of those changes to the game's systems that I'm more excited about. It's cosmetic, yes, but there's going to be a pretty significant ripple effect from this change, I think.

[QUOTE=Remianen;157773]But I like the effect this will have on both areas. For example, with more grade categories, it makes it less likely to have a dozen people with A overness worldwide (or even just in North America) all on one promotion's roster (not naming names :p). That in and of itself led to the ability to put on A* matches and shows at the drop of a hat. This is one of those changes to the game's systems that I'm more excited about. It's cosmetic, yes, but there's going to be a pretty significant ripple effect from this change, I think.[/QUOTE] But the thing is, it will actually be the exact same match :p So nothing really changes except the graphic that is shown to represent the grade of the match.

[QUOTE=Remianen;157773]But I like the effect this will have on both areas. For example, with more grade categories, it makes it less likely to have a dozen people with A overness worldwide (or even just in North America) all on one promotion's roster (not naming names :p). That in and of itself led to the ability to put on A* matches and shows at the drop of a hat. This is one of those changes to the game's systems that I'm more excited about. It's cosmetic, yes, but there's going to be a pretty significant ripple effect from this change, I think.[/QUOTE] But the thing is, it will actually be the exact same match :p So nothing really changes except the graphic that is shown to represent the grade of the match.

I have to give this thumbs down, but [b]only[/b] because it's silly to have F- and F+. I can't get past the fact that F usually means "Flunk", and has no better or worse grade. Not cool. F- and F+ should be removed or changed. The rest, though, can stay, no problem. Actually, Mr. Ryland, if you see this, I can suggest something that might work, and it would be far cooler. Check it, the grades should go like this: F E- E E+ D- D D+ C- C C+ B- B B+ A- A A+ S This means we exchange F- and F+ for A- and S. S, of course, means "Super" or "Superb", and in many several graded games I've seen, stats can go to S as the top-of-the-line. This would be far more fitty. It's purely cosmetic of course. I think think the idea of an F- and F+ is completely silly. The basic idea of more grades with smaller divisions is a good one. It just needs some [i]tweaking[/i] for the sake of coolness. I can't be alone in thinking F- and F+ are silly ideas.

I have to give this thumbs down, but [b]only[/b] because it's silly to have F- and F+. I can't get past the fact that F usually means "Flunk", and has no better or worse grade. Not cool. F- and F+ should be removed or changed. The rest, though, can stay, no problem. Actually, Mr. Ryland, if you see this, I can suggest something that might work, and it would be far cooler. Check it, the grades should go like this: F E- E E+ D- D D+ C- C C+ B- B B+ A- A A+ S This means we exchange F- and F+ for A- and S. S, of course, means "Super" or "Superb", and in many several graded games I've seen, stats can go to S as the top-of-the-line. This would be far more fitty. It's purely cosmetic of course. I think think the idea of an F- and F+ is completely silly. The basic idea of more grades with smaller divisions is a good one. It just needs some [i]tweaking[/i] for the sake of coolness. I can't be alone in thinking F- and F+ are silly ideas.

At the very least A- would be nice. I also have trouble wrapping my mind around the idea of "F-". it's all cosmetic mind you, but it still seems goofy to have a scale like this without A- and with "F-". I still would like the option of using an alternate mask or scale for attributes and ratings though. A 1-20 numerical alternative woud be very, very sweet.

At the very least A- would be nice. I also have trouble wrapping my mind around the idea of "F-". it's all cosmetic mind you, but it still seems goofy to have a scale like this without A- and with "F-". I still would like the option of using an alternate mask or scale for attributes and ratings though. A 1-20 numerical alternative woud be very, very sweet.

Archived