The amazing growing recruiting class

I recently saw something happen during the recruiting process that puzzled me. My Penn State team went into the offseason with 11 scholarships to give. I took one transfer, so that left me with 10. When I got to week 16, I was fairly happy with my efforts so far, so I decided to see what would happen if I let the computer handle my last couple weeks. When I looked at my final list of committed players, I noticed that I had FIFTEEN players in my incoming class! None of them were walkons, either. Where did these five mysterious players come from? None of them were particularly good players: three 1-star guys, and two 2-star players. There are still four 3-star players who are very interested in playing for the Nittany Lions (interest 9 and 10) left unsigned. Where did these last five guys come from, and how did they get scholarship offers? Thanks!

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble;157925]Did you have any guys leave early for the draft?[/QUOTE] As soon as I posted here, I thought about that. I had one guy leave early, so that would have freed up one more schollie. That still leaves four mystery men, though. Thanks for the reply, Franklin. :)

[QUOTE=FranklinNoble;157925]Did you have any guys leave early for the draft?[/QUOTE] As soon as I posted here, I thought about that. I had one guy leave early, so that would have freed up one more schollie. That still leaves four mystery men, though. Thanks for the reply, Franklin. :)

Archived