Undertaker's Title History

jonlawson

Just found this on WWE.com,....Man, this man has done alot....:D In over 15 years of dominance, Undertaker is no stranger to WWE championship gold. Just a year after his debut at Survivor Series, Undertaker defeated WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan for his first of four WWE Championships. The Deadman is also a 6-time former World Tag Team Champion, as well as a former Hardcore Champion. [B]WWE CHAMPIONSHIP (4 times)[/B] 11/27/1991, Survivor Series: def. Hulk Hogan 3/23/1997, WrestleMania 13: def. Sid 5/23/1999, Over the Edge: def. Stone Cold Steve Austin 5/19/02, Judgment Day: def. Hulk Hogan [B]WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (6 times)[/B] 7/26/1998, Fully Loaded: with Stone Cold Steve Austin, def. Kane & Mankind 8/22/1999, SummerSlam: with Big Show, def. Kane & X-Pac 9/9/1999, SmackDown: with Big Show, def. Mankind & The Rock in a Buried Alive Match 12/18/2000, Monday Night RAW: with The Rock, def. Edge & Christian 4/19/2001, SmackDown: with Kane, def. Edge & Christian 8/19/2001, SummerSlam: with Kane, def. Kanyon & Diamond Dallas Page in a Steel Cage Match [B]HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP (1 time)[/B] 12/9/2001, Vengeance: def. Rob Van Dam

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=wooodaddy;157978]nice work, and don't forget his titles in the WCW/NWA.. wow, he's accomplished a lot...[/QUOTE] Actually he only has three non WWF/E title reigns. And one was the WCW tag title which he won while it was being booked by WWE. The other two were the USWA Texas Heavyweight Championship, won by forfeit, held for about 2 weeks, (i think it might have been called the WCWA Texas Heavyweight Title at the time, not sure though it was called many things) and the USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship (Unification of the AWA World Heavyweight Championship & the WCWA Heavyweight Championship), won from Lawler I think and lost to....Lawler too I think (big surprise), he held this one for less then a month too I think. D. Boon would probably know better then I but I think I got those right.

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;157978]nice work, and don't forget his titles in the WCW/NWA.. wow, he's accomplished a lot...[/QUOTE] Actually he only has three non WWF/E title reigns. And one was the WCW tag title which he won while it was being booked by WWE. The other two were the USWA Texas Heavyweight Championship, won by forfeit, held for about 2 weeks, (i think it might have been called the WCWA Texas Heavyweight Title at the time, not sure though it was called many things) and the USWA Unified World Heavyweight Championship (Unification of the AWA World Heavyweight Championship & the WCWA Heavyweight Championship), won from Lawler I think and lost to....Lawler too I think (big surprise), he held this one for less then a month too I think. D. Boon would probably know better then I but I think I got those right.

The Undertaker is and always will be my favourite wrestler. Let's face it, he should've won many more championship matches if not for interference's and the like. I'm willing to bet that if he'd won every match he 'should' have won then he'd have been champion more times than Ric Flair. Undertaker = Greatness :D

The Undertaker is and always will be my favourite wrestler. Let's face it, he should've won many more championship matches if not for interference's and the like. I'm willing to bet that if he'd won every match he 'should' have won then he'd have been champion more times than Ric Flair. Undertaker = Greatness :D

[QUOTE=jonlawson;157969]Just found this on WWE.com,....Man, this man has done alot....:D In over 15 years of dominance, Undertaker is no stranger to WWE championship gold. Just a year after his debut at Survivor Series, Undertaker defeated WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan for his first of four WWE Championships. The Deadman is also a 6-time former World Tag Team Champion, as well as a former Hardcore Champion. [B]WWE CHAMPIONSHIP (4 times)[/B] 11/27/1991, Survivor Series: def. Hulk Hogan 3/23/1997, WrestleMania 13: def. Sid 5/23/1999, Over the Edge: def. Stone Cold Steve Austin 5/19/02, Judgment Day: def. Hulk Hogan [B]WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (6 times)[/B] 7/26/1998, Fully Loaded: with Stone Cold Steve Austin, def. Kane & Mankind 8/22/1999, SummerSlam: with Big Show, def. Kane & X-Pac 9/9/1999, SmackDown: with Big Show, def. Mankind & The Rock in a Buried Alive Match 12/18/2000, Monday Night RAW: with The Rock, def. Edge & Christian 4/19/2001, SmackDown: with Kane, def. Edge & Christian 8/19/2001, SummerSlam: with Kane, def. Kanyon & Diamond Dallas Page in a Steel Cage Match [B]HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP (1 time)[/B] 12/9/2001, Vengeance: def. Rob Van Dam[/QUOTE] I thought his first WWE Heavyweight Title was the one he won at the Tuesday In Texas which later got held up or something.

[QUOTE=jonlawson;157969]Just found this on WWE.com,....Man, this man has done alot....:D In over 15 years of dominance, Undertaker is no stranger to WWE championship gold. Just a year after his debut at Survivor Series, Undertaker defeated WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan for his first of four WWE Championships. The Deadman is also a 6-time former World Tag Team Champion, as well as a former Hardcore Champion. [B]WWE CHAMPIONSHIP (4 times)[/B] 11/27/1991, Survivor Series: def. Hulk Hogan 3/23/1997, WrestleMania 13: def. Sid 5/23/1999, Over the Edge: def. Stone Cold Steve Austin 5/19/02, Judgment Day: def. Hulk Hogan [B]WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP (6 times)[/B] 7/26/1998, Fully Loaded: with Stone Cold Steve Austin, def. Kane & Mankind 8/22/1999, SummerSlam: with Big Show, def. Kane & X-Pac 9/9/1999, SmackDown: with Big Show, def. Mankind & The Rock in a Buried Alive Match 12/18/2000, Monday Night RAW: with The Rock, def. Edge & Christian 4/19/2001, SmackDown: with Kane, def. Edge & Christian 8/19/2001, SummerSlam: with Kane, def. Kanyon & Diamond Dallas Page in a Steel Cage Match [B]HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP (1 time)[/B] 12/9/2001, Vengeance: def. Rob Van Dam[/QUOTE] I thought his first WWE Heavyweight Title was the one he won at the Tuesday In Texas which later got held up or something.

Aside from his match with Angle. I feel that Taker has just been dragging the younger talent down, by never putting them over. How many times has he lost cleanly? You could probably count them on one hand. Now I appreciate that if he kept losing, his image would be damaged, but it's not like he has been a dominant champion, or even a good draw as top-level talent. Time to retire I feel, perhaps winning at Mania and then losing a retirement match at Summerslam! To.... maybe Randy Orton? or Kane?

Aside from his match with Angle. I feel that Taker has just been dragging the younger talent down, by never putting them over. How many times has he lost cleanly? You could probably count them on one hand. Now I appreciate that if he kept losing, his image would be damaged, but it's not like he has been a dominant champion, or even a good draw as top-level talent. Time to retire I feel, perhaps winning at Mania and then losing a retirement match at Summerslam! To.... maybe Randy Orton? or Kane?

I hear rumors that he will face Cena at WM.. so he could win the Rumble and then wrestle Cena for the title, in which sadly I hear he will lose to Cena.. I can't believe they(WWE) would even consider him blowing his undefeated streak at WM, however this is just rumor as of now.. nothing I've dreamed up or anything.. I hope he does stay undefeated, but you guys know how the internet "sources" start junk... but I did find it interesting..

I hear rumors that he will face Cena at WM.. so he could win the Rumble and then wrestle Cena for the title, in which sadly I hear he will lose to Cena.. I can't believe they(WWE) would even consider him blowing his undefeated streak at WM, however this is just rumor as of now.. nothing I've dreamed up or anything.. I hope he does stay undefeated, but you guys know how the internet "sources" start junk... but I did find it interesting..

Am I the only person who thinks that Undertaker's best Wrestlemania match was the one he had with Randy Orton? If anyone is to beat Undertaker at Mania, it should be an upcoming star and not an established one like Cena. Personally, I feel that Taker should lose his Wrestlemania streak before he retires, perhaps that should even be his last match. As much respect as he has, he needs to pass some credibility to the next generation of stars who seem to be lacking in it a bit.... can you imagine the kind of credibility a Randy Orton or an Edge would get from a victory like that, especially if Undertaker took an inhuman beating before being able to stay down? I'm sure some people would hate it, but as great as Taker is, I do think he needs to lose that streak and hand it over to someone... cleanly.

Am I the only person who thinks that Undertaker's best Wrestlemania match was the one he had with Randy Orton? If anyone is to beat Undertaker at Mania, it should be an upcoming star and not an established one like Cena. Personally, I feel that Taker should lose his Wrestlemania streak before he retires, perhaps that should even be his last match. As much respect as he has, he needs to pass some credibility to the next generation of stars who seem to be lacking in it a bit.... can you imagine the kind of credibility a Randy Orton or an Edge would get from a victory like that, especially if Undertaker took an inhuman beating before being able to stay down? I'm sure some people would hate it, but as great as Taker is, I do think he needs to lose that streak and hand it over to someone... cleanly.

[QUOTE=TCP1;158360]Aside from his match with Angle. I feel that Taker has just been dragging the younger talent down, by never putting them over. How many times has he lost cleanly? You could probably count them on one hand. Now I appreciate that if he kept losing, his image would be damaged, but it's not like he has been a dominant champion, or even a good draw as top-level talent. Time to retire I feel, perhaps winning at Mania and then losing a retirement match at Summerslam! To.... maybe Randy Orton? or Kane?[/QUOTE] It's hard for Taker to lose cleanly because of the gimmick he's got. It wouldn't make much sense for "The Phenom" with a record of wins he's got at Wrestlemania to lose a match againt Brian Kendrick for example. Then again, when has he been put against younger talent? More often than not he's put against guys who have something to prove so they have to go through the Deadman. From memory I know he's lost to Angle, Cena and Lesnar though. To say he's not a good draw is clearly wrong though, he still gets a huge pop from the crowd when that first *gong* happens. Put him in a good match with someone who isn't completely useless (The Great Khali anyone?) and his name will put people on seats. I feel he should retire soon ONLY if they can't come up with anything good for him to be used in. But losing a retirement match to Randy Orton? Oh god no, we'd never hear the end of it.... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=TCP1;158360]Aside from his match with Angle. I feel that Taker has just been dragging the younger talent down, by never putting them over. How many times has he lost cleanly? You could probably count them on one hand. Now I appreciate that if he kept losing, his image would be damaged, but it's not like he has been a dominant champion, or even a good draw as top-level talent. Time to retire I feel, perhaps winning at Mania and then losing a retirement match at Summerslam! To.... maybe Randy Orton? or Kane?[/QUOTE] It's hard for Taker to lose cleanly because of the gimmick he's got. It wouldn't make much sense for "The Phenom" with a record of wins he's got at Wrestlemania to lose a match againt Brian Kendrick for example. Then again, when has he been put against younger talent? More often than not he's put against guys who have something to prove so they have to go through the Deadman. From memory I know he's lost to Angle, Cena and Lesnar though. To say he's not a good draw is clearly wrong though, he still gets a huge pop from the crowd when that first *gong* happens. Put him in a good match with someone who isn't completely useless (The Great Khali anyone?) and his name will put people on seats. I feel he should retire soon ONLY if they can't come up with anything good for him to be used in. But losing a retirement match to Randy Orton? Oh god no, we'd never hear the end of it.... :rolleyes:

Archived