So, What are you reading?

I just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone likes to read on this board.... For me in particular I have a hard time following more than 1 diary based on the same promotion...I usually stick to diaries using real world data, as I've always played with those mods and haven't truly gotten into the Cornellverse...I guess there's room for a Cornellverse diary in my collection of must follows, I prefer the cult promotions trying to become the next big thing, so I'd like to here any suggestions on which ones I should check out as far as real world diaries: There are 2 that I must read immediately when i visit this board and thats: Wildfire1324's NWA: Return to Glory (Very realistic, great backstory, well written, great character developement and they have that, started small and will continue to grow back to what the original NWA was appeal) Stallion's TNA: The future is now (Recently re-started based on where current TNA is right now, with a 2 hour TV show, another very well written, and has you always looking forward to the next show Those two are my personal favorites and must reads I also like I said earlier can follow along with 1 diary based on each organization...So I will follow WCW's Tristam: Death of WCW...(This was fairly well along, when I started visiting regularly, so its still hard to catch up with WWE: I enjoy SHaynes COntinued Domination: (He gives us fresh characters, in his version) My ECW choice is: ECW Worldwide by Nevermore (set in an alternate realilty, which took me some time to get use to) RevPro is unique in its own way, Show Me Wrestling is new and fills my need to read about up and coming independant promotion and KOKW is pretty solid in the new org to compete against Vince type diary... These are just a few of great diaries here.. I thought a thread paying homage to writers would be a good idea and possibly waken us up to other great diaries on this board that I haven't followed, that perhaps we should check out Thoughts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've pretty much given every diary on this board a chance and all though I don't have time to keep up on every diary, I do have to say that there are some very good ones out there. I only keep up with two real-world diaries as I'm much more interested in Cornellverse. The Death of WCW and RevPro would be the two real-world diaries I keep up with. In the Cornell verse I'm a huge fan of Scapino's SWF-This Means War! and United States Pro Wrestling-Bring Our Your Kids by Eayragt (sorry, eayragt, I know the typo was fixed, but it will always be Bring Our Your Kids to me :D ) Other Cornellverse diaries I currently keep up with are the PWA one by Clarity, Mystic's DaVE diary and anything Slipshirt has up (can't wait for TEW2007, not only for the game but for another diary by Slipshirt). I'd also like to mention Undertaker's OAPW and coolcanadianheroes CGC diaries; as they are very wel written and have gotten off to great starts.

I've pretty much given every diary on this board a chance and all though I don't have time to keep up on every diary, I do have to say that there are some very good ones out there. I only keep up with two real-world diaries as I'm much more interested in Cornellverse. The Death of WCW and RevPro would be the two real-world diaries I keep up with. In the Cornell verse I'm a huge fan of Scapino's SWF-This Means War! and United States Pro Wrestling-Bring Our Your Kids by Eayragt (sorry, eayragt, I know the typo was fixed, but it will always be Bring Our Your Kids to me :D ) Other Cornellverse diaries I currently keep up with are the PWA one by Clarity, Mystic's DaVE diary and anything Slipshirt has up (can't wait for TEW2007, not only for the game but for another diary by Slipshirt). I'd also like to mention Undertaker's OAPW and coolcanadianheroes CGC diaries; as they are very wel written and have gotten off to great starts.

No love for my diary?.....Well there shouldn't be any, but I think it is good. First of all, I read SHaynes23's WWE diary probably the most, because it is very good, and has fresh ideas such as Captain Canuck. Good work on that, bud. Also, I take a gander at Clarity's PWA diary when I can, it is very good. That is the only Cornellverse diary I keep up with. It is very good, and has some fresh ideas as well. P.S.: Check out Show Me Wrestling: Missouri Meltdown, it is mediocre, good enough for a looksie, and it sure is pretty. That nimo34 fella sure knows how to make his diaries look good.

No love for my diary?.....Well there shouldn't be any, but I think it is good. First of all, I read SHaynes23's WWE diary probably the most, because it is very good, and has fresh ideas such as Captain Canuck. Good work on that, bud. Also, I take a gander at Clarity's PWA diary when I can, it is very good. That is the only Cornellverse diary I keep up with. It is very good, and has some fresh ideas as well. P.S.: Check out Show Me Wrestling: Missouri Meltdown, it is mediocre, good enough for a looksie, and it sure is pretty. That nimo34 fella sure knows how to make his diaries look good.

I read pretty much just real world dynasties, I have never really been able to get into the CornellVerse. With that said, I try to read some RevPro whenever I can, and I have started reading ECW Worldwide. I have read Show Me Wrestling from the begining, which I like very much because it takes place where I am from. I am happy that people are saying that they like my dynasty, I try hard to put some fresh characters in, my personal favorite are Captain Canuck and Ares, God of the Crusierweights.

I read pretty much just real world dynasties, I have never really been able to get into the CornellVerse. With that said, I try to read some RevPro whenever I can, and I have started reading ECW Worldwide. I have read Show Me Wrestling from the begining, which I like very much because it takes place where I am from. I am happy that people are saying that they like my dynasty, I try hard to put some fresh characters in, my personal favorite are Captain Canuck and Ares, God of the Crusierweights.

I'm a big fan of Cornellverse diaries so I tend to lurk around them more than any others on the board. My obvious favourite is Scapino's SWF diary, particularly since I'm the one lining Richard Eisen's pockets with all the karma T-shirts I bought. I'll personally fund Eric Eisen's mic skill coaching if I have to. :) I also tend to read any TCW diaries that come up though I've yet to get hooked on one of them yet, so much so that I'm considering setting up my first TEW07 diary as TCW rather than one of my own promotions. Sadly, I can't remember names but I tend to read all the 4C diaries for a while and the recent spate of CGC diaries have kept me considerably happy. for some reason I've never gotten into NOTBPW diaries simply because I can't really envision many people threatening the Stone/Mcfly dominance there and it takes a while to make any legitamate stars. As far as real world diaries go, I did read the Death of WCW a while back but stopped for some reason, though I can't remember why. I also rather like the simple idea behind the King of Kings Wrestling diary. So little backstory but its such a good start that I'm hooked to see where its going. After that, its a bit random for what I like. I struggle to get into real world diaries because I have fairly set views on characters and I struggle to accept anyone else's views on them. Having said that, if anyone wants to put Shelton Benjamin and Paul London together as the New F'n Show (managed by Bill Alfonso of course) then I'll read no matter what you write. :) And of course, I read all my diaries while I was writing them. Probably shoulda proof read them more often though. :p Derek B

I'm a big fan of Cornellverse diaries so I tend to lurk around them more than any others on the board. My obvious favourite is Scapino's SWF diary, particularly since I'm the one lining Richard Eisen's pockets with all the karma T-shirts I bought. I'll personally fund Eric Eisen's mic skill coaching if I have to. :) I also tend to read any TCW diaries that come up though I've yet to get hooked on one of them yet, so much so that I'm considering setting up my first TEW07 diary as TCW rather than one of my own promotions. Sadly, I can't remember names but I tend to read all the 4C diaries for a while and the recent spate of CGC diaries have kept me considerably happy. for some reason I've never gotten into NOTBPW diaries simply because I can't really envision many people threatening the Stone/Mcfly dominance there and it takes a while to make any legitamate stars. As far as real world diaries go, I did read the Death of WCW a while back but stopped for some reason, though I can't remember why. I also rather like the simple idea behind the King of Kings Wrestling diary. So little backstory but its such a good start that I'm hooked to see where its going. After that, its a bit random for what I like. I struggle to get into real world diaries because I have fairly set views on characters and I struggle to accept anyone else's views on them. Having said that, if anyone wants to put Shelton Benjamin and Paul London together as the New F'n Show (managed by Bill Alfonso of course) then I'll read no matter what you write. :) And of course, I read all my diaries while I was writing them. Probably shoulda proof read them more often though. :p Derek B

I used to read BriFidility's NYCW/UPW dynasty but that hasn't been updated in a while. Now though. I check out Eayragt's USPW, Scampino1974's SWF, Mystic's DAVE, and Undertaker666's OAPW. Those are my regulars. I do however flick through some of the others but i find myself geared more towards Cornellverse Dynasties than the real world ones

I used to read BriFidility's NYCW/UPW dynasty but that hasn't been updated in a while. Now though. I check out Eayragt's USPW, Scampino1974's SWF, Mystic's DAVE, and Undertaker666's OAPW. Those are my regulars. I do however flick through some of the others but i find myself geared more towards Cornellverse Dynasties than the real world ones

The best diary on here bar none is Scapino's SWF diary - sheer class. Other than that, a couple of the other Cornellverse diaries - eg mystic's DAVE (just so I can see how he runs DAVE compared with my diary (hint : cheap plug :p ) I struggle to get into most of the "real world" diaries, purely because they all start with the current situation, and then veer off slightly, and it gets very confusing remembering what is going on in real life, and what is going on in each of the WWE diaries that are on here. Having said that, I am enjoying G Prime's Rebirth diary, and also SHaynes one at the moment

The best diary on here bar none is Scapino's SWF diary - sheer class. Other than that, a couple of the other Cornellverse diaries - eg mystic's DAVE (just so I can see how he runs DAVE compared with my diary (hint : cheap plug :p ) I struggle to get into most of the "real world" diaries, purely because they all start with the current situation, and then veer off slightly, and it gets very confusing remembering what is going on in real life, and what is going on in each of the WWE diaries that are on here. Having said that, I am enjoying G Prime's Rebirth diary, and also SHaynes one at the moment

I Personally follow the Cornellverse ones more than the real-world ones...though I am following Stallions TNA diary. Of the Cornellverse ones I am mostly following Clarity's (PDW- Up-start British fed...after he got fired from ROF) and Apu's/Gremlinators (CGC vs NOTBPW)...though I do read around all of them. From what i've read of Scapino's SWF diary that looks very good...one day I'll read that from the start. I was also an avid follower of Bri-Fidelity's NYCW/EPW diary but as Clarity pointed out that's not been updated for a while. I'm guessing that he's waiting for 2007 to come out....could also be that he's just busy with other things at the moment.

I Personally follow the Cornellverse ones more than the real-world ones...though I am following Stallions TNA diary. Of the Cornellverse ones I am mostly following Clarity's (PDW- Up-start British fed...after he got fired from ROF) and Apu's/Gremlinators (CGC vs NOTBPW)...though I do read around all of them. From what i've read of Scapino's SWF diary that looks very good...one day I'll read that from the start. I was also an avid follower of Bri-Fidelity's NYCW/EPW diary but as Clarity pointed out that's not been updated for a while. I'm guessing that he's waiting for 2007 to come out....could also be that he's just busy with other things at the moment.

I've mainly read Nevermore's ECW diary, Mystic's DAVE and Clarity's PWA. I have read through others too though. Due to time restrictions I only tend to follow Clarity's PWA at the moment though. My apologies to anyone who's following my OAPW dynasty, I keep running out of time to get the next show up but i'll try harder to get the shows running more frequently. :)

I've mainly read Nevermore's ECW diary, Mystic's DAVE and Clarity's PWA. I have read through others too though. Due to time restrictions I only tend to follow Clarity's PWA at the moment though. My apologies to anyone who's following my OAPW dynasty, I keep running out of time to get the next show up but i'll try harder to get the shows running more frequently. :)

No offense to the people who write them as I'm sure you do a great job but I haven't read a real world diary since the one WWE diary i liked for 2004. I just don't get intot hem that much. As for Cornellverse Scapino's SWF diary as to be the top diary and before it pretty much stopped also Bri-Fidelity's NYCW/EPW. Right now I'm also into Tigerkinney's TCW Dairy and juggaloninjalee ODW after TCW diary. theunholyicon is doing a 4C dairy and I'm a huge mark for 4C and I've liked some of theunholyicon's old work as well.

No offense to the people who write them as I'm sure you do a great job but I haven't read a real world diary since the one WWE diary i liked for 2004. I just don't get intot hem that much. As for Cornellverse Scapino's SWF diary as to be the top diary and before it pretty much stopped also Bri-Fidelity's NYCW/EPW. Right now I'm also into Tigerkinney's TCW Dairy and juggaloninjalee ODW after TCW diary. theunholyicon is doing a 4C dairy and I'm a huge mark for 4C and I've liked some of theunholyicon's old work as well.

I like to give most diaries a chance, and have read most of the ones on here for at least a page, but I tend to favour real world for some reason. Death Of WCW is my favourite. If you haven't read it yet then start from the beginning and get up to current time, it may take a while but it's worth it I assure you. I always enjoy Stallions TNA ones, but in particular the one from a while back that had the Rock in it who was in a fued with Samoa Joe, the name escapes me now. But the last two have also been great. Also an avid reader of ECW: Worldwide, well written and once you are into the alternate universe it's so easy and fun to read. Obviously I read others, but these are my top three. :)

I like to give most diaries a chance, and have read most of the ones on here for at least a page, but I tend to favour real world for some reason. Death Of WCW is my favourite. If you haven't read it yet then start from the beginning and get up to current time, it may take a while but it's worth it I assure you. I always enjoy Stallions TNA ones, but in particular the one from a while back that had the Rock in it who was in a fued with Samoa Joe, the name escapes me now. But the last two have also been great. Also an avid reader of ECW: Worldwide, well written and once you are into the alternate universe it's so easy and fun to read. Obviously I read others, but these are my top three. :)

Archived