So, What are you reading?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been reading very much either, but one I always make sure to check is Scapino's SWF. It truly rocks my socks. Also I was digging Lowki02's Pro Wrestling Elite before he went on hiatus, and I really like Tristram's show write-up style. Thanks to anyone who mentioned mine. It is appreciated.

I haven't been reading very much either, but one I always make sure to check is Scapino's SWF. It truly rocks my socks. Also I was digging Lowki02's Pro Wrestling Elite before he went on hiatus, and I really like Tristram's show write-up style. Thanks to anyone who mentioned mine. It is appreciated.

Thanks to all those who said a nice thing or two about "Death of WCW?". I've enjoyed putting it together, for my enjoyment, but particularly I enjoy getting the feedback on it all. There's a load of awesome diaries out there, admittedly I don't get time to read many if any of them word for word due to study committments, but I think the likes of Stallion and Nevermore have groundbreaking dynasties, and I particularly liked sebsplex's work with the Cornell's and Stone's etc. It was a fantastic back story. Anyone who gives WCW another go is a natural winner in my books, always a dubbya cee dubbya mark through and through. ...If only I didn't need to do this to remember WCW and the good things that did happen in it (cruiserweights, exceptional talent, history), and Bischoff/Russo didn't give us the bad things that destroyed WCW (misused talent like Raven, Benoit, Malenko, Jericho, Bret Hart, Guerrero, Rey Rey, overinflated manipulative egotistical egos allowed freedom to do what they wanted at whatever cost, storylines that made no sense, etc.). I think I speak for 99% of people who'd rather have two thriving wrestling empires AT LEAST competing against each other driving each to give the best of the best , as it was around '97-'98. Man, I miss WCW!! I can't STAND this current WWE ****e!

Thanks to all those who said a nice thing or two about "Death of WCW?". I've enjoyed putting it together, for my enjoyment, but particularly I enjoy getting the feedback on it all. There's a load of awesome diaries out there, admittedly I don't get time to read many if any of them word for word due to study committments, but I think the likes of Stallion and Nevermore have groundbreaking dynasties, and I particularly liked sebsplex's work with the Cornell's and Stone's etc. It was a fantastic back story. Anyone who gives WCW another go is a natural winner in my books, always a dubbya cee dubbya mark through and through. ...If only I didn't need to do this to remember WCW and the good things that did happen in it (cruiserweights, exceptional talent, history), and Bischoff/Russo didn't give us the bad things that destroyed WCW (misused talent like Raven, Benoit, Malenko, Jericho, Bret Hart, Guerrero, Rey Rey, overinflated manipulative egotistical egos allowed freedom to do what they wanted at whatever cost, storylines that made no sense, etc.). I think I speak for 99% of people who'd rather have two thriving wrestling empires AT LEAST competing against each other driving each to give the best of the best , as it was around '97-'98. Man, I miss WCW!! I can't STAND this current WWE ****e!

• 4 weeks later...
I think my current favorite diary has to be 'NWA: A Return to Glory' as its post after post of goodness from Wildfire. I haven't been able to follow it from the beginning, although I'm sure next day I have off and I'm bored, I'll catch up with it start to finish. Same goes for Tristram's 'Death of WCW?' diary I've also been getting into Ismailite's 'WWF'N Raw' and Nimo's 'St. Louis Wrestling Club' looks to be very VERY interesting. And, as always a good read, Mystic's 'New Era of DAVE' remains a personal favorite. And I'm just getting into 'MACW: The Return', and its drawing my interest very, VERY quickly. G-Prime's TNA diary looks promising, as his 'WWE: Rebirth' is alway entertaining. Also hoping that 'DaVE: Join the Revolution!' ends up being good here. :D CHEAP PLUG :D

I'm looking forward to reading nimo's St. Louis Wrestling Club, since I'm from St. Louis, and I've been reading TOOL's WWF Dynasty, which is very good. [cheapplug]I'm getting back into the dynasty business tonight with a dynasty starting from the bottom, so maybe people can read that now.[/cheapplug]

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;163850]I find I can only keep up with about 3 diarys at a time, especially with having one of my own now.[/QUOTE] 'NWA: A Return to Glory' is really the only one I'm totally caught up on and check every post, aside from 'The New Era of DAVE'. The others I just think are really well done, and I check in to get caught up whenever I have the time. . . you never know when something good will happen and draw your attention for a while! :)

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;163853]Having a diary is really a great way to kill time until TEW 2007 comes out, I recommend it to all.[/QUOTE] I want to get TEW 07 when it comes out, but I don't want to end another diary too early. That has been my fault in the past.

[QUOTE=nimo34;163854]I want to get TEW 07 when it comes out, but I don't want to end another diary too early. That has been my fault in the past.[/QUOTE] I know the feeling you have on that. I'm debating whether or not I want to continue my own diary when I get 2007 or start a new one, again based on MACW. I am definitely intrigued by your take on things. I've always been a fan of the DOTT scenario and any diaries made on that.

[QUOTE] I think my current favorite diary has to be 'NWA: A Return to Glory' as its post after post of goodness from Wildfire. I haven't been able to follow it from the beginning, although I'm sure next day I have off and I'm bored, I'll catch up with it start to finish.[/QUOTE] I think I'm going to be posting a month by month cliff notes edition of NWA: A Return to Glory soon which I think will help people who haven't been there from the beginning catch up. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived