Prowrestlinggames.com Interview with Adam Ryland

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;158936]If that were the case then the guy wouldn't have known about the Title Lineage feature.[/QUOTE] Honestly though, the guy did seem to know something, but at the same time seemed to know nothing. The pic's seemed to show a kind of evolution of the game, dating back from earlier versions to the current 2005 version. The guys sounded like he might have played some older versions before, but maybe doesn't have time to stay current. So hearing of the title lineage would have peaked an interest of a true fan (which I think he sounded like he was a "TRUE" Fan, in that he knows enough to know it's the best one of it's kind hands down). However, his knowledge over the over-all aspect seemed a bit in question, as he kept comparing it to the SvsR type style but..... In all fairness, someone reading that interview and liking the General manager mode would have certainly understood that this is the game they are looking for, if they wanted a more evolved GM mode. Having Smackdown Vs. Raw in the same interview, and bassically almost as a compatible game, will hopefully bring curiosity to someone wanting a Computer based game. In my opinion, all the reference's to WWE, and Smackdown vs. Raw would be a legitimate help on promoting this game.... I mean, the player base for that, compared to THIS, is huge... and to get even 1% of that population to come and try this out could start "a lil' sum'pin". Think of it like this... All the people that know of Smackdown Vs. Raw, getting a link to TEW, that are looking at Smackdown vs. Raw (it was there when I checked those out), could take this to the next level... and might be a possibility to something like that in the future. Could you imagine TEW Type GM mode for that game? It's obvious that it has alot of Adams influence in it already. IF GDS generated enough income to hire people that could program something like that, especially for the computer, could you imagine the resulting mods? Oops, going way off topic, sorry.

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;158936]If that were the case then the guy wouldn't have known about the Title Lineage feature.[/QUOTE] Honestly though, the guy did seem to know something, but at the same time seemed to know nothing. The pic's seemed to show a kind of evolution of the game, dating back from earlier versions to the current 2005 version. The guys sounded like he might have played some older versions before, but maybe doesn't have time to stay current. So hearing of the title lineage would have peaked an interest of a true fan (which I think he sounded like he was a "TRUE" Fan, in that he knows enough to know it's the best one of it's kind hands down). However, his knowledge over the over-all aspect seemed a bit in question, as he kept comparing it to the SvsR type style but..... In all fairness, someone reading that interview and liking the General manager mode would have certainly understood that this is the game they are looking for, if they wanted a more evolved GM mode. Having Smackdown Vs. Raw in the same interview, and bassically almost as a compatible game, will hopefully bring curiosity to someone wanting a Computer based game. In my opinion, all the reference's to WWE, and Smackdown vs. Raw would be a legitimate help on promoting this game.... I mean, the player base for that, compared to THIS, is huge... and to get even 1% of that population to come and try this out could start "a lil' sum'pin". Think of it like this... All the people that know of Smackdown Vs. Raw, getting a link to TEW, that are looking at Smackdown vs. Raw (it was there when I checked those out), could take this to the next level... and might be a possibility to something like that in the future. Could you imagine TEW Type GM mode for that game? It's obvious that it has alot of Adams influence in it already. IF GDS generated enough income to hire people that could program something like that, especially for the computer, could you imagine the resulting mods? Oops, going way off topic, sorry.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;158943]Honestly though, the guy did seem to know something, but at the same time seemed to know nothing. The pic's seemed to show a kind of evolution of the game, dating back from earlier versions to the current 2005 version. The guys sounded like he might have played some older versions before, but maybe doesn't have time to stay current. So hearing of the title lineage would have peaked an interest of a true fan (which I think he sounded like he was a "TRUE" Fan, in that he knows enough to know it's the best one of it's kind hands down). However, his knowledge over the over-all aspect seemed a bit in question, as he kept comparing it to the SvsR type style but..... In all fairness, someone reading that interview and liking the General manager mode would have certainly understood that this is the game they are looking for, if they wanted a more evolved GM mode. Having Smackdown Vs. Raw in the same interview, and bassically almost as a compatible game, will hopefully bring curiosity to someone wanting a Computer based game. In my opinion, all the reference's to WWE, and Smackdown vs. Raw would be a legitimate help on promoting this game.... I mean, the player base for that, compared to THIS, is huge... and to get even 1% of that population to come and try this out could start "a lil' sum'pin". Think of it like this... All the people that know of Smackdown Vs. Raw, getting a link to TEW, that are looking at Smackdown vs. Raw (it was there when I checked those out), could take this to the next level... and might be a possibility to something like that in the future. Could you imagine TEW Type GM mode for that game? It's obvious that it has alot of Adams influence in it already. IF GDS generated enough income to hire people that could program something like that, especially for the computer, could you imagine the resulting mods? Oops, going way off topic, sorry.[/QUOTE] I agree to an extent that the interview could've perhaps been more in-depth about features of TEW '07 in particular. However, I believe part of the reason for the interview was to identify how TEW differs to other wrestling games out there, the Smackdown series being the obvious choice for comparison because it's at the complete opposite end of the scale in both depth and gameplay style to TEW. Another good thing to come out of the interview will be exposure for Adam and his games. For example, some time back in June/July I myself had never heard of EWR, WreSpi, TEW, Adam Ryland or even Grey Dog Software for that matter. It wasn't until I was looking for new screenshots of SvsR '07 that in the bottom right hand corner of the page I saw a picture of the TEW "box" accompanied by the words 'Total Extreme Wrestling for PC'. I thought to myself, "A wrestling game? For the PC?!". The rest as they say is history. Up until that point I had no idea whatsoever of the vibrant community that surrounds Adam and his games, in fact I was quite annoyed that i'd been ignorant of it's presence for all these years. If the interview tweaks the interest of just one person then it's done it's job as I firmly believe Adam and his games deserve as much exposure as possible.

[QUOTE=djthefunkchris;158943]Honestly though, the guy did seem to know something, but at the same time seemed to know nothing. The pic's seemed to show a kind of evolution of the game, dating back from earlier versions to the current 2005 version. The guys sounded like he might have played some older versions before, but maybe doesn't have time to stay current. So hearing of the title lineage would have peaked an interest of a true fan (which I think he sounded like he was a "TRUE" Fan, in that he knows enough to know it's the best one of it's kind hands down). However, his knowledge over the over-all aspect seemed a bit in question, as he kept comparing it to the SvsR type style but..... In all fairness, someone reading that interview and liking the General manager mode would have certainly understood that this is the game they are looking for, if they wanted a more evolved GM mode. Having Smackdown Vs. Raw in the same interview, and bassically almost as a compatible game, will hopefully bring curiosity to someone wanting a Computer based game. In my opinion, all the reference's to WWE, and Smackdown vs. Raw would be a legitimate help on promoting this game.... I mean, the player base for that, compared to THIS, is huge... and to get even 1% of that population to come and try this out could start "a lil' sum'pin". Think of it like this... All the people that know of Smackdown Vs. Raw, getting a link to TEW, that are looking at Smackdown vs. Raw (it was there when I checked those out), could take this to the next level... and might be a possibility to something like that in the future. Could you imagine TEW Type GM mode for that game? It's obvious that it has alot of Adams influence in it already. IF GDS generated enough income to hire people that could program something like that, especially for the computer, could you imagine the resulting mods? Oops, going way off topic, sorry.[/QUOTE] I agree to an extent that the interview could've perhaps been more in-depth about features of TEW '07 in particular. However, I believe part of the reason for the interview was to identify how TEW differs to other wrestling games out there, the Smackdown series being the obvious choice for comparison because it's at the complete opposite end of the scale in both depth and gameplay style to TEW. Another good thing to come out of the interview will be exposure for Adam and his games. For example, some time back in June/July I myself had never heard of EWR, WreSpi, TEW, Adam Ryland or even Grey Dog Software for that matter. It wasn't until I was looking for new screenshots of SvsR '07 that in the bottom right hand corner of the page I saw a picture of the TEW "box" accompanied by the words 'Total Extreme Wrestling for PC'. I thought to myself, "A wrestling game? For the PC?!". The rest as they say is history. Up until that point I had no idea whatsoever of the vibrant community that surrounds Adam and his games, in fact I was quite annoyed that i'd been ignorant of it's presence for all these years. If the interview tweaks the interest of just one person then it's done it's job as I firmly believe Adam and his games deserve as much exposure as possible.

I didn't think it was a bad interview. Remember that most readers are ignorant and then you do your interview. The interview isn't about what you want to know as much as it is what the basic person reading it does. Most people who read that probably do not even know what TEW is so that will peak their interest. Any good journalist asks the common questions that uneducated people don't know. Like people asking Bill Parcells if he is mad about how T.O. is acting. We all know he is so why ask? Because people want him to ask those. Sports writers ask the "dumbest" questions but they do it for a reason. I think that interview was done with a purpose.

I didn't think it was a bad interview. Remember that most readers are ignorant and then you do your interview. The interview isn't about what you want to know as much as it is what the basic person reading it does. Most people who read that probably do not even know what TEW is so that will peak their interest. Any good journalist asks the common questions that uneducated people don't know. Like people asking Bill Parcells if he is mad about how T.O. is acting. We all know he is so why ask? Because people want him to ask those. Sports writers ask the "dumbest" questions but they do it for a reason. I think that interview was done with a purpose.

Archived