Development question

I was curious if you can call up exisiting workers if you are the parent company and not just the workers you have sent down. So for example if you started a new game as the WWE can you go to lets say OVW's roster and call up a worker? Sorry if I'm not explaining it well =/

I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that you can sign someone on a 'Development' contract in the editor at the start, so that you can call them up, even if they begin on the other company's roster. But don't take my word for it, I'm probably wrong lol.

I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that you can sign someone on a 'Development' contract in the editor at the start, so that you can call them up, even if they begin on the other company's roster. But don't take my word for it, I'm probably wrong lol.

You know, guys. The thread's sounding a bit muddled here. So let's get back to basics if we can. Here's how I understand the question. If I have it wrong, I'm sure someone can enlighten me. But it sounds like this dude is playing as WWE and has OVW as his child promotion. He sends Andy, Bill and Chuck down to OVW. Can he then call up Dave who was on the OVW roster before his WWE adopted them? Or can he only call up the same Andy, Bill and Chuck he sent down? And if I'm understanding that correctly, I would think you'd have to have Dave on a WWE-based contract of some sort before calling him up

You know, guys. The thread's sounding a bit muddled here. So let's get back to basics if we can. Here's how I understand the question. If I have it wrong, I'm sure someone can enlighten me. But it sounds like this dude is playing as WWE and has OVW as his child promotion. He sends Andy, Bill and Chuck down to OVW. Can he then call up Dave who was on the OVW roster before his WWE adopted them? Or can he only call up the same Andy, Bill and Chuck he sent down? And if I'm understanding that correctly, I would think you'd have to have Dave on a WWE-based contract of some sort before calling him up

From what I remember reading, I think the contract is either for the parent or child company. So you can either start the game with them written to WWE and then send them to OVW where you can recall them later, or you sign them from OVW and then send them down. Workers not directly contracted by the parent company don't count as being in development to you, just to OVW

From what I remember reading, I think the contract is either for the parent or child company. So you can either start the game with them written to WWE and then send them to OVW where you can recall them later, or you sign them from OVW and then send them down. Workers not directly contracted by the parent company don't count as being in development to you, just to OVW

While I'm too lazy to do quotes properly or look for the thread in question, the August 7th developers journal announced the development contracts for the game and I believe in the discussion thread about it afterwards it was confirmed that these contracts will be able to be set in the editor too..... meaning that people who are supposed to be in OVW at the start of the game on a dev contract will be. If only I could be bothered to look it up properly :) Derek B

While I'm too lazy to do quotes properly or look for the thread in question, the August 7th developers journal announced the development contracts for the game and I believe in the discussion thread about it afterwards it was confirmed that these contracts will be able to be set in the editor too..... meaning that people who are supposed to be in OVW at the start of the game on a dev contract will be. If only I could be bothered to look it up properly :) Derek B

A few things about development contracts that'd be nice to know (not like they'll stop me buying the game or anything - just curious...) * If you assign a worker a developmental contract in the pre-game editor, do they automatically go to their employers development fed? If so, what happens if a fed has more than one? (On my SD game, I had six or seven...) * Is a developmental contract a written contract? That is, will a worker signed to a dev deal be exclusive to your/your dev fed? * Can you sign someone to a dev contract without having a dev territory arranged? I would imagine no - but if you were building a roster for an anticipated dev deal being signed with OVW, or just didn't want TCW stealing all the good youngsters, it'd be useful.

A few things about development contracts that'd be nice to know (not like they'll stop me buying the game or anything - just curious...) * If you assign a worker a developmental contract in the pre-game editor, do they automatically go to their employers development fed? If so, what happens if a fed has more than one? (On my SD game, I had six or seven...) * Is a developmental contract a written contract? That is, will a worker signed to a dev deal be exclusive to your/your dev fed? * Can you sign someone to a dev contract without having a dev territory arranged? I would imagine no - but if you were building a roster for an anticipated dev deal being signed with OVW, or just didn't want TCW stealing all the good youngsters, it'd be useful.

Archived