how would you run wcw.

jerlito

I would bring it back and just move Smackdown back to Thursdays. Then have Bischoff gain control of the brand by having his mystery guy take on the Smackdown champ for the rights to everything that is Smackdown. This match would be determined because Teddy Long does something to upset Vince and Eric has been doing a good job of being on Vinces good side such as by being guest ref and screwing DX and such. I think it would need to be done at Wrestlemania though with a lot of build up. WCW could have the nWo... Hogan, XPac, and Big Show take on DX HHH, HBK, and Chyna. That would be a good Wrestlemania thing to do I believe... By the way I won Wrestlemania tix at Ford Field!!! I am so excited. Tix go on sale Saturday and I already know that I am going and for free!!!

I would bring it back and just move Smackdown back to Thursdays. Then have Bischoff gain control of the brand by having his mystery guy take on the Smackdown champ for the rights to everything that is Smackdown. This match would be determined because Teddy Long does something to upset Vince and Eric has been doing a good job of being on Vinces good side such as by being guest ref and screwing DX and such. I think it would need to be done at Wrestlemania though with a lot of build up. WCW could have the nWo... Hogan, XPac, and Big Show take on DX HHH, HBK, and Chyna. That would be a good Wrestlemania thing to do I believe... By the way I won Wrestlemania tix at Ford Field!!! I am so excited. Tix go on sale Saturday and I already know that I am going and for free!!!

Fantastic, juggalo, well done! We expect you to pop up on camera with a "Hogan and HHH lost in TEW 07" or similar (snappier) sign, of course... * Actually, bringing back WCW would be very hard. With ECW, they'd kept the brand alive, after a fashion, by continually referencing it with relation to workers like the Dudleys, RVD and so on. Also, big names like Sabu and the Sandman were available - not to mention Paul heyman - to work on the brand. Bischoff would have to be involved with any WCW product - and rather than the contra-WWE style that ECW offers, it shoud start off as a Vince-endorsed product, with Bischoff at it's helm. Gradually, the product should wean itself off WWE life support, creating new stars, reinventing the inevitable WWE undercard nobodies shunted onto them, and making itself viable again. Eventually - and I'd allow at least a year, maybe two - WCW should break away from WWE, sever on-screen ties etc. Ideally, this would happen with a big PPV victory - Bischoff over McMahon, WCW champion over WWE champion, whatever. Under no circumstances should Hogan or his old NWO running buddies be let near the top of the card (not that Hall or Hogan could make it full-time anyway) - at least, not on a long term basis. Having the new WCW cleanly and clearly defeat the old WCW could be a ratings winner in the opening weeks and months. After six months, though, the emphasis should be firmly on the new, with as much of the old as is practicable left in the past. Oh, and I'd sign up Lance Storm, if he'd come back full-time, as trainer and wrestler. My WCW might die on its backside, of course, but its kinda sink or swim - it doesn't have the same fond memories going for it that ECW had...

Fantastic, juggalo, well done! We expect you to pop up on camera with a "Hogan and HHH lost in TEW 07" or similar (snappier) sign, of course... * Actually, bringing back WCW would be very hard. With ECW, they'd kept the brand alive, after a fashion, by continually referencing it with relation to workers like the Dudleys, RVD and so on. Also, big names like Sabu and the Sandman were available - not to mention Paul heyman - to work on the brand. Bischoff would have to be involved with any WCW product - and rather than the contra-WWE style that ECW offers, it shoud start off as a Vince-endorsed product, with Bischoff at it's helm. Gradually, the product should wean itself off WWE life support, creating new stars, reinventing the inevitable WWE undercard nobodies shunted onto them, and making itself viable again. Eventually - and I'd allow at least a year, maybe two - WCW should break away from WWE, sever on-screen ties etc. Ideally, this would happen with a big PPV victory - Bischoff over McMahon, WCW champion over WWE champion, whatever. Under no circumstances should Hogan or his old NWO running buddies be let near the top of the card (not that Hall or Hogan could make it full-time anyway) - at least, not on a long term basis. Having the new WCW cleanly and clearly defeat the old WCW could be a ratings winner in the opening weeks and months. After six months, though, the emphasis should be firmly on the new, with as much of the old as is practicable left in the past. Oh, and I'd sign up Lance Storm, if he'd come back full-time, as trainer and wrestler. My WCW might die on its backside, of course, but its kinda sink or swim - it doesn't have the same fond memories going for it that ECW had...

I don't think WCW should be brought back at all now if you ask me what I would have done differntly from the beginning I would have taken that whole Shane beat out vince at buying WCW story and let it run leaving WCW as an "autonomous" entity so it would appear that then WWF had some form of cometition. I mean I probably would have fired half the dead weight and revamped the roster with up and comers from OVW but to much change would have made it too obvious that they were now in WWE's pocket, I would have done things slow and steady, I think the competition was what the fans like just swtich the airing days around so you aren't actually competing for the same audience. But again I will state I think at this point reviving WCW probably wouldn't work for Vince.

I don't think WCW should be brought back at all now if you ask me what I would have done differntly from the beginning I would have taken that whole Shane beat out vince at buying WCW story and let it run leaving WCW as an "autonomous" entity so it would appear that then WWF had some form of cometition. I mean I probably would have fired half the dead weight and revamped the roster with up and comers from OVW but to much change would have made it too obvious that they were now in WWE's pocket, I would have done things slow and steady, I think the competition was what the fans like just swtich the airing days around so you aren't actually competing for the same audience. But again I will state I think at this point reviving WCW probably wouldn't work for Vince.

I agree... If they would've taken Nick Dinsmore then they could've had a great start IMO. He was a great champion for OVW. They could've kept Booker T for sure. I think he would've stayed and I believe Stevie Ray would've stayed on too, those two had a great feud with each other and also were one of the best tag teams ever! I wish WCW was still around....but that's just me I'm sure :D

I agree... If they would've taken Nick Dinsmore then they could've had a great start IMO. He was a great champion for OVW. They could've kept Booker T for sure. I think he would've stayed and I believe Stevie Ray would've stayed on too, those two had a great feud with each other and also were one of the best tag teams ever! I wish WCW was still around....but that's just me I'm sure :D

I wish WCW were still around as well, but then, it's the promotion I grew up watching, and I do have a few fond memories of it. As for bringing WCW back as a new brand, I'm not so sure. One thing they could do is bring WCW back as a fourth brand, buy out TNA and turn it into a fifth brand, bring back the USWA and turn it into a sixth brand, and then they could bring back GLOW, and make it a seventh brand. It might get a little confusing at major events, when you have seven different announce teams, all talking at once, but just think of the excitement we'd get when Kevin Federline squared off against David Arquette to determine the new Undisputed Championship at WrestleMania! :o Just a playful thought I had. :o

I wish WCW were still around as well, but then, it's the promotion I grew up watching, and I do have a few fond memories of it. As for bringing WCW back as a new brand, I'm not so sure. One thing they could do is bring WCW back as a fourth brand, buy out TNA and turn it into a fifth brand, bring back the USWA and turn it into a sixth brand, and then they could bring back GLOW, and make it a seventh brand. It might get a little confusing at major events, when you have seven different announce teams, all talking at once, but just think of the excitement we'd get when Kevin Federline squared off against David Arquette to determine the new Undisputed Championship at WrestleMania! :o Just a playful thought I had. :o

[QUOTE=dvdWarrior;159164]I wish WCW were still around as well, but then, it's the promotion I grew up watching, and I do have a few fond memories of it. As for bringing WCW back as a new brand, I'm not so sure. One thing they could do is bring WCW back as a fourth brand, buy out TNA and turn it into a fifth brand, bring back the USWA and turn it into a sixth brand, and then they could bring back GLOW, and make it a seventh brand. It might get a little confusing at major events, when you have seven different announce teams, all talking at once, but just think of the excitement we'd get when Kevin Federline squared off against David Arquette to determine the new Undisputed Championship at WrestleMania! :o Just a playful thought I had. :o[/QUOTE] lmao... that's the best thing I've heard all day.... you are so right.. I'd pay $50 to see Arquette and Federline...:rolleyes: WWE would expect you to anyway..

[QUOTE=dvdWarrior;159164]I wish WCW were still around as well, but then, it's the promotion I grew up watching, and I do have a few fond memories of it. As for bringing WCW back as a new brand, I'm not so sure. One thing they could do is bring WCW back as a fourth brand, buy out TNA and turn it into a fifth brand, bring back the USWA and turn it into a sixth brand, and then they could bring back GLOW, and make it a seventh brand. It might get a little confusing at major events, when you have seven different announce teams, all talking at once, but just think of the excitement we'd get when Kevin Federline squared off against David Arquette to determine the new Undisputed Championship at WrestleMania! :o Just a playful thought I had. :o[/QUOTE] lmao... that's the best thing I've heard all day.... you are so right.. I'd pay $50 to see Arquette and Federline...:rolleyes: WWE would expect you to anyway..

[QUOTE=jerlito;159204]hey i know there are some people who don't like wcw but i grew up watching wwe when it was called [wwf] wcw and ecw never really saw ecw on tv much until there tnn days.[/QUOTE] I used to love the WCW back in the NWO days and watched WWF as Raw slowly started getting viewers back ( DX's military march).. and it was classic, but when you start having "Hollywood" being world champs, it's a little stupid and ruins the credibility of any wrestling organization, I frankly could care less about seeing Federline vs. Cena... I think the WWE is really screwing up.. I stated this in an earlier post on another thread... If you are that desperate to get people to watch, then I can't help you... it's bad enough right now anyway.. so why would you do something to further your demise... I am no longer watching Raw, due to this crap...

[QUOTE=jerlito;159204]hey i know there are some people who don't like wcw but i grew up watching wwe when it was called [wwf] wcw and ecw never really saw ecw on tv much until there tnn days.[/QUOTE] I used to love the WCW back in the NWO days and watched WWF as Raw slowly started getting viewers back ( DX's military march).. and it was classic, but when you start having "Hollywood" being world champs, it's a little stupid and ruins the credibility of any wrestling organization, I frankly could care less about seeing Federline vs. Cena... I think the WWE is really screwing up.. I stated this in an earlier post on another thread... If you are that desperate to get people to watch, then I can't help you... it's bad enough right now anyway.. so why would you do something to further your demise... I am no longer watching Raw, due to this crap...

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;159267]I used to love the WCW back in the NWO days and watched WWF as Raw slowly started getting viewers back ( DX's military march).. and it was classic, but when you start having "Hollywood" being world champs, it's a little stupid and ruins the credibility of any wrestling organization, I frankly could care less about seeing Federline vs. Cena... I think the WWE is really screwing up.. I stated this in an earlier post on another thread... If you are that desperate to get people to watch, then I can't help you... it's bad enough right now anyway.. so why would you do something to further your demise... I am no longer watching Raw, due to this crap...[/QUOTE] LOL, I kind of see it differently myself. I don't think they really meant to use him in a match against Cena, and I don't believe for a minute they are going to try and make a "legitimate" match out of it, even if it was just to have that guy cheating to try and win. I see it as a comical effort moreso then a legitimate match up... I mean, Cena bassically beat him easier then he beat Lita already. IF they do make it a legitimate match, then I would definately see eye to eye with you. For the most part, I can kind of see what's going on here though. WHO on the Raw roster could be a legitimate challenge for Cena now????? I mean, he is over like never before, and let's face it, the only other guy on the roster that would be a believable loss for Cena at this point is Triple H. I know Cena don't really have that great of skills in the ring, but they guy is entertaining as hell, and after this movie, he's just bigger then life right now (although his personality bassically keeps the crowd a bit level headed with that). He runs into the ring and says "I'm John Cena." and the crowd goes ABSOLUTELY CRAZY, so... Who? I would put him against Bobby Lashley, Batista, or have Booker T cheat to beat him, but there is no one else that could win (and Cena is more then willing to lose for the greater good, it's not on his part) believably to 90% of the people watching. Undertaker and Kane maybe, or a really gross Boogieman (maybe... I really think the Boogieman is alot more over already then they let him be). ON TOPIC: WCW as a fourth brand would have to wait till ECW becomes more legit. I would then use different people already on all three rosters that was also part of WCW (I don't know how many are left). I would try and get Bill Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and maybe a couple of Cameo's from Randy Savage also. I would definately try to get the Four Horseman (are they alive?), and NWO into the first six months of it. I would get all the people that were the main eventers back then, and use them as much as they could handle the first two or three months. Then, bassically like everyone else has been saying. Gradually build up newer and younger stars to take over. I would use Hogan and the other's very minimal after a while, to make sure that this happens... The biggest thing to help with that is to make them have realistic friendships on camera... Have a younger worker keep getting screwed, and have Hogan run out and finally save him, and start watching his back. Have it seem as though these older guys are helping them wrestle better (lol, half of them need the lessons worse then the newer, but you get my drift). They could easily start having feuds involving Hogan's main student versus Nash's, etc. After a while, during angles, it would become clear that the newer/younger athlete has surpassed his teacher, and this is what would lead to a legitimate passing of the torch. As all this starts to get better, and they end up with a two hour show as well, I would definately start having them interfere with Raw, and vice versa. Maybe straight off the bat. This is how I would book it anyways.

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;159267]I used to love the WCW back in the NWO days and watched WWF as Raw slowly started getting viewers back ( DX's military march).. and it was classic, but when you start having "Hollywood" being world champs, it's a little stupid and ruins the credibility of any wrestling organization, I frankly could care less about seeing Federline vs. Cena... I think the WWE is really screwing up.. I stated this in an earlier post on another thread... If you are that desperate to get people to watch, then I can't help you... it's bad enough right now anyway.. so why would you do something to further your demise... I am no longer watching Raw, due to this crap...[/QUOTE] LOL, I kind of see it differently myself. I don't think they really meant to use him in a match against Cena, and I don't believe for a minute they are going to try and make a "legitimate" match out of it, even if it was just to have that guy cheating to try and win. I see it as a comical effort moreso then a legitimate match up... I mean, Cena bassically beat him easier then he beat Lita already. IF they do make it a legitimate match, then I would definately see eye to eye with you. For the most part, I can kind of see what's going on here though. WHO on the Raw roster could be a legitimate challenge for Cena now????? I mean, he is over like never before, and let's face it, the only other guy on the roster that would be a believable loss for Cena at this point is Triple H. I know Cena don't really have that great of skills in the ring, but they guy is entertaining as hell, and after this movie, he's just bigger then life right now (although his personality bassically keeps the crowd a bit level headed with that). He runs into the ring and says "I'm John Cena." and the crowd goes ABSOLUTELY CRAZY, so... Who? I would put him against Bobby Lashley, Batista, or have Booker T cheat to beat him, but there is no one else that could win (and Cena is more then willing to lose for the greater good, it's not on his part) believably to 90% of the people watching. Undertaker and Kane maybe, or a really gross Boogieman (maybe... I really think the Boogieman is alot more over already then they let him be). ON TOPIC: WCW as a fourth brand would have to wait till ECW becomes more legit. I would then use different people already on all three rosters that was also part of WCW (I don't know how many are left). I would try and get Bill Goldberg, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and maybe a couple of Cameo's from Randy Savage also. I would definately try to get the Four Horseman (are they alive?), and NWO into the first six months of it. I would get all the people that were the main eventers back then, and use them as much as they could handle the first two or three months. Then, bassically like everyone else has been saying. Gradually build up newer and younger stars to take over. I would use Hogan and the other's very minimal after a while, to make sure that this happens... The biggest thing to help with that is to make them have realistic friendships on camera... Have a younger worker keep getting screwed, and have Hogan run out and finally save him, and start watching his back. Have it seem as though these older guys are helping them wrestle better (lol, half of them need the lessons worse then the newer, but you get my drift). They could easily start having feuds involving Hogan's main student versus Nash's, etc. After a while, during angles, it would become clear that the newer/younger athlete has surpassed his teacher, and this is what would lead to a legitimate passing of the torch. As all this starts to get better, and they end up with a two hour show as well, I would definately start having them interfere with Raw, and vice versa. Maybe straight off the bat. This is how I would book it anyways.

Archived