WWF: 1983 - Death of the Territories

[CENTER][I]For those of who who read my Indy-structable diary, unfortunately CZW went in debt and I was fired from my in-game job forcing the diary to come to an end. Fortunately, once TEW 2007 comes out and a decent MOD is created, I will be purchasing the game and writing Indy-structable II. Untill then I've decided to occupy myself with a different style of diary. Everything in this diary will be held in the year 1983-onward. It will be interesting to see if I can make the transition from writing a Deathmatch diary to writing a 1983 Scenario diary. All of the data that is used belongs to D.O.T.T. MOD. The introduction was borrowed from the D.O.T.T. readme. Comment, leave suggestions/opinions and enjoy.[/I][/CENTER]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]World Wrestling Federation: 1983 [/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]The territorial system is gasping its last breath, but the honor system of sticking to one’s own region, as well as not raiding talent, is still in place amongst the old guard. In lieu of this, the ‘Big Three’ (AWA, WWF, and Mid-Atlantic) are beginning to see the logic in long term written contracts for their workers, but the practice is still a new one to many old-school promoters in the South. Many big name wrestlers continue the age-old tradition of pay-per-appearance deals, often times appearing in several promotions at one given time – in particular in the southern promotions where roster ‘trades’ were the norm. The NWA Board of Directors is currently beginning to show signs of cracking; Greedy eyes look toward the toddler cable industry and speculate on fortunes made. Jim Crockett Jr. – owner of the Mid-Atlantic promotion, Bob Geigel of the Central States, Eddie Graham of Florida, Fritz Von Erich in Texas, and Vince McMahon in the New England/Tri-State regions are beginning to sense changes in the wind. After having recently gained control of the WWF promotion from his father, McMahon is soon to officially leave the NWA organization, informally declaring war on the agreed upon territorial system that has been in place since the late 40s. While the WW(W)F promotion has always been seen as independent of the NWA Board, both Vincent McMahon Sr. and his son Vince McMahon have voted upon key issues at meetings; in particular, the voting in of Ric Flair as NWA World Champion.[/COLOR] [B][U]1982 [/U][/B] [B]June:[/B] Vince McMahon Jr. and TitanSports purchases Capitol Wrestling Corporation from his father and other shareholders. [B]June 28:[/B] In one of the most memorable and dramatic moments in Madison Square Garden wrestling history, Jimmy Snuka performs his “superfly” flying bodypress from the top of the steel cage in a match against WWF World champion Bob Backlund. He misses, and Backlund escapes from the cage with his title reign intact. [B]July 4:[/B] WWF World champion Bob Backlund battles NWA World champion Ric Flair in Atlanta’s Omni. The bout ends in a double-disqualification after about 20 minutes of furious action. [B][U]1983[/U][/B] [B]January:[/B] It's currently 1983 and WWF is ready to take their wrestling product to a mainstream audience. Vince McMahon Jr. and TitanSports are in their second year as the owners of World Wrestling Federation. Vince McMahon Jr. decides to place all of his talent under written contract and decides to start raiding other companies for talent. Will TitanSports and Vincent K. McMahon Jr. take over the wrestling world?! [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]World Wrestling Federation: 1983 [/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]The territorial system is gasping its last breath, but the honor system of sticking to one’s own region, as well as not raiding talent, is still in place amongst the old guard. In lieu of this, the ‘Big Three’ (AWA, WWF, and Mid-Atlantic) are beginning to see the logic in long term written contracts for their workers, but the practice is still a new one to many old-school promoters in the South. Many big name wrestlers continue the age-old tradition of pay-per-appearance deals, often times appearing in several promotions at one given time – in particular in the southern promotions where roster ‘trades’ were the norm. The NWA Board of Directors is currently beginning to show signs of cracking; Greedy eyes look toward the toddler cable industry and speculate on fortunes made. Jim Crockett Jr. – owner of the Mid-Atlantic promotion, Bob Geigel of the Central States, Eddie Graham of Florida, Fritz Von Erich in Texas, and Vince McMahon in the New England/Tri-State regions are beginning to sense changes in the wind. After having recently gained control of the WWF promotion from his father, McMahon is soon to officially leave the NWA organization, informally declaring war on the agreed upon territorial system that has been in place since the late 40s. While the WW(W)F promotion has always been seen as independent of the NWA Board, both Vincent McMahon Sr. and his son Vince McMahon have voted upon key issues at meetings; in particular, the voting in of Ric Flair as NWA World Champion.[/COLOR] [B][U]1982 [/U][/B] [B]June:[/B] Vince McMahon Jr. and TitanSports purchases Capitol Wrestling Corporation from his father and other shareholders. [B]June 28:[/B] In one of the most memorable and dramatic moments in Madison Square Garden wrestling history, Jimmy Snuka performs his “superfly” flying bodypress from the top of the steel cage in a match against WWF World champion Bob Backlund. He misses, and Backlund escapes from the cage with his title reign intact. [B]July 4:[/B] WWF World champion Bob Backlund battles NWA World champion Ric Flair in Atlanta’s Omni. The bout ends in a double-disqualification after about 20 minutes of furious action. [B][U]1983[/U][/B] [B]January:[/B] It's currently 1983 and WWF is ready to take their wrestling product to a mainstream audience. Vince McMahon Jr. and TitanSports are in their second year as the owners of World Wrestling Federation. Vince McMahon Jr. decides to place all of his talent under written contract and decides to start raiding other companies for talent. Will TitanSports and Vincent K. McMahon Jr. take over the wrestling world?! [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Legend[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Red = Heel[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Blue = Face[/COLOR] [SIZE="6"][B]World Wrestling Federation [/B][/SIZE] [U][B]Champions[/B][/U] [COLOR="Blue"]WWF Heavyweight Champion: Bob Backlund WWF Intercontinental Champion: Pedro Morales WWF Tag Team Champions: The Strongbows(Chief Jay Strongbow & Jules Strongbow)[/COLOR] [B][U]Roster[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Afa[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Andre the Giant[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Big John Studd[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Bob Backlund Bruno Sammartino[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Charlie Fulton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Chief Jay Strongbow David Sammartino[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Don Muraco Eddie Gilbert George "The Animal" Steele[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Frankie Williams[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Ivan Putski[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jimmy Snuka[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Johnny Rodz[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Jules Strongbow[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Masked Superstar Mr. Fuji[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Pedro Morales[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"The Crippler" Ray Stevens[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Rene Goulet[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Soulman" Rocky Johnson "Special Delievery" S.D. Jones Salvatore Bellomo[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Sika "Superstar" Billy Graham The Iron Shiek Tiger Chung Lee[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Tito Santana "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas[/COLOR] [B][U]Tag Teams[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]The Soulmen: Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas The Strongbows: Chief Jay Strongbow & Jules Strongbow[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee The Wild Samoans: Afa & Sika[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Legend[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Red = Heel[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Blue = Face[/COLOR] [SIZE="6"][B]World Wrestling Federation [/B][/SIZE] [U][B]Champions[/B][/U] [COLOR="Blue"]WWF Heavyweight Champion: Bob Backlund WWF Intercontinental Champion: Pedro Morales WWF Tag Team Champions: The Strongbows(Chief Jay Strongbow & Jules Strongbow)[/COLOR] [B][U]Roster[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Afa[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Andre the Giant[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Big John Studd[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Bob Backlund Bruno Sammartino[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Charlie Fulton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Chief Jay Strongbow David Sammartino[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Don Muraco Eddie Gilbert George "The Animal" Steele[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Frankie Williams[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Ivan Putski[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jimmy Snuka[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Johnny Rodz[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Jules Strongbow[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Masked Superstar Mr. Fuji[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Pedro Morales[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]"The Crippler" Ray Stevens[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Rene Goulet[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]"Soulman" Rocky Johnson "Special Delievery" S.D. Jones Salvatore Bellomo[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Sika "Superstar" Billy Graham The Iron Shiek Tiger Chung Lee[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Tito Santana "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas[/COLOR] [B][U]Tag Teams[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]The Soulmen: Rocky Johnson & Tony Atlas The Strongbows: Chief Jay Strongbow & Jules Strongbow[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee The Wild Samoans: Afa & Sika[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Monday, Week 1, January 1983 (News & Info)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]-World Wrestling Federation has ended their working relationship with Mid-South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling & New Japan Pro Wrestling. All 3 promotions took offense to WWF's business move and have declared war on the company. [/COLOR] [B][U]Monday, Week 1, January 1983 (Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling ran an event at the Mayan Theatre, infront of 1,000 people, here are the results... Corporal Kelly defeated Olympia E Beastie defeated Scarlette D Tina Ferrari defeated Ashley Cartier C- Tammy Jones defeated Tara C-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating[/B]: D [B]All Japan Pro Wrestling:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]-All Japan Pro Wrestling ran Kings Road at the Miyagi Budokan, infront of 2,000 people, here are the results... Giant Baba & Genichiro Tenryu defeated Kojika & Goro C+ Okuma & Kawada defeated Apollo & Misawa C- Masanobu Fuchi defeated Shiro Koshinaka C+ Takashi Ishikawa & Akio Sato defeated Chavo & Dragon to retain the All Asia Tag Titles C Man of 1,000 Masks, Hara & Rocky defeated Kabuki, Ueda & Fuyuki C+ Atsushi Onita defeated Mitsuo Momota to retain the NWA International Jr. Heavyweight Title C+ Bruiser Brody defeated Mighty Inoue C+ Terry Funk defeated Dory Funk Jr. A Jumbo Tsuruta defeated defeated Stan Hansen to retain the NWA United Nation Heavyweight Title A[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating[/B]: B+ [B]All-Star Wrestling:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]-All-Star Wrestling ran an event at the War Memorial Gym, infront of 269 people, here are the results... Wojo the BC Hulk defeated Rick Davis F Al Tomko & Igor Volkoff defeated Moondog & Diamond Timothy C- Olsen defeated Rich & Adonis for the All-Star Television Title E Ho defeated Bulldog Bob & Honkytonk Man C Buzz Taylor defeated Moose Morowski to win the Canadian Heavyweight Title C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating[/B]: C[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Monday, Week 1, January 1983 (News & Info)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]-World Wrestling Federation has ended their working relationship with Mid-South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling & New Japan Pro Wrestling. All 3 promotions took offense to WWF's business move and have declared war on the company. [/COLOR] [B][U]Monday, Week 1, January 1983 (Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling ran an event at the Mayan Theatre, infront of 1,000 people, here are the results... Corporal Kelly defeated Olympia E Beastie defeated Scarlette D Tina Ferrari defeated Ashley Cartier C- Tammy Jones defeated Tara C-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating[/B]: D [B]All Japan Pro Wrestling:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]-All Japan Pro Wrestling ran Kings Road at the Miyagi Budokan, infront of 2,000 people, here are the results... Giant Baba & Genichiro Tenryu defeated Kojika & Goro C+ Okuma & Kawada defeated Apollo & Misawa C- Masanobu Fuchi defeated Shiro Koshinaka C+ Takashi Ishikawa & Akio Sato defeated Chavo & Dragon to retain the All Asia Tag Titles C Man of 1,000 Masks, Hara & Rocky defeated Kabuki, Ueda & Fuyuki C+ Atsushi Onita defeated Mitsuo Momota to retain the NWA International Jr. Heavyweight Title C+ Bruiser Brody defeated Mighty Inoue C+ Terry Funk defeated Dory Funk Jr. A Jumbo Tsuruta defeated defeated Stan Hansen to retain the NWA United Nation Heavyweight Title A[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating[/B]: B+ [B]All-Star Wrestling:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]-All-Star Wrestling ran an event at the War Memorial Gym, infront of 269 people, here are the results... Wojo the BC Hulk defeated Rick Davis F Al Tomko & Igor Volkoff defeated Moondog & Diamond Timothy C- Olsen defeated Rich & Adonis for the All-Star Television Title E Ho defeated Bulldog Bob & Honkytonk Man C Buzz Taylor defeated Moose Morowski to win the Canadian Heavyweight Title C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating[/B]: C[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Tuesday, Week 1, January 1983(Television Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Television[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "Championship Wrestling" live on Cable TV East [B]Tag Team Action: [/B] Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee take on Rocky Johnson & WWF IC Champion, Pedro Morales [B]Singles Match:[/B] Afa goes one-on-one with Bruno Sammartino [B]Non-Title Main Event Match:[/B] WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, competes against The Masked Superstar Plus much much more!![/COLOR] [I]Predictions/thoughts/opinions all appreciated.[/I] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Tuesday, Week 1, January 1983(Television Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Television[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "Championship Wrestling" live on Cable TV East [B]Tag Team Action: [/B] Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee take on Rocky Johnson & WWF IC Champion, Pedro Morales [B]Singles Match:[/B] Afa goes one-on-one with Bruno Sammartino [B]Non-Title Main Event Match:[/B] WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, competes against The Masked Superstar Plus much much more!![/COLOR] [I]Predictions/thoughts/opinions all appreciated.[/I] [/CENTER]

[QUOTE=TOOL;159249][CENTER][B][U]Tuesday, Week 2, January 1983(Television Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Television[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "Championship Wrestling" live on Cable TV East [B]Tag Team Action: [/B] Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee take on Rocky Johnson & WWF IC Champion, Pedro Morales [B]Singles Match:[/B] Afa goes one-on-one with Bruno Sammartino [B]Non-Title Main Event Match:[/B] WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, competes against The Masked Superstar Plus much much more!![/COLOR] [I]Predictions/thoughts/opinions all appreciated.[/I] [/CENTER][/QUOTE] It's amazing the WWF transformed so well and so quickly given the real lack of depth in their roster at that stage. And I say that in comparison to say Mid Atlantic who had Flair, Piper, Valentine, Harley Race came through there at times, Jimmy Valiant, Wahoo McDaniel and the like. The WWF in my eyes then also had a very ordinary champion. So that'd be one focus is moving the belt of a little bit country Bob Backlund. Predictions:- Rocky Johnson and Pedro Morales Bruno Sammartino Bob Backlund I'd be looking at revolutionising the roster, even relative unknowns like "The Exotic One" Adrian Street who have good broad wrestling skills could be good long term acquisitions. Good luck with it, I'm very keen on the DOTT mod and the scenarios that can be played off that.

[QUOTE=TOOL;159249][CENTER][B][U]Tuesday, Week 2, January 1983(Television Lineup)[/U][/B] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Television[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-World Wrestling Federation presents "Championship Wrestling" live on Cable TV East [B]Tag Team Action: [/B] Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee take on Rocky Johnson & WWF IC Champion, Pedro Morales [B]Singles Match:[/B] Afa goes one-on-one with Bruno Sammartino [B]Non-Title Main Event Match:[/B] WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, competes against The Masked Superstar Plus much much more!![/COLOR] [I]Predictions/thoughts/opinions all appreciated.[/I] [/CENTER][/QUOTE] It's amazing the WWF transformed so well and so quickly given the real lack of depth in their roster at that stage. And I say that in comparison to say Mid Atlantic who had Flair, Piper, Valentine, Harley Race came through there at times, Jimmy Valiant, Wahoo McDaniel and the like. The WWF in my eyes then also had a very ordinary champion. So that'd be one focus is moving the belt of a little bit country Bob Backlund. Predictions:- Rocky Johnson and Pedro Morales Bruno Sammartino Bob Backlund I'd be looking at revolutionising the roster, even relative unknowns like "The Exotic One" Adrian Street who have good broad wrestling skills could be good long term acquisitions. Good luck with it, I'm very keen on the DOTT mod and the scenarios that can be played off that.

Yeah, the WWE Roster is on the weak side at this stage. It's funny that 2 years later they managed to create some mega superstars like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, King Kong Bundy...etc. Thanks for the predictions. Writing the shows and bulking up the roster should be a challenge but I enjoy taking on challenges within the TEW world.

Yeah, the WWE Roster is on the weak side at this stage. It's funny that 2 years later they managed to create some mega superstars like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, King Kong Bundy...etc. Thanks for the predictions. Writing the shows and bulking up the roster should be a challenge but I enjoy taking on challenges within the TEW world.

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/DonMuraco4.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/SalvatoreBellomo1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="4"](Dark Match) Don Muraco vs Salvatore Bellomo[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE] [I]Don Maraco dominated and squashed Salvatore Bellomo with an Oriental Spike. [/I] [B]Don Muraco defeated Salvatore Bellomo in 4:52 by submission with an Oriental Spike. C+[/B] [B][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/JulesStrongbow1.jpg[/IMG][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/ChiefJayStrongbow3.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/JohnnyRodz1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/ReneGoulet1.jpg[/IMG] (Dark Match) The Strongbows vs Johnny Rodz & Rene Goulet[/SIZE][/B] [I]WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows dominated the entire match. Chief Jay Strongbow put Rene Goulet away with a Sleeper Hold.[/I] [B]The Strongbows defeated Johnny Rodz and Rene Goulet in 5:36 when Chief Jay Strongbow defeated Rene Goulet by submission with a Sleeper. C+[/B] _______________________________________________________ [B][SIZE="6"]WWF Championship Wrestling 5,000 people at the A.J. Palumbo Center[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Introduction[/U][/B] [I][COLOR="Blue"]Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon are at the broadcasting area.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Welcome ladies & gentlemen to WWF Championship Wrestling!! I'm Vince McMahon along with my broadcast partner Gorilla Monsoon... [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: And we certainly have one helluva show for everyone tonight... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head down to ringside for some Tag Team action!! [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RockyJohnson1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/PedroMorales1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/Mr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/TigerChungLee.jpg[/IMG] Rocky Johnson & Pedro Morales vs Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Rocky Johnson & Pedro Moraeles meshed well as a tag team. The two used some great tag team wrestling moves. -Pedro Morales used some impressive offense untill Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee double teamed him. -Fuji & Lee isolated Pedro Morales away from his corner. -Pedro fights his way back and finally tags Rocky Johnson. -Rocky Johnson cleans house and beats Mr. Fuji with a Powerslam. [/I] [B]Rocky Johnson and Pedro Morales defeated Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee in 9:49 when Rocky Johnson defeated Mr. Fuji by pinfall with a Powerslam. B-[/B] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Woah!! Whatta great matchup to kickoff tonight's event... [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] Pedro Morales and Rocky Johnson looked great as a Tag Team, it'll be interesting to see if these two continue to stay as a tag team... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head backstage where Lord Alfred Hayes is with Captain Lou Albano and Jimmy Snuka... [B][U]Backstage with Captain Lou Albano & Jimmy Snuka[/U][/B] [I] [COLOR="blue"]Lord Alfred Hayes is backstage with Captain Lou Albano & Jimmy Snuka.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Thank you, I'm back here with Captain Lou Albano and his associate Jimmy Snuka. [B]Captain Lou Albano[/B]: Lord Alfred Hayes, my client is ready, he's ready to take on the champion. So tonight, we're officaly DEMANDING a Heavyweight Championship match against the title holder, Bob Backlund!! And untill Bob Backlund accepts our offering we'll be destroying the WWF Roster man by man!! Lets get outta here, Snuka... [I][COLOR="blue"]Captain Lou Albano and Jimmy Snuka walk off leaving Lord Alfred Hayes alone.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Well Captain Lou Albano and Jimmy Snuka have just out a challenge to the WWF Heavyweight Champion, keep tuned in to see if he accepts. Back to you at ringside.... [B]Segment Rating: A[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/Afa1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BrunoSammartino3.jpg[/IMG] Afa vs Bruno Sammartino[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Afa ambushes Sammartino from behind right after the bell sounds. -Sammartino tries to fight back but Afa stops him from gaining any momentum. -Afa attempts a Diving Headbutt but Sammartino rolls out of the way, sending Afa crashing hard. -Bruno Sammartino fights back and beats Afa with a Backbreaker. [/I] [B]Bruno Sammartino defeated Afa in 9:33 by pinfall with a Sammartino Backbreaker. B+[/B] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Bruno Sammartino comes out with yet another victory over Afa!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: A lot of people were questioning wether Bruno Sammartino would be able to hang-it with a much younger generation of wrestling, as of now he's proving that he can pretty nicely... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head backstage once again where Lord Alfred Hayes is with Superstar Billy Graham... [B][U]Backstage with Superstar Billy Graham[/U][/B] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Thank you gentlemen, I'm here with Superstar Billy Graham and I understand that he has a special challenge for "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas... [B]Superstar Billy Graham[/B]: That's right, Alfred. I've been away from the WWF for quite some time but fortunately for all of you, I'm back. And I'm back to show all of those pencil neck geeks just how great I am. I'm throwing out a challenge to "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas, a former pro-powerlifter, to an Arm Wrestling Contest!! That's right. Not only am I going to make Tony Atlas look like a fool but I will prove to everyone that I am the strongest man in the World Wrestling Federation!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: You heard it hear folks, Superstar Billy Graham has just challenged former Pro-Powerlifter "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas to a Arm Wrestling Contest!! Back to you gentlemen at ringside.... [B]Segment Rating: B[/B] [B][U]$5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/U][/B] [I][COLOR="blue"]Freddie Blassie and Big John Studd walk out and step inside of the ring. Freddie Blassie grabs the microphone from the ring announcer.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: Shut up and give Big John Studd the respect he deserves!! There's a man going around and calling himself the giant of WWF but everyone knows that there's only one true giant and that's Big John Studd. So tonight, I'm offering anyone in the back $5,000 to walk out here and try to Body Slam the largest man in wrestling!! [I] [COLOR="blue"]"Special Delievery" S.D. Jones walks out and slides into the wrestling ring[/COLOR].[/I] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: So out of everyone in the back, YOU'RE accepting the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge?! Very well. Ring the bell.. [I][COLOR="blue"]Freddie Blassie steps out of the ring while the Offical Referee calls for the bell.[/COLOR] [/I] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/S.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BigJohnStudd1.jpg[/IMG] $5,000 Body Slam Challenge S.D. Jones vs Big John Studd[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-S.D. Jones attempts to Body Slam Big John Studd but he is unsuccesful. -Studd nails him across the back and hits a GIANT Body Slam on S.D. Jones. He covers him for the pinfall. [/I] [B]Big John Studd defeated S.D. Jones in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/B] [B]Segment Rating: A[/B] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] You've gotta give it up to S.D. Jones. He came out here and gave it his all in Freddie Blassie's challenge... [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] $5,000 is quite the large sum. They won't have any problems finding more challengers... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: It's time for our main event, WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, will take on The Masked Superstar... [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: If The Masked Superstar wins this Non-Title match, he could very well be a #1 Contender to Backlunds championship.... [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/MaskedSuperstar.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BobBacklund3.jpg[/IMG] The Masked Superstar vs Bob Backlund[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Backlund out-wrestles Masked Superstar, applying various wrestling holds on him. -Masked Superstar catches Bob Backlund with a Snake-eyes across the Top Ropes. -Masked Superstar gets some offense on Backlund. -Bob Backlund fights back but gets stopped with a Knee to the Mid-section. -Masked Superstar attempts to throws Backlund into the ropes but he counters it by applying a Crossface Chickenwing.[/I] [B]Bob Backlund defeated Masked Superstar in 7:41 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing. A[/B] [I][COLOR="blue"]After the match, Captain Lou Albano and Jimmy Snuka try to make their way down towards ringside. WWF officals hold them back as the Champion invites them inside of the ring.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Thank you for joining us, I'm Vince McMahon... [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: And I'm Gorilla Monsoon. Goodnight everyone!! [B][SIZE="4"]Final Show Rating: B+[/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/DonMuraco4.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/SalvatoreBellomo1.jpg[/IMG] [B][SIZE="4"](Dark Match) Don Muraco vs Salvatore Bellomo[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE] [I]Don Maraco dominated and squashed Salvatore Bellomo with an Oriental Spike. [/I] [B]Don Muraco defeated Salvatore Bellomo in 4:52 by submission with an Oriental Spike. C+[/B] [B][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/JulesStrongbow1.jpg[/IMG][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/ChiefJayStrongbow3.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/JohnnyRodz1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/ReneGoulet1.jpg[/IMG] (Dark Match) The Strongbows vs Johnny Rodz & Rene Goulet[/SIZE][/B] [I]WWF Tag Team Champions, The Strongbows dominated the entire match. Chief Jay Strongbow put Rene Goulet away with a Sleeper Hold.[/I] [B]The Strongbows defeated Johnny Rodz and Rene Goulet in 5:36 when Chief Jay Strongbow defeated Rene Goulet by submission with a Sleeper. C+[/B] _______________________________________________________ [B][SIZE="6"]WWF Championship Wrestling 5,000 people at the A.J. Palumbo Center[/SIZE][/B] [B][U]Introduction[/U][/B] [I][COLOR="Blue"]Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon are at the broadcasting area.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Welcome ladies & gentlemen to WWF Championship Wrestling!! I'm Vince McMahon along with my broadcast partner Gorilla Monsoon... [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: And we certainly have one helluva show for everyone tonight... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head down to ringside for some Tag Team action!! [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RockyJohnson1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/PedroMorales1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/Mr.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/TigerChungLee.jpg[/IMG] Rocky Johnson & Pedro Morales vs Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Rocky Johnson & Pedro Moraeles meshed well as a tag team. The two used some great tag team wrestling moves. -Pedro Morales used some impressive offense untill Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee double teamed him. -Fuji & Lee isolated Pedro Morales away from his corner. -Pedro fights his way back and finally tags Rocky Johnson. -Rocky Johnson cleans house and beats Mr. Fuji with a Powerslam. [/I] [B]Rocky Johnson and Pedro Morales defeated Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee in 9:49 when Rocky Johnson defeated Mr. Fuji by pinfall with a Powerslam. B-[/B] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Woah!! Whatta great matchup to kickoff tonight's event... [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] Pedro Morales and Rocky Johnson looked great as a Tag Team, it'll be interesting to see if these two continue to stay as a tag team... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head backstage where Lord Alfred Hayes is with Captain Lou Albano and Jimmy Snuka... [B][U]Backstage with Captain Lou Albano & Jimmy Snuka[/U][/B] [I] [COLOR="blue"]Lord Alfred Hayes is backstage with Captain Lou Albano & Jimmy Snuka.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Thank you, I'm back here with Captain Lou Albano and his associate Jimmy Snuka. [B]Captain Lou Albano[/B]: Lord Alfred Hayes, my client is ready, he's ready to take on the champion. So tonight, we're officaly DEMANDING a Heavyweight Championship match against the title holder, Bob Backlund!! And untill Bob Backlund accepts our offering we'll be destroying the WWF Roster man by man!! Lets get outta here, Snuka... [I][COLOR="blue"]Captain Lou Albano and Jimmy Snuka walk off leaving Lord Alfred Hayes alone.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Well Captain Lou Albano and Jimmy Snuka have just out a challenge to the WWF Heavyweight Champion, keep tuned in to see if he accepts. Back to you at ringside.... [B]Segment Rating: A[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/Afa1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BrunoSammartino3.jpg[/IMG] Afa vs Bruno Sammartino[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Afa ambushes Sammartino from behind right after the bell sounds. -Sammartino tries to fight back but Afa stops him from gaining any momentum. -Afa attempts a Diving Headbutt but Sammartino rolls out of the way, sending Afa crashing hard. -Bruno Sammartino fights back and beats Afa with a Backbreaker. [/I] [B]Bruno Sammartino defeated Afa in 9:33 by pinfall with a Sammartino Backbreaker. B+[/B] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Bruno Sammartino comes out with yet another victory over Afa!! [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: A lot of people were questioning wether Bruno Sammartino would be able to hang-it with a much younger generation of wrestling, as of now he's proving that he can pretty nicely... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Let's head backstage once again where Lord Alfred Hayes is with Superstar Billy Graham... [B][U]Backstage with Superstar Billy Graham[/U][/B] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Thank you gentlemen, I'm here with Superstar Billy Graham and I understand that he has a special challenge for "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas... [B]Superstar Billy Graham[/B]: That's right, Alfred. I've been away from the WWF for quite some time but fortunately for all of you, I'm back. And I'm back to show all of those pencil neck geeks just how great I am. I'm throwing out a challenge to "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas, a former pro-powerlifter, to an Arm Wrestling Contest!! That's right. Not only am I going to make Tony Atlas look like a fool but I will prove to everyone that I am the strongest man in the World Wrestling Federation!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: You heard it hear folks, Superstar Billy Graham has just challenged former Pro-Powerlifter "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas to a Arm Wrestling Contest!! Back to you gentlemen at ringside.... [B]Segment Rating: B[/B] [B][U]$5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/U][/B] [I][COLOR="blue"]Freddie Blassie and Big John Studd walk out and step inside of the ring. Freddie Blassie grabs the microphone from the ring announcer.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: Shut up and give Big John Studd the respect he deserves!! There's a man going around and calling himself the giant of WWF but everyone knows that there's only one true giant and that's Big John Studd. So tonight, I'm offering anyone in the back $5,000 to walk out here and try to Body Slam the largest man in wrestling!! [I] [COLOR="blue"]"Special Delievery" S.D. Jones walks out and slides into the wrestling ring[/COLOR].[/I] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B]: So out of everyone in the back, YOU'RE accepting the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge?! Very well. Ring the bell.. [I][COLOR="blue"]Freddie Blassie steps out of the ring while the Offical Referee calls for the bell.[/COLOR] [/I] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/S.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BigJohnStudd1.jpg[/IMG] $5,000 Body Slam Challenge S.D. Jones vs Big John Studd[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-S.D. Jones attempts to Body Slam Big John Studd but he is unsuccesful. -Studd nails him across the back and hits a GIANT Body Slam on S.D. Jones. He covers him for the pinfall. [/I] [B]Big John Studd defeated S.D. Jones in the $5,000 Body Slam Challenge[/B] [B]Segment Rating: A[/B] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] You've gotta give it up to S.D. Jones. He came out here and gave it his all in Freddie Blassie's challenge... [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] $5,000 is quite the large sum. They won't have any problems finding more challengers... [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: It's time for our main event, WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund, will take on The Masked Superstar... [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: If The Masked Superstar wins this Non-Title match, he could very well be a #1 Contender to Backlunds championship.... [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/MaskedSuperstar.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BobBacklund3.jpg[/IMG] The Masked Superstar vs Bob Backlund[/SIZE][/B] [B]Notable Spots[/B] [I]-Backlund out-wrestles Masked Superstar, applying various wrestling holds on him. -Masked Superstar catches Bob Backlund with a Snake-eyes across the Top Ropes. -Masked Superstar gets some offense on Backlund. -Bob Backlund fights back but gets stopped with a Knee to the Mid-section. -Masked Superstar attempts to throws Backlund into the ropes but he counters it by applying a Crossface Chickenwing.[/I] [B]Bob Backlund defeated Masked Superstar in 7:41 by submission with a Crossface Chickenwing. A[/B] [I][COLOR="blue"]After the match, Captain Lou Albano and Jimmy Snuka try to make their way down towards ringside. WWF officals hold them back as the Champion invites them inside of the ring.[/COLOR] [/I] [B]Vince McMahon[/B]: Thank you for joining us, I'm Vince McMahon... [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B]: And I'm Gorilla Monsoon. Goodnight everyone!! [B][SIZE="4"]Final Show Rating: B+[/SIZE][/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Wednesday, Week 1, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Blue"] -Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling ran "In Your Town!" at the Colonial Center, infront of 15,000 people. Here are the results... Roddy Pipper defeated Jimmy Valiant B Wahoo McDaniel & Jay Youngblood defeated Kernoodle & Kabuki B- Mosca Jr & King Kong Mosca defeated Mark Youngblood & Randy Mulkey C- The Assassian defeated Bill Mulkey D Srgt. Slaughter defeated Ricky Steamboat A Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy McGraw defeated Prvt. Nelson & South to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team Championships Nikita Koloff defeated The Assassian #2 for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title D Jack Briscoe defeated Harley Race A Ric Flair defeated Greg Valentine to retain the NWA Heavyweight Title B+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B[/B] [B]Mid-South Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="blue"]-Mid-South Wrestling held an event at the Steelman Fieldhouse, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Terry Taylor defeated Blade Runner Rock D Bill Dundee defeated Lanny Poffo C Krusher Khruschev defeated Butch Reed to retain the Mid-South TV Title C+ Ted DiBiase & Matt Borne defeated Junkyard Dogg & Mr. Wrestling II to retain the Mid-South Tag Titles B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Wednesday, Week 1, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Blue"] -Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling ran "In Your Town!" at the Colonial Center, infront of 15,000 people. Here are the results... Roddy Pipper defeated Jimmy Valiant B Wahoo McDaniel & Jay Youngblood defeated Kernoodle & Kabuki B- Mosca Jr & King Kong Mosca defeated Mark Youngblood & Randy Mulkey C- The Assassian defeated Bill Mulkey D Srgt. Slaughter defeated Ricky Steamboat A Rufus R. Jones & Bugsy McGraw defeated Prvt. Nelson & South to retain the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team Championships Nikita Koloff defeated The Assassian #2 for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title D Jack Briscoe defeated Harley Race A Ric Flair defeated Greg Valentine to retain the NWA Heavyweight Title B+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B[/B] [B]Mid-South Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="blue"]-Mid-South Wrestling held an event at the Steelman Fieldhouse, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Terry Taylor defeated Blade Runner Rock D Bill Dundee defeated Lanny Poffo C Krusher Khruschev defeated Butch Reed to retain the Mid-South TV Title C+ Ted DiBiase & Matt Borne defeated Junkyard Dogg & Mr. Wrestling II to retain the Mid-South Tag Titles B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Thursday, Week 1, January 1983(House Show Lineup)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]-WWF comes to Allentown Agriculture Hall with an action packed LIVE Event. Some of the matches scheduled for the event are.... [B]WWF Intercontinental Championship Match[/B] WWF IC Champion, Pedro Morales defends his championship against Don Muraco [B]Singles Match[/B] Tito Santana takes on Jimmy Snuka [B]6-Man Tag Team Action[/B] Big John Studd, The Masked Superstar & "The Crippler" Ray Stevens will face Andre the Giant, "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson & WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund Plus much much more!!! [/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Thursday, Week 1, January 1983(House Show Lineup)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Red"]-WWF comes to Allentown Agriculture Hall with an action packed LIVE Event. Some of the matches scheduled for the event are.... [B]WWF Intercontinental Championship Match[/B] WWF IC Champion, Pedro Morales defends his championship against Don Muraco [B]Singles Match[/B] Tito Santana takes on Jimmy Snuka [B]6-Man Tag Team Action[/B] Big John Studd, The Masked Superstar & "The Crippler" Ray Stevens will face Andre the Giant, "The Soulman" Rocky Johnson & WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund Plus much much more!!! [/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="6"][B]WWF In Your Neighborhood (House Show) 3,679 people at the Allentown Agriculture Hall [/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/DonMuraco4.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/PedroMorales1.jpg[/IMG] WWF Intercontinental Championship Don Muraco vs Pedro Morales(c)[/SIZE][/B] [I]Pedro gets the upperhand at first loses his momentum when Don Muraco uses the ring ropes to his advantage. Muraco dominates untill Pedro Morales starts to fight back. Muraco gets thrown across the ring with a HUGE Backdrop then hit with a Knee Drop Backbreaker. [/I] [B]Pedro Morales defeated Don Muraco in 9:36 by pinfall with a Knee Drop Backbreaker. Pedro Morales retains his WWF Intercontinental title. A[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BobBacklund3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/AndretheGiant3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RockyJohnson1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BigJohnStudd1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/MaskedSuperstar.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RayStevens2.jpg[/IMG] 6-Man Tag Team Action Bob Backlund, Andre the Giant & Rocky Johnson vs Big John Studd, Masked Superstar & Ray Stevens[/SIZE][/B] [I]The bad guys triple team Rocky Johnson and isolate him away from his corner. He tries to fight back but there's just too many of them. Masked Superstar and Ray Stevens hold Rocky Johnson so that Big John Studd can get in a cheap shot, luckily Rocky breaks their hold and Studd accidentaly nails his teammates. The Soulman makes the tag to Andre the Giant. Andre cleans house tossing Ray Stevens out of the ring. Studd charges at Andre but he side-steps him and sends him crashing to the outside. Andre the Giant nails Masked Superstar with a HUGE Bodyslam then finishes him off with a Butt Drop. [/I] [B]Bob Backlund, Andre the Giant and Rocky Johnson defeated Big John Studd, Masked Superstar and Ray Stevens in 9:42 when Andre the Giant defeated Masked Superstar by pinfall with a Butt Drop. A[/B] [B][U]In-Ring Interview with Tony Atlas[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Tony Atlas makes his way towards ringside. He steps inside of the ring where Lord Alfred Hayes is waiting for him. [/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to be standing next to "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas. Tony, thank you for joining me. [B]Tony Atlas[/B]: It's a pleasure Mr. Hayes. [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Ever since "Superstar" Billy Graham has challenged you to an Arm Wrestling Contest, the wrestling world has been buzzing. But the real question is, are you accepting his challenge? [B]Tony Atlas[/B]: Well ever since Mr. Graham has challenged me, all of my friends and fans have been asking me, "Are you going to accept?". Before I was a Professional Wrestler, I competed in Professional Powerlifting contests. I am not afraid of Billy Graham and I am here to personaly accept his challenge!! So next week, on WWF's Championship Wrestling, we will find out who's really the strongest man in the WWF!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] Wow!! You heard it hear folks!! Tony Atlas has accepted the challenge!! I can't wait to see the event so-- [COLOR="Blue"]Suddenly, Billy Graham slides into the ring and ambushes Tony Atlas from behind. He nails him with a Piledriver. The crowd goes insane. Graham runs out of the arena through the crowd once WWF officals run out. [/COLOR] [B]Segment Rating: C+[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/TitoSantana1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/JimmySnuka1.jpg[/IMG] Tito Santana vs Jimmy Snuka[/SIZE][/B] Tito Santana gets in some impressive offense at the start of the match. Unfortunately, Captain Lou Albano interferes and allows Jimmy Snuka to ambush him from behind. Snuka dominates the rest of the match and beats Santana with a Top Rope Splash. [B]Jimmy Snuka defeated Tito Santana in 7:59 by pinfall with a Superfly Splash. B[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Afterwards, Captain Lou Albanon instructs Jimmy Snuka to beat Tito Santana some more. Snuka starts stomping away at Tito and sets him up for another Superfly Splash when Bob Backlund comes running in and chases Snuka and Albano off. Bob Backlund attends to the beaten Tito Santana as the show comes to an end. [/COLOR] [B]Segment Rating: B[/B] [B][SIZE="4"]Final Rating: B+[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="6"][B]WWF In Your Neighborhood (House Show) 3,679 people at the Allentown Agriculture Hall [/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/DonMuraco4.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/PedroMorales1.jpg[/IMG] WWF Intercontinental Championship Don Muraco vs Pedro Morales(c)[/SIZE][/B] [I]Pedro gets the upperhand at first loses his momentum when Don Muraco uses the ring ropes to his advantage. Muraco dominates untill Pedro Morales starts to fight back. Muraco gets thrown across the ring with a HUGE Backdrop then hit with a Knee Drop Backbreaker. [/I] [B]Pedro Morales defeated Don Muraco in 9:36 by pinfall with a Knee Drop Backbreaker. Pedro Morales retains his WWF Intercontinental title. A[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BobBacklund3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/AndretheGiant3.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RockyJohnson1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/BigJohnStudd1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/MaskedSuperstar.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/RayStevens2.jpg[/IMG] 6-Man Tag Team Action Bob Backlund, Andre the Giant & Rocky Johnson vs Big John Studd, Masked Superstar & Ray Stevens[/SIZE][/B] [I]The bad guys triple team Rocky Johnson and isolate him away from his corner. He tries to fight back but there's just too many of them. Masked Superstar and Ray Stevens hold Rocky Johnson so that Big John Studd can get in a cheap shot, luckily Rocky breaks their hold and Studd accidentaly nails his teammates. The Soulman makes the tag to Andre the Giant. Andre cleans house tossing Ray Stevens out of the ring. Studd charges at Andre but he side-steps him and sends him crashing to the outside. Andre the Giant nails Masked Superstar with a HUGE Bodyslam then finishes him off with a Butt Drop. [/I] [B]Bob Backlund, Andre the Giant and Rocky Johnson defeated Big John Studd, Masked Superstar and Ray Stevens in 9:42 when Andre the Giant defeated Masked Superstar by pinfall with a Butt Drop. A[/B] [B][U]In-Ring Interview with Tony Atlas[/U][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Tony Atlas makes his way towards ringside. He steps inside of the ring where Lord Alfred Hayes is waiting for him. [/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to be standing next to "Mr. USA" Tony Atlas. Tony, thank you for joining me. [B]Tony Atlas[/B]: It's a pleasure Mr. Hayes. [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Ever since "Superstar" Billy Graham has challenged you to an Arm Wrestling Contest, the wrestling world has been buzzing. But the real question is, are you accepting his challenge? [B]Tony Atlas[/B]: Well ever since Mr. Graham has challenged me, all of my friends and fans have been asking me, "Are you going to accept?". Before I was a Professional Wrestler, I competed in Professional Powerlifting contests. I am not afraid of Billy Graham and I am here to personaly accept his challenge!! So next week, on WWF's Championship Wrestling, we will find out who's really the strongest man in the WWF!! [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] Wow!! You heard it hear folks!! Tony Atlas has accepted the challenge!! I can't wait to see the event so-- [COLOR="Blue"]Suddenly, Billy Graham slides into the ring and ambushes Tony Atlas from behind. He nails him with a Piledriver. The crowd goes insane. Graham runs out of the arena through the crowd once WWF officals run out. [/COLOR] [B]Segment Rating: C+[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/TitoSantana1.jpg[/IMG] vs [IMG]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/DOTTW1983/JimmySnuka1.jpg[/IMG] Tito Santana vs Jimmy Snuka[/SIZE][/B] Tito Santana gets in some impressive offense at the start of the match. Unfortunately, Captain Lou Albano interferes and allows Jimmy Snuka to ambush him from behind. Snuka dominates the rest of the match and beats Santana with a Top Rope Splash. [B]Jimmy Snuka defeated Tito Santana in 7:59 by pinfall with a Superfly Splash. B[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Afterwards, Captain Lou Albanon instructs Jimmy Snuka to beat Tito Santana some more. Snuka starts stomping away at Tito and sets him up for another Superfly Splash when Bob Backlund comes running in and chases Snuka and Albano off. Bob Backlund attends to the beaten Tito Santana as the show comes to an end. [/COLOR] [B]Segment Rating: B[/B] [B][SIZE="4"]Final Rating: B+[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Friday, Week 1, January 1983(Signings)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-World Wrestling Federation have just signed Roddy Pipper to the roster. He will be going under the name "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and scheduled to appear on WWF television at the near future. [/COLOR] [B][U]Friday, Week 1, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]New Japan Pro Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-New Japan Pro Wrestling ran "World Pro Wrestling" at the Nakajima Center, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Bulldog defeated Cobra & Takada C+ Osamu Kido defeated Kendo Nagasaki C+ Tiger Mask defeated Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the WWF Junoir Heavyweight Championship B- Antonio Inoki defeated Terry Bollea B[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B-[/B] [B]Maple Leaf Pro Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Maple Leaf Pro Wrestling ran "Ringside Wrestling" at the Kingston Memorial Centre, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Private Jim Nelson defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. for the MLW National Title D Pampero Firpo defeated Angelo Mosca C+ Yvon Cormier defeated Bobo Brazil C Gino Brito & Tony Parisi defeated The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers to retain the Canadian Open Tag Team Titles B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+ Pacific Northwest[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Pacific Northwest ran "Big Time Wrestling" at the Olson Auditorium, infront of 2,000. Here are the results... Dean Malenko defeated Dr. Tom Pritchard for the PNW National Title C- The Hustlers defeated Dizzy & Running Bear C Madril defeated Easy Ed & Billy Jack C+ Rip Oliver & The Assassian defeated Ho & Jules to retain the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team Titles C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Friday, Week 1, January 1983(Signings)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-World Wrestling Federation have just signed Roddy Pipper to the roster. He will be going under the name "Rowdy" Roddy Piper and scheduled to appear on WWF television at the near future. [/COLOR] [B][U]Friday, Week 1, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]New Japan Pro Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-New Japan Pro Wrestling ran "World Pro Wrestling" at the Nakajima Center, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Bulldog defeated Cobra & Takada C+ Osamu Kido defeated Kendo Nagasaki C+ Tiger Mask defeated Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the WWF Junoir Heavyweight Championship B- Antonio Inoki defeated Terry Bollea B[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: B-[/B] [B]Maple Leaf Pro Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Maple Leaf Pro Wrestling ran "Ringside Wrestling" at the Kingston Memorial Centre, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Private Jim Nelson defeated Angelo Mosca Jr. for the MLW National Title D Pampero Firpo defeated Angelo Mosca C+ Yvon Cormier defeated Bobo Brazil C Gino Brito & Tony Parisi defeated The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers to retain the Canadian Open Tag Team Titles B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+ Pacific Northwest[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Pacific Northwest ran "Big Time Wrestling" at the Olson Auditorium, infront of 2,000. Here are the results... Dean Malenko defeated Dr. Tom Pritchard for the PNW National Title C- The Hustlers defeated Dizzy & Running Bear C Madril defeated Easy Ed & Billy Jack C+ Rip Oliver & The Assassian defeated Ho & Jules to retain the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team Titles C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Sunday, Week 1, January 1983(Signings)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-World Wrestling Federation have just signed Terry Gene Bollea & Greg Valentine to the roster. Terry Gene Bollea will be going under the name Hulk Hogan, both wrestlers are scheduled to appear on WWF TV at the near future.[/COLOR] [B][U]Sunday, Week 1, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-Georgia Championship Wrestling ran an event at the Allen Arena, infront of 5,000 people. Here are the results.... Les Thornton defeated Brad Armstrong to retain the GCW Jr. Heavyweight Title C- Bret Wayne defeated Pez Whatley C- Ronnie Garvin defeated Road Warrior Hawk to retain the National Television Title C Larry Zbyszko defeated Thunderbolt Patterson B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B] [B]Central States Wrestling[/B] -[COLOR="red"]Central States ran "Wrestling at the Chase" at the Joplin Memorial Hall, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Roger Kirby defeated Bobby Fulton to retain the Central States TV Title C- Jerry Oates defeated Tank Patton C- The Moondogs defeated Bob Brown & Buzz Taylor to retain the Central States Tag Titles C Super Destroyer defeated Killer Karl Kox to retain the Central States Heavyweight Title C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C Championship Wrestling Alliance[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Championship Wrestling Alliance ran "CWA All-Stars" at the NWA Arena, infront of 1,000 people. Here are the results... Tony Falk defeated Rick Rude D Phil Hickerson & The Spoiler defeated The Exotic One & Taylor C- Jerry Lawler defeated Randy Savage B- Austin Idol defeated Steve Keirn to retain the AWA International Title C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][U]Sunday, Week 1, January 1983(Signings)[/U][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]-World Wrestling Federation have just signed Terry Gene Bollea & Greg Valentine to the roster. Terry Gene Bollea will be going under the name Hulk Hogan, both wrestlers are scheduled to appear on WWF TV at the near future.[/COLOR] [B][U]Sunday, Week 1, January 1983(Worldwide Results)[/U][/B] [B]Georgia Championship Wrestling[/B] [COLOR="Red"]-Georgia Championship Wrestling ran an event at the Allen Arena, infront of 5,000 people. Here are the results.... Les Thornton defeated Brad Armstrong to retain the GCW Jr. Heavyweight Title C- Bret Wayne defeated Pez Whatley C- Ronnie Garvin defeated Road Warrior Hawk to retain the National Television Title C Larry Zbyszko defeated Thunderbolt Patterson B-[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B] [B]Central States Wrestling[/B] -[COLOR="red"]Central States ran "Wrestling at the Chase" at the Joplin Memorial Hall, infront of 2,000 people. Here are the results... Roger Kirby defeated Bobby Fulton to retain the Central States TV Title C- Jerry Oates defeated Tank Patton C- The Moondogs defeated Bob Brown & Buzz Taylor to retain the Central States Tag Titles C Super Destroyer defeated Killer Karl Kox to retain the Central States Heavyweight Title C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C Championship Wrestling Alliance[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Championship Wrestling Alliance ran "CWA All-Stars" at the NWA Arena, infront of 1,000 people. Here are the results... Tony Falk defeated Rick Rude D Phil Hickerson & The Spoiler defeated The Exotic One & Taylor C- Jerry Lawler defeated Randy Savage B- Austin Idol defeated Steve Keirn to retain the AWA International Title C+[/COLOR] [B]Final Rating: C+[/B][/CENTER]

Archived