Bowlbound.net is back up!

Ok, I've revamped the site (I hope its visually pleasing) at [url]www.bowlbound.net[/url] I have all the mods that I have up and linked on the site. All four leagues that I'm aware of are linked. I NEED YOUR MODS! If someone would like to write an article or two for the site, please do so and let me know. I hope it transforms into a great vault for BB and all the GD titles. Enjoy and help me make it better!

at resolutions larger than 1024x768 the background doesn't work all that well. you might be able to improve the look on larger resolutions by fixing and centering the background image. worth experimenting with, if the web design part of this is enjoyable to you. with my browser resized, it looks good :) sorry, I'm a web developer and can't stop looking at sites with an eye toward design :D

at resolutions larger than 1024x768 the background doesn't work all that well. you might be able to improve the look on larger resolutions by fixing and centering the background image. worth experimenting with, if the web design part of this is enjoyable to you. with my browser resized, it looks good :) sorry, I'm a web developer and can't stop looking at sites with an eye toward design :D

[QUOTE=btmlltt;159389]at resolutions larger than 1024x768 the background doesn't work all that well. you might be able to improve the look on larger resolutions by fixing and centering the background image. worth experimenting with, if the web design part of this is enjoyable to you. with my browser resized, it looks good :) sorry, I'm a web developer and can't stop looking at sites with an eye toward design :D[/QUOTE] the b/g is a 1024x768 image, so that's why its doing that. The header is a part of the background, so I can't resize it easily. Most are viewing at the res is my hope.

[QUOTE=btmlltt;159389]at resolutions larger than 1024x768 the background doesn't work all that well. you might be able to improve the look on larger resolutions by fixing and centering the background image. worth experimenting with, if the web design part of this is enjoyable to you. with my browser resized, it looks good :) sorry, I'm a web developer and can't stop looking at sites with an eye toward design :D[/QUOTE] the b/g is a 1024x768 image, so that's why its doing that. The header is a part of the background, so I can't resize it easily. Most are viewing at the res is my hope.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;159393]the b/g is a 1024x768 image, so that's why its doing that. The header is a part of the background, so I can't resize it easily. Most are viewing at the res is my hope.[/QUOTE] I'm not either.. I'd suggest you cut out the logo and make it a pic of it's own rather than part of the background.. then tile the background as smaller images.. saves bandwidth for both your host and the user. Just some friendly website advice :)

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;159393]the b/g is a 1024x768 image, so that's why its doing that. The header is a part of the background, so I can't resize it easily. Most are viewing at the res is my hope.[/QUOTE] I'm not either.. I'd suggest you cut out the logo and make it a pic of it's own rather than part of the background.. then tile the background as smaller images.. saves bandwidth for both your host and the user. Just some friendly website advice :)

thanks for the advice, but I don't understand how anyone can see anything on the screen at higher resolutions than 1024x768. The header is now a separate picture and centers over the site in all resolutions. I haven't tiled the b/g because that would be very hard to do and keep the integrity of the shadows in tact. I've viewed it at higher resolutions and its not that bad now that the header graphic is centered.

thanks for the advice, but I don't understand how anyone can see anything on the screen at higher resolutions than 1024x768. The header is now a separate picture and centers over the site in all resolutions. I haven't tiled the b/g because that would be very hard to do and keep the integrity of the shadows in tact. I've viewed it at higher resolutions and its not that bad now that the header graphic is centered.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;159463]thanks for the advice, but I don't understand how anyone can see anything on the screen at higher resolutions than 1024x768. The header is now a separate picture and centers over the site in all resolutions. I haven't tiled the b/g because that would be very hard to do and keep the integrity of the shadows in tact. I've viewed it at higher resolutions and its not that bad now that the header graphic is centered.[/QUOTE] I have a 19" monitor and run 1280 * 1024 resolution.. wouldn't want it any other way :)

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;159463]thanks for the advice, but I don't understand how anyone can see anything on the screen at higher resolutions than 1024x768. The header is now a separate picture and centers over the site in all resolutions. I haven't tiled the b/g because that would be very hard to do and keep the integrity of the shadows in tact. I've viewed it at higher resolutions and its not that bad now that the header graphic is centered.[/QUOTE] I have a 19" monitor and run 1280 * 1024 resolution.. wouldn't want it any other way :)

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;159393]the b/g is a 1024x768 image, so that's why its doing that. The header is a part of the background, so I can't resize it easily. Most are viewing at the res is my hope.[/QUOTE]I realize that, hence the suggestion to center the background image and fix it. simple CSS [QUOTE=Cooleyvol;159393]thanks for the advice, but I don't understand how anyone can see anything on the screen at higher resolutions than 1024x768.[/QUOTE]LCD screens only look right in one resolution and that resolution isn't 1024x768 for any monitor you can buy off the shelf today.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;159393]the b/g is a 1024x768 image, so that's why its doing that. The header is a part of the background, so I can't resize it easily. Most are viewing at the res is my hope.[/QUOTE]I realize that, hence the suggestion to center the background image and fix it. simple CSS [QUOTE=Cooleyvol;159393]thanks for the advice, but I don't understand how anyone can see anything on the screen at higher resolutions than 1024x768.[/QUOTE]LCD screens only look right in one resolution and that resolution isn't 1024x768 for any monitor you can buy off the shelf today.

[QUOTE=btmlltt;159800]I realize that, hence the suggestion to center the background image and fix it. simple CSS LCD screens only look right in one resolution and that resolution isn't 1024x768 for any monitor you can buy off the shelf today.[/QUOTE] I've taken the header graphic off the b/g and centered it over the tables, fixing that problem. I've also looked at the site in larger resolutions and now there's only the line between the b/g image when viewed that way. I really don't see the problem, but I can resize the b/g image to much larger, I guess. Honestly, I have no idea of how to 'center' a b/g image using CSS.

[QUOTE=btmlltt;159800]I realize that, hence the suggestion to center the background image and fix it. simple CSS LCD screens only look right in one resolution and that resolution isn't 1024x768 for any monitor you can buy off the shelf today.[/QUOTE] I've taken the header graphic off the b/g and centered it over the tables, fixing that problem. I've also looked at the site in larger resolutions and now there's only the line between the b/g image when viewed that way. I really don't see the problem, but I can resize the b/g image to much larger, I guess. Honestly, I have no idea of how to 'center' a b/g image using CSS.

Archived