Shed some light please!?(Rant incoming)

djthefunkchris

Ok, I understand some of the personal attacks on the WWE, and even somewhat understand the occasional "Cena hater's", as his talent is limited in the form of true wrestling. I can understand alot of things, but what I don't understand is how things that are obviously (if you actually watch the show) one way on the show, yet talked about as almost exact opposite in these forums? Let me start with number one.... I have read thread after thread of how fast WWE match's are compared to TNA matchs. I watch both of the shows, and I keep timing them.......... So why the missinformation first? WWE match's (outside of the occassional Diva or Boogieman matchs) last quite a bit longer then TNA matchs on average. 10 minutes ussually, compared to WWE being between 15 to 30 minute match's (actually double the length of TNA for the last several months). The storylines are all eratic on TNA, with most of the stuff happening as if we cannot see it (like we are just eave's dropping into a room), Kind of a downplay to the fan base to me. WWE storylines ussually happen with the crowd watching, or the superstars are obviously addressing the crowd if they are elsewhere (in a room). They don't pretend like this is just some candid room shot. Everytime I watch TNA I have WCW flashbacks, yet on these boards WWE keeps being compared to WCW. WWE is said in many place's to only use old talent, and not any young workers. So lets do a quick comparison of this. WWE Main stars.. Undertaker, Kane, Batista, Booker T, John Cena, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Ric Flair, The Boogieman, Bobby Lashley, Dave Finlay, Ken Kennedy, RVD, Big Show, Hardcore Holly, CM Punk, Paul London, Brian Kendricks, Johnny Nitro, Randy Orton, Carlito, Umaga, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Gregory Helms, Shelton Benjamin, Khali, Benoit, William Regal, Triple H and Sean Michaels, etc. TNA Main Stars.. Kurt Angle (from WWE), Sting, Raven, Christian Cage (from WWE), Scott STeiner, AJ styles, Samoa Joe, Abyss, Christopher Daniels, BG James, Lex Lugar, the Brothers (used to be Dudley boys, from WWE), Rhino, James Storm, Jeff Jerret, Kevin Nash, Kip James, Chris Harris, Monty Brown, etc.... Both have more, obviously, but this is a good comparison. Now, tell me how the heck TNA has all these younger people (I didn't include the youngest in Either, but you can already think of some of the Spirit Squad guys, and Chris Masters, etc. as well.). It just seems so bias here, and if you do not aggree completely, you get attacked as if your a joke. Here is the fact, WWE is more popular then TNA. There is a very small handfull of TNA people that are actual stars in comparison with what the WWE has made, and making.... I have not seen a year go by when they weren't trying to bring someone new to the roster, and give them a legitimate shot... Some make it, other's don't. Both companies are very Sports Entertainment minded, I would not call TNA anything different then Sports Entertainment, but that is just an opinion, and I'm entitled to it, as others that oppose it are entitle'd to their opinions as well. No need to criticize someone else for thinking different. I want to point out John Cena too... I was watching when he was getting boo'd all the time. That has not happened since the beginning of the year, for almost a solid year he has not been boo'd, yet people act like he is getting boo'd all the time. I understood why, although I feel it had to do with him having the title entirely too long at his popularity at that time, then to do with his skills at all. He has overcome that, and probably the movie had something to do with it. The man has been all over regular TV as well, Regis, The Tonight show, sports specific shows, etc. He is a walking publicity stunt right now. He is over, VERY over right now. Next year people might boo him again, but when he was about to give Undertaker the "You Can't See Me" hit... The people went CRAZY (They wanted it to happen). Then when Undertaker grabbed Cena, the crowd cheered the Deadman. This match had NO BOO's at all. This should tell you something. People are not wanting Cena to lose right now, and although YOU Personally don't like John Cena, is no reason to criticise someone else that might think differently then you. I personally was never a John Cena fan. I never really cared for him, and to this day I don't really like him personally. However, everytime I see something misleading on the boards I feel the urge (and ussually succomb to it), to set the record at least halfway right. Was John Cena hated... YES. Is he right now, at this time, NO WAY, lol. He is on a roll, and he can go either way right now.. depends on how they use him more then anything. Your not going to convince other's to just bow down and accept that your right and they are wrong, when comparing these two brands. I will take anyones word on these forums over any other promotions, because I cannot toon in to see for myself. But right now, WWE shows are alot more entertaining then TNA, especially the ones you don't expect to be.. Undertaker and Kane going against Kennedy and MVP I thought was going to be horrific, and I didn't really want to watch that particular match. However, it ended up funny, entertaining, witty, and it told a very good story INSIDE The ring. That was not a fluke either, you get to watch a story alot with the WWE, right inside the ring. I have not seen this outside of Kurt Angle and Samao Joe, in TNA. I see Christian CAge talking about random crap, Jeff Jerret telling them "I'll get with you later!", and nothing really gelling together on the TV shows. However, the Kurt headbutting Joe was classic, and Makes me WANT to watch the show to see something like that again. It told a story, saying You might be undefeated, but I'm not afraid of you, and Joe saying back, I will not just go down that easy, you got me mixed up with someone else. Thats what I seen, when seeing that episode, just was too short and too little, nonetheless, perfectly done. Everyone wants that one to happen. Just explain to me, for those that just cannot stand WWE, why you must be misleading in your exagerated underating of their shows? Just sometimes, makes me wonder if your actually watching the show, or just looking up the results on the web? I believe your watching if you say you are, but we are definately not watching the same show. I don't know how many times people say "DX is just not working as well as they intended" when they are the number one marketing product in wrestling right now. How can you say thats a failure? How can you say John Cena is nothing, when he has the media all over him? I haven't seen that much media on a Wrestler since The Rock and Steve Austin to be honest. I never seen the media around The Undertaker as much as they are with Cena, and believe me, they would have been, then or now. Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Piper, The Rock, Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, King Kong Bundy, Jesse Ventura, Bret Hart, The Ultimate Warrior, The Iron Sheik, Randy Savage, Jesse James, Big Show, Triple H, heck, X-Pac, etc.. the list is endless. These guys had popularity, and if you know anything about wrestling you know these guys (US anyways, not to shun anybody else, but I'm talking about two american promotions). John Cena is everybit as popular as half that list, NOW, right Now. So you can hate him, and not think he deserves it, but I'll tell you, more people know who he is, moreso then Kevin Nash (not knocking anyone, just being honest), Jeff Jerret, The Ultimate Warrior (although was popular, not as...probably I would compare Cena with this guy, no talent yet charisma in bucketfulls), Bret Hart, and definately more popular then Eddie Guerrero ever was. John Cena is probably the most popular wrestler outside of wrestling RIGHT NOW. The Rock and Hulk Hogan are definately more popular to the general public, but you would be pressed to find someone other then. Back in the day, Piper, Sheik, Andre even, was all Hated just as much as any wrestler is today. Half the list at one time or another was hated, talked about, etc. The difference is you can look back at them in a more objective view, and see what they had back then. Ricky Steamboat, very entertaining, lol, Just goes on and on. SO, all I am saying is an explanation would be appreciated, and maybe I can understand these misleading, to the point of almost a straight out fib. /rant off

This whole WWE vs. TNA thing is getting ridicules. They both are sub part compared to what they could be. Sure John Cena is not a great or even good wrestler, but come on TNA is going to have an Abyss and Sting match. Is that in any way better? Talk about two wrestlers I have no reason to give a dam about. Why should I care about a match for a title between a champion who spent months saying how much he did not care about wining the title, and some guy in a mask they will never get as over as they keep trying to push him. What reason is there to care who wins the match? To be fair who in the hell though bringing K-Fed into the WWE in any way was a good idea. Seeing him and Cena in the ring together is a great reflection of what is wrong with the WWE. Angles that you have no reason to care about, as you ignore talent and better wrestlers. Why in the hell is the champion feuding with... I have no clue what to call K-Fed. Talentless never-will-be I guess. It makes me want to see some more Edge and Cena matches for another year. Back to TNA. It seems the people at TNA have no idea how to do promos except a few exceptions. First did Rhino and Cage lose all mic ability and charisma or what? Their interviews and bickering are horrible. They seem to have no ability, but to act like bitches. Even when Rhino is trying to act tuff and Cage is trying to be ****y, it seems like they're just whining. I have no interest in their feud any more. It has been beaten to death. Then throw in all the LAX and who ever they're going after this month. They attack and injure, next week it is in reverse, repeat, repeat, and repeat some more. They're as bad as DX with how repetitive they are. The Angle and Joe thing is being rushed so fast and hyped in such a boring way that if it wasn't a dream match it would bomb. Hype video of them talking about respect and how great they are. Fight until someone separates them. It's like they didn't have time for a proper build up so they are trying to do it in about a month. Wait that is what's going on and its TNA's own dam fault. The only people who seem to know how to do an entertaining promo are Nash and Shelly. It's the only non-wrestling aspect of TNA that is entertaining. I guess TNA's big problem is they seem to have bought a book of how to run your promotion the WCW style. Back to WWE. They having no eye for talent. You have Shelton Benjamin who might just be the best American wrestler use him. You have Jeff Hardy as the Intercontinental Champion stop using him or team him with Matt. Jeff cannot be a singles wrestler he is not good enough. Tell Carlito to stop trying to be a spot monkey; he messes up way too much. Keep the McMahon's out of the ring. The faces vs. the McMahon's started in 1997 its time we let it die. Smack the writers of Smackdown. They have talented people on the mic and some that can wrestle yet they can't produce a good story line. They both have many more problems, but no need to list them all. The thing to remember is they both are failing to use what the have. Instead of saying one sucks and one is good, we need to stop lying to our selves and say the truth they both suck.

This whole WWE vs. TNA thing is getting ridicules. They both are sub part compared to what they could be. Sure John Cena is not a great or even good wrestler, but come on TNA is going to have an Abyss and Sting match. Is that in any way better? Talk about two wrestlers I have no reason to give a dam about. Why should I care about a match for a title between a champion who spent months saying how much he did not care about wining the title, and some guy in a mask they will never get as over as they keep trying to push him. What reason is there to care who wins the match? To be fair who in the hell though bringing K-Fed into the WWE in any way was a good idea. Seeing him and Cena in the ring together is a great reflection of what is wrong with the WWE. Angles that you have no reason to care about, as you ignore talent and better wrestlers. Why in the hell is the champion feuding with... I have no clue what to call K-Fed. Talentless never-will-be I guess. It makes me want to see some more Edge and Cena matches for another year. Back to TNA. It seems the people at TNA have no idea how to do promos except a few exceptions. First did Rhino and Cage lose all mic ability and charisma or what? Their interviews and bickering are horrible. They seem to have no ability, but to act like bitches. Even when Rhino is trying to act tuff and Cage is trying to be ****y, it seems like they're just whining. I have no interest in their feud any more. It has been beaten to death. Then throw in all the LAX and who ever they're going after this month. They attack and injure, next week it is in reverse, repeat, repeat, and repeat some more. They're as bad as DX with how repetitive they are. The Angle and Joe thing is being rushed so fast and hyped in such a boring way that if it wasn't a dream match it would bomb. Hype video of them talking about respect and how great they are. Fight until someone separates them. It's like they didn't have time for a proper build up so they are trying to do it in about a month. Wait that is what's going on and its TNA's own dam fault. The only people who seem to know how to do an entertaining promo are Nash and Shelly. It's the only non-wrestling aspect of TNA that is entertaining. I guess TNA's big problem is they seem to have bought a book of how to run your promotion the WCW style. Back to WWE. They having no eye for talent. You have Shelton Benjamin who might just be the best American wrestler use him. You have Jeff Hardy as the Intercontinental Champion stop using him or team him with Matt. Jeff cannot be a singles wrestler he is not good enough. Tell Carlito to stop trying to be a spot monkey; he messes up way too much. Keep the McMahon's out of the ring. The faces vs. the McMahon's started in 1997 its time we let it die. Smack the writers of Smackdown. They have talented people on the mic and some that can wrestle yet they can't produce a good story line. They both have many more problems, but no need to list them all. The thing to remember is they both are failing to use what the have. Instead of saying one sucks and one is good, we need to stop lying to our selves and say the truth they both suck.

Hmmm, I think maybe I'm on the fence in this WWE vs. TNA debate, but I'd have to agree that both are pretty much sub par for what they have the potential to be. For better orn worse, I can only state my opinion on both of them. Personally, I think the biggest problem with both TNA and WWE is the booking. WWE relies way too much on cheap comedy, sex appeal, and shock value for my liking, especially on Raw. Having Kevin Federline involved with John Cena is just an attempt to get the mainstream media of the world to look at WWE, and, in my mind at least, is just as bad an idea as having David Arquette win the WCW Championship way back when. I think, (and have always thought), that the best use of celebrities on wrestling shows is the way WWE used guys like Michael Clark Duncan and Rob Reiner when they were on there: an up close shot of the celebrity sitting in the crowd, happily enjoying the show, and then back to the ring for more wrestling. As for the cheap comedy and shock value, I have to say that DX's jokes can get old after a while, and Eric Bischoff having his face rubbed into the fat male stripper's rear end was downright nasty. With Mr. McMahon's Special Little Club and DX's penchant for rubbing people's faces into other people's rear end... well, there's just too much of that stuff. As for the sex appeal thing, there's not much wrong with having some divas on your show, but that Diva Strip Poker thing just isn't what I'm looking for in a wrestling show. If something like Diva Strip Poker takes time and energy away from a match that's trying to happen in the ring, I'm more likely to get irritated than excited, but that's just me. Bottom line: too much time and energy is spent on cheap comedy, sex appeal, and shock value, and when you focus too much time on those things, that's a little less time you have left for the matches themselves, and this can result in rushed finishes and matches that are too short to reach their full potential. TNA, on the other hand, has to be one of the most inconsistant companies around. Just like Lance Storm said in that commentary of his, there's just so much that happens on some of TNA's shows that makes no sense whatsoever. Furthermore, TNA seems, to me at least, to be way to desperate to compete with WWE. It seems like every former WWE superstar they have on their roster has at one time or another gone out of his way to take potshots at their former employer. I'm all for a little controversy here and there, but there comes a point where enough is enough. And finally.... TNA is just a little too fond of their gimmick matches, aren't they? Seems like they have at least a couple on every event, and I think they've already announced a few for iMPACT!'s prime time debut as well. I know it's been said a million times before, but too many gimmick matches really does seem to take away from the awe-inspiring aspect of those matches, makes them mean just a little bit less. I remember back in the day, when I was a lad, I'd mark out like none other whenever a ladder match or a steel cage match rolled around, (especially the old NWA cage matches that had to be won by pinfall or submission, I've never been one for climbing out of the cage to win), and I'd wait anxiously for the Royal Rumble and WarGames to roll around, (I always loved those two). Now, gimmick matches happen so often, they just don't seem that special anymore, (I know the Royal Rumble only happens once a year and WarGames almost never happens anymore, but still). Add to that that some of these matches, (and some of TNA's many six or eight man tags or six or eight way matches), often seem to have so many competitors in them that it can get a bit confusing, and more often than not, few individual stars really get a true chance to shine. And I could go on, but I'm tired of typing. Like I said, I think most of the problems in both companies come down to the booking practices of each of them. Wrestling nowadays seems too focused on the quick fix, rather than the long-term future, especially saddening since TNA has an established booker like Jim Cornette on their roster, and WWE has Paul Heyman, (among many others), on their roster, and all of these guys are rarely put into booking positions, in favor of Hollywoord scriptwriters and the Vince Russos of the world. Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. Maybe every fan's looking for something a little different in their wrestling shows, I don't know. Who can say for sure? Maybe in this WWE-TNA war, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and people overlook the flaws of their favorite promotion, and nitpick the faults of the other. :eek:

Hmmm, I think maybe I'm on the fence in this WWE vs. TNA debate, but I'd have to agree that both are pretty much sub par for what they have the potential to be. For better orn worse, I can only state my opinion on both of them. Personally, I think the biggest problem with both TNA and WWE is the booking. WWE relies way too much on cheap comedy, sex appeal, and shock value for my liking, especially on Raw. Having Kevin Federline involved with John Cena is just an attempt to get the mainstream media of the world to look at WWE, and, in my mind at least, is just as bad an idea as having David Arquette win the WCW Championship way back when. I think, (and have always thought), that the best use of celebrities on wrestling shows is the way WWE used guys like Michael Clark Duncan and Rob Reiner when they were on there: an up close shot of the celebrity sitting in the crowd, happily enjoying the show, and then back to the ring for more wrestling. As for the cheap comedy and shock value, I have to say that DX's jokes can get old after a while, and Eric Bischoff having his face rubbed into the fat male stripper's rear end was downright nasty. With Mr. McMahon's Special Little Club and DX's penchant for rubbing people's faces into other people's rear end... well, there's just too much of that stuff. As for the sex appeal thing, there's not much wrong with having some divas on your show, but that Diva Strip Poker thing just isn't what I'm looking for in a wrestling show. If something like Diva Strip Poker takes time and energy away from a match that's trying to happen in the ring, I'm more likely to get irritated than excited, but that's just me. Bottom line: too much time and energy is spent on cheap comedy, sex appeal, and shock value, and when you focus too much time on those things, that's a little less time you have left for the matches themselves, and this can result in rushed finishes and matches that are too short to reach their full potential. TNA, on the other hand, has to be one of the most inconsistant companies around. Just like Lance Storm said in that commentary of his, there's just so much that happens on some of TNA's shows that makes no sense whatsoever. Furthermore, TNA seems, to me at least, to be way to desperate to compete with WWE. It seems like every former WWE superstar they have on their roster has at one time or another gone out of his way to take potshots at their former employer. I'm all for a little controversy here and there, but there comes a point where enough is enough. And finally.... TNA is just a little too fond of their gimmick matches, aren't they? Seems like they have at least a couple on every event, and I think they've already announced a few for iMPACT!'s prime time debut as well. I know it's been said a million times before, but too many gimmick matches really does seem to take away from the awe-inspiring aspect of those matches, makes them mean just a little bit less. I remember back in the day, when I was a lad, I'd mark out like none other whenever a ladder match or a steel cage match rolled around, (especially the old NWA cage matches that had to be won by pinfall or submission, I've never been one for climbing out of the cage to win), and I'd wait anxiously for the Royal Rumble and WarGames to roll around, (I always loved those two). Now, gimmick matches happen so often, they just don't seem that special anymore, (I know the Royal Rumble only happens once a year and WarGames almost never happens anymore, but still). Add to that that some of these matches, (and some of TNA's many six or eight man tags or six or eight way matches), often seem to have so many competitors in them that it can get a bit confusing, and more often than not, few individual stars really get a true chance to shine. And I could go on, but I'm tired of typing. Like I said, I think most of the problems in both companies come down to the booking practices of each of them. Wrestling nowadays seems too focused on the quick fix, rather than the long-term future, especially saddening since TNA has an established booker like Jim Cornette on their roster, and WWE has Paul Heyman, (among many others), on their roster, and all of these guys are rarely put into booking positions, in favor of Hollywoord scriptwriters and the Vince Russos of the world. Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. Maybe every fan's looking for something a little different in their wrestling shows, I don't know. Who can say for sure? Maybe in this WWE-TNA war, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and people overlook the flaws of their favorite promotion, and nitpick the faults of the other. :eek:

Since I don't feel like reading the two lengthy replies, I'd just like to give you a round of applause and a pat on the back for the effort you put into this dj. I'm proud of people who put nice arguments together. Although, as they say, arguing on the internet is just like the special olympics. :D

Since I don't feel like reading the two lengthy replies, I'd just like to give you a round of applause and a pat on the back for the effort you put into this dj. I'm proud of people who put nice arguments together. Although, as they say, arguing on the internet is just like the special olympics. :D

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;159439]Since I don't feel like reading the two lengthy replies, I'd just like to give you a round of applause and a pat on the back for the effort you put into this dj. I'm proud of people who put nice arguments together. Although, as they say, arguing on the internet is just like the special olympics. :D[/QUOTE] The two lengthy replies are bassically saying about the same thing, that both brands could be much better then they are. They point out different things each does wrong, but I think eveyrone aggree's that the Kevin Federline vs. John Cena is just, well, stupid. I aggree with that too. I just thought Kevin F. was part of the Nitro and Melina's, friends of the celebrities thing, and Kevin was just going to be another prop. However with the upcoming PPV, him being in a match.. I don't know. I am going to predict this is actually something he is doing for Nitro, and that Nitro is going to do something to embarress Cena, and then maybe get a Nitro vs. Cena feud going. However, I have never thought Nitro was charismatic enough to be in the position he currently holds. I also aggree with the Shelton Benjamin thing. Here you have a guy that gives about 100% every match. He does great promo's, and can be funny at times, especially when mocking someone while they are only one foot away, without them seeing him (Coachman). He could really be used alot better, but there is something about his look (BIG HEAD) that kind of makes him look a little less believable sometimes. Lashley is the one that needs to shine more. Maybe an enforcer role for Batista in the future.. Kind of a passing of the torch, might add something to him. Batista could go heel at any time, he just has that look in him lately. A stable with Batista (leader), Lashley (enforcer), Benjamin (sidekick) and possibly Benoit or someone, well, thats my imagination (or one of my ongoing TEW games, lol).

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;159439]Since I don't feel like reading the two lengthy replies, I'd just like to give you a round of applause and a pat on the back for the effort you put into this dj. I'm proud of people who put nice arguments together. Although, as they say, arguing on the internet is just like the special olympics. :D[/QUOTE] The two lengthy replies are bassically saying about the same thing, that both brands could be much better then they are. They point out different things each does wrong, but I think eveyrone aggree's that the Kevin Federline vs. John Cena is just, well, stupid. I aggree with that too. I just thought Kevin F. was part of the Nitro and Melina's, friends of the celebrities thing, and Kevin was just going to be another prop. However with the upcoming PPV, him being in a match.. I don't know. I am going to predict this is actually something he is doing for Nitro, and that Nitro is going to do something to embarress Cena, and then maybe get a Nitro vs. Cena feud going. However, I have never thought Nitro was charismatic enough to be in the position he currently holds. I also aggree with the Shelton Benjamin thing. Here you have a guy that gives about 100% every match. He does great promo's, and can be funny at times, especially when mocking someone while they are only one foot away, without them seeing him (Coachman). He could really be used alot better, but there is something about his look (BIG HEAD) that kind of makes him look a little less believable sometimes. Lashley is the one that needs to shine more. Maybe an enforcer role for Batista in the future.. Kind of a passing of the torch, might add something to him. Batista could go heel at any time, he just has that look in him lately. A stable with Batista (leader), Lashley (enforcer), Benjamin (sidekick) and possibly Benoit or someone, well, thats my imagination (or one of my ongoing TEW games, lol).

The one thing that bothers me about Kevin F. Though.... First, I had no idea who the heck he was to start with (I don't even like Britney Spears, much rather see Spitney Beers, LMAO, and only no that one from the womans mod), yet he got boo'd harder then anyone else on the roster I have ever seen. Maybe that is why they are using him, after seeing the crowd re-action. I just have a hard time believing this was planned in advance.

The one thing that bothers me about Kevin F. Though.... First, I had no idea who the heck he was to start with (I don't even like Britney Spears, much rather see Spitney Beers, LMAO, and only no that one from the womans mod), yet he got boo'd harder then anyone else on the roster I have ever seen. Maybe that is why they are using him, after seeing the crowd re-action. I just have a hard time believing this was planned in advance.

In wrestling reactions are a good thing, from cheers to boos to chants they show that the fans care about what is going on and that's why some people who inlicit an emotion from the crowd gets more exposure than someone who doesn't connect with them Which is why K-Fed has so much heat, it stems from the fact that he is a talentless bum who got the hot girl that he doesn't deserve and there's a lot of resentment from people for that. It's just an extension of everyday life add in the fact that celebrities from the A-list to the C and whatever other list is out there has always been gossip worthy, the WWE has put itself in a good situation to get more exposed to a wider audience of people that pick up those magazines or watch the Entertainment Tonights and everything in between. The WWE has gone beyond wrestling, it's now a purely entertainment company, A PUBLICLY TRADED company. They do movies, dvd sets, toys, games. They have a potential to do better with their core business but they've extended themselves far enough to do what works and continue to grow, but if you really want a say go buy some shares in their stock and if enough smarks or fanboys did they could march in on the investor meetings and have their say, which would do more than bitch about it on the internet, I mean atleast someone is hearing what you're saying at that office. As for TNA, they are trying to be the big show but they can't even compare to the empire that the WWE has become. They need to focus on their niche, "Wrestling" and build that up. They're a privately owned company that tries to listen to the fans, but most of the time don't with some of their decisions and are trying to hard to piggy back and mimic the E. What gives TNA an advantage with a lot of internet fans and "smarks" is that they're the little guy and much like ECW those fans want it to succeed until they become the big dog then they'll latch onto the next big thing and lampoon TNA if it ever grows to big to hear the fanboys.

In wrestling reactions are a good thing, from cheers to boos to chants they show that the fans care about what is going on and that's why some people who inlicit an emotion from the crowd gets more exposure than someone who doesn't connect with them Which is why K-Fed has so much heat, it stems from the fact that he is a talentless bum who got the hot girl that he doesn't deserve and there's a lot of resentment from people for that. It's just an extension of everyday life add in the fact that celebrities from the A-list to the C and whatever other list is out there has always been gossip worthy, the WWE has put itself in a good situation to get more exposed to a wider audience of people that pick up those magazines or watch the Entertainment Tonights and everything in between. The WWE has gone beyond wrestling, it's now a purely entertainment company, A PUBLICLY TRADED company. They do movies, dvd sets, toys, games. They have a potential to do better with their core business but they've extended themselves far enough to do what works and continue to grow, but if you really want a say go buy some shares in their stock and if enough smarks or fanboys did they could march in on the investor meetings and have their say, which would do more than bitch about it on the internet, I mean atleast someone is hearing what you're saying at that office. As for TNA, they are trying to be the big show but they can't even compare to the empire that the WWE has become. They need to focus on their niche, "Wrestling" and build that up. They're a privately owned company that tries to listen to the fans, but most of the time don't with some of their decisions and are trying to hard to piggy back and mimic the E. What gives TNA an advantage with a lot of internet fans and "smarks" is that they're the little guy and much like ECW those fans want it to succeed until they become the big dog then they'll latch onto the next big thing and lampoon TNA if it ever grows to big to hear the fanboys.

I think the original post is missing the point.. For those of you that compare WWE shows to TNA shows, are crazy. First off the WWE has 2 hours on Raw and Smackdown, and TNA has 1 hour on Impact. So, of course their matches are going to be longer. There is no debate there. The debate lies with the actual in-ring talent TNA wrestlers have with most of the WWE roster. In TNA you will see better in ring talent, and WWE you do get watered down wrestling, for the most point. Of course WWE has some talented wrestlers, Shelton is a great wrestling talent. To point out one wrestler. I am a Puroresu fan, as you don't know when the shows will end and get to see actual psychology in the ring. In America with the TV time restraints, everything feels rushed. Especially with TNA and their one hour program. In the second post, why should you care about Sting? Come on, look at the past. Besides, the NWA World Championship has not been basterdized like other major World Championships in America. I just wish TNA would use the NWA territories more and worked in challengers from the smaller territories, and gave us something "new" to see on TV. TNA has a huge problem with making their own stars, there hasn't been anything done storyline wise with guys like Sonja Dutt, Jay Lethal, and other young stars. The issue with that is, TNA does try to come off with a Sports Entertainment feel. They just put a larger emphasis on the wrestling aspect. They do have a lot of problems, but as does the WWE. My main issue with WWE and the Heavyweight division of TNA(for the most part) is that they all bring about the same style. In a given WWE match you will see more punches than actual wrestling, and that gets old quick. Sometimes it seems like they are just running through the motions. I continue to watch Smackdown, because the show seems to be more about wrestling than Raw. London and Kendrick pull some pretty good things out, I watched the last Raw and it was the first one in a month I saw. It did seem like they had a creative slump and pulled a restart of a match like happened on Smackdown. Both promotions have their problems, it just needs to be seen if TNA can really get through their growing pains and develop their own young stars and not rely on guys like Nash(who always finds a paycheck), Steiner, Sting(never really a WWE guy and is a original NWA guy so it's not as bad), and such. Even though NWA uses Rhino better than the WWE managed to ever do, same with Christian, even though he seems a little blah right now. TNA is missing some big opprotunites, Killings gets huge reactions in the Impact Zone, but they won't put much steam behind him. Daniels and Styles are the same..if they are going to attempt to make the X-Divison belt look equal as the NWA World Championship, then they need to keep those two in the division. Or have Daniels receive a legit shot at the NWA Championship to show fans, that the X-Division guys can compete in the World Championship division. So, I understand the criticism for the WWE, but everyone needs to understand that TNA isn't perfect either.

I think the original post is missing the point.. For those of you that compare WWE shows to TNA shows, are crazy. First off the WWE has 2 hours on Raw and Smackdown, and TNA has 1 hour on Impact. So, of course their matches are going to be longer. There is no debate there. The debate lies with the actual in-ring talent TNA wrestlers have with most of the WWE roster. In TNA you will see better in ring talent, and WWE you do get watered down wrestling, for the most point. Of course WWE has some talented wrestlers, Shelton is a great wrestling talent. To point out one wrestler. I am a Puroresu fan, as you don't know when the shows will end and get to see actual psychology in the ring. In America with the TV time restraints, everything feels rushed. Especially with TNA and their one hour program. In the second post, why should you care about Sting? Come on, look at the past. Besides, the NWA World Championship has not been basterdized like other major World Championships in America. I just wish TNA would use the NWA territories more and worked in challengers from the smaller territories, and gave us something "new" to see on TV. TNA has a huge problem with making their own stars, there hasn't been anything done storyline wise with guys like Sonja Dutt, Jay Lethal, and other young stars. The issue with that is, TNA does try to come off with a Sports Entertainment feel. They just put a larger emphasis on the wrestling aspect. They do have a lot of problems, but as does the WWE. My main issue with WWE and the Heavyweight division of TNA(for the most part) is that they all bring about the same style. In a given WWE match you will see more punches than actual wrestling, and that gets old quick. Sometimes it seems like they are just running through the motions. I continue to watch Smackdown, because the show seems to be more about wrestling than Raw. London and Kendrick pull some pretty good things out, I watched the last Raw and it was the first one in a month I saw. It did seem like they had a creative slump and pulled a restart of a match like happened on Smackdown. Both promotions have their problems, it just needs to be seen if TNA can really get through their growing pains and develop their own young stars and not rely on guys like Nash(who always finds a paycheck), Steiner, Sting(never really a WWE guy and is a original NWA guy so it's not as bad), and such. Even though NWA uses Rhino better than the WWE managed to ever do, same with Christian, even though he seems a little blah right now. TNA is missing some big opprotunites, Killings gets huge reactions in the Impact Zone, but they won't put much steam behind him. Daniels and Styles are the same..if they are going to attempt to make the X-Divison belt look equal as the NWA World Championship, then they need to keep those two in the division. Or have Daniels receive a legit shot at the NWA Championship to show fans, that the X-Division guys can compete in the World Championship division. So, I understand the criticism for the WWE, but everyone needs to understand that TNA isn't perfect either.

Ahh, you seen the Raw episode that pretty much everyone but me hated, lol. Sorry, but I like to see very stupid stuff sometimes, and that one with Bischoff as GM for a day, was classic to me. He was doing the exact thing that Teddy Long did, only he did it to the benefit of the Heels, instead of for the Babyfaces (if you can call Undertaker and Kane babyface, lol). I don't think that part was a creative slump, but was meant to make everyone think.........Dang it, He is just copying the other guy!! I believe that whole thing was wrote up to be exactly like it was. However, I aggree with everyone, since everyone is being totally honest of how they feel, and not just being biased. I don't know if what I saw on TNA last week was actual wrestling though. Attack one dudley in the ring, find another already having been attacked in the back. Umm.... That thing with Abyss, no way << >> << >> ?!? I feel like they are trying to make him out as a Kane or Umaga type character (MONSTER status, not acting or copying WWE). It's not working for me, but it almost did that last episode. I wouldn't call anything I seen wrestling though. I see alot of spot monkey type thrill seeking stuff on TNA, but that don't impress me. It takes too much from the other guy to pull those things off, you have to be able to practically do a flip yourself, to be able to make it look like the monkey flipped you with that leg (Rey Mysterio, cruiserweight type thing) they do. Kurt Angle vs. Benoit is a wrestling match. I haven't seen nothing like that on either show/promotion for the last three months?? Correct me if I'm wrong, I think I missed about 4 episodes of one or the other in that time spree though. Important thing is that when people talk about a show they seen, such as Impact, or Raw, that they acknowledge it was that particular show, especially if they only see 1/4th or less shows ussually. If you don't see TNA, please don't put TNA down because of one show. If you don't see Raw (normally), then don't go by what your reading or getting bits and peice's from on the websights. The storylines are week on both promotions, In the fact that WWE is yet starting over on some of them, and TNA is just well... Irratic from week to week. I don't want to hear the same exact thing coming from the same exact person every week. Someone else may love it though, so it's working for them. In general though, there is just too much stuff going on, for anyone to really follow exactly what they are trying to accomplish, which is leading to alot of people talking badly, or getting confused with it. WWE has multiple "little" stories, that used to work. They would have this HUGE megastory, with little one's coming in between, till the big PPV, and it would either escalate, or be over. However, they are adding too many "Little" stories in there stuff right now, trying to do too much cross branding in my opinion as well. I don't care who is champion of champions, since I predicted the winner was going to be whoever's title was on the line that night, although I thought there might be a chance of one or the other taking it from big show if it was his. If I were in charge, It would definately be alot different, maybe. I have no idea though. If they get ratings for every half hour, or more... I probably would go with whatever was getting the most viewer's, and expand on it myself. With TNA, I would have liked to think they would have used all those legends, right now, into some great storylines with lesser/younger/newer talent. I would use Sting for putting over someone like Christopher Daniels, or whoever fit the boat there. I wouldn't have them job out to them, but exactly the opposite. I would have the legends interfering with their match's, helping or making things right etc... Like Have sting come down to the center of the ring when some good guy is getting beat on, and put a double whooping (with the help of the person he is facing) on them, Then next week have them go on a tag team match against them. Have Jeff Jerret get him some younger guy (like Samoa Joe, or someone people hate would probably be better) to be his enforcer. In other words, combine these people into the storylines, and lets see what can happen. This stuff happens in the WWE all the time, so I could see people maybe complaining that they are acting like the WWE too much. However, I really think TNA could grab the attention of people like myself, alot more if they did utilize some of these type of things, that actually work and people praise a bit of in the WWE. Don't go for the smoke and pyro stuff right away, or angles done by people that obviously forgot their lines. Have them tell the story INSIDE the ring. It makes talking about it alot easier, when you already acted it out in the ring (I would think). A new question, for those that already answered my questions, and might want to elaberate a bit from just being fair about things. For those that haven't answered yet, please do:-) My next question is: What would you do for either promotion, or both, if you were the Head Booker? Without saying what you think they do wrong, I would like to hear some interesting things of how someone might be able to get over say Shelton Benjamin (an example), since I really have a great idea I think would work, but it's kind of borrowed from someone else's post a while back. I would like to here the creative ways you would get them over. IF you have a TEW Diary already doing something like this, maybe a brief recap of what you done and where your headed, and a Link to your Diary would be cool too. Neither promotion actually sucks anyways, or they wouldn't be the top two promotions in the US.

Ahh, you seen the Raw episode that pretty much everyone but me hated, lol. Sorry, but I like to see very stupid stuff sometimes, and that one with Bischoff as GM for a day, was classic to me. He was doing the exact thing that Teddy Long did, only he did it to the benefit of the Heels, instead of for the Babyfaces (if you can call Undertaker and Kane babyface, lol). I don't think that part was a creative slump, but was meant to make everyone think.........Dang it, He is just copying the other guy!! I believe that whole thing was wrote up to be exactly like it was. However, I aggree with everyone, since everyone is being totally honest of how they feel, and not just being biased. I don't know if what I saw on TNA last week was actual wrestling though. Attack one dudley in the ring, find another already having been attacked in the back. Umm.... That thing with Abyss, no way << >> << >> ?!? I feel like they are trying to make him out as a Kane or Umaga type character (MONSTER status, not acting or copying WWE). It's not working for me, but it almost did that last episode. I wouldn't call anything I seen wrestling though. I see alot of spot monkey type thrill seeking stuff on TNA, but that don't impress me. It takes too much from the other guy to pull those things off, you have to be able to practically do a flip yourself, to be able to make it look like the monkey flipped you with that leg (Rey Mysterio, cruiserweight type thing) they do. Kurt Angle vs. Benoit is a wrestling match. I haven't seen nothing like that on either show/promotion for the last three months?? Correct me if I'm wrong, I think I missed about 4 episodes of one or the other in that time spree though. Important thing is that when people talk about a show they seen, such as Impact, or Raw, that they acknowledge it was that particular show, especially if they only see 1/4th or less shows ussually. If you don't see TNA, please don't put TNA down because of one show. If you don't see Raw (normally), then don't go by what your reading or getting bits and peice's from on the websights. The storylines are week on both promotions, In the fact that WWE is yet starting over on some of them, and TNA is just well... Irratic from week to week. I don't want to hear the same exact thing coming from the same exact person every week. Someone else may love it though, so it's working for them. In general though, there is just too much stuff going on, for anyone to really follow exactly what they are trying to accomplish, which is leading to alot of people talking badly, or getting confused with it. WWE has multiple "little" stories, that used to work. They would have this HUGE megastory, with little one's coming in between, till the big PPV, and it would either escalate, or be over. However, they are adding too many "Little" stories in there stuff right now, trying to do too much cross branding in my opinion as well. I don't care who is champion of champions, since I predicted the winner was going to be whoever's title was on the line that night, although I thought there might be a chance of one or the other taking it from big show if it was his. If I were in charge, It would definately be alot different, maybe. I have no idea though. If they get ratings for every half hour, or more... I probably would go with whatever was getting the most viewer's, and expand on it myself. With TNA, I would have liked to think they would have used all those legends, right now, into some great storylines with lesser/younger/newer talent. I would use Sting for putting over someone like Christopher Daniels, or whoever fit the boat there. I wouldn't have them job out to them, but exactly the opposite. I would have the legends interfering with their match's, helping or making things right etc... Like Have sting come down to the center of the ring when some good guy is getting beat on, and put a double whooping (with the help of the person he is facing) on them, Then next week have them go on a tag team match against them. Have Jeff Jerret get him some younger guy (like Samoa Joe, or someone people hate would probably be better) to be his enforcer. In other words, combine these people into the storylines, and lets see what can happen. This stuff happens in the WWE all the time, so I could see people maybe complaining that they are acting like the WWE too much. However, I really think TNA could grab the attention of people like myself, alot more if they did utilize some of these type of things, that actually work and people praise a bit of in the WWE. Don't go for the smoke and pyro stuff right away, or angles done by people that obviously forgot their lines. Have them tell the story INSIDE the ring. It makes talking about it alot easier, when you already acted it out in the ring (I would think). A new question, for those that already answered my questions, and might want to elaberate a bit from just being fair about things. For those that haven't answered yet, please do:-) My next question is: What would you do for either promotion, or both, if you were the Head Booker? Without saying what you think they do wrong, I would like to hear some interesting things of how someone might be able to get over say Shelton Benjamin (an example), since I really have a great idea I think would work, but it's kind of borrowed from someone else's post a while back. I would like to here the creative ways you would get them over. IF you have a TEW Diary already doing something like this, maybe a brief recap of what you done and where your headed, and a Link to your Diary would be cool too. Neither promotion actually sucks anyways, or they wouldn't be the top two promotions in the US.

You mentioned the spot monkey stuff, but I'm assuming you haven't watched some of their wrestlers on the indepedent scene. At the same time isn't the WWE full of the same spots being repeated over and over as well? I think the TNA wrestlers are short on psychology, but again I feel as if that results in them being rushed do to the time restraints. It isn't NJPW and they can't put out thirty minute matches, due to only having an hour to work. I don't see as TNA trying to use Abyss like Umaga, since Abyss was around way before the Umaga character. Personally, I believe Umaga was brought in to counter Samoa Joe, as the both have the Samoan background, and Umaga has also yet to lose. But, the Abyss v AJ Styles match was actually competitive. Abyss hardly ever "squashes" anyone. That's the main difference I seen between he and Umaga. The WWE just threw all of these guys at Umaga to be squashed during his first month. I don't think they are ripping anyone off there, being a booker for TNA would be a lot more fun as they have more options to work with, including the territories and working agreements with companies.

You mentioned the spot monkey stuff, but I'm assuming you haven't watched some of their wrestlers on the indepedent scene. At the same time isn't the WWE full of the same spots being repeated over and over as well? I think the TNA wrestlers are short on psychology, but again I feel as if that results in them being rushed do to the time restraints. It isn't NJPW and they can't put out thirty minute matches, due to only having an hour to work. I don't see as TNA trying to use Abyss like Umaga, since Abyss was around way before the Umaga character. Personally, I believe Umaga was brought in to counter Samoa Joe, as the both have the Samoan background, and Umaga has also yet to lose. But, the Abyss v AJ Styles match was actually competitive. Abyss hardly ever "squashes" anyone. That's the main difference I seen between he and Umaga. The WWE just threw all of these guys at Umaga to be squashed during his first month. I don't think they are ripping anyone off there, being a booker for TNA would be a lot more fun as they have more options to work with, including the territories and working agreements with companies.

Starting with TNA. The first thing I would need to know is how much work Kurt is planning on. If he is going to be active (at least 3 appearances a month, not counting videos) you have him beat Samoa Joe. Then have him go on a streak of all the TNA big guys. I mean a big winning streak he beats all the popular guys. Not all squash matches though; we don't want TNA looking bad. Then after he takes out almost everyone (this will take months) have him win the title. Have him become ****y about how no matter where he is that he is the best. Have him talking about that if no one can beat him then he should just retire. Of course this is when Joe would come back. A huge build up occurs Angle says he will retire if he wins, when then would. So when it looks like he is going to retire you have AJ challenge him. Of course this means you do not want them to have a match beforehand. So in the end the man whore represents TNA better then anyone will beat Angle and get the title. How this would take months probably close to a year so a lot would happen beforehand. Sting has to drop the title but not to Abyss. So I let Sting when the match. Then instead of taking a page from the TNA handbook and after giving him a month long push put him in gimmick matches on a weak feud. I team him with Rhino after having him turn on his manager. I stop using AJ and Daniels as a tag team to focus them on the X-Davison. I also would remove the James Gang and phase out 3D. With the Naturals, LAX, AMW, Rhino and Abyss, est. est. the tag division should be alive and well. Rhino and Abyss would get a huge run with the titles. I would like to give the title to Ron Killings but it sounds like he might be leaving so this is a hard one. Rhino makes hardcore wrestling fans happy, but does not seem to have the general appeal. Christian seems like a likely champion, but it does not seem like the right time. He seems to be the only real option. Looking at Maineeventers there is really not that many. The toughest decision comes to if I want the X-division title to be an upper-midcard or midcard title. Do to the fact they have AJ, Daniels, and Joe I have to say upper-Midcard. Have the belt get between them and break them up. (I like them as a tag team and all, but giving the title to AJ messed everything up. Who are you going to have him lose it too, with so many of the X-Davison people not nearly as popular.) So another three way feud for the X-Davison title, until you can build up some opponents. (With Shelley and some others it shouldn't take to long.) I would keep pushing the Paparazzi, only difference being I would have them win. Now let me be clear Nash would not wrestle, except maybe a match every other month or so. I like how they are using him for just run-ins and promos. Also his commentaries are funny. Him and Shelley's promos are gold. But, he should not wrestle. Which leads me to the last things I will bring up about how I would change TNA. The announcers and authority figures should all be changed or removed. They need to stop doing the meetings in the ring with all the long rants. Just tell us what the matches are. Get rid of Don West, and Mike Tenay. Get people who either can call a match or ones who can be entertaining. To be honest I think Nash does a better job then both of them when he is out there. So maybe try and give some old wrestlers a try something. All I know is they would be removed. The WWE is by far harder to say how to change. I guess the first thing I would do is end the brand split and stop using a ton of people. The match-ups are becoming stale (more so on Raw then Smackdown) so the first move would be to combine to give some more fresh matches. I would also combine the titles that are equal to each other. Have a large tournament for the Intercontinental title (remove US) in a hope to bring back the prestige it once held. Let the ECW title be a pure Hardcore title (step one remove from Big Show, Step 2 hold one of them 30 min matches where it is who ever pinned the champ last gets the title). Then go with an old vs. new war type thing. HHH; Shawn Michaels; Booker T; est; and est vs. Shelton; Lashley; Carlito; est; and est. Could make for good TV and hopeful they would be willing to past the torch. Also reinstate the old survival series formula. Each team match has a good and a evil team, and at the end all the survivors go onto a big GOOD vs. EVIL survivor series match. I would also add the WAR Games match. I use to love that double ringed cage match.

Starting with TNA. The first thing I would need to know is how much work Kurt is planning on. If he is going to be active (at least 3 appearances a month, not counting videos) you have him beat Samoa Joe. Then have him go on a streak of all the TNA big guys. I mean a big winning streak he beats all the popular guys. Not all squash matches though; we don't want TNA looking bad. Then after he takes out almost everyone (this will take months) have him win the title. Have him become ****y about how no matter where he is that he is the best. Have him talking about that if no one can beat him then he should just retire. Of course this is when Joe would come back. A huge build up occurs Angle says he will retire if he wins, when then would. So when it looks like he is going to retire you have AJ challenge him. Of course this means you do not want them to have a match beforehand. So in the end the man whore represents TNA better then anyone will beat Angle and get the title. How this would take months probably close to a year so a lot would happen beforehand. Sting has to drop the title but not to Abyss. So I let Sting when the match. Then instead of taking a page from the TNA handbook and after giving him a month long push put him in gimmick matches on a weak feud. I team him with Rhino after having him turn on his manager. I stop using AJ and Daniels as a tag team to focus them on the X-Davison. I also would remove the James Gang and phase out 3D. With the Naturals, LAX, AMW, Rhino and Abyss, est. est. the tag division should be alive and well. Rhino and Abyss would get a huge run with the titles. I would like to give the title to Ron Killings but it sounds like he might be leaving so this is a hard one. Rhino makes hardcore wrestling fans happy, but does not seem to have the general appeal. Christian seems like a likely champion, but it does not seem like the right time. He seems to be the only real option. Looking at Maineeventers there is really not that many. The toughest decision comes to if I want the X-division title to be an upper-midcard or midcard title. Do to the fact they have AJ, Daniels, and Joe I have to say upper-Midcard. Have the belt get between them and break them up. (I like them as a tag team and all, but giving the title to AJ messed everything up. Who are you going to have him lose it too, with so many of the X-Davison people not nearly as popular.) So another three way feud for the X-Davison title, until you can build up some opponents. (With Shelley and some others it shouldn't take to long.) I would keep pushing the Paparazzi, only difference being I would have them win. Now let me be clear Nash would not wrestle, except maybe a match every other month or so. I like how they are using him for just run-ins and promos. Also his commentaries are funny. Him and Shelley's promos are gold. But, he should not wrestle. Which leads me to the last things I will bring up about how I would change TNA. The announcers and authority figures should all be changed or removed. They need to stop doing the meetings in the ring with all the long rants. Just tell us what the matches are. Get rid of Don West, and Mike Tenay. Get people who either can call a match or ones who can be entertaining. To be honest I think Nash does a better job then both of them when he is out there. So maybe try and give some old wrestlers a try something. All I know is they would be removed. The WWE is by far harder to say how to change. I guess the first thing I would do is end the brand split and stop using a ton of people. The match-ups are becoming stale (more so on Raw then Smackdown) so the first move would be to combine to give some more fresh matches. I would also combine the titles that are equal to each other. Have a large tournament for the Intercontinental title (remove US) in a hope to bring back the prestige it once held. Let the ECW title be a pure Hardcore title (step one remove from Big Show, Step 2 hold one of them 30 min matches where it is who ever pinned the champ last gets the title). Then go with an old vs. new war type thing. HHH; Shawn Michaels; Booker T; est; and est vs. Shelton; Lashley; Carlito; est; and est. Could make for good TV and hopeful they would be willing to past the torch. Also reinstate the old survival series formula. Each team match has a good and a evil team, and at the end all the survivors go onto a big GOOD vs. EVIL survivor series match. I would also add the WAR Games match. I use to love that double ringed cage match.

[QUOTE=thedraem41;159552]You mentioned the spot monkey stuff, but I'm assuming you haven't watched some of their wrestlers on the indepedent scene. At the same time isn't the WWE full of the same spots being repeated over and over as well? I think the TNA wrestlers are short on psychology, but again I feel as if that results in them being rushed do to the time restraints. It isn't NJPW and they can't put out thirty minute matches, due to only having an hour to work. I don't see as TNA trying to use Abyss like Umaga, since Abyss was around way before the Umaga character. Personally, I believe Umaga was brought in to counter Samoa Joe, as the both have the Samoan background, and Umaga has also yet to lose. But, the Abyss v AJ Styles match was actually competitive. Abyss hardly ever "squashes" anyone. That's the main difference I seen between he and Umaga. The WWE just threw all of these guys at Umaga to be squashed during his first month. I don't think they are ripping anyone off there, being a booker for TNA would be a lot more fun as they have more options to work with, including the territories and working agreements with companies.[/QUOTE] I thought I made myself clear, as to not meaning a copy, but that goes for not being a Rip Off either. Umaga has a monster image, and Armando is his keeper..... This was obvious when Armando couldn't tell him what to do one day, he was lost, so Mr. McMahan took over for Armando and told the "Monster" what to do. The only similarity between Umaga and Samoa Joe is their undefeated streak and having the word Samoa in their backgrounds, that's it, period. After that they are completely and utterly different. Samoa Joe is not like anyone on the WWE roster That I can think of... The only person is Kurt Angle and now TNA have him. Far as the independant scene, if they aren't on the TV show, more then likely I have not seen them. I have not seen a Raw, ECW, or Smackdown house show either.... I cannot watch OVW TV, etc. I don't have that option outside of trying to find bits on the internet... but believe it or not, just getting bits is not like watching the whole show. I am uninterested in single match's, but the show in whole. I also like Italian dressing on my salad, and extra cheese on my pizza. In other words, what I like has nothing to do with just being objective and saying what actually happened, instead of making it up to make your point of view sound more accurate. TNA is the underdog and I am rooting for them. They are not even close to the empire WWE is, but I don't care, I want them to be. I want this because I think that will be very entertaining in itself, two promotions kind of battling it out. Everyone, trust me, Everyone will want the underdog to win that war, although I doubt if it will ever be a real war.

[QUOTE=thedraem41;159552]You mentioned the spot monkey stuff, but I'm assuming you haven't watched some of their wrestlers on the indepedent scene. At the same time isn't the WWE full of the same spots being repeated over and over as well? I think the TNA wrestlers are short on psychology, but again I feel as if that results in them being rushed do to the time restraints. It isn't NJPW and they can't put out thirty minute matches, due to only having an hour to work. I don't see as TNA trying to use Abyss like Umaga, since Abyss was around way before the Umaga character. Personally, I believe Umaga was brought in to counter Samoa Joe, as the both have the Samoan background, and Umaga has also yet to lose. But, the Abyss v AJ Styles match was actually competitive. Abyss hardly ever "squashes" anyone. That's the main difference I seen between he and Umaga. The WWE just threw all of these guys at Umaga to be squashed during his first month. I don't think they are ripping anyone off there, being a booker for TNA would be a lot more fun as they have more options to work with, including the territories and working agreements with companies.[/QUOTE] I thought I made myself clear, as to not meaning a copy, but that goes for not being a Rip Off either. Umaga has a monster image, and Armando is his keeper..... This was obvious when Armando couldn't tell him what to do one day, he was lost, so Mr. McMahan took over for Armando and told the "Monster" what to do. The only similarity between Umaga and Samoa Joe is their undefeated streak and having the word Samoa in their backgrounds, that's it, period. After that they are completely and utterly different. Samoa Joe is not like anyone on the WWE roster That I can think of... The only person is Kurt Angle and now TNA have him. Far as the independant scene, if they aren't on the TV show, more then likely I have not seen them. I have not seen a Raw, ECW, or Smackdown house show either.... I cannot watch OVW TV, etc. I don't have that option outside of trying to find bits on the internet... but believe it or not, just getting bits is not like watching the whole show. I am uninterested in single match's, but the show in whole. I also like Italian dressing on my salad, and extra cheese on my pizza. In other words, what I like has nothing to do with just being objective and saying what actually happened, instead of making it up to make your point of view sound more accurate. TNA is the underdog and I am rooting for them. They are not even close to the empire WWE is, but I don't care, I want them to be. I want this because I think that will be very entertaining in itself, two promotions kind of battling it out. Everyone, trust me, Everyone will want the underdog to win that war, although I doubt if it will ever be a real war.

[QUOTE=masterded;159553]Starting with TNA. The first thing I would need to know is how much work Kurt is planning on. If he is going to be active (at least 3 appearances a month, not counting videos) you have him beat Samoa Joe. Then have him go on a streak of all the TNA big guys. I mean a big winning streak he beats all the popular guys. Not all squash matches though; we don't want TNA looking bad. Then after he takes out almost everyone (this will take months) have him win the title. Have him become ****y about how no matter where he is that he is the best. Have him talking about that if no one can beat him then he should just retire. Of course this is when Joe would come back. A huge build up occurs Angle says he will retire if he wins, when then would. So when it looks like he is going to retire you have AJ challenge him. Of course this means you do not want them to have a match beforehand. So in the end the man whore represents TNA better then anyone will beat Angle and get the title. How this would take months probably close to a year so a lot would happen beforehand. Sting has to drop the title but not to Abyss. So I let Sting when the match. Then instead of taking a page from the TNA handbook and after giving him a month long push put him in gimmick matches on a weak feud. I team him with Rhino after having him turn on his manager. I stop using AJ and Daniels as a tag team to focus them on the X-Davison. I also would remove the James Gang and phase out 3D. With the Naturals, LAX, AMW, Rhino and Abyss, est. est. the tag division should be alive and well. Rhino and Abyss would get a huge run with the titles. I would like to give the title to Ron Killings but it sounds like he might be leaving so this is a hard one. Rhino makes hardcore wrestling fans happy, but does not seem to have the general appeal. Christian seems like a likely champion, but it does not seem like the right time. He seems to be the only real option. Looking at Maineeventers there is really not that many. The toughest decision comes to if I want the X-division title to be an upper-midcard or midcard title. Do to the fact they have AJ, Daniels, and Joe I have to say upper-Midcard. Have the belt get between them and break them up. (I like them as a tag team and all, but giving the title to AJ messed everything up. Who are you going to have him lose it too, with so many of the X-Davison people not nearly as popular.) So another three way feud for the X-Davison title, until you can build up some opponents. (With Shelley and some others it shouldn't take to long.) I would keep pushing the Paparazzi, only difference being I would have them win. Now let me be clear Nash would not wrestle, except maybe a match every other month or so. I like how they are using him for just run-ins and promos. Also his commentaries are funny. Him and Shelley's promos are gold. But, he should not wrestle. Which leads me to the last things I will bring up about how I would change TNA. [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]The announcers and authority figures should all be changed or removed. They need to stop doing the meetings in the ring with all the long rants. Just tell us what the matches are. Get rid of Don West, and Mike Tenay. Get people who either can call a match or ones who can be entertaining. To be honest I think Nash does a better job then both of them when he is out there. So maybe try and give some old wrestlers a try something. All I know is they would be removed. [/COLOR] The WWE is by far harder to say how to change. I guess the first thing I would do is end the brand split and stop using a ton of people. The match-ups are becoming stale (more so on Raw then Smackdown) so the first move would be to combine to give some more fresh matches. I would also combine the titles that are equal to each other. Have a large tournament for the Intercontinental title (remove US) in a hope to bring back the prestige it once held. Let the ECW title be a pure Hardcore title (step one remove from Big Show, Step 2 hold one of them 30 min matches where it is who ever pinned the champ last gets the title). Then go with an old vs. new war type thing. HHH; Shawn Michaels; Booker T; est; and est vs. Shelton; Lashley; Carlito; est; and est. Could make for good TV and hopeful they would be willing to past the torch. Also reinstate the old survival series formula. Each team match has a good and a evil team, and at the end all the survivors go onto a big GOOD vs. EVIL survivor series match. I would also add the WAR Games match. I use to love that double ringed cage match.[/QUOTE] A very good read, and the part about the announcers, I can really appreciate. I really hate Hearing what they are saying most the time in match's, because its always about the upcoming PPV ussually, and takes away from the match's BIG TIME. When they are fighting, I want to hear about the match. Take a few minutes after or before a match to talk about the PPV's, but call the match, tell me something about each of these guys if your not going to call it. Like, Such and such just got back from X place, and said he is ready for this, etc. Don't tell me about something other then what is relevant and going on.. "Man, Abyss is really looking good out there"...

[QUOTE=masterded;159553]Starting with TNA. The first thing I would need to know is how much work Kurt is planning on. If he is going to be active (at least 3 appearances a month, not counting videos) you have him beat Samoa Joe. Then have him go on a streak of all the TNA big guys. I mean a big winning streak he beats all the popular guys. Not all squash matches though; we don't want TNA looking bad. Then after he takes out almost everyone (this will take months) have him win the title. Have him become ****y about how no matter where he is that he is the best. Have him talking about that if no one can beat him then he should just retire. Of course this is when Joe would come back. A huge build up occurs Angle says he will retire if he wins, when then would. So when it looks like he is going to retire you have AJ challenge him. Of course this means you do not want them to have a match beforehand. So in the end the man whore represents TNA better then anyone will beat Angle and get the title. How this would take months probably close to a year so a lot would happen beforehand. Sting has to drop the title but not to Abyss. So I let Sting when the match. Then instead of taking a page from the TNA handbook and after giving him a month long push put him in gimmick matches on a weak feud. I team him with Rhino after having him turn on his manager. I stop using AJ and Daniels as a tag team to focus them on the X-Davison. I also would remove the James Gang and phase out 3D. With the Naturals, LAX, AMW, Rhino and Abyss, est. est. the tag division should be alive and well. Rhino and Abyss would get a huge run with the titles. I would like to give the title to Ron Killings but it sounds like he might be leaving so this is a hard one. Rhino makes hardcore wrestling fans happy, but does not seem to have the general appeal. Christian seems like a likely champion, but it does not seem like the right time. He seems to be the only real option. Looking at Maineeventers there is really not that many. The toughest decision comes to if I want the X-division title to be an upper-midcard or midcard title. Do to the fact they have AJ, Daniels, and Joe I have to say upper-Midcard. Have the belt get between them and break them up. (I like them as a tag team and all, but giving the title to AJ messed everything up. Who are you going to have him lose it too, with so many of the X-Davison people not nearly as popular.) So another three way feud for the X-Davison title, until you can build up some opponents. (With Shelley and some others it shouldn't take to long.) I would keep pushing the Paparazzi, only difference being I would have them win. Now let me be clear Nash would not wrestle, except maybe a match every other month or so. I like how they are using him for just run-ins and promos. Also his commentaries are funny. Him and Shelley's promos are gold. But, he should not wrestle. Which leads me to the last things I will bring up about how I would change TNA. [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]The announcers and authority figures should all be changed or removed. They need to stop doing the meetings in the ring with all the long rants. Just tell us what the matches are. Get rid of Don West, and Mike Tenay. Get people who either can call a match or ones who can be entertaining. To be honest I think Nash does a better job then both of them when he is out there. So maybe try and give some old wrestlers a try something. All I know is they would be removed. [/COLOR] The WWE is by far harder to say how to change. I guess the first thing I would do is end the brand split and stop using a ton of people. The match-ups are becoming stale (more so on Raw then Smackdown) so the first move would be to combine to give some more fresh matches. I would also combine the titles that are equal to each other. Have a large tournament for the Intercontinental title (remove US) in a hope to bring back the prestige it once held. Let the ECW title be a pure Hardcore title (step one remove from Big Show, Step 2 hold one of them 30 min matches where it is who ever pinned the champ last gets the title). Then go with an old vs. new war type thing. HHH; Shawn Michaels; Booker T; est; and est vs. Shelton; Lashley; Carlito; est; and est. Could make for good TV and hopeful they would be willing to past the torch. Also reinstate the old survival series formula. Each team match has a good and a evil team, and at the end all the survivors go onto a big GOOD vs. EVIL survivor series match. I would also add the WAR Games match. I use to love that double ringed cage match.[/QUOTE] A very good read, and the part about the announcers, I can really appreciate. I really hate Hearing what they are saying most the time in match's, because its always about the upcoming PPV ussually, and takes away from the match's BIG TIME. When they are fighting, I want to hear about the match. Take a few minutes after or before a match to talk about the PPV's, but call the match, tell me something about each of these guys if your not going to call it. Like, Such and such just got back from X place, and said he is ready for this, etc. Don't tell me about something other then what is relevant and going on.. "Man, Abyss is really looking good out there"...

Archived