Question about fueds in 2007

One of the things I know in the last game is that you couldn't use the same wrestler in two seperate feuds at once. I hope this might possible in the next release, as I would like to have two storylines that are related, but not the same, and use some of the same wrestlers. For example, if I'm Ring of Honor and I have a feud going with the Briscoes and Aries and Strong, however, I want the Briscoes to also be in a fued with Cornette going in Homicide, I want to be effectively able to run the two feuds seperatly. I think though to elevate doing this multiple times, maybe take away the heat that fueds can get from the crowd, make it more difficult to obtain if people are pariticpating in more than one storyline. But, just an idea I'm throwing out here. Feel free to comment.

Could be handy, but in a some way confusing. What about storyline heat etc, could mix up somehow. I really do think that it (storyline things) are the same way as in 05, 'cause there's no mention about that that you could use the same person in two storylines. So it's not possible. Also, it's not so necessary; People aren't usually given two storylines/are not part of two or more storylines. You can always evolve the storyline once it is finished with a new one, thus making the heat staying on the storyline :)

Could be handy, but in a some way confusing. What about storyline heat etc, could mix up somehow. I really do think that it (storyline things) are the same way as in 05, 'cause there's no mention about that that you could use the same person in two storylines. So it's not possible. Also, it's not so necessary; People aren't usually given two storylines/are not part of two or more storylines. You can always evolve the storyline once it is finished with a new one, thus making the heat staying on the storyline :)

The way I have been handling this is to write alot of my own storylines, and just have all of it combined in one. I an not that great at writing my own yet, but I've been using alot of Pre-made ones that come with the different mods. I've been thinking of trying to combine a couple of them, but it limits you to 8 workers, which so far I have not had a problem with (with my own). For example, I'm currently doing a Main Event World Title storyline, which is also a Tag team and midcard storyline. I have been trying to get them all in it, and utilize the main people in it to build heat at the same time in different stages.. For Example, have the World Title and National Title holders going up against their rivals, in a tag match. Another one I am working on is dealing with the cross brand issue. Where I am trying to have similar "Champion of Champion" things going on. I have them have match's, and the other one will interfere from the other show. Would be like Booker T attacking Cena (for example). I don't know if this would help what your looking for exactly, but I was having a problem finding the people I wanted to be in the storylines, and having at least one of them in another storyline. IN Fact, a couple of these are still going (and the reason I haven't completely finished the one's I am writing yet), and I want to finish them before getting into another one.

The way I have been handling this is to write alot of my own storylines, and just have all of it combined in one. I an not that great at writing my own yet, but I've been using alot of Pre-made ones that come with the different mods. I've been thinking of trying to combine a couple of them, but it limits you to 8 workers, which so far I have not had a problem with (with my own). For example, I'm currently doing a Main Event World Title storyline, which is also a Tag team and midcard storyline. I have been trying to get them all in it, and utilize the main people in it to build heat at the same time in different stages.. For Example, have the World Title and National Title holders going up against their rivals, in a tag match. Another one I am working on is dealing with the cross brand issue. Where I am trying to have similar "Champion of Champion" things going on. I have them have match's, and the other one will interfere from the other show. Would be like Booker T attacking Cena (for example). I don't know if this would help what your looking for exactly, but I was having a problem finding the people I wanted to be in the storylines, and having at least one of them in another storyline. IN Fact, a couple of these are still going (and the reason I haven't completely finished the one's I am writing yet), and I want to finish them before getting into another one.

I'm going to have to chime in here and agree with the responses - it's not necessary to run two separate storylines. With your ROH example, for instance, you can throw the Briscoes, Aries, Strong, Cornette and Homicide into one huge storyline which will inevitably help everyone involved. One huge mega-storyline will be more effective than two anyway.

I'm going to have to chime in here and agree with the responses - it's not necessary to run two separate storylines. With your ROH example, for instance, you can throw the Briscoes, Aries, Strong, Cornette and Homicide into one huge storyline which will inevitably help everyone involved. One huge mega-storyline will be more effective than two anyway.

Agreed. An eight man unchained storyline can have up two twenty-eight segments without there being any repetition - enough to cover pretty much any combination you'd care to name. In any case, it is rare to have people involved in more than one storyline - at least as principal characters. Where would you draw the line? A Selfish Egomaniac might demand involvement in [I]every[/I] storyline you have going.

Agreed. An eight man unchained storyline can have up two twenty-eight segments without there being any repetition - enough to cover pretty much any combination you'd care to name. In any case, it is rare to have people involved in more than one storyline - at least as principal characters. Where would you draw the line? A Selfish Egomaniac might demand involvement in [I]every[/I] storyline you have going.

I personally wish the who Rivalry (sp?) system went back to the old EWR way with maybe some little tweaks. I can't stand the TEW Rival/Storyline setup, I use is once and a while mainly only for my World Title. But I really can't stand it. Anyone else want the old EWR version with some tweaks back?

I personally wish the who Rivalry (sp?) system went back to the old EWR way with maybe some little tweaks. I can't stand the TEW Rival/Storyline setup, I use is once and a while mainly only for my World Title. But I really can't stand it. Anyone else want the old EWR version with some tweaks back?

I agree with Plus 44. EWR fueds were more simple and more effective. I loved when ending a storyline it told you that they've gained overness or whatever too. TEW 2005's storylines were promising, but nowhere near complete and it left with the system being awkward imo and the best thing to do was just unchained storylines...Hopefully it's been tweaked enough to make it work well.

I agree with Plus 44. EWR fueds were more simple and more effective. I loved when ending a storyline it told you that they've gained overness or whatever too. TEW 2005's storylines were promising, but nowhere near complete and it left with the system being awkward imo and the best thing to do was just unchained storylines...Hopefully it's been tweaked enough to make it work well.

I liked preset storylines. I found myself using them a lot - especially for high-card storylines. Being able to evolve them was very helpful as well - ditching an Evil Genius storyline to bring in an alternate challenger and so on... I believe in the new game you'll be able to evolve unchained storylines? That will be great, if I've remembered that correctly. In EWR it was just too easy to build worker overness with decent feuds - a halfway decently booked feud would always result in massive gains, with AJ Styles or whoever jumping from LMC to UMC/ME as a result of winning a feud with Matt Hardy or whoever. Although the way the feud points were recorded made keeping track of things easy, it did seem to be an exercise in ticking the boxes a lot of the time.

I liked preset storylines. I found myself using them a lot - especially for high-card storylines. Being able to evolve them was very helpful as well - ditching an Evil Genius storyline to bring in an alternate challenger and so on... I believe in the new game you'll be able to evolve unchained storylines? That will be great, if I've remembered that correctly. In EWR it was just too easy to build worker overness with decent feuds - a halfway decently booked feud would always result in massive gains, with AJ Styles or whoever jumping from LMC to UMC/ME as a result of winning a feud with Matt Hardy or whoever. Although the way the feud points were recorded made keeping track of things easy, it did seem to be an exercise in ticking the boxes a lot of the time.

I really hope that workers can be in multiple feuds (well, two would be enough i guess) because when you think about it, there are loads of situations in reality where people are in more than one storyline. Probably the most simple example would be a situation where you want a worker to be a part of a tournament and at the same time build up a feud with another worker - if you can only have one storyline for each worker, you can't effectively do this. Of course you could edit the tournament-storyline in a way that includes a feud between two workers who (just an example) both get eliminated in the first round. But then, you have that feud influence the rating of the tournament although it doesn't really have anything to do with it anymore. To me that doesn't make sense. Also, the way it used to be, when you book a tournament, all the wrestlers eliminated in the first rounds are completely useless (storyline-wise) until the tournament is finished. And, of course, there's not only the situation with tournaments. I bet everyone here can think of at least a few dozen situations where workers (no matter if WWE, TNA, RoH or whatever) have one big rivalry that's built up over a longer period of time and some smaller feuds (sometimes only over two or three shows) in between. So pleeeeeeeeeeeeease make a great game even greater by allowing multiple feuds for each worker, Adam... that would be a fantastic step! PS: I hope my English isn't too bad to be more or less understood...

I really hope that workers can be in multiple feuds (well, two would be enough i guess) because when you think about it, there are loads of situations in reality where people are in more than one storyline. Probably the most simple example would be a situation where you want a worker to be a part of a tournament and at the same time build up a feud with another worker - if you can only have one storyline for each worker, you can't effectively do this. Of course you could edit the tournament-storyline in a way that includes a feud between two workers who (just an example) both get eliminated in the first round. But then, you have that feud influence the rating of the tournament although it doesn't really have anything to do with it anymore. To me that doesn't make sense. Also, the way it used to be, when you book a tournament, all the wrestlers eliminated in the first rounds are completely useless (storyline-wise) until the tournament is finished. And, of course, there's not only the situation with tournaments. I bet everyone here can think of at least a few dozen situations where workers (no matter if WWE, TNA, RoH or whatever) have one big rivalry that's built up over a longer period of time and some smaller feuds (sometimes only over two or three shows) in between. So pleeeeeeeeeeeeease make a great game even greater by allowing multiple feuds for each worker, Adam... that would be a fantastic step! PS: I hope my English isn't too bad to be more or less understood...

[QUOTE=Nachtfalter;159833] PS: I hope my English isn't too bad to be more or less understood...[/QUOTE] Are you serious? You've done better than half the members here! :) I'm going to stick with my prior statement... everything is fine with storylines in my opinion. I understand how some players may want more than eight slots for involved workers, but I've never found any need.

[QUOTE=Thomnipotent;159887]Are you serious? You've done better than half the members here! :) I'm going to stick with my prior statement... everything is fine with storylines in my opinion. I understand how some players may want more than eight slots for involved workers, but I've never found any need.[/QUOTE] I have no problem with maybe having more then 8 slots for a storyline myself. I really think it could be a great idea. Where I tend to dissagree is with HAVING To have them, or MUST have worker's allowed to be involved with more then one storyline, and even then... I don't really have a problem with it if there were some limitations.. For example, Maybe someone could be used as a major player in one storyline, but you could use them up to X amount of times as MINOR player's in other storylines. You could have the Mentor in a heated feud with his rival, and at the same time have a minor part as a mentor for some other storyline going on, where his student has a couple parts for a mentor angle in it.

[QUOTE=Thomnipotent;159887]Are you serious? You've done better than half the members here! :) [/QUOTE] Well, thanks for the reassurance ;) [QUOTE=Thomnipotent;159887] I'm going to stick with my prior statement... everything is fine with storylines in my opinion. I understand how some players may want more than eight slots for involved workers, but I've never found any need. [/QUOTE] I don't really need more than eight slots for any storyline (except maybe for a 16-men tournament... but that's really not important to me) but I have serious problems with not having the possibility to put one worker in more than one storyline. One other basic example: You have a tag-team you want to split up in two or three months and you already want to build up the split storyline but at the same time you want to have them feud with one or more teams before the split happens. There's no comfortable way to do that with only one feud per worker. I'm not a programmer, so I don't have really have a clue how much coding work it would mean for Adam to include multiple feuds for one worker or if it would maybe screw up something in the way the program works, but if it could be done without too much trouble I would really really appreciate it. There were three things I didn't really like about TEW2005: 1. You couldn't book every match in advance which annoyed be because I had some big 6-Men-Tags I wanted to sell PPVs with --> fixed 2. There was no way to simulate the special importance of Wrestlemania (or the G1 Climax Final for that matter) --> fixed 3. Only one feud per worker --> well, I'm hoping for the best

Archived