AI recruiting seems deficient

Arlie, I've posted this on the Gridiron Glory boards, but thought I should move it here. I've been very pleased with my recruiting efforts so far in this off season, and I got to thinking that maybe I shouldn't be having [I]quite[/I] this much success. I started checking some of the AI teams that I'm aware of, and noticed that several of them have recruited very few players. Its now week 15, and Air Force (which was in the title game just a season or two ago) has 18 remaining scholarships, and has only recruited 2 players so far! CSU, which won the Mtn West conference last season, has only recruited 4 players, and none of them over 2 stars (or under 1000 in national ranking)! In contrast, my lowly SDSU has recruited 12 players so far, all 3-star guys. I've seen alot more examples of AI teams that should be having much more success in recruiting. Can you confirm that there is an imbalance here? Check the Gridiron Glory league file.

Is this something you are seeing in single player or MP? If it's MP, it may be because some of these teams are set for human run and are not getting updated. As far as I know, there is no issue with AI recruiting imbalance. I would look at the classes by the end of the season as well. Some players (esp 2-3 stars) wait until the final weeks.

Is this something you are seeing in single player or MP? If it's MP, it may be because some of these teams are set for human run and are not getting updated. As far as I know, there is no issue with AI recruiting imbalance. I would look at the classes by the end of the season as well. Some players (esp 2-3 stars) wait until the final weeks.

It's happening in Mark's Gridiron Glory league. The teams it's happening to originally had owners but due to inactivity were placed on CPU control. Auburn is really bad but I have no idea if they were put on CPU control or if they were, I don't know when. Prior to the Saturday sim, they show zero commits and 32 open scholarships that hadn't even been offered yet.

It's happening in Mark's Gridiron Glory league. The teams it's happening to originally had owners but due to inactivity were placed on CPU control. Auburn is really bad but I have no idea if they were put on CPU control or if they were, I don't know when. Prior to the Saturday sim, they show zero commits and 32 open scholarships that hadn't even been offered yet.

To be safe, I would have the commish switch to Auburn then go to game options. Set all the AI to handle all activities, then save the game. This should make sure that team is under AI control. The problem may also be that if the AI was not in control early in the recruiting process and no actions was taken, there may be issues with the AI coming in midway through. The commish may also need to set the initial actions and scholarships for the AI to use.

To be safe, I would have the commish switch to Auburn then go to game options. Set all the AI to handle all activities, then save the game. This should make sure that team is under AI control. The problem may also be that if the AI was not in control early in the recruiting process and no actions was taken, there may be issues with the AI coming in midway through. The commish may also need to set the initial actions and scholarships for the AI to use.

Archived