DOTT: WWF'N Raw

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live this Saturday night from the Alumni Hall in NY. Broadcast via TV Cable East on Sunday at 7 PM EST... Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents... [/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling... [FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT] [/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=3] Double Main-Event[/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]World Heavyweight Title contenders, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka w/Capt. Lou Albano & The Superstar Billy Graham w/The Grand Wizard v. The Living Legend Bruno Sammartino & WWF World ©Bob Backlund[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][CENTER][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]WWF Intercontinental Championship Match:[/COLOR][/U] Rocky Johnson w/Tony Atlas v. ©The Magnificent Muraco w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]-PLUS-[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Bulldog Dick Brower v. George "The Animal" Steel[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"][U]Non-Title Match:[/U][/COLOR] The United Forces w/Classy Freddie Blassie v. WWF Tag Team ©The Strongbow's[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B]Tiger Chung Lee w/Mr. Fuji v. Tito Santana[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]-ALSO-[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE][QUOTE][CENTER][B] It's "The legends Son" and "The Wonderful One" as Paul Orndorff makes his WWF debut against David Sammartino in a match of good will.[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B]WWF Announcer Vince McMahon Jr; in a interesting an most unusual turn of events, has a major announcement planned for WWF Championship wrestling and intends to air it IN-RING!... What could this mean?... "BIG NAME STAR"?... JYD?... WAR? Find out live this Saturday night the Alumni Hall in NY, or tune in to TV Cable East Sunday at 7 PM EST.[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]Predictions, critiques, comments, card ratings encouraged!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B]Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka w/Capt. Lou Albano & The Superstar Billy Graham w/The Grand Wizard[/B] v. The Living Legend Bruno Sammartino & WWF World ©Bob Backlund=[I]Gotta go with the Superstar picking up a pinfall on Backlund, setting up a feud there.[/I] Rocky Johnson w/Tony Atlas v. [B]©The Magnificent Muraco w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B]=[I]Muraco gets the win with help from ole Captain Lou and the Soulman moves back into tag team action.[/I] Bulldog Dick Brower v. [B]George "The Animal" Steel[/B]=[I]Just because I'm a fan of the unorthodox Steele.[/I] [B]The United Forces w/Classy Freddie Blassie[/B] v. WWF Tag Team ©The Strongbow's=[I]The beginning of the end for the tag title reign of the Strongbows.[/I] Tiger Chung Lee w/Mr. Fuji v. [B]Tito Santana[/B]=[I]I like Tito. Arriba![/I] It's "The legends Son" and "The Wonderful One" as Paul Orndorff makes his WWF debut against David Sammartino in a match of good will.=[I]No call because I think this will end in a no-contest. I have my ideas of why but I'll keep them quiet for now.[/I] As for Vince's surprise, I think it will be all three that you listed in one form or another, the debut of JYD, Mr. T(who I think is the mystery man talked about) and a promotional war. It's all looking good so far! You know I'll be reading!

This is going to be tough to follow 2 WWF DOTT scenerios (I get confused easily) but, I get hooked so easily on DOTT diaries... Anyways heres my picks [B]Graham & Snuka[/B] over Backlund and Bruno( got to go with heels here setting up big return singles matches) [B]Muraco[/B] defends against "The" Rocky [B]The Animal[/B] takes out the Bulldog and a couple of turnbuckles as well [B]The STrongbows [/B]defend against United Forces, but I agree w/ angeldelayette in the STrongbows reign is on borrowed time [B]Chico "I mean Tito" Santana [/B]beats Tiger Chung Lee [B]Orndorff[/B] over David (Mr. Wonderful has superstar written all over him, he has to go over in his debut Big surprise...God I hope its not Mr.T

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][CENTER][SIZE="5"][U][B]WWF Report:[/B][/U][/SIZE][/CENTER] [/FONT][QUOTE][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]-[/B] As news of [B]WWF’s[/B] [B]war[/B] with the [B]South[/B] spreads throughout the wrestling world, several individuals have become very vocal about the whole affair. One such individual is none other than [B]Jimmy Garvin[/B] of the famous [B]Garvin Wrestling Family.[/B] Jimmy appeared on a radio show last night where he was very candid in his opinions towards [B]Vince McMahon.[/B] I have not heard the broadcasting myself, but am told that Jim did much to bury Mr. McMahon. So much so that several FCC regulations were violated in the process. [B]-[/B] Apparently [B]Andre The Giant and Big John Studd[/B] have been having some problems backstage. According to reports going around the locker-room, the two behemoths are no longer friends at all. Reports from workers close to them site that they have no interest in having anything further to do with each other and that they cannot co-exist even in a working capacity. [B]-[/B] On a more positive note, WWF has further crippled our southern rivals today by signing not one, but two workers right out from under the [B]GCW[/B] booking teams noses. That said… [B]WWF[/B] welcomes the following [B]GCW[/B] workers into the company: [B]Don Jardine Jake Roberts.[/B] [B]-[/B] WWF has also signed the following workers: [B]Danny Davis* Barry Horrowitz* Gene Okerlund**[/B] [B]*[/B]Both [B]Horrowitz and Davis [/B]will compete in our excellent [B]enhancement division[/B] with Davis also serving as a part time [B]Official[/B] on the under-cards. [B]**[/B][B]Okerlund[/B] is set to replace the recently released [B]Howard Finkel[/B] as WWF’s backstage and ringside correspondent. [B]- WWF[/B] certainly has a great assembly of [B]Managers.[/B] Perhaps the greatest grouping of managers in any promotion in the country. I'd go so far as to say that the managers keep this company going! Which is why I'm excited to report that... WWF has signed the following Managers: [B]Bobby Heenan* Jimmy Hart**[/B] [B]* Bobby[/B] will not be acting in a managerial capacity from the onset as he will be the hosting a talk segment show the nature of which is undisclosed as of yet. [B]**Jimmy Hart[/B] otherwise known as [B]"The Mouth Of The South",[/B] is claiming that he speaks for the South and intends to establish a "[B]Southern Foundation"[/B] within the WWF... What could this mean? Time will tell I suppose. [B]-[/B] In a final tidbit, and definitely a "best for last" case scenario, [B]WWF[/B] has successfully negotiated a [B]Closed Circuit Television [/B]deal with [B]Public Access Select.[/B] WWF programming will now be seen throughout the US as well as Canada for the next six months. With [B]MACW[/B] being the only other American promotion with a CCT deal, we now "[B][I]SHARE"[/I][/B] near equal leverage throughout the country. This could spell trouble for the [B]NWA[/B] and more importantly, for WWF's enemies down in the South. Expect an announcement sometime next week concerning [B]WWF's[/B] first ever [B]CCT broadcast.[/B] In the meantime, the promotional fliers are out, and all the tickets are gone! Up next and before a sellout crowd... [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]WWF Championship Wrestling...[/B][/FONT] [B][FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT][/B] Stay tuned folks! [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thanks to everyone who left comments. They are all appreciated! Also, feel free to gripe, comment, complain, insult, criticize or what have any of you. I value input! UbernoobDXA, I'm running straight edge so I can be fired or quit. As for Jimmy... EDIT: BTW, the show is booked and will be up as soon as I finish writing it out.

Raw 1 [B][COLOR="Blue"]M.O.M.[/COLOR][/B][QUOTE][B]Backstage. A familiar trio Stand huddled together and engaged in a seemingly important conversation.[/B] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Here’s to the new year Gent’s![/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]I’ll tell ya, there’s plenty a [B]"new"[/B] to go around that’s for sure![/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Certainly, but, we’ll take it slow. We have all the time in the world Gentlemen. Now, where to begin?[/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"][B]Backlund![/B][/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]So much for taking it slow. Right to the chase huh?[/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Darn right![/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Well, the way I see it Lou, we’ve both got clients facing him tonight. Whomever’s client pins Backlund get’s the shot. What do you say?[/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]I’m with it… I’m a manager of Champions! It’s Time I added that [B]World Title[/B] to my list.[/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Then it’s settled. Freddie, you good on your end?[/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Yeah, [B]-KOFF-[/B] I got it covered. But I don’t know about these guy’s Wiz. They aint right upstairs if you get my meaning.[/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]No, I don’t.[/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Looking nervous Freddie boy.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]I’m just sayin‘, that [B]Sheik[/B] is weird is all. You know a little something about them Sheiks dontcha Wiz?[/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]… Next topic![/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Well I wanna know who’s gonna replace [B]Buddy?[/B][/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Figures. The guy’s retired a month, he leaves you with [B]Intercontinental[/B] gold and you already wanna know who gets his spot?[/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]… What? It’s a good question![/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]He's got no class but he's right. We gotta status quo to maintain here![/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Any ideas?[/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]What about the [B]Hart,[/B] kid?[/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]He’s a pansy! I aint breakin bread with no pansy’s![/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Rumor has it, he’s bringing in a [B]”Foundation”[/B] of some sort. Word out is that he speaks for the [B]South[/B] and you already know that since [B]Prince “Holier Than Thou”[/B] went ahead and signed [B]JYD,[/B] we’re at [B]w-[/B][/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]-Let’s not confuse topics Lou. In this case, Hart’s a wildcard. He’s out! Who else?[/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]What’s [B]Fuji’s[/B] deal anyway?[/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]He’s clinging to that ring like moss on a rockbed. Won’t let it go.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Don’t I know the feeling.[/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Lay offa Fuji! He’s good with me. I vouch for him. I’ll bring Fuji home.[/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Settled! So that’s it for-[/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]-I like that [B]Heenan[/B] fella![/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]… You would. He’s a weasel.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Look who’s talkin‘! Guy’s got brains![/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Yeah, I don’t see no problems with Heenan neither. You threatened Wiz?[/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Next Topic![/COLOR] [B]Cap:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Well, are we still taking it slow, or should I go ahead and mention our biggest problem?[/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]… … …[/COLOR] [B]Freddie:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Cut the act Wiz! You know what he’s going on about! [B]JYD![/B][/COLOR] [B]Wiz:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Who?[/COLOR] [B]The trio continue to converse as the camera fades to black.= A[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE="1"][B]Note: This segment was not seen at the Saturday, week 1, January 1983 live taping of [B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling...[/FONT][/B] [B][FONT="Impact"][SIZE="3"]RAW![/SIZE][/FONT][/B] Rather, it was shown during the first 2:38 of the televised airing the following Sunday night at 7 PM EST on TV CABLE EAST.[/B][/SIZE]

Raw! #1 [B][SIZE="1"]Saturday, week 1, January 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live from the Alumni Hall in NY. Broadcast via TV Cable East on Sunday at 7 PM EST... Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents... [/B][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B][SIZE="6"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling... [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="7"]RAW![/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]You've Got The Body?[/COLOR][/B] The show opens at the announce table where [B]Vince McMahon, Gorilla Monsoon, and Lord Alfred Hayes[/B] sit in preparation for tonight’s events. Just as they are about to announce the opening, Vince McMahon rises and heads for the ring. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]AHEM![/B] Ladies, Gentleman… [B]WWF[/B] fans viewing around the country. Many of you know me as [B]Vince McMahon,[/B] commentator for WWF programming. I however, am a man of many roles. Roles which most you have no knowledge of but exist nonetheless and sooner or later, will come to light as all things must do. The point is, the WWF now stands on the precipice of great… Change if you will. A change such that I’m in a position whereby I feel it is necessary to take on a new role for myself. That having been said, from this day forth, I will no longer be joining my esteemed colleagues [B]Gorilla Monsoon and Alfred Hayes[/B] in the commentary booth as I am formally stepping down as an [B]Announcer.[/B] The reasons are forthcoming in just a few minutes but for now, without further ado, I give you my replacement...[/COLOR] [B]Jesse “The Body“ Ventura[/B] steps out onto the stage and makes his way down towards the booth. Once there, he accepts a handshake from Lord Alfred Hayes before brushing off a similar gesture from Gorilla Monsoon: [B]Jesse Ventura:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Outta the way [B]MONSOON![/COLOR]= B-[/B] [B]Ventura[/B] seats himself as [B]Vince McMahon[/B] continues: [B]Vince:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]As I mentioned earlier, [B]WWF[/B] is in the processes of change. A change that has been brought on… Why, by the very thing we are seeing today! By fans like you! The very sell-out crowds that are sparking interest in this great sport like such that has never been experienced before. More importantly, your attendance and support has sparked an even greater interest in the WWF. I have it on good authority that even as I speak, stars from all over the country are packing their bags and heading up north to be apart of this new experience and it is all because of each and everyone of you! I should like to be apart of this [B]“New Experience”[/B] as well and as such, I have been given the opportunity to take on a more active role within the company. I will be joining the Managerial ranks as a foil to the dastardly [B]Lou Albano, Grand Wizard, Freddie Blassie[/B] and the likes. In fact, I’m pleased to inform you that I have indeed given due diligence to my new role as I have gone ahead and negotiated a contract with my first client none other than… Well, let’s just say that this individual is the biggest, baddest… [B]BEST [/B]wrestler in the southern United States! Also, and as an added treat for each and everyone of you, I can guarantee he will make an appearance here, [B]TONIGHT![/B][/COLOR][B]= B-[/B] [COLOR="Blue"][B]"Wonder" From Down Under[/B][/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]For the time being, allow me to introduce my very first client, a well known competitor out of the great State of Georgia… [B]Paul Orndorff![/B][/COLOR] [B]Paul Orndorff[/B] emerges from behind the curtain to little or no fanfare. He rolls inside of the ring and accepts a handshake as well as the mic from McMahon. He thanks the crowd for allowing him the opportunity to perform in front of them and goes on to express his excitement over working with the [B]WWF, Vince McMahon,[/B] and his upcoming opponent, [B]David Sammartino.= C-[/B] [B]Match 1:[/B] [COLOR=Blue][B]Goodwill match.[/B][/COLOR] [QUOTE][U][B]David Sammartino v. Paul “Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff w/Vince McMahon:[/B][/U] Sammartino received the brunt of the fans adjulation as the little known Orndorff was overshadowed by the young Sammartino's legendary pedigree. Undaunted, Orndorff offered David a handshake as a sign of respect and the match officially got underway. Both workers exhibited excellent conduct while getting in a near equal amount of offense. They both played face roles in this contest with Sammartino playing the [B]"Wholesome Goody Two Shoes",[/B] and Orndorff the [B]"Valiant Hero".[/B] In the end, overall inexperience would be the determining factor in David's downfall as a rookie mistake left him set up and in position for Orndorff's [B]"Pile Driver".[/B] When... Out of nowhere, [B]Stan Hansen[/B] rolls into the ring and nails referee [B]David Hebner[/B] with a clubbing right hand. Before [B]"Mr. Wonderful" [/B]has time enough to react, he is instantly floored with a devastating [B]Lariat clothesline.[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Hansen:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Yella bellied [B]TURNCOAT![/B][/COLOR][QUOTE]Hansen precedes to stomp away on Orndorff before turning his attention towards a shocked, [B]Vince McMahon.[/B][/QUOTE][B]Hansen:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You and yer daddy wanna go pisssin' in other folks pools an aint figure that sooner or later ya might have a redneck crappin' all over yer own backyard. Well in this case, it's [B]SOONER[/B] rather than later innit... [B]BOY![/B][/COLOR][QUOTE]Vince McMahon stands wide eyed as Hansen administers several more boot shots to Orndorff before continuing.[/QUOTE][B]Hansen:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Don’t act like ya don’t know what I’m talkin' ‘bout! You spit inna faces o' folks what built ya's inna name o' yer Televised Sport‘s Enteratinment!? Yer [B]“New Experience“?[/B] You wanna Goddamned [B]WAR!?[/B] I‘ll give ya a scrap fer damn sure![/COLOR][QUOTE]Hansen repeatedly kicks Orndorff in a frenzied rage until he falls to the outside of the ring. From there, he runs over and kicks a recovering David Sammartino in the face before gripping a handful of his hair and yanking him to his feet. By now, [B]Head official Dick Woehrle[/B] is out to the ring to replace Dave Hebner and is calling for the bell signaling a DQ. [U][B]Paul Orndorff b. David Sammartino via DQ= C[/B][/U][/QUOTE]Ignoring Woehrle altogether, [B]Hansen[/B] nails [B]Sammartino[/B] in the face with a few closed fisted blows and then returns his attention to [B]McMahon.[/B] [B]Hansen:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Pay close attention son 'cuz I'm 'bout ta learn you an yer paw somethin' and it aint in no [B]SCRIPT![/B] It's a page from the [B]School O' Hard Knocks[/B] and it's comin' courtesy o' the [B]South[/B] ya sorry sonnuva-[B]BI-[/B][/COLOR] The camera fades to black as [B]Vince McMahon[/B] can be heard (off screen) ordering production to cut the feed.[B]=*[/B] [B]Match 2:[/B] [QUOTE][U][B]Tiger Chung Lee w/Mr. Fuji v. Tito Santana:[/B][/U] We come back from commercial where we find the next contest is already in progress. Tito Santana played the “Hero in peril” role to perfection in this match as Chung Lee was able to seize the upper hand from the onset when [B]Mr. Fuji [/B]tripped up Santana as he bounced off of the ropes. From there, Tiger worked Santana over with a combination of Strong style as well as submissive tactics. Tito would almost position himself to gain an upper hand several times during the match, but found his efforts continuously thwarted by the interference of the wiley, Mr. Fuji. Eventually, Tiger Chung administers his [B]“Cobra Nerve Hold”[/B] submission. [B]Dick Woehrle[/B] questions Tito several times before raising his arm in the air and releasing it. Tito’s arm falls prone. The ref repeats the action and again, the arm falls prone. By now the crowd has begun a rhythmic clap. The ref raises Santana’s arm yet a third time. This time, his arm remains in the air. The fans continue to clap as slowly, an anguished Tito allows them to motivate himself to his feet. The claps continue as Tito elbows Tiger in the gut. Tiger releases the hold completely as a second elbow connects with his mid-section. Santana throws his hand in the air before running towards the opposite ring ropes. He connects hard with Mr. Fuji who had climbed onto the canvas during Santana’s comeback, and knocks him from the ring into the barrier outside. Tiger has recovered by now and heads towards Santana only to be hit with a running [B]“Flying Burrito” (Flying Forearm)[/B] which Santana is able to pull off on instinct alone. Santana makes a quick cover while Fuji remains down on the outside and picks up the pinfall. [U][B]Tito Santana p. Tiger Chung Lee= C[/B][/U][/QUOTE][B]Match 3:[/B] [QUOTE][U][B]Bulldog Dick Brower v. George “The Animal” Steel:[/B][/U] The Bulldog is making a return appearance here in the [B]WWF[/B] in this match. The jeers he receives from the fans upon emergence from the curtain serve to indicate that his violent and bloody past is still fresh in their memories. Brower takes to the ring and George Steel steps out to a great ovation soon thereafter. Steel staggers down to the ring, his green tongue protruding from his mouth all the while. Once inside the ring. Steel all but ignores Brower and goes right for a corner turnbuckle. He begins to rip and tear at it with his teeth while referee [B]Dick Woehrle[/B] attempts to admonish him. Brower Seizes an opportunity and attacks Steel from behind with a running forearm to the back of the neck. He then precedes to pound The Animal to the canvas with a vicious barrage of axe handle blows. The bell rings out starting the match as Brower follows up with a series of boots to Steels mid-section before finishing with a standing elbow drop across his back. Rolling onto all fours, Brower begins taunting and slapping Steel about the head and face. These actions only serve to enrage George as he is able to seize hold of The Bulldogs hand and sink his teeth into it. Brower screams out as Steel works his way to his feet with Brower’s hand still clenched firmly between is canines. Brower unloads with a series of blows in an attempt to free himself. George responds in kind while refusing to release Brower’s now bloodied hand. Finally, The ref is able to break the illegal maneuver. Steel immediately presses the attack by catapulting Brower into the ropes and connecting with a running knee raise. Brower, having had enough, bails from the ring to recuperate. In the meantime, Steel heads back over to the turnbuckle and successfully bites the padding off thereby exposing the metal ring buckle. The crowd goes wild as Steel tosses the turnbuckle filling into the air while eating what he can of it. Seeing this, Brower grabs a chair and rolls back inside of the ring behind Steel. George turns just in time to duck under a chair shot. Now positioned to the rear of Brower, he rams him in the back thereby forcing him into the exposed turnbuckle. The impact causes the chair to recoil and connect with Brower’s face. Brower, now dazed remains standing but drops the chair. Steel moves over and immediately begins banging Brower’s head into the exposed buckle until blood is drawn. In a freakish display of tenacity, Brower is able to block one of the attempts and respond with one of his own which causes George to bleed in turn. Seeing the blood, George screams out and pounds Dick’s head against the buckle. Again, Dick responds in kind. The match continues in this manner with both men taking turns banging the others head against the buckle until, the official having little choice, signals for the bell. [U][B]Dick Brower draws w/George Steel via Referee stoppage= B+[/B][/U][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]JIHAD[/COLOR][/B] [B]Classy Freddie Blassie and his team, The United Forces,[/B] are out to the ring to cut a promo for their upcoming [B]non-title[/B] match against [B]Mid-card Tag Team Champions, The Strongbow’s.[/B] [B]The Iron Sheik[/B] is from head to toe, garbed in full Islamic dress. He wields an Iranian flag which he waves frantically to and fro. [B]Nikolai Volkoff[/B] is also garbed in traditional Islamic dress however, it bares the red and yellow colors of the U.S.S.R. [B]Freddie Blassie:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Listen up [B]GEEKS![/B] I wanna make one thing clear! [B]The Strongbums…[/B] Their days are numbe--[/COLOR] Blassie stands taken aback when Volkoff suddenly snatches the mic away from him. [B]Nikoloai Volkoff:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]--I came here for [B]WWF Tag Team Titles.[/B] I not here for talk!… WWF tell me I must make proof. I make no proof! [B]STRONGBOW![/B] WWF Tag Team Titles are fools gold. [B]YOU ARE FOOLS![/B] Tonight, Nikolai show you.[/COLOR] Iron Sheik Takes the mic: [B]Iron Sheik:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Bigger than the [B]Strongbow’s.[/B] Strongbow’s are steppingstones. This is about Americans. About [B]ALL[/B] Americans! About [B]“THE ALL AMERICAN”![/B][/COLOR] Iron Sheik closes his eyes and begins to speak in earnest. Freddie Blassie appears completely confused as the Sheik begins to rant: [B]Iron Sheik:[/B] [COLOR="red"]My brothers wherever you may be. Should you be even in the furthest parts of Earth's four corners, I call on you now! I say [B]JIHAD!… JIHAD![/B][/COLOR] [B]Nikolai and Sheik in Unison: [COLOR="red"]JIHAD![/COLOR][/B] [B]Iron Sheik: [COLOR="red"][/B] Come my brothers that we may wage a war of our own as a [B]UNITED FORCE! [/B] That we be one. We start with The Strongbows, the most native of Americans, and we finish with… [B]HIM![/B][/COLOR] Iron Sheik opens his eyes as he continues: [COLOR="red"][B]Chief Jay... Jules![/B] This is so much bigger than you. You are merely examples and simply because you are Americans. Americans... [B]HUAAAAAAAUGGGGHHHH… PTUI![/COLOR][/B][B]= B+[/B] [B]Match 4:[/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Non-Title Match[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][U][B]The United Forces w/Classy Freddie Blassie v. WWF Tag Team ©The Strongbow‘s[/B][/U] Chief Jay and Jules come out in unison and are garbed in full Native American attire. Chief stands with his hand at his sides and a look of rage on his face. Jules is also clearly angered. Both men remove their head dressings as well as their [B]Tag Titles[/B] and drop them in the aisle. From there, they head towards the ring at pace. However, they never make it as Nikolai shoves [B]Blassie[/B] aside and rolls out of the ring in time to meet them with a double clothesline. The Iron Sheik follows suit with a shot across Jay Strongbow’s head with his Iranian flag. Jay instantly falls unconscious as the flag breaks in two from the impact. In unison, The United Forces carry Jules Strongbow to the ring where Freddie Blassie instructs the ref to do his job and get the match underway. The match itself was completely one sided as Nikolai exerted his rage at the expense of Jules Strongbow while The Sheik mocked the fans from the outside. Jules only hot moment was killed by a hooked boot shot to the small of his back from The Sheik. This led to a gorilla press, and from there, into a backbreaker across the knee of mighty Nikolai Volkoff. Nikolai forcefully shoves Jules to the canvas and covers him. The ref gets to two and is about to make a certain three when… Nikolai gets up at the last instant and tags in The Iron Sheik. The Sheik enters the ring and drags Jules to the center so that he is facing his Uncle on the outside. Once satisfied, he flips him over and locks in his [B]“Camel Clutch”.[/B] Nikolai, now on the outside, raises Jay up by the head so that he witnesses his Nephews fate. Moments later, the bell rings out as Jules Strongbow is forced into submission at the hands of The Iron Sheik. [U][B]The United Forces b. The Strongbow’s= B[/B][/U][/QUOTE][QUOTE][B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"][CENTER]DOUBLE MAIN-EVENT[/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE][COLOR="Blue"][B]The Rock v. The ummm... Rock/... Get Up Rocky![/B][/COLOR] [B]Match 5:[/B] [COLOR=Blue][B]Intercontinental Title Match [/B][/COLOR] [QUOTE][U][B]Rocky Johnson w/Tony Atlas v. ©Don Muraco w/Capt. Lou Albano [/B][/U] This match could have been a show stealer. Rather, it [B][I]SHOULD[/I][/B] have been a show stealer however, it was completely one sided in the favor of the [B]IC Champion.[/B] Why?... You guessed it! [B]Captain Lou[/B] was the culprit. From the beginning, the savvy Albano was able to distract [B]The Soulmen[/B] long enough for Muraco to carry out a successful sneak attack on Rocky Johnson. A sneak attack that saw Johnson felled to a [B]"Samoan Spike"[/B]and never recover. By the time the official had gotten the match under control, the damage had already been done. In fact, when the bell finally rang out, Johnson was downed yet again from a second Samoan Spike. At this point, Muraco moves to make the pinfall. The ref assumes position but only gets to a one count when Muraco arrogantly jerks Rocky off of the canvas. Muraco then savagely precedes to dismantle Johnson much to the chagrin of an angered Tony Atlas. [B]"Mr. USA"[/B] having seen enough makes several attempts to enter the ring but is chatised by the official for his efforts. His actions also provide enough of a distraction for Albano and Muraco to get away with several double team tactics while the official is busy containing him. Finally, Muraco administers his [B]"Inverted Pile Driver"[/B] finisher. Again, he refuses to make the cover. Instead he circles Johnson while goading him to get up. Tony Atlas having had all he can take, lunges into the ring and inadverdantly knocks the official aside. He moves to meet Muraco and the two engage in a heated exchange of words. The official jumps up and calls for the bell signalling a DQ just as Muraco forcefully shoves Atlas. Atlas pauses for a moment before shoving Muraco with much more force and causing to him to stagger several paces backwards. Muraco is about to press the attack when Dick Woehrle along with Lou Albano jump in front of the both of them effectively keeping them seperated. The match culminates with Atlas and Muraco locked in a heated staredown. [U][B]Don Muraco b. Rocky Johnson via DQ to retain The WWF Intercontinental Title= A[/B][/U][/QUOTE][COLOR="blue"][B]Video Recap[/B][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]The Announce Team (Gorilla Monsoon, Lord Alfred Hayes, Jesse "The Body" Ventura)[/B] revisits the shocking events of earlier tonight when [B]Stan Hansen[/B] confronted [B]Vince McMahon.[/B] They introduce a video segment explaining that it contains images that were not aired previously. [B]Gorilla Monsoon[/B] goes on to say that some of what may be displayed could be deemed as graphic in nature and that parents might want to use discretion in regards to whether or not their children should view it. He further states that it has been edited down but that the content can be considered disturbing nonetheless. [CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"]*Bruno At The Bat[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE]The video opens to scenes of tonights earlier events. Interesting to note is that the video is without any audio whatsoever and that the footage itself has been meticulously cut down. What follows is an image of [B]Stan Hansen[/B] with [B]David Sammartino[/B] in his clutches. The feed cuts to images depicting Stan Hansen executing an Irish whip followed by the most ridiculously, vicious, [B]"Lariat"[/B] ever recorded! Again, the images are edited, but what is seen is certainly appalling. Sammartino almost does a flip, but not completely. Instead, he lands so that his chin, neck and upper chest hit the canvas first (and in that order) with his feet in the air. His feet would then bounce off of the ropes. What happened next would have to be left up to assumption as the feed cuts to another scene of Hansen standing over a felled and apparently broken, David Sammartino. The next scene has [B]Bruno Sammartino[/B] rushing out to the ring to attempt some sort of retribution only to fall short as Stan Hansen makes to fight, but bails at the last possible second. The final footage is of David Sammartino conscious, but in a neck brace and riding in an ambulance. A Tearful Bruno rides alongside him as the feed fades out.[B]= B[/B][/QUOTE]After the video is aired, we’re informed that the WWF in no way promotes nor condones such actions. The announcers also state that Bruno Sammartino has indeed left the building to see to the condition of his son and that it is unclear as to whether or not his scheduled [B]Main Event Tag Team match up[/B] will take place.[B]= B+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Capt. Lou Albano and the Grand Wizard of Wrestling[/B] are in the ring along with their respective clients, [B]The Super team (“Superstar" Billy Graham & Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka).[/B] Albano takes the mic first and explains that he is not happy with words of [B]Vince McMahon[/B] from earlier tonight. He says that he is appalled that McMahon has the audacity to think he can just jump into a managerial role when others have spent years paying dues to achieve the same thing. He states that McMahon should stay at the announce table where he belongs, but since he is attempting to manage, he will give him an opportunity to wrest the [B]WWF World Tag Team Titles [/B]away from his [B]Savage Samoans[/B] next week. That is providing McMahon can find a suitable tag team in time. [B]Capt. Lou:[/B] [COLOR="red"]As for tonight…[/COLOR] Albano passes the mic to The Grand Wizard who goes on about what happened earlier with [B]Stan Hansen and Bruno Sammartino.[/B] The Wizard then expresses that he and his colleague as well as their clients, would not be willing to accept a no contest or a postponement of tonight’s match. [B]The Grand Wizard:[/B] [COLOR="red"]If [B]Backlund [/B]were a true [B]Champion…[/B] If he were truly a man, then he’d come out here and either forfeit or accept The [B]Super Teams[/B] challenge to a [B]Handi-Cap match![/B][/COLOR] [B]Jimmy Snuka:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Bruddah, if you got guts… If you got any heart, you’ll come out here bruddah. You’ll come see the [B]“Superfly”[/B][/COLOR] [B]Billy Graham:[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]Bobby[/B] boy, I’ve got the looks, the ladies and I’ve got the [B]POWER![/B] What you’ve got is a meeting with [B]THE MAN OF THE HOUR![/B] Believe it![/COLOR][B]= A[/B]* [B]Match 6: [COLOR=Blue]Handi-Cap Parking Only![/COLOR] [/B] [QUOTE][B][U] The Super Team(“The Superstar” Billy Graham w/The Grand Wizard of Wrestling & Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka w/Capt. Lou Albano) v. WWF World ©Bob Backlund:[/U][/B] [B]The Grand Wizard, Lou Albano and co.[/B] remain in the ring gloating about tonight’s events when… The crowd becomes uproarious at the appearance of [B]WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund.[/B] Bob is garbed in his wrestling trunks and a collegiate amateur wrestling jacket with his much coveted [B]Title[/B] adorning his waist. He paces about the entrance in quiet contemplation before heading towards the ring. Once there, he stops short and waves for the official. He exchanges a whisper with the ref before hesitantly rolling into the ring apparently intent on meeting the challenge. The Super Team offers a collective smirk at this before arguing over which of them is going to start the match off. The dispute was soon settled as both Graham and Snuka ran over and attacked an unprepared, Bob Backlund. Bob did his best to fight them off but quickly found himself succumbing to the joint battery of his opponents. The Super Team beat him into the mat and then began toying with him as neither man was willing to exit the ring. The official is finally able to get an irritated Graham over to his corner thus allowing Snuka to continue working over the Champion. Snuka’s in-ring experience shone to the fore as he moved Backlund to his teams corner and executed an effective quick tag strategy that saw both members of the Super Team picking Backlund apart in succession. Snuka had just tagged back in and was looking to take further advantage of Bob when his own overconfidence caused him to lose the upper-hand and fall to a single leg take down. Somehow mustering a burst of energy, Bob leaps to his feet just as Snuka does. Snuka makes for Bob and is caught in a hip toss. Snuka goes down and is right up only to be hip tossed again. Snuka pounds the canvas in frustration before jumping to his feet and right into a dropkick from a fired up, Bob Backlund. The force of the dropkick knocks Snuka into his corner where Graham tags himself in only to be rolled into a small package. The ref doesn’t even get a one count as Graham pops out with force. He and Backlund get to their feet and the both of them bounce off of opposite ropes. Graham let’s loose with a powerful clothesline that Backlund is able to duck under. They bounce off of the ropes again, but this time, Graham holds onto the top rope thereby staying himself while an unaware Bob Backlund bounces off of his ropes and misses a dropkick attempt; thus crashing into the mat. Wasting little time, Graham moves over to Bob and raises him into a brutal power slam. Raising him again, he tosses Bob into the ropes and catches him in a big [B]“Bear Hug”[/B] right in the center of the ring. Graham smiles wryly as with fresh arms, he frantically shakes Backlund about. The force with which Graham is shaking him is so severe that the official is hardly able to get a hold of Backlund’s arm to determine if he is still conscious. Eventually, [B]Dick Woehrle[/B] secures Backlund’s arm and raises it only to watch it fall twice in succession. He raises it a third time and clearly it is about to fall [URL="http://www.queenwords.com/audio/midis/aobtd.mid"][B][COLOR="Blue"]when all of a sudden...[/COLOR] [/B][/URL][/QUOTE][COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="3"]‘Steve walks warily down the street With the brim pulled way down low’[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][QUOTE]The music takes everyone in attendance completely by surprise. Graham drops Backlund just as Snuka re-enters the ring and both head over towards the ropes facing the entrance of the Hall. [/QUOTE][COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="3"]‘Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet Machine guns ready to go’[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [QUOTE]By now, Backlund has crawled to an adjacent corner where… [B]The Junkyard Dog[/B] is waiting to tag himself in.[/QUOTE][COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"][B]‘Are you ready, are you ready for this Are you hangin' on the edge of your seat’[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][QUOTE]Lou Albano frantically warns Jimmy Snuka who bails from the ring while The Grand Wizard makes a failed attempt to do the same with Billy Graham.[/QUOTE][COLOR="red"][SIZE="3"][B]‘Out of the doorway the bullets rip To the sound of the beat Another one bites the dust Another one bites the dust And another one gone and another one gone Another one bites the dust’ [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][QUOTE]It is too little, too late for “The Superstar” as he turns just in time to get completely ran through by JYD with a shoulder block. Graham is quickly up only to be grounded again from a monstrous head butt. JYD helps him up this time and launches him into the ropes. Graham bounces off into a very high sunset flip that elicits a collective gasp from the crowd. Graham leaps up and gripping his back, he staggers into a corner to rest. He is soon to find out it is the wrong corner as Bob Backlund chops him across the chest the sting of which turns Graham around and right into a… [B]THUMP![/B] The Dog makes the cover securely hooking Grahams leg in the process while Backlund enters the ring and keeps Snuka at bay. The ref makes an easy three count giving Both Bob Backlund and Junkyard Dog the official victory. However, what goes unnoticed is the hand of “The Superstar” Billy Graham firmly gripping the bottom rope. [U][B]Bob Backlund & JYD b. The Super Team= A[/B][/U][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="blue"]Bobby And His Dog: [/COLOR][/B][URL="http://www.queenwords.com/audio/midis/aobtd.mid"][B][COLOR="Blue"]A Celebration![/COLOR] [/B][/URL] Immediately following the match, the music begins again while an irate, [B]Billy Graham [/B]pleads his case with [B]Dick Woehrle.[/B] Realizing that the ref will hear none of it, Graham attempts to take out his frustrations on [B]Backlund and JYD.[/B] He quickly rethinks that idea upon seeing both Backlund and JYD standing side by side with The Dog wielding his chain and Backlund his [B]Title.[/B] Instead, Graham exit’s the ring and slowly make his way towards the back with [B]The Grand Wizard[/B] in tow. Meanwhile, JYD has begun to juke and jive in the ring to [B]Queens, ‘Another One Bites The Dust’.[/B] Bob Backlund attempts to dance as well before settling himself on the second turnbuckle and displaying his [B]WWF World Title[/B] high above his head As [B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling…[/FONT][/B] [B][SIZE="3"][FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT][/SIZE][/B] goes off of the air.[B]= A[/B] [SIZE=3][B]OVERALL RATING:= A[/B][/SIZE] [B]Announcer:[/B] Gorilla Monsoon [B]Play by play:[/B] Lord Alfred Hayes [B]Color Commentator:[/B] Jesse "The Body" Ventura [B]Attendance:[/B] 5,000 (sellout) [B]TV Rating:[/B] 74,912 [B]Notes:[/B] More talking in this show than I would have liked, but it was necessary in order to set up certain plot threads. At any rate, I'm happy with it as it was good for what it was. I'd hoped the Hansen appearance would have gone over better but considering it involved Sammartino Jr. and Orndorff, It's acceptable. I'm just personally unsatisfied with how the angle played out. What does impress, me is the incredible jump in popularity JYD has experienced from his exposure in just this show alone. The guy is gold! [QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next Week:[/SIZE] It's another exciting double main event as Superstar Billy Graham takes on The Junkyard Dog in a grudge match. Lou Albano has issued the challenge and The WWF World Tag Team Titles are on the line. Will Vince McMahon find a Tag Team to answer the call? PLUS: "The Brain Game": Bobby Heenan plays the game with "The Eigth Wonder Of The World". Bruno Sammartino speaks out! Also, The Iron Sheik has given the order. What is Jihad?... Stay Tuned![/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live this Thursday night from the John J. Lee Amphitheater, New Haven, CT. Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents ...[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]In Your Neighborhood [/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=3]Main-Event[/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B]Pedro Morales v. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B][/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]PLUS[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE][CENTER][B] The North-South Connection v. Ivan Putski & Tito Santana[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][CENTER][QUOTE][B]Sheik Nikolai w/The Iron Sheik v. Jules Strongbow w/Chief Jay[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Special Delivery Jones v. Big John Studd[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Thursday, week 2, January 1983[/SIZE] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live from the John J. Lee Amphitheater, New Haven, CT. Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents ...[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]In Your Neighborhood [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [B]Match 1[/B] [QUOTE][B]Big John Studd[/B] b. S.D. Jones via Pinfall after a [B]Power Slam.=[/B] [B]C+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 2[/B] [QUOTE][B]Jules Strongbow[/B] b. Sheik Nikolai via DQ when [B]The Iron Sheik[/B] interferes.= [B]B-[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 3:[/B] [QUOTE][B]The North-South Connection draw w/Ivan Putski & Tito Santana [/B]when the time limit expires.= [B]B+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 4: [COLOR="blue"]Main Event[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B]Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B] p. Pedro Morales when Morales is tripped up by [B]Albano.[/B]= [B]B+[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Overall:[/B] [B]B+[/B] [B]Attendance[/B]: 1,590 [B]Notes:[/B] Eh, not much to say here. A foray into New England that was a harder hit in the pocket book than I'd expected. The increase in POP in this case makes the venture well worth it. I see this show as an experiment of sorts as I plan to establish an even greater fan base in the region. I'll definitely be coming back, and sooner rather than later. It just won't be an IYN thing is all. [QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next:[/SIZE] The McMahons sent tremors through the wrestling world last week by opening the year with a show that could change the face of wrestling as we know it today! Will more light be shed on this "New Experience" Vince McMahon hinted about? Bruno speaks out and you just know "The Outlaw" will be listening! Plus, Graham gripes and of course... Jihad! All of this and some wrestling too as CWC/Titan Sports brings [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling[/FONT] [FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT] back to NY this Saturday night. ... Stay tuned folks![/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][CENTER][SIZE="5"][U][B]WWF Report:[/B][/U][/SIZE][/CENTER] [/FONT][QUOTE][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]-[/B] Sugar, Honey, and Iced-Tea. It all rolls down hill! This past Monday, [B]Vince[/B] and Myself found our cups filled to overflowing with the stuff. Iced-Tea that is, served cold and handed out courtesy of the [B]NWA Board of Directors.[/B] I’ll tell you this, [B]Bob Geigel[/B] is one smug S.O.B. to be sure! The man looked us right in the face and expected us to believe that neither he nor the NWA and it’s constituents had anything to do with the appearance of [B]Stan Hansen[/B] on [B]WWF programming.[/B] I beg to differ of course as Hansen is a logical step considering he is a Southern worker who currently has no ties to any U.S. promotion. As such, he makes for an easy fall guy. The type of fall guy of which one could easily wash their hands should the need arise. Apparently, now is the time and the need has arisen As The NWA as a whole stand on a foundation of denial. [B]-[/B] To tell you the truth, [B]Jim Crocket[/B] is worse than [B]Geigel[/B] in that crocket can’t wait to helm the [B]NWA[/B] and at the very least, see our company in ruin. This evidenced by the list of accussations he in turn threw at us which included no less than the following: [B]1.[/B] Attempting to manipulate circumstances within the [B]Southern Territories[/B] (under the guise of friendship), in order to use our own greater revenue with which to sign away workers to [B]exclusive/written[/B] deals. [B]2.[/B] Inciting a justifiable [B]War[/B] by severing certain [B]Non-Aggression pacts[/B] in strategic areas within the [B]NWA [/B]the purposes for which are aforementioned. [B]3.[/B] Breaking Kayfabe. [B]4.[/B] Stealing workers. [B]-[/B] Needless to say, the culmination of the meeting certainly wasn’t cordial as [B]Vince McMahon[/B] told the [B]NWA and it’s Board of Directors[/B] exactly where they could stick their list of accusations; That being the very place they got the Iced-Tea from. [B]-[/B] We remain on speaking terms with the [B]NWA[/B] at this point, but it is unclear as to how long [B]WWF and MACW[/B] will remain [B]Non-Aggressive.[/B] Clearly, [B]Jim Crocket[/B] feels threatened (and rightfully so) by the apparent “power play” [B]Vincent K.[/B] is making in the South. I’ll keep you updated as the current situation progresses. In the meantime, stay tuned for yet another update as WWF has had an exciting week thus far and there is much to cover as we head towards [FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]WWF Championship Wrestling...[/B][/FONT] [B][FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT][/B][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][CENTER][SIZE="5"][U][B]WWF Report:[/B][/U][/SIZE][/CENTER][/FONT][QUOTE][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B]-[/B] “The Show Must Go On”! A shared sentiment between both [B]Vince McMahon[/B] and myself as it regards to events taking place at last weeks [B]WWF Championship Wrestling...[/B] [B][FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT][/B] “The Show Must Go On”! That ‘s exactly what we explained to [B]Vince Sr.[/B] when questioned about the incident involving [B]David Sammartino.[/B] I made the call of course, but it was the Jr. McMahon who decided to have [B]JYD[/B] supplant [B]Bruno[/B] in the Main Event. And in lieu of those same tragic circumstances, he also advocated the much criticized fanfare that preceded it. Speaking of criticism… - I’ve received bags of hate mail most of which are calling for my head. Those that aren’t asking for my carcass are asking for my job. From what I’ve surmised, I’ve clearly offended the vast majority of long time fans with the way I handled the [B]Sammartino[/B] situation. Especially considering the kid has suffered a serious neck injury. This coupled with the fact that his father helped build this company doesn’t bode well in my favor with our Tri-State fans. If only it were known publicly that my hands are indeed tied. I have no knowledge whatsoever as to why [B]Stan Hansen[/B] was on our show, or who hired him to be there. I have some ideas though, and they fall right in the middle of the [B]NWA[/B] as well as Vincent K. himself. I say again, my hands are tied. [B]- Stan Hansen![/B] This is a mystery that I intend to solve! If his presence is due to some sort of fall out from our [B]war with the South[/B] as has been hinted at, then he shall have to be dealt with. But, if he is here for another reason altogether?… One much more maniacal in nature?… Well let’s just say that my reputation is on the line if I don’t get to the bottom of this, and that’s something that I hold high. That having been said, expect security at all [B]WWF[/B] events to be on constant alert. Also, to further insure the safety of our fans as well as workers, there will be several uniformed law officers on hand as well. For now, as it concerns last weeks show, WWF has taken the position that the Stan Hansen incident didn’t happen. Any and all references to Stan Hansen per se, will be removed from the show and his name will no longer be used on our programming. [B]- [/B] WWF has decided to refer to rogue wrestler, [B]Stan Hansen,[/B] as [B]“The Outlaw”.[/B] [B]-[/B] WWF sends it’s sincerest and most heartfelt sympathies to the [B]Sammartino[/B] family in their time of tragedy. We wish [B]David Sammartino[/B] a speedy recovery, and nothing but the best for he and his family. [B]-[/B] WWF has released the following workers: [B]David Sammartino.*[/B] *The release of Sammartino comes hot on the heels of his tragic injury at the hands of “The Outlaw” on last weeks show. [B]-[/B] Both [B]Andre The Giant and Jake Roberts[/B] showed up very late to our last show. Protocol calls for suspensions for both workers however, with Andre being scheduled to appear on our next televised program, a suspension would only serve to hurt the company as well. Instead, Andre has been fined for his infraction. In all fairness, it would be in bad character to suspend Jake Roberts for the same infraction. He is being fined as well. [B]-[/B] Speaking of [B]Jake Roberts[/B], he is one of several new workers that have been won over to our side as a result of our war with the South. In fact, the following workers have given official notice that they will be leaving their respective companies and permanently defecting to the WWF: [B]1. Junkyard Dog- Leaving MSW 2. Don Jardine- Leaving GCW 3. Jake Roberts- Leaving GCW[/B] [B]-[/B] WWF has been in negotiations with two major superstars known the world over. We are remaining tight lipped as to their identities as these two wrestlers collectively could prove quite an addition to any promotions roster. They have a huge fan base as well as the ability to deliver in singles competition and in unison. The drawbacks? Believe me, there are many with these guys. The real question is, where to start? For one, they’re both old! This would definitely be a last run for the both of them. Secondly, one of them has some problems with the [B]McMahon’s[/B] and isn’t keen on cow towing if you know what I mean. In tertiary, their in ring styles can only be described as, dangerous! Very dangerous! There’s not much to be said about their ability to actually wrestle. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if several of my own Superstars end up getting hurt due to an encounter with either of these two potential employees. So why am I offering them contracts then?… Well, lets just say my reasons are my own. I’ll leave it at that. [B]-[/B] [B]"The Superstar" Billy Graham[/B] has certainly been keeping himself busy since last weeks program. According to an interview in the latest edition of Pro-wrestling Illustrated, Graham goes on and record states that he and longtime friend, [B]Hulk Hogan,[/B] have come to the end of the road as far as he’s concerned. Graham has been quoted as calling Hogan a [COLOR="Red"]“Clone”, [/COLOR]while Hogan’s only comments to date have been, [COLOR="red"]“out with the old, in the with the new”![/COLOR] This comes hot on the heels of the news that Hulk Hogan an [B]AWA Main-Eventer[/B], is in talks with [B]WWF[/B] about a possible appearance. Could a bit of a friendly rivalry have grown into full blown jealousy? Is The Superstar threatened at the notion of a Hulk Hogan in the WWF? Time will tell the tale. In further Billy graham news, The Superstar has been campaigning all week to get either [B]JYD or Bob Backlund[/B] in the ring. Sources close to him site that he is tired of accepting losses due to questionable circumstances and wants to prove once and for all that neither man is able to beat him by clean pin fall. [B]- Bob Backlund[/B] is another story. The man has held onto the [B]WWF World Title[/B] for three straight years and as it now stands, is left without a clear cut contender to his title. This due to the fact that the Managers of the top ranked contenders have determined that the man who would face him, would be the first to best him in any sort of non-title match. Neither [B]Snuka nor Graham[/B] have been able to do so as of yet. With My personal guarantee that Bob will be defending his title by the end of the month, one has to wonder, whom will Mr. Backlund be facing? Your guess is as good as mine. [B]- JYD[/B] certainly entered the WWF with a bang! Again, his appearance on the first show of the year was impromptu, but the fans loved it nonetheless. He may have been the only bright light on a very ugly show. This is great for me as I have a new and fresh face to throw at the crowd every once in awhile. A hot property that diverts attention from the nasty [B]Sammartino[/B] situation as well as sticks it right to the heart of the [B]Mid-South[/B] with his every appearance. [B]-[/B] So, [B]Vince McMahon[/B] is managing now? What’s more is that his first client is [B]Georgia’s[/B] own, [B]Paul Orndorff.[/B] Talk about a power play! Personally, I have to agree with [B]Capt. Lou Albano[/B] on this one. A hands on approach might not be the best way to go for Jr. God forbid he should wind up getting hurt. He’s only been a manager for little under a week and he’s already bitten off more than he can chew. What, with his seeming involvement in the Sammartino incident as well as his standing offer of a [B]WWF World Tag Team Title shot,[/B] should he find a team. Vince’s new career can either be made or broken this Saturday night on [B]RAW![/B] As for his [B]Tag Team[/B], it’s still as a mystery as to which team it will be. I can say that as head booker, I’ve been given the go ahead to book the match so whether or not Vince has a team is now a moot point as the match is set in stone! [B]-[/B] [B]The Bushwhackers and The Poffo Brothers[/B] have had some matches on the under cards and have managed to impress the hell out my booking team. Look for theses two tag teams to make an onscreen appearance at some point in the near future. [B]The North-South Connection[/B] is another underused tag team expected to make big waves in their first onscreen appearances. This team hasn’t been used on one of our programs since their [B]World Tag Team Title match [/B]last week at [B]IYN.[/B] I happen to be very high on this team so expect to see a lot more of them! [B]- The Strongbow’s[/B] having suffered a controversial defeat at the hands Of [B]The United Forces,[/B] will be defending their [B]WWF Tag Team Titles at the Week 3 airing of [FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT][/B] As for [B]The United Forces…[/B] [B]-[/B] [B]Freddie Blassie[/B] has informed me that he has no idea what [B]The Iron Sheik[/B] was going on about on [B][FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT][/B] He’s made it clear that he has no idea what a [B]“Jihad”[/B] is and that he has nothing to do with it. His main concern it appears, is his clients total disregard for the script as well his own inability to completely control said clients. I’ll be keeping a close eye on this situation as it develops as I certainly can’t have any political activists/extremist spreading fundamentalists messages in my company. [B]- WWF[/B] has a packed roster at the moment and will be looking to release several workers over the next few weeks. There are also many new faces in our company so be on the look out for some fresh new debuts as we progress into the new year. [B]-[/B] So then, there’s plenty of information for one sitting and much, much more to cover. At any rate, WWF Championship Wrestling [B][FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT][/B] Is up next… Stay tuned![/FONT][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live this Saturday night from the Alumni Arena in Buffalo, NY. Broadcast via TV Cable East on Sunday at 7 PM EST... Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents... [/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling... [FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT] [/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=3] Double Main-Event[/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]WWF World Tag Team Title Match:[/COLOR][/U] ??? & ??? w/Vince McMahon v. ©The Savage Samoans w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER][QUOTE][CENTER][B]Junkyard Dog v. "The Superstar" Billy Graham w/ The Grand Wizard[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]-PLUS-[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The North-South Connection v. The Soul Patrol[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B] The Iron Sheik w/Classy Freddie Blassie v. Chief Jay Strongbow[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B]Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee v. Ivan "Polish Power" Putski & Tito Santana[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][CENTER]Buddy Wolfe v. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff [/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE][SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]-ALSO-[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE][QUOTE][CENTER][B] [COLOR="Blue"][U]The Brain Game!:[/U][/COLOR] Bobby "The Brain" Heenan plays his game with "The Eighth Wonder of The World", Andre The Giant.[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B] After the tragic events that took place on last weeks program, Bruno Sammartino says he has a message to deliver to "The Outlaw" as well as WWF as a whole. Find out what Bruno has to say as well as much more this coming Saturday on [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling[/FONT] [FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT] ... Stay tuned![/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]Predictions, critiques, comments, card ratings encouraged!

I have just read the reports, they are fantastic. They keep the kayfabe energy of the era so alive and keen spirited. I don't know if it was a deliberate piece of black humour, but I loved the part where "we send our best wishes to the Sammartino family", next piece of news "WWF has released David Sammartino"... :D He was like David Flair, never able to live down who his old man was, and quite frankly, got further than he should have because of it.

WWF World Tag Team Title Match: ??? & ??? w/Vince McMahon v. [B]©The Savage Samoans w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B]=My prediction is that Vince has a hard time finding a team and has to settle for a lower tag team. Quote: [B]Junkyard Dog[/B] v. "The Superstar" Billy Graham w/ The Grand Wizard=JYD picks up the win over the Superstar and the south continues to make that push. -PLUS- Quote: [B]The North-South Connection[/B] v. The Soul Patrol Quote: [B]The Iron Sheik w/Classy Freddie Blassie[/B] v. Chief Jay Strongbow Quote: Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee v. [B]Ivan "Polish Power" Putski & Tito Santana[/B] Quote: Buddy Wolfe v. [B]"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff[/B]

Tristram, I'd thought about leaving the sammartino release info out until next week but couldn't resist the urge to go for humour. I don't attempt it often:rolleyes: so it's cool you caught it. Further still that you enjoyed it. Thanks! Of course, Sammartino's release serves several purposes. I mean, we're talking about [B]A[/B] McMahon here. Scott, twice now you've made a prediction/comment that has made me re-think my booking. The first case was The Orndorff match in week one which [B]SHOULD[/B] have been a no contest, but had already been booked as a DQ. In retrospect, a no contest makes much more sense. The second case is in your predictions for this week, but I have to remain tight lipped on that for obvious reasons. The thing is, I book and run my shows before I post the card for predictions so that the outcomes are already set in stone. My point, I value your input as there are clearly several instances where I probably should have booked outcomes differently. Of course, I always have some tricks up my sleeve. You may indeed be surprised by the end of the month! At any rate, thanks to everyone for all the comments/predictions etc...The show will be up soon.

Raw #2 [B][SIZE="1"]Saturday, week 2, January 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live from the Alumni Arena in Buffalo, NY. Broadcast via TV Cable East on Sunday at 7 PM EST... Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents... [/B][/COLOR] [QUOTE][B][SIZE="6"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling... [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="7"]RAW![/SIZE][/FONT] [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]The show opens backstage where we find [B]WWF correspondent Gene Okerlund[/B] on hand with[B] Paul “Mr. Wonderful” Orndorff.[/B] Okerlund cuts right to the chase as he questions Orndorff about events taking place last week concerning [B]“The Outlaw“.[/B] Orndorff has no comment as it appears he has been given a gag order. Okerlund then questions him as to his manager, [B]Vince McMahon’s,[/B] whereabouts. Mr. Wonderful explains that Vince is with his new [B]Tag Team[/B] in preparation for tonight’s [B]Title match against The Savage Samoans.[/B] Mean Gene attempts to get some clue as to who the Tag Team may be, but it is to no avail as Orndorff is not forthcoming. Finally, Gene asks Paul about his upcoming match against Buddy Wolfe, and if he has anything at all that he’d like to leave with the fans. [B]Paul:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]First of all, I want to thank the great fans of the [B]WWF[/B] for allowing me the opportunity to perform in front of them once again. I have never been in an environment as intense as this and I hope to live up to the standards set by some of the great wrestlers who have come here before me.[/COLOR] [B]Gene:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Well, Mr. Wonderful, thanks for your time and we certainly wish you luck in your upcoming match.[/COLOR] [B]Paul:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Thanks Gene, but I’ve got just one more thing to say… [B]Dave![/B] Get better man! Get better! That win last week? I can’t take it that way. I can’t do it! I’m saying prayers for you man. I wanna see you get through this so that you can get back in that ring and we can do it again, the right way! As for [B]The Outlaw!?…[/B][/COLOR] A pronounced crease crosses Mr. Wonderful’s brow as he grits his teeth before abruptly walking away.[B]= C-[/B] [B]Match 1[/B] [QUOTE][B][U]"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff v. Buddy Wolfe:[/U][/B] The show opened on a brighter note than the previous week as evidenced by this match. Buddy Wolfe might be the best jobber in the company. This coupled with the fact that he and Orndorff have pretty decent chemistry served to make for a great opener. The match was well paced, and the fans were very much into it. Orndorff and Wolfe fought a classic back and forth affair that culminated with Mr. Wonderful putting Wolfe down with a [B]“Running Forearm Clothesline”.[/B] [B][U]Paul Orndorff p. Buddy Wolfe= C+[/U][/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 2[/B] [QUOTE][B][U]Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee v. Ivan "Polish Power" Putski & Tito Santana:[/U][/B] This match started out slowly with Both Fuji and Chung Lee playing the Isolation game at Tito Santana's expense. A high point in the match was a back and forth exchange of offensive maneuvers between Santana and Fuji that culminated with Santana getting the tag to Putski. However, and in usual fashion, the ref doesn't see it, leaving Santana victim to a double attack while the ref is preoccupied with a frustrated Ivan Putski. Eventually, Tito is able to get a legitimate “hot tag” that results in a fired up, Putski, coming in and cleaning house. The match ends when Fuji, after unsuccessfully attempting to turn the tide against Putski, is forced to tag Lee in. Lee is hit with a devastating [B]“Polish Hammer”[/B] immediately upon entering the ring. Ivan has Lee’s leg hooked before Fuji has time enough to react and seconds later, [B]Dick Woehrle[/B] is completing a three count. Putski and Santana celebrate their win as an agitated Mr. Fuji, heads to the back leaving Tiger Chung Lee alone at ringside. [B][U]Ivan "Polish Power" Putski & Tito Santana b. Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee= C+[/U][/B][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]Bruno![/COLOR][/B] The following is a live feed aired via satellite from the home of [B]Bruno Sammartino.[/B] [B]Bruno:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I don’t know what the hell happened out there last week. I have no idea what the hell it was about! My son… My boy is laying in a hospital right now with a near [B]BROKEN NECK!…[/B] This… This I know! I know that what happened out there wasn’t [B]WRESTLING![/B] It wasn’t even a stretch! Someone allowed my boy to get caught up in a hatchett job and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it. Bet on that! Now, [B]OUTLAW[/B], you an I got history. Wasn't too long ago I was laid up in the hospital with the same condition. Breaking my neck was one thing but touching my son... My flesh and blood! yeah, I hold you responsible Outlaw, but not you alone. I'm holding some other people responsible too. You hear me [B]WWF?[/B] I'm holding you responsible and [B]I WANT ANSWERS![/B] Next week, I'll be coming to get them. I'll be coming! Eight years I carried this company... This business on my back. I'll be damned if I let the business [B]I BUILT[/B] take one of mine out. I'll destroy it first! You hear me [B]Outlaw?[/B] [B]WWF?[/B] [B]I'll DESTROY IT FIRST![/B][/COLOR][B]= A*[/B] [B]Match 3[/B] [QUOTE][B][U]The Iron Sheik w/Classy Freddie Blassie v. Chief Jay Strongbow:[/U][/B] Blassie and The Iron Sheik take to the ring first. The Iron Sheik enters the ring and begins waving his flag to and fro while ranting in an Iranian tongue. Blassie remains on the outside, an irritated expression on his face. Chief Jay is out next and wastes little time with formalities, opting to take things right to The Iron Sheik. From the onset, and before the bell, Strongbow fell upon The Sheik with a series of chops and open fisted blows that sent The Sheik careening into the corner turnbuckle. From there, Jay went right up on the second turnbuckle and began executing a series of punches to the top of The Sheiks head. He gets to five when the fans begin counting along with him. [B]6!… 7!… 8![/B] At this point, Strongbow is overcome by motivation from the fans and completely loses it. What follows is a frantic series of blows that leaves The Iron Sheik all but buried into the canvas. All at once, Blassie leaps up onto the apron and begins arguing with the ref about his lack of control over Strongbow. Meanwhile, Strongbow has gotten a (still) fully robed Sheik to his feet and Irish whips him towards the ropes. However, The Sheik is able to halt his own momentum and reverse the Irish whip into an arm twist followed by a wrench. The Sheik finishes up with a hooked boot shot to Jay’s mid-section after nearly yanking his arm out of the socket. While the official is still distracted by Blassie, The Sheik removes his robes and wrapping them around Jay's neck, begins a series of modified snap mares. It is at this moment in the match when...[/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]A Uniting Of Forces[/COLOR][/B] ... A very small man garbed like a Sheik and wielding a chair, comes running out to the ring. Once there, he levels [B]Classy Freddie Blassie[/B] in the back with the chair thereby knocking him from the apron. The next shot instantly busts Blassie open leaving him laying in a heap.[B]= A[/B] [QUOTE] Meanwhile inside of the ring, The Iron Sheik notices what has taken place and makes his way to the outside to confront this [B]new Sheik.[/B] The two Sheik’s have words with each other in their native tongues with the smaller Sheik seemingly admonishing the other. Finally, The Iron Sheik nods his head (as if in acceptance), before turning and spitting on a felled Freddie Blassie. By this time (and unbeknownst to either of the Sheiks), Dick Woehrle has reached a ten count and is calling the match in favor of Chief Jay Strongbow. [B][U]Chief Jay Strongbow b. The Iron Sheik via CO= B+[/U][/B][/QUOTE][B]The Iron Sheik[/B] becomes Irate upon hearing the decision and snatching the chair from his new ally, begins beating it against the ropes in a fit of rage. Next, he rolls to the inside with chair in hand in an attempt to take his frustrations out on [B]Chief Jay Strongbow.[/B] Strongbow however, wisely bails from the ring leaving The Sheik standing there looking on. [B]The Iron Sheik:[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]STRONGBOW![/B] You think you beat me?! You think you've beaten [B]The Iron Sheik?![/B] I told you Jay, this is bigger than you![/COLOR] At this time, the [B]smaller Sheik [/B]having taken his place alongside The Iron Sheik, begins to speak: [B]New Sheik:[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]Chief Jay!....[/B] No more tit and tat. Next week, I, [B]Abdullah Farouk[/B] will lead a [B]United Force[/B] against you and yours for your [B]WWF Tag Team Titles.[/B] Furthermore, when all is said and done, you will lay in defeat! My brother said it last week and I say it now, this is [B]BIGGER [/B]than you. This is about [B]Jihad![/B] About Americans... About [B]THE[/B] [B]"All American"![/B][/COLOR] [B]The Iron Sheik:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Last week I called for Jihad... Last week I called [B]HIS[/B] name. Next week I win [B]Tag Team Titles[/B] but that won't be all...[/COLOR] [B]Sheik Abdullah Farouk:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Not by longshot! The [B]WORLD[/B] will see next week. Next week, [B]HE,[/B] will know Jihad![/COLOR][B]= A [/B] [COLOR="Blue"][B]The Brain Game[/B][/COLOR] The camera pans the arena and rests on a mock talk show setup where we find [B]Bobby “The Brain” Heenan[/B] joined by guest, [B]Andre The Giant.[/B] [B]The Brain:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Ok [B]HUMANOIDS…[/B] This may be hard for you to understand so I am going to speak slow. Today, I’m going to deliver a new brand of entertainment. My kind! Believe you me, it’s going to be [B]BIG![/B] Bigger even than your little brains can comprehend because today, I’m going to play [B]“The Brain Game”[/B] with [B]The Eighth Wonder of the World, Andre The Giant.[/B] You ready Andre?[/COLOR] [B]Andre The Giant:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Yeah, I'm ready [B]Bobby.[/B] Let’s get this over with.[/COLOR] [B]The Brain:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Here’s how it works and trust me, it’s simple enough for even the likes of you to understand. What’s going to happen is, I’m going to ask you three questions. Any three questions of my choosing... All you have to do is answer the question to the best of your ability.[/COLOR] [B]Andre:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Sounds easy enough. Ok, go for it Bobby![/COLOR] [B]The Brain:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Alright, first question: Throughout the course of your much ballyhooed career, can you explain the variety and types of matches in which you’ve competed in and won?[/COLOR] [B]Andre:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Well, that's easy. Let’s see, I’ve competed in handicap matches, Battle Royals, singles matches, and even some matches against animals. Oh, there’s the time I fought that Boxer and that Karate fella too.[/COLOR] [B]The Brain:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Interesting. And of all of these exhibitions[B]-A-HEM-[/B]matches, how many of them have you lost?[/COLOR] [B]Andre:[/B] [COLOR="red"]That’s a silly question Bobby, you already know that answer. Everybody knows that! I haven’t lost since… Well… Well I haven’t lost any of them at all![/COLOR] [B]The Brain:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Hmmm! Well then, a final question. Brace yourself big guy as this one might be a tad more difficult. Here goes: Off hand, can you tell me how many times you’ve fought for or held a [B]World Heavyweight Title?[/B][/COLOR] [B]Andre:[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]… … …[/COLOR][/B] [B]The Brain:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Figured you might wanna take some time with this one. I mean, it’s a real brain teas-[/COLOR] [B]- Andre[/B] abruptly stands to his feet knocking his chair over in the process. Bobby is taken by surprise and falls backwards and out of his chair as a result. [B]The Brain:[/B] [COLOR="red"][B]WHOAH! ANDRE, WAI-[/B][/COLOR] Andre ignores Heenan altogether and in a fit of rage, snatches Heenan’s desk in a fell swoop and throws it through the set before storming off.[B]= B+[/B] [B]Match 4[/B] [QUOTE][B][U]The North-South Connection v. The Soul Patrol:[/U][/B] So [B]WWF[/B] doesn’t have a legitimate [B]Tag Division,[/B] huh? Well, based off of this match, I beg to differ. These two teams showed tonight that with the right amount of effort, they could easily main event the division. To be honest, The Soul Patrol were outclassed in this match as the experience and overall tenacity of The NSC took precedence over the power advantage enjoyed by the Patrol. This was a show stealer to be sure that saw the fans completely engrossed with the storytelling involved in this match. The contest played out in a one sided manner with The NSC dominating a younger and lesser experienced Tony Atlas. When Atlas was finally able to make a tag, Johnson found himself dominated in turn. It was clear at about the eight minute mark that The Soul Patrol were going to be on the receiving end of a loss when all was said and done. However, an appearance by [B]Intercontinental Champion, Don Muraco[/B] at the entranceway served to motivate The Soul Patrol enough to turn the tide, thus allowing Tony Atlas to score a quick school boy pin on Adrian Adonis. [B][U]The Soul Patrol b. The North-South Connection= A[/U][/B][/QUOTE] After the match, [B]Don Muraco[/B] watches on intently from the stage as [B]The Soul Patrol[/B] have their arms raised in victory.[B]= A[/B][QUOTE][B][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="5"][CENTER]DOUBLE MAIN-EVENT[/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]We’re Not Gonna Take It… NO! We Aint Gonna Take It![/COLOR][/B] [B]“The Superstar” Billy Graham[/B] is in the ring and appears to be in a mood. [B]Graham:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Play the damn video![/COLOR] [QUOTE][QUOTE]A video feed plays recapping last weeks [B]Main Event match. [/B] The first images are of a seemingly unconscious [B]Bob Backlund,[/B] in the grips of a [B]Bear Hug[/B] as executed by [B]Billy Graham.= B+[/B][/QUOTE][QUOTE]What follows is a feed of [B]Junkyard Dog[/B] pinning [B]Graham[/B] to the mat for the three count. However, the camera zooms in and focuses on Billy Graham’s hand clutching the rope as the ref makes the final count[B].= B+[/B][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]Billy Graham cuts across his neck in frustration and the feed ends. [B]Graham:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]No speeches. No grand talk of my greatness. Just the facts. The facts are, I never lost the [B]WWF World Title to Bob Backlund.[/B] Not when my feet were on the ropes. The facts as evidenced by the video that just played show that “The Superstar”, is capable of beating Backlund on any given day. The facts also show that I should not have been pinned by [B]JYD[/B] last week, but once again, I am forced to suffer an injustice due to the incompetence of a [B]WWF[/B] official. The Facts… The facts have me blue in the face with an overabundance of this political [B]CRAP! I’M WHAT THE MEN PRAY TO BE, AND THE LADIES PAY TO SEE,[/B] and I aint gonna [B]TAKE IT ANYMORE! JYD,[/B] you wanna make your grand entrances and have your fanfare? Well then, cue your music pal, cuz you and I got a double date with destiny and I’m the one who’s gonna be taking her home![/COLOR] Graham begins pacing about the ring while he awaits JYD. The crowd becomes uproarious when from out of the entranceway emerges none other than, [B]WWF World Champion, Bob Backlund.[/B] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B] [COLOR="red"]You know Bill, I was in the back listening to your tirade an I gotta tell you, it’s getting old! I mean, we’ve heard it all before. Now, I know you were expecting my pal [B]JYD,[/B] but he couldn’t be here tonight on the count of having prior obligations to fulfill. However, since you’re out here talking so much, and since you seem to think that you can beat me in that ring; How about a chance for you to put up or finally shut up!? How about I come down there and we get it on right here, right [B]NOW!?[/B][/COLOR] Backlund moves towards the ring at pace while Graham prepares to meet him. Backlund enters the ring and the two men begin circling each other before attempting to lock up when… [B]Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka[/B] comes flying down the aisle and slides into the ring. Seeing this, Bob Backlund quickly heads to the outside in order to avoid a double team. Billy Graham grabs Snuka by the arm and begins to give him the third degree. Snuka responds with some harsh words of his own before making it clear that Backlund is his. Graham doesn’t take kindly to the proclamation and the two partners find themselves standing nose to nose with Backlund looking on. At this point, [B]Captain Lou Albano[/B] runs out and throwing himself between the two, is able to intervene. After some admonishment from Albano, the two are able to put aside their dispute and reach a state of accordance. Albano then directs his attention towards Backlund: [B]Capt. Lou:[/B] [COLOR="red"]I know what you’re trying to accomplish and it aint gonna work. There’ll be no divide and conquer taking place here tonight that’s for sure! You’re gonna be facing one of these two men for that [B]World Title[/B] whether you like it or not! As for tonight, this is over![/COLOR] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You’re right Lou, this is over. You guys bore me! But I’ll tell you what, how’s about your so called [B]Super Team[/B] meeting me and my partner out here next week for an [B]OFFICIAL[/B] re-match? That way, we can conquer the both of your flunkies at the same time![/COLOR] [B]The Super Team[/B] becomes angered and makes for Backlund, but are stayed by Albano. [B]Jimmy Snuka:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You Got it Bruddah![/COLOR] [B]Graham:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Yeah, no more games. No more politics. You be there next week Backlund, and make sure you’ve got your [B]DAMN DOG[/B] with you![B][/COLOR]= B+[/B] [B]Match 5: [COLOR="Blue"]WWF World Tag Team Title Match[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B][U]??? & ??? w/Vince McMahon v. ©The Savage Samoans w/Capt. Lou Albano:[/U][/B] Lou Albano and his Savage Samoans take to the ring first which is not usually the case for defending [B]Champions.[/B] Vince arrives at the entrance soon thereafter and is all smiles. It’s clear he is having a hard time containing his excitement as he is joined by his new Tag Team, Ray Stevens and Pat Patterson. Albano throws a tantrum upon seeing them before sending his Samoans to meet them in the aisle way. Once there, a four man brawl ensues that makes it’s way back towards the ring. Ray and Pat are able to get their respective opponents to the inside and the ref signals for the bell, thus starting the match. The thing is, the ref may have jumped the gun as control was never established in this contest. All four competitors remained in the ring in a heated melee that seemingly had no end in sight. Where the ferocity of the Samoans shone to the fore, Patterson and Stevens were able to combat it with their own wile and experience, and vice versa. All the while, poor Dick Woehrle struggled to get a handle on this affair. A respite for him would come when in unison, Patterson and Stevens manage to clear the ring of the Samoans by launching them over the top of the ropes. Albano is making his way to assist his clients when something visible from the corner of his eye catches his attention, thereby halting his progress. All at once, Albano’s demeanor changes and he frantically begins waving for his team. Afa and Sika recover quickly and instead of re-entering the ring, make their way towards The Captain. A very concerned, Lou Albano, ushers his team down the aisle and towards the back while Patterson and Stevens stand looking on in confusion. Vince McMahon immediately joins his team in the ring and is about to address Albano when he is interrupted by the resounding of the bell as the match is called due to a count out. [B][U]Ray Stevens and Pat Patterson b. The Savage Samoans via CO= A[/U][/B][/QUOTE][B][COLOR="Blue"]Cut The Feed![/COLOR][/B] In spite of the technical win, [B]Vince[/B] still chooses to address his managerial rival when he is once again interrupted by the ringing of a bell... A Cow Bell! Both Vince and [B]Ray Stevens[/B] turn to find [B]Pat Patterson[/B] laid out on the canvas with back of his head busted open. Before either of them can react... [B]WHAM![/B] Stevens goes down hard as [B]"The Outlaw"[/B] comes into view wielding his rope and cowbell. Winding up again, The Outlaw launches the bell at McMahon who has the wherewithal to make it out of the ring in time to escape the assault. The Outlaw laughs outright at McMahons flight before addressing him directly: [B]The Outlaw:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Figured you'd either pony up or rabbit. 'pears I was right. Don't matter none cuz there's a line a people I'm aimin to get at 'fore it comes down ta me an you boy! 'sides, I got me a messsage o' my own for Bruno Sammartino an I aint inna way havin' no pampered pansies with silver spoons up their tales holdin me back, ya hear?... Bruno! You're [B]DAMN RIGHT![/B] I put my hands on you, an I put my hands on yours. I'm the hand what rocks your cradle aint I!? [B]AINT I!?!...[/B] But ya know, 'pears we've got sumthin' in common, dont we? I mean, you're threatenin' ta destroy the company you claim to have built and well... Look around!...[/COLOR] The camera pans out to to illustrate the prone and unconscious forms of Pat Patterson and Ray Stevens. [B]The Outlaw:[/B] [COLOR="red"][B]Heh-ha-ha-HAAAA![/B] Look around![/COLOR] A swarm of security guards have begun to flood the arena and are making their way towards the ring. The Outlaw smiles wryly while backing towards the ropes as the feed is abruptly cut and [B][FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT][/B] goes off of the air.[B]= A[/B] [SIZE=3][B]OVERALL RATING:= B+[/B][/SIZE] [B]Announcer:[/B] Gorilla Monsoon [B]Play by play:[/B] Lord Alfred Hayes [B]Color Commentator:[/B] Jesse "The Body" Ventura [B]Attendance:[/B] 6,431 [B]TV Rating:[/B] 72,752 Viewers on TV Cable East [B]Notes:[/B] So I was all about furthering storylines with this show. I don't know how well that was translated onscreen, but I'm pleased at the least. The end of the month will tell the tale. I can say, I was disappointed by the lack of singles matches in comparison to tag matches, but again, storyline dictates here. Ah well, I'll see where next week takes me. [QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next Week:[/SIZE] The Super Team have agreed to face WWF World Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund and Partner JYD in a rematch of their exciting week one Main Event. Plus... WWF Tag Team Champions The Strongbows put the gold on the line against The United Forces. Also, The Jihad continues! ... Stay tuned![/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live this Thursday night from the John J. Lee Amphitheater, New Haven, CT. Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents ...[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]In Your Neighborhood [/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [U][B][SIZE=3]Main-Event[/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B] “Animal” Steele v. “Superstar” Billy Graham w/The Grand Wizard[/B][/QUOTE] [B][SIZE="3"]PLUS[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE][CENTER][B] [U][COLOR="Blue"]Six Man Tag Team Match:[/COLOR][/U] Ivan Putski/Tito Santana & Pedro Morales v. Don Muraco & The Savage Samoans w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][CENTER][QUOTE][B]Tony Garea v. Sheik Nikolai w/The Iron Sheik[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Iron Mike Sharpe & Barry Horrowtiz v. “Genius” Lanny & “Savage” Randy Poffo[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Iyn #3 [B][SIZE=1]Thursday, week 3, January 1983[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live from the John J. Lee Amphitheater, New Haven, CT. Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents ...[/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]In Your Neighborhood [/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [B]Match 1[/B] [QUOTE][B]“Genius” Lanny & “Savage” Randy Poffo[/B] b. Iron Mike Sharp & Barry Horrowitz after a [B]Flying Elbow Drop[/B] from Randy Poffo.[B]= C[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 2[/B] [QUOTE][B]Sheik Nikolai w/The Iron Sheik[/B] b. Tony Garea via DQ when [B]The Strongbow‘s[/B] interfere.= [B]B-[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 3:[/B] [QUOTE][B]Ivan Putski, Tito Santana & Pedro Morales[/B] b. Don Muraco & The Savage Samoans w/Lou Albano via pinfall when Muraco is distracted by an appearance from [B]The Soul Patrol[/B] long enough for [B]Pedro[/B] to score the win.= [B]B+[/B][/QUOTE][B]Match 4: [COLOR="blue"]Main Event[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE][B]"Superstar" Billy Graham w/The Grand Wizard[/B] p. “Animal” Steele after Steele is attacked by [B]”Bulldog“ Dick Brower.[/B]= [B]B[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Overall:[/B] [B]B[/B] [B]Attendance[/B]: 1,551(\/) [B]Notes:[/B] I know I said I wasn’t bringing IYN back to New England, but the opportunity to increase my companies POP is proving irresistible in spite of the toll it takes on company funds. As such, I will indeed be bringing IYN to New England throughout the duration of the month. Also, and as of this show, I’ve decided to add two more monthly shows to the WWF schedule. Stay tuned for a WWF report further detailing the premise as well as circumstances surrounding these shows. [QUOTE][CENTER][B][SIZE=3]Next:[/SIZE] [FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling[/FONT] [FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT] The United Forces w/Abdullah Farouk take on The Strongbow’s for The WWF Tag Team Titles. Also, It’s The Super Team v. Bobby and his Dog as “Superstar” Billy Graham & Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka take on WWF World Champion, Bob Backlund and JYD in what could be the grudge match of the year!… Nuff said! ... Stay tuned folks![/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Excellent diary. Well done. As much as your storylines, character development and shows are all really good, they don't need to be because it is so well written. You could probably do lousy storylines and still make it sound amazing! It really suits the era you're writing about, showing respect to the old territory days (even though in game you're destroying the territories!) and somehow still managing to take the WWF into the future. Brilliantly well written diary!

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][B]Live this Saturday night from the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ. Broadcast via TV Cable East on Sunday at 7 PM EST... Capitol Wrestling Corporation and Titan Sports presents... [/B][/COLOR] [B][SIZE="7"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]WWF Championship Wrestling... [FONT="Impact"]RAW![/FONT] [/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [FONT="Courier New"][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"][CENTER]THE BOARDWALK BRAWL[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/FONT] [U][B][SIZE=3] Double Main-Event[/SIZE][/B][/U] [QUOTE][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]Grudge Match:[/COLOR][/U] The Super Team w/Capt. Lou Albano v. Junkyard Dog & Bob Backlund[/B][/QUOTE][QUOTE][B][U][COLOR="Blue"]Five Minutes of Fame Match for The WWF Intercontinental Title:[/COLOR][/U] Pedro Morales v. ©Don Muraco w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]-PLUS-[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE][QUOTE][CENTER][B]Ray “The Crippler“ Stevens w/Vince McMahon v. Afa w/Capt. Lou Albano[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][CENTER][B][COLOR="Blue"][U]WWF Tag Team Title Match:[/U][/COLOR] The United Forces w/Sheik Abdullah Farouk v. ©The Strongbow‘s[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]“The Genius & The Savage” Lanny & Randy Poffo v. Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B][CENTER]Jake Roberts v. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff w/Vince McMahon[/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]-ALSO-[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The Iron Sheik has given the order. The Sheik Abdullah Farouk has answered the call. The question is, who is calling the shots? Furthermore, who is this, "HE", Farouk and Iron Sheik are talking about? According to Adullah, we're all going to know by next week.[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Bruno has threatened to destroy the company if he doesn't get answers. With his son laid up in a hospital and "The Outlaw" on the loose, you better know he means it![/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE][QUOTE][B][CENTER] All of this and much more as WWF brings a CCTV quality Supershow to the Boardwalk this Saturday night ... Stay tuned![/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE] Predictions, critiques, comments, card ratings encouraged!

Archived