BBCF version 1.50

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be working on updating the demo and getting a full install up by the weekend. For now, anyone interested in the game can download the full install and then run the 1.50 update. As a FYI, the only thing changed is the bb2005.exe. So, as long as that shows 1.50 when you start, the update worked.

I will be working on updating the demo and getting a full install up by the weekend. For now, anyone interested in the game can download the full install and then run the 1.50 update. As a FYI, the only thing changed is the bb2005.exe. So, as long as that shows 1.50 when you start, the update worked.

[I]8. Added inseason recruiting options. You get an email every week with a game from three potential recruits that would like to visit. You can only choose one and if you win, the player’s interest may go up. If you lose, it may go down. Interest levels get updated every 4-5 weeks. Also, when a player visits, you automatically get the full color scale view for that player’s interest. That, combined with players that visit getting shaded yellow, will help you track who has visited. AI will handle this for you if you select AI to handle recruiting.[/I] I just saw this feature for the first time, and I think it's fantastic. I enjoy the recruiting aspect of all the college sports sims I've played, and this new feature makes it that much more realistic. I now have to decide if I'm going to bring one of the top 20 high school players in the nation to Happy Valley for a game against the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. How cool is that? Thanks for making a great game even better.

[I]8. Added inseason recruiting options. You get an email every week with a game from three potential recruits that would like to visit. You can only choose one and if you win, the player’s interest may go up. If you lose, it may go down. Interest levels get updated every 4-5 weeks. Also, when a player visits, you automatically get the full color scale view for that player’s interest. That, combined with players that visit getting shaded yellow, will help you track who has visited. AI will handle this for you if you select AI to handle recruiting.[/I] I just saw this feature for the first time, and I think it's fantastic. I enjoy the recruiting aspect of all the college sports sims I've played, and this new feature makes it that much more realistic. I now have to decide if I'm going to bring one of the top 20 high school players in the nation to Happy Valley for a game against the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame. How cool is that? Thanks for making a great game even better.

I'm on week 16 and none of my players ratings have changed at all? When should I expect to see in season player development with 1.5? I clicked on the "View player development" button, but everyone is comming up with - for all their stats, which I'm assuming means no improvement. Also, it seems the only in season recruiting option is responding to the requests to visit the school for a game? Is this the extent of in season recruiting with 1.5 or am I missing something? TIA

In-season recruit visits when simming I just simmed my first season in a new career using 1.5. I selected the first player to visit as I opened at home and then simmed the season. Looking at the emails after the season was finished, I noticed that the same 3 players wanted to visit every home game after the second one. What's up with that? Also, am I missing someplace that tells me who has visited?

[QUOTE=jayhawk80;159946]I just simmed my first season in a new career using 1.5. I selected the first player to visit as I opened at home and then simmed the season. Looking at the emails after the season was finished, I noticed that the same 3 players wanted to visit every home game after the second one. What's up with that? Also, am I missing someplace that tells me who has visited?[/QUOTE] I played through the season, and each week I extended a visit offer, the next time I would get the two players I didn't offer a visit to plus one new guy. I'm guessing since you simmed the season you didn't actually ever let anybody visit, so the same three guys just kept asking. That will also happen if you never actually hit the "take action" button for one of the visit request emails.

Jayhawk 80- You can see what recruits have visited by looking at the monitor recruits screen. Those players are highlighted in yellow indicating they have visited your program. Rockpsl76- I have seen NO improvement in my players thru week #16. For example...in week #1 of CAMP , a DT started off at 69/85...under player development (off/def skills tab) he showed the following improvements: HD+4 PRM+9 POA+8 TKL+5 COV-1 I assume that the above improvements were the results of the training program run at the end of the last season. However, thru WEEK #16 I have seen no player improvement either in C/P or skills of any kind. All the stats are as they were in week #1 of camp. Started this season with 1.47 and at about week 10/11 went to 1.5.

To view player improvement, go to roster screen and highlight the "view player development" tab toward the upper right hand side of the screen. Then, from the drop down box, select personal, off/def skills or ST skills and you should see + or - numbers indicating updated player development. I don't think these changes are reflected on the player card (I had a receiver who had a +24 in running...I looked at his player card and his running rating was 23). I asked Arlie about this Sunday but haven't heard back.

[QUOTE=markprior22;159998]To view player improvement, go to roster screen and highlight the "view player development" tab toward the upper right hand side of the screen. Then, from the drop down box, select personal, off/def skills or ST skills and you should see + or - numbers indicating updated player development. I don't think these changes are reflected on the player card (I had a receiver who had a +24 in running...I looked at his player card and his running rating was 23). I asked Arlie about this Sunday but haven't heard back.[/QUOTE] This is exactly what I do, but thru week #16 I am still getting all " - " for every single player in every single rating. Thus, they are not improving at all with 1.5. I started my league after applying the 1.5 patch, so there shouldn't be any issues. I'm surprised to see you've actually seen numbers listed there? How did you apply the patch? Before or after starting a new league? Are the values you are seeing just the results of the spring training run at the end of the year?

I get nothing when I click on "attributes" but in the other categories listed above I get all kinds of rating changes. This is a career I started sometime in the 1.4 range (I'm in 2012 now). I'll keep a closer eye on the development of my players and post again if I notice something but hopefully Arlie will chime in on this.

I'm not sure what to say on this. I just started a new career, advanced to the season and stopped in week 8. At that point, I had numerous +1 to +5 values on many of my younger players. Attributes rarely have inseason changes because the physical traits rarely change much during the season. Most of the changes involve the football skills grouping.

Archived