BBCF version 1.50

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it possible that I just wouldn't get any changes due to my coaches being bad? My OC is average for Developing OL, and I have a couple SO OL starters who are 1.0/2.0, so I expected to at least get a couple improvements with those guys over a 16 month period, but maybe not? I also have a redshirt FR OG with a 1.0/3.5 but I thought maybe redshirt guys didn't improve. I also have a JR TE starter who is 2.0/3.5 and a SO OLB starter who is 1.5/3.5; I kind of expected these two to have some sort of development despite me having bad coaches, but maybe not? The OC and DC are bad for development in all other areas (other then OL). I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some option I needed to check because having zero guys on the squad have any change at all in skills seemed suspicious to me... And it seems I'm not the only one to see this... I just purchased the game yesterday, downloaded the latest off viatech (1.1 I think), downloaded the 1.5 patch, installed icy's real patch (would be surprised if this broke development), and started a brand new league. It seems unlikely I did anything in the installation process that would mess up player development. I normally view my skills in the 1-20 range, but I've been setting the option to 100 to try and see if there has been any development (since nothing was showing in the 0-20 either). Do a midseason swap of the skill rating format shouldn't break development should it? My game crashed when I fired my ST coach, so I have to restart in week 8 again. That gave me a chance to see if I see the exact same behavior (0 change) through the second half of the season again. I forgot to look at the ratings in week 16 :(, but I'm pretty sure there was no development. Looking at the screen in the offseason I have all " - " still, although I don't know when this resets...

Guest Nukester
I just finished up a season that was started in 1.49 and finished with 1.50. I had totally forgotten about this new feature until I read the post about them. I went in to check them, and I had no movment at all in the Attributes except in weight, but the skills (I think, dont have the game in front of me) had alot of movement. Once the season ended, I believe I had a lot of attribute movement showing. The thing I dont like about it is that it appears that its on a 1-100 scale. I play 1-10 scale, so seeing a guy go up +28 in speed seems kind of weird. I just divide the number by 10 and round up or down and figure it that way (so the guy above would move +2 to +3 in speed). I have no idea if thats a correct ratio though. Doing that is doing math though, and the last thing I need to do to play a game is math ;) Actually, should I look at it as a 28/100 jump in speed, so if a guy has a 4 in speed the gain would be 4/28% = 1.12 = +1 gain.......?

Just my $0.02. I've been playing my new career. To be honest, I can't remember if I started with 1.49 or 1.50. I think 1.50. During the first season, I'm in week 9 and so far not seeing anything under player development. I'm checking the checkbox and going to Off/Def ratings. The first season might be an easier time to see if this is working. That's because the first season doesn't begin with a training camp. So there was no player development prior to the first season. And thus the only numbers you'd see in year 1 would be the in-season development. After year 1, at least in earlier versions of the game, you'd always see the changes from the previous training camp. That's where I'd expect to see some freshman I'd brought in get a +20 or something under a skill. I guess there was a lot of room for improvement. :) A couple of notes: I usually play with a 1-10 ratings scale. But the numbers I've seen under the player development checkbox appear to be on the 1-100 system. Thus a "+6" is really the same as a "+0.60" change to my 1-10 style ratings. Second, would there be a way of telling the in-season development from the pre-season numbers? I know you aren't working on this game much after the patch, but maybe its an idea for the pro game. Something like color coding or 'bolding' the numbers that change in season might be a nice aid here.

I tried simulating through seasons with BC and Notre Dame (better coaches), and I got the same results. No player development. I also checked all the other teams in the league and they showed no development, although I don't know if I'm supposed to be able to see development for other teams or not. I noticed everyone who was actually getting player development had upgraded mid season from 1.49. I'm wondering if there is something missing in the 1.5 upgrade that was in the 1.49 upgrade.

Ok. So I reinstalled version 1.11. Then I applied patch 1.47. Then I applied patch 1.49. Then I applied patch 1.50. Then I started a new League and played as SDSU (great dev coaches). After simming through the first 15 weeks of the season I still show " - " for EVERY rating under the Off/Def Skills view with the "View player development" box checked. Skill ratings were being viewed on a 0-100 scale. I have a sneaking suspicion that Arlie is the only one who actually has in-season development. I think everyone else reporting development is actually confussing off-season development with in-season development. Arlie, I think you must have forgot to switch some boolean or something in the release you built for download.

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=Rockpsl76;160272]Ok. So I reinstalled version 1.11. Then I applied patch 1.47. Then I applied patch 1.49. Then I applied patch 1.50. Then I started a new League and played as SDSU (great dev coaches). After simming through the first 15 weeks of the season I still show " - " for EVERY rating under the Off/Def Skills view with the "View player development" box checked. Skill ratings were being viewed on a 0-100 scale. I have a sneaking suspicion that Arlie is the only one who actually has in-season development. I think everyone else reporting development is actually confussing off-season development with in-season development. Arlie, I think you must have forgot to switch some boolean or something in the release you built for download.[/QUOTE] I dont know. This screenshot was taken during week 21 just after the championship game was simmed, but before pressing the "Advance Stage" to Job Offers. I would think this would still be considered "in-season". I dont have an earlier save though [IMG]http://home.mindspring.com/~nukester/army1.JPG[/IMG]

Here is a screen shot after playing through a full season. This is taken after the first year, so before any training camps are executed. As you can see there is NO development despite this team having a great Defensive Coordinator (Good/Good/Average for development skills). [IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l35/Rockpsl76/Image1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Guest Nukester
Yes, my picture was from the end of season 2. So I started a new league with 1.50. Simmed through weeks 7,8,12,15,and playoffs, checking along the way, and I did not get any movement in off/def skills. I simmed to halfway through recruiting and still didnt have any movement. Then my game crashed (That very very rarely happens, and I just think it was a memory thing where I should have saved and restarted the game after simming for a long time) But, no, I did not get any movement during that first season. I am using a modified pstats file, but Im not sure how that would effect it. The only other thing I changed from default was I changed the scale to 1-10 (although I changed to all of the different scales and did not get any movement numbers either) and took over Air Force, and changed all of the options over to CPU delegation.

I was using a Icy's mod originally, but when I tried reinstalling I did those runs with a totally unmodded system. So that screen shot above is without any mods being applied. It looks like what we are seeing is that player development is only working for Arlie, which would suggest maybe Arlie needs to rebuild the 1.5 patch...?

I think what people are saying is that the initial season is the best test because there is no training camp prior to that season to cause any development. Therefore, any changes occurring should be the sole result of inseason development. Changes aren't being seen in the first season leading people to believe that feature isn't working properly. After that, the changes appear to be training camp related and not true inseason development.

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=markprior22;160406]I think what people are saying is that the initial season is the best test because there is no training camp prior to that season to cause any development. Therefore, any changes occurring should be the sole result of inseason development. Changes aren't being seen in the first season leading people to believe that feature isn't working properly. After that, the changes appear to be training camp related and not true inseason development.[/QUOTE] Right. I created a new league and got no movement until after training (the last week on the checklist). In my real league, I was already at week 21 of my second season before I looked at the screen (forgot about the feature) and when I did look, there was movement (my earlier screenshot), but I have no idea if that was all from training or if there was movement during the season. It seems everyone is saying that it is all training movement.

It could certainly be a display issue. A couple more data points for your debugging info: 1) I took a screen shot at the begining of my season 2 and then simmed through the year. All rating increases were exactly the same at the end as in the beginning, indicating no player development (or update of viz) in years following the first as well. This is true for the Personal, Off/Def Skills, and ST Skills displays. 2) Even after restarting the application from a shutdown, no player development appears. This means if the viz isn't being updated even on a brand new start-up and load. 3) I noticed that even after 2 years I have all " - " in the Attributes window for development. Do attribute changes simply not get reported here, or are my guys actually not increasing attributes even in the offseason?

Guest Nukester
Heres another strange screenshot. This was taken after the recruiting stage of season 2. Im sitting at week 18 of the offseason ready to do training. I took a look at the development for attributes, since Arlie said they may not move much during the season. There is only one player on my entire roster thata shows any development at all in attributes. Im not sure why he would be the only one with numbers showing. [IMG]http://home.mindspring.com/~nukester/armymovement2.JPG[/IMG]

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=Rockpsl76;160779]Another thing I noticed... The computer is still suggesting -5 adaptability when I click the suggest all button? I thought this was fixed in the 1.5 patch? Or does it just prevent crashing now?[/QUOTE] I noticed the -5's still also

Guest Nukester
I know your not planning on doing much more for the game, but if you are going to make a few more changes, would it be difficult to make the head coach name editable ? For multiplayer leagues to have the head coach show a different name than yours kind of stinks. Absolutely cosmetic, but a must for multiplayer leagues. Ive been stuck with the name Tierre Tomich for 3 seasons now

I think I noticed some mistakes with the penalties. Isn't defensive holding only a 5 yd penalty? And when a facemask occurs, the penalty is assessed from the end of the play and the down is repeated. In other words if it is 1st and 10, and there is a 2 yd gain with a grasping the facemask penalty; the result would be 1st and 3, in the game it would read 2nd and 3.

Archived