Booker T: The Rise to Royalty

Friday came around very quickly, and Booker had a very tough choice to make. He recieved a call from each [b]Mike Graham[/b] from HCW, and [B]Jonathan Boyd[/B] from SWCW. Graham told Booker that it was the big event of the month at Sam Houston Coliseum, and they were going to put him in a one on one match with [b]The Snowman[/b]. Boyd informed Booker that he would be going one on one, in a hardcore match with [b]Tully Blanchard[/b]. Booker decided that he was going to stay faithful to his home promotion, HCW, and go ahead with the match with The Snowman. He then headed down to Sam Houston Coliseum, and went into the locker room to get ready, feeling good that he already knew that he had a match for this big HCW event. He heard the wrestlers talking backstage talking about [b]Ric Flair's[/b] title reign has continued as he beat [b]Greg Valentine[/b] yet again this week. He then got his black tights and boots on and headed out to the ring for his big match with the man that helped him win his only match so far in his career. [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Booker Huffman versus The Snowman [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Wrestling%20Spirit%202/BookerT.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Wrestling%20Spirit%202/TheSnowman.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [list] [*]Snowman gains the first advantage, locking in an arm wringer [*]Snowman locks in lots of headlock variations [*]Booker slips out of one, and kicks Snowman in the gut, which he just shrugged off, then went back on the offensive [*]Booker slips out of another headlock, then drops Snowman with a forearm to the back [*]Booker attempts a bodyslam, but Snowman slips out from behind and hits Booker with a clubbing blow to the back [*]Snowman then locks in an armbar [*]Booker hits a backbreaker, then lifts Snowman back up, then hits another backbreaker [*]Booker locks Snowman in a powerful bear squeeze [*]Snowman reverses a corner whip, then hits a ten punch in the corner on Booker [*]As Booker comes out of the corner, Snowman hits him with an atomic drop [*]Booker reverses a Snowman irish whip, hits him with a spinning side kick to the gut [*]Snowman regains the advantage, attempts a piledriver, which Booker breaks up [*]Booker lifts Snowman by the throat with two hands, then throws him across the ring [*]Snowman ducks a big kick to the head from Booker, then plants him with a piledriver, and attempts the pinfall [*]Booker kicks out of the pinfall just before the three count [*]Booker reverses an irish whip, drops Snowman with a shoulder tackle [*]Booker jumps up and drives both feet into a downed Snowman's chest [*]Snowman avoids a jumping side kick, then locks in the Big Bear Hug [*][B]After a long struggle, the ref calls for the bell as Booker cannot go on anymore[/B][/list] [b]Winner by Submission- The Snowman Match Rating- D Match Time- 12:10 Total Purse- $750[/b] [/QUOTE] Booker was disheartend after this match, but knew that Houston Wrestling had another event in just two days, and would hopefully get his oppertunity to show what he can do there. He was also eager to get a fresh start a SWCW. He stuck around for the rest of the HCW event, then got a call with the SWCW results later that night, this is what happened: [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]HCW: Sam Houston Coliseum Friday, June Week 4, 1983 Attendance: 991[/CENTER] The Masked Superstar def. Mil Mascaras for the Houston Heavyweight Title Boris Zhukov def. Hector Guerrero Gino Hernandez def. George Weingeroff to retain the Houston Television Title The Snowman def. Booker Huffman[/B] [/QUOTE] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Southwest Championship Wrestling Friday, June Week 4, 1983 Attendance: 944[/CENTER] Manny Fernandez and Scott Casey def. Blanchard and Brooks Bobby Jaggers def. Chavo Guerrero Sr. The Sheepherders def. The Grapplers to retain the Southwest Tag Titles Mr. Pogo def. Eric Embry[/B] [/QUOTE]

Booker took Saturday to recooperate from his tough match with The Snowman at the HCW event Friday night. He went over the tape of the match, trying to pick up on something that will make him more sucessful in the future. Sunday then came around and Booker was ready for the second Houston Wrestling event in three days. He arrived at the arena and headed into head booker Mike Graham's office, who then told him that he liked what he saw out of Booker and The Snowman Friday night, and has booked them in a two out of three falls match for tonight. Booker gets his black tights and boots ready and heads out to the ring, needing this match to better his reputation around the Mid South. [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Booker Huffman versus The Snowman Two out of Three Falls [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Wrestling%20Spirit%202/BookerT.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Wrestling%20Spirit%202/TheSnowman.jpg[/IMG][/B][/CENTER] [list] [*]The match starts off with a test of strength, which Booker gets the better of [*]Snowman gets back to his feet after being dropped, then Booker hits him with a backbreaker [*]Booker tries a running body smash, which Snowman counteracts with a kick to the gut [*]The Snowman hits Booker with a solid minute and a half of punches and headlocks [*]Snowman finally knocks Booker down with a solid headbutt [*]Snowman locks Booker in a bear squeeze [*]Snowman hits a massive flurry of stomps on a downed Booker [*]Snowman lifts Booker up and locks in a deadly Big Bear Hug [*]Booker escapes the hold after a lenghty struggle [*]Booker escapes from a Snowman Running Powerslam, and counters into a bodyslam of his own [*]Booker lifts Snowman into a bear hug of his own, but then drives Snowman's back into the corner [*]Booker climbs up on Snowman in the corner and begins a ten punch, but Snowman throws Booker off of him, to the mat [*]As Booker gets up, Snowman drops him with a deadly Knockout Punch, and makes the pin [*][b]The Snowman gets the three count, gaining the first fall[/b] [*]Snowman immediatly lifts Booker up, and spikes his head into the ground with a Piledriver, then makes the pin [*][b]The Snowman gets yet another pinfall, earning the overall victory[/b][/list] [B]Winner by Pinfall- The Snowman Match Rating- E Match Time- 7:20 Total Purse- $750[/B] [/QUOTE] Booker then headed to the back, very upset that in a series of three days, Snowman was able to get two victories over him. The guys in the back reassured Booker that he was still only 18, and had a bright future ahead of him, and shouldn't get down about losing a couple of matches at the begining of his career. He then stayed for the rest of the event, thinking about gaining a victory at SWCW this coming Friday. [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Houston Championship Wrestling Sunday, June Week 4, 1983 Attendance: 906[/CENTER] The Masked Superstar def. Steve Williams Gino Hernandez def. Hector Guerrero Team Fly def. Butch Reed and King Kong Bundy The Exiles def. Brady Boone and Art Crews The Snowman def. Booker Huffman[/B] [/QUOTE]

[color=white]Booker Huffman[/color] [QUOTE][B][CENTER]June 1983 Month in Review[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER][U][B]Houston Championship Wrestling[/B][/U] Overall Record: 1-4 Current Push: Opener[/CENTER] [B][U][CENTER]Southwest Championship Wrestling[/U][/B]Overall Record: 0-0 Current Push: Opener [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Wrestling%20Spirit%202/SMay83.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Wrestling%20Spirit%202/PMay83.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Booker didn't do much the first week of July, he watched some tapes, and celebrated the Fourth of July with his brother and some of their friends. It was going to be a busy finish to the week for Booker though, as he had events Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. The first event was a big event for SWCW, called SWCW Remembers the Alamo! Booker arrived at the arena midday on Thursday, and introduced himself to the SWCW locker room, and barely any of the members of the roster had barely heard of him, just the one's that work for HCW as well, and they even barely knew him. Booker headed to head booker Jonathan Boyd's office, where he welcomed Booker to SWCW and gave him a match in his first big SWCW event. He would go one on one with [b]Al Madril[/b]. Booker got his black tights and boots on and headed out to the ring to face this unfamiliar opponent. [QUOTE] [CENTER]Booker Huffman versus Al Madril [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Wrestling%20Spirit%202/BookerT.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/Wrestling%20Spirit%202/AlMadril.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [list] [*]Madril kicks the match off with a series of headlocks and punches [*]Booker takes control with an arm wringer, then a bodyslam [*]Booker levels Madril with a running body smash [*]Madril gets driven to the mat by a Booker giant suplex [*]Madril gets back to his feet, then is kicked back down to the mat [*]Booker hits Madril with a double stomp while Madril is down [*]Booker lifts Madril up by the throat, and throws him halfway across the ring [*]Booker gets the crowd going by taunting Madril, then hits him with a press slam [*]Madril counters a Booker bodyslam with a rake to the eyes [*]Booker quickly regains the advantage, and locks Madril in a cross knee backbreaker [*]Booker begins climbing the turnbuckles for the first time in his career (Turnbuckle climbing is illegal in HCW) [*]Madril knocks Booker off the turnbuckles, then spikes him with a DDT [*][B]Madril pins Booker, and gets the three count[/B] [/list] [B]Winner- Al Madril Match Rating- F Match Time- 8:30 Total Purse- $1000[/B] [/QUOTE] Booker then heads to the back after yet another loss, wondering what he is going to have to do to get a singles victory. The guys in the back tell him hard luck, and maybe he should think before he takes another big risk like he did in the ring tonight. Booker took that advice to heart, and stayed for the rest of the event. [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]SWCW Remembers the Alamo Thursday, July Week 1, 1983 Attendance: 994[/CENTER] Manny Fernandez def. Gino Hernandez to retain the Undisputed World Championship Mr. Piledriver and Mr. Pogo def. Blanchard and Brooks Al Madril def. Booker Huffman The Sheepherders def. The Grapples to retain the Southwest Tag Team Titles[/B] [/QUOTE]

OOC: I'm not going to be able to keep this one running due to a couple of things, mostly because I just updated my WS2 and wanted to start a new dynasty with the patch in effect, and my series of pretty bad luck in this one. So I'm either going to wait it out for the FORC to finish getting updated for this or if anybody has any ideas on someone for me to be in DOTT feel free to leave them here. I think my next one is going to be much better because this was just my first dynasty for WS2, and now I think I got the hang of how to run it alot more effectivally. Thanks for reading this one though and look for a new improved one in the coming days.

Archived