EWR memories

Game

One thing that stands out in my mind is a nice little fued I had going into a Pay-View-View; two of my guys were all set up to have a nice little match at the event and then the very show before the big event, one of them gets hurt, out of action for a few months. In the place of my scheduled match, I just threw together a three-way tag team TLC for the pay per view, figuring that if I couldn't give the fans the match I'd promised, I'd at least giving them something spectacular. The TLC match messed around and became my highest rated match, probably ever on EWR. I also had a few tragic run ins with "Magnetic Injuries"; you know, random injuries that just love to strike down those among us that carry Big Gold Belts. I had to strip like three consecutive champs of the belt, it was rough.

Edge, Christian, and Sylvain Grenier all getting injured and then marrying previously unknown daughters of Linda McMahon before they returned... Edge came back first, so I ran a Vince vs EdgeInLaw feud for a while, and was going to have all three form a stable called The In-Laws to feud with Vince, Shane, and Steph... ah, memories.

Mine is probably signing Raven, CM Punk, Trent Acid, and Johnny Kasmere, and making them a stable. Within about 2 months of in game time, Raven was 100 Over with a Unique gimmick, Punk was in the mid 90s or so, and Trent and Johnny were high 80s upper midcarders feuding with Rey Misterio and Eddie Guerrero for the tag belts. I even got a 99 rated RAW once. It was more Angles than matches, but Backseat Boyz v Rey/Eddie was 100, Punk/Jericho was 100, and Raven/Undertaker was 99!

I think mine was creating the US belt (sometime before the US belt was back, and possibly before the roster split though I'm not sure) and giving it to Lance Storm while he was still working the Un-American gimmick. He held it for over a year before I gave him the World title and had him vacate the belt. It was great! And my whole Jericho/Low Ki feud that followed after that. That was fun too. Oh, and burying Hulk Hogan, just because I could. It was a quick drop, it was part of many feuds that he lost all of, but it was still fun to do. Had him down to 50 overness eventually. That was good. Derek B

• 2 weeks later...
I remember beta-testing EWR and when Adam finished the Royal Rumble system. I ran a Rumble that Steve Austin ended up winning. Hulk Hogan was involved and eliminated a TON of workers. Who winds up eliminating Hogan? Yep, Stephanie McMahon!

• 2 weeks later...
memories?? so many First there was my ECW which did a good two years and Vader was one of my favorite ECW champions in my game defending it against top faces like The Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, Raven (who in my game was the first ECW Champion and had a kick ass feud with Rhyno) and he was set to lose the belt to Terry Funk in a barb wire rope match but Funk became a non-wrestler so then Dory Funk won the belt and 24 hours later he became a non-wrestler. Another memory that stands by me is on my ECW game John Cena was released on the 25th of December so i snapped him up and he became a ECW TV Champion and ECW World Champion. He also had a kick ass feud with Danny Doring and Sean O Haire. Another ECW memory was when Danny Doring turned heel after his tag team partner Roadkill suffered a knee injury and was out for 16 months and i started a feud between the two, Danny had Terri Runnels as his manager and thanks to her naughtiness with ECW Owner Paul Heyman he was given the vacant ECW TV title. ( It was vacant after ECW TV Champ Bam Bam Bigelow walked after i signed Hall and Nash for a one time apperance.) Some other favourite memories that stand was my wCw one and the highlight was the Bret Hart vs. Kurt Angle feud over the wCw World title and when i signed The Undertaker and feuded with Kurt Angle but just as Eric Angle was about to debut to help his brother out my game crashed. Also when AJ Styles debuted challenging Kurt Angle to a match, Kurt won and it got 100% all. My last EWR game WWE, i played that for approx 2-3 years, before it crashed. We were unbeatable, my highlights were The Rock as co-gm before he became unhappy and left but had one match at Bad Blood against Gene Snitsky whom i gave a psycho gimmick following his feud with Kane. Snistky would go on to feud with Shane McMahon after saving his dad from a snitsky beating and the feud would end on Survivor Series as on Unforgiven Snitsky beat Shane in a High Incident Match and then he was out with a injury, but when he returned Snitsky beat him again in a I Quit Match. Snistky also brutalised Eric Bischoff on his last Raw before his retirement. Ric Flair retired in the early part of my game but he had his last ppv match against Mick Foley at WrestleMania and his last Raw match the day after WrestleMania where he faced Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight title in a steel cage, then the next week his last Raw apperance was when he past the torch to Randy Orton. Terry Funk also made a brief return feuding with Randy Orton over the World Heavyweight title which ended with Orton beating Terry Funk in a barb wire rope match at SummerSlam. On the more Smackdown side: JBL lost the WWE title at WrestleMania against Big Show but on Smackdown the plan was for Big Show to retain his title against JBL but i messed up on it and somehow JBL was WWE Champion again ending Show's 4 day reign as WWE Champion. JBL defended his title in feuds against Big Show, The Undertaker and Booker T. JBL lost his title at Armageddon in a fatal four way featuring Eddie, Kurt Angle and The Undertaker to Eddie. JBL then regained his WWE title at The Great American Bash in a High Incident then on the following Smackdown Kurt Angle beat Eddie Guerrero in a triple threat match for the WWE title featuring JBL. Which i thought was genius as JBL lost his title without getting pinned or being forced to submit. I made the tag team scene intresting with RVD and Mysterio, The Dudley Boyz, Suzuki and Dupree, Basham Brothers, Backseat Boyz, Extreme Horsemen (Anderson and Diamond). Also Steve Cornio on his debut won the US title from John Cena and had a lengthy reign as US Champ until he lost it to Booker T, also on the same night Johnny Hennigan won the Cruiserweight title on his SD! debut against Spike Dudley but lost the belt two months later to Carilto Carribbean Cool. Also new cruiserweights like Michael Shane, Sonjay Dutt, Johnny Jeter were appearing. Team Angle member Mark Jinjrak was fired so Johnny Jeter who faced Kurt Angle on his debut match, and when The Basham Brothers were fired for being druggies The Backseat Boyz became the S.O.D and when Orlando Jordan became a druggie and was fired Johnny Hennigan became the Cheif of Staff. Also after spending over a year in OVW Eric Angle appeared on Smackdown and feuded with Kurt Angle after refusing his brother's offer to join Team Angle, this feud was another highlight which ended at Judgement Day as on WrestleMania Eric Angle beat Kurt by count out but by Judgement Day, Kurt won the feud and beat his brother. ---- More WWE memories ---- On the last Raw of December Shawn Michaels beat Christian in a ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental title, but on February the same night HBK lost the title to Edge, Bret Hart appeared on RAW as the new RAW General Manager-the following week HBK lost against Tyson Tomko, cut a interview where he blamed Bret Hart for his two losses and did an angle with HBK walking out the arena and out of RAW. On 3 Smackdown's hype videos for HBK was played, then did a angle where Smackdown GM Stephanie McMahon announced next week HBK would sign a Smackdown contract. And well next week he did and the following week on his Smackdown debut he beat Kurt Angle. Later on in about Late July HBK and Eric Angle teamed up and on the main event of that Smackdown the duo beat The Backseat Boyz for the WWE Tag Team titles. Another fave moment was when Sting made his debut in the Royal Rumble and it was last year Randy Orton won, and when it came down to Randy and Sting, Sting won the Royal Rumble. For a couple weeks video hypes were played for Sting for him to come to either Raw or Smackdown but Sting debuted and attacked Triple H and posed with the World Heavyweight title. (Triple H regained his title from Randy Orton at the Survivor Series) For some reason that i can't remember there was a fatal fourway for the World Heavyweight title at WrestleMania featuring Triple H, Sting, Randy Orton and Chris Benoit and thanks to Batista Triple H beat Randy Orton and regained his title. This also set up Randy Orton turning heel by turning on Sting in a tag team match and the feud lasted till Bad Blood where Sting beat Randy Orton. On the last Raw of July Chris Benoit announced his retirement so Triple H agreed to face Benoit on his final match for the World Heavyweight title and Chris Benoit won the his last ever match and won the World Heavweight title, so because Chris Benoit retired the belt was declared vacant, the plan for SummerSlam was to be a four man elimination match for the belt featuring Triple H, Sting, Randy Orton and Chris Jericho as these four men beat other wrestlers and the winner would be in the match...anyway the plan was for Triple H and Sting to be the final two men where Sting would beat Triple H and become the World Heavyweight Champion, 7 months after he won the Royal Rumble. Alas the day of Summerslam was when my game wouldn't load and kept crashing so it never happenend and it really was a shame as it could of kept going and who knows what else would of happened.

• 1 month later...

Archived