November 14th Update

Yeah very very nice little feature :) Every single day makes me think that i will actually buy it when it comes out...being around xmas helps too :) And hmm thats a good point...I would hope that if a show was say a D or below, then it would lose prestige..

[QUOTE=Skull;159840]and by that, do you mean that weekly events don't have a prestige value, or that they just don't rise in prestige quickly?[/QUOTE] If you put Wrestlemania (a PPV event) at a very high prestige, I doubt a weekly show will just all the sudden have more prestige. Remember, that the PPV is also a part of the brand/promotion, and so would also benefit from the weekly heat as well, making it even better (taking a guess really, from Adam's reply and your original question). You know how having a bad rating can cause you to drop dramatically, as opposed to good rated show's? Well, I would think it would be increasingly difficult without extreme repitition, to not have one or two bad shows ever few months. I ussually have my worse show's right after a PPV event, not on purpose, but this is when some of my storyline's end, and I start figuring out where to go to next, which sometimes is just trying different people in match's to see how they do. Alot of times this results in the result saying "I think this show actually hurt our popularity!" Just my thought on it, seem's right.

[QUOTE=vocalorigami;159787]i just want screenshots :) hope we see them soon![/QUOTE] I'm not really not excited by the prospect of screenshots, since it's not a particularly graphically intense game, it's joy is in the gameplay. In previous installments early screenshots has meant like peeks at new functions, whereas this year the Dev diary is telling us everything already. I can wait for screenshots, just can't wait for the game itself!

This is one of the updates that I wanted most in the game. Very c00l that greydog realised them in-game. Awesome. Not that I want to make Mania's, but it's cool to see a show, where you put a lot of cash/booking effort in, rise in popularity over the years, and then use it (I hope) to promote lesser known newbies into hometown heroes and the sort. thumbs up!

This means that Wrestlemania will work perfect in my game as I usually have all the storylines colliding at that point (except for a few lower ones which I keep on SD and RAW.) Also on my TNA game I have Bound For Glory and my created PPV which is kind of a normal PPV but with better matches than normal and my World Title tournament ends there which usually ends with a new Champion (over 4 years only once I made Jeff Jarrett retain the Title.)

[QUOTE=Skull;159840]and by that, do you mean that weekly events don't have a prestige value, or that they just don't rise in prestige quickly?[/QUOTE] By that I would assume that he means since TV shows are handled totally different then events. TV shows are in a different section. I would assume this prestige only effects the ones you add in the events section. Possibly only effects ones that are scheduled yearly as opposed to weekly. So unless for some reason you have your TV shows in as weekly events (and thus not being shown on TV unless you have a PPV deal) then their prestige wouldn't rise. TV shows =/= Events in TEW terms.

PPV's always have bigger crowds in my games. I can have several event's though, be they weekly, or yearly. I never thought of it, but yeah, TV Deals are different from actual events, as if you have two smaller events every week, they don't just end up on TV Shows, you book your show, and then end your events when the show comes on. I am really looking forward to being able to tell the popularity at much lower levels of play though, without having to check out the editor everytime. I'm going to try something right now, using the editor to look and see, lol, and then compare it to what happens with 2007 when it comes out. I want to see how much time it saves. I like to take a small promotion, and go to one spot, get up to over 30% popularity (looking in the editor), then moving out and trying to get over 10% everywhere, and seeing how fast I can move my promotion up.

[QUOTE=Sartagis;159952]By that I would assume that he means since TV shows are handled totally different then events. TV shows are in a different section. I would assume this prestige only effects the ones you add in the events section. Possibly only effects ones that are scheduled yearly as opposed to weekly. So unless for some reason you have your TV shows in as weekly events (and thus not being shown on TV unless you have a PPV deal) then their prestige wouldn't rise. TV shows =/= Events in TEW terms.[/QUOTE] Weekly Events don't have to be TV Shows, I was thinking more along the lines of TNA's old weekly PPV. I assumed myself that because it's being shown weekly the prestige would just gain alot slower than just every show to show like annual ones (Or even, just after the PPV has ran for a year, it will then adjust the prestige accordingly). P.S It wasn't me that asked the original question, just the follow-up question to Adam's answer

[QUOTE=Skull;159986]Weekly Events don't have to be TV Shows, I was thinking more along the lines of TNA's old weekly PPV.*snip*P.S It wasn't me that asked the original question, just the follow-up question to Adam's answer[/QUOTE] Got ya, the original question was about RAW thus why I thought you meant TV shows.

Archived