question for open office modders

SnDvls

okay so I've added the new bowl games and made the corrections to the conference allignments. I've also added Western Kentucky as they are moving up next year. how do I then move what I've done to the pstats? it doesn't give me a "save as" option to make it pstats.dat file as far as I can tell. [I]edit: nevermind I was editing a copy of my original pstats and forgot. I found it.[/I]

Hi, Yep, I'm using the Open Office data base tool to edit these as well. As far as I can tell, any changes you make are made "live" to the data base you have open. There is no "save" command because everything is saved as soon as you touch/change it. That means making backup copies of your files is a really important idea. Its the only way of going back to the version before you opened the db. And that's especially true since if you make a mistake and the game crashes, there really isn't much information about where the mistake may really be. Example, you change a bunch of different things, then try to make a new league using the pstats file. Oops, run-time error. Now, exactly which change has the problem? You really don't know. So, always keeping a copy that has worked and not crashed is really very important. Hmmmm, I'm interested that you were editing the pstats.dat file direct. I'd been renaming copies of the file to an .mdb extension. Then renaming it back to pstats.dat or stats.dat when I put my changes into place. I'll have to give it a try next time to open the .dat file without changing the extension. For me, it would still be my "copy of pstats.dat" file, but I like the idea of not having to always play with the extension.

[QUOTE=GTMarc;160215] Hmmmm, I'm interested that you were editing the pstats.dat file direct. I'd been renaming copies of the file to an .mdb extension. Then renaming it back to pstats.dat or stats.dat when I put my changes into place. I'll have to give it a try next time to open the .dat file without changing the extension. For me, it would still be my "copy of pstats.dat" file, but I like the idea of not having to always play with the extension.[/QUOTE] was really doing the original direct. I had copied it to the desktop and was doing it from there. I then renamed the original in the GDS folder (pstats2) and moved the one I was editing back into the GDS folder from the desktop. However, now that it is in my GDS folder I can edit it direct from there now and I am. I haven't had to change the extension at all. anyhow I've got Western Kentucky added to the Sun Belt w/ a logo to match Icy's logos, updated the bowl arraingements (took out any that had a 7th place team as a 5-6 team was getting a bowl bid) and added the new bowls except for the National Championship game (it still rotates between the 4 big ones)

Archived