Simply Ravishing -- Rick Rude

Richard Rood - Born in the Minneapolis area in December of 1958,making him 24 years old. A weightlifter and bodybuilder, just a short time ago Rick was splitting his time between the gym and working as a bouncer at a bar called Gramma B's in Minneapolis with his friends and fellow weightlifters Mike Hegstrand, Joe Lauriantis, and Barry Darsow, where they were noticed by local retired wrestler and respected trainer Eddie Sharkey.Sharkey thought they had a good look to them and offered them a rare opportunity: the chance to train to become a professional wrestler.It would be a tough life,and the pay would probably be lousy,but all 4 men decided it can't be much worse than than dealing with the loudmouths who had a few too many drinks in them,and so decided to accept Sharkey's offer and begin training to become professional wrestlers.Eventually all four would complete their training and begin wrestling on the local circuits until they were picked up by bigger promotions;Darsow by MSW's Bill Wats where he would become "Crusher" Darsow,Hegstrand and Lauriantis, painted up and rechristened The Road Warriors by GCW's Ole Anderson. Rick was a little different though; although he was by no means a small man,at 6"1' he was a little shorter and at 251 lbs. a good bit lighter than his friends,not really cut out for the "Big,Intimidating Bruiser" role his friends portrayed.However,unlike his friends,Rick was able to lean himself down and become extremely ripped,which combined with his natural looks and ability to seem to exude arrogance,made him perfect for the "****y Narcissist" role.He was soon noticed and picked up by the owner and booker of Memphis promotion,Jerry Jarrett who thought while still green,Rick had the kind of look and charisma to go far.A slight change to the spelling of his last name made him Rick Rude,soon to be christened "Simply Ravishing" Rick Rude by Jarrett. Rude has just recently begun competing regularly,as a heel,in the Lower Midcard, and has been recruited by manager Jimmy Hart into his stable,The First Family. (I decided to go with Rude because he suffered what was essentially a career ending injury while near the peak of his in ring career,let's see what happens if he stays healthy)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[U]Rick Rude May 1983:[/U] [U]Rumble Skills:[/U] Brawling:C- Power:B+ Strong Style:F Hardcore: D MMA:F [U]Technical Skills:[/U] Mat Wrestling:F Chain Wrestling:F [U]Flying Skills:[/U] Aerial:F Flashiness: D [U]Entertainment Skills:[/U] Michphone:E Charisma:B Acting:B+ Looks:A+ Star Quality:B+ [U]Performance Skills:[/U] Basics:C- Psychology:C- Safety:C- Consistency:C Selling:C- [U]Physical Skills:[/U] Athleticism:B Toughness:A Stamina:C- [U]Backstage Skills:[/U] Business:F Booking:F Respect:E [U]Other Skills:[/U] Intenisty:C- Stiffness:C- Resilience:B+ Menace:C+ Refereeing:F Spirit:C- [U]Contracts:[/U] CWA:Heel,Lower Midcard, 4 months left I will be limiting myself to a +1% improvement in one category after each match,with a bonus +1% awarded for an A or A+ match,and an additional +1% improvement at the end of each month. Being friends with The Road Warriors and Barry Darsow,I will follow their careers,as well all title changes,and the signings&releasings of the "Major" (i.e.Cult or better) promotions(currently AWA,GCW,MACW,WCCW,WWF,CMLL,AJPW,NJPW,and Joint Promotions)

[B][U]Championship Wrestling Association:[/U][/B] Size: Regional Style: Sports Entertainment Location: South East Owner: Jerry Jarrett Booker: Jerry Lawler Road Agent: Jackie Fargo Referee: Jerry Calhoun,Paul Morton [U]Champions:[/U] AWA International:[COLOR="Blue"]Jerry Lawler[/COLOR] AWA Southern Heavyweight:[COLOR="Red"]Bill Dundee[/COLOR] AWA Southern Tag Team:[COLOR="Blue"]The Fabulous Ones(Stan Lane&Steve Keirn)[/COLOR] CWA Mid-America Heavyweight:[COLOR="blue"]Koko Ware[/COLOR] Inter-Gender Championship: ([COLOR="Green"]Vacant[/COLOR]) [U]Roster:[/U] [U]Main Event:[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Ken Patera[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Jerry Lawler[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Austin Idol[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Steve Keirn[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Stan Lane[/COLOR] [U]Upper Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Bill Dundee[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Randy Savage[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Dutch Mantell[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Ricky Morton[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Robert Gibson[/COLOR] [U]Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Lanny Poffo[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Dennis Condrey[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Bobby Eaton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Terry Taylor[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Kareem Muhammad[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Elijah Akeem[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Spoiler[/COLOR] [U]Lower Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="red"]Phil Hickerson[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Rick Rude[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Koko Ware[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Norvell Austin[/COLOR] [U]Opener:[/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Bobby Fulton[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Troy Graham[/COLOR] [U]Enhancement Talent:[/U] [COLOR="red"]The Colossus of Death[/COLOR] [U]Manager:[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Jim Cornette[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jimmy Hart[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Tojo Yamamoto[/COLOR]

[B][U]Monday,Week 1,May 1983:[/U][/B] I checked my bank account today before taking in my daily workout at the gym;it seems I have managed to save up $10,000...not a bad little nest egg for a new guy;the problem I need to get some experience under my belt if I want to get the top bookings and right now the CWA is only running two shows a week,plus one monthly "Supershow".Monday is the CWA's weekly show in the Mid-South Coliseum,I should probably ask around the locker room and see if I can get myself some more bookings... I arrived at the arena early so I could see if I could get a few leads on more employment;I am told many of the promotions in this part of the country have a sort of "Working Agreement" where they pretty much share talent with each other.Checking further,I find that the CWA does indeed have a talent sharing arrangement with both Bill Watts in Mid-South and Eddie Graham in Florida,I make some calls and although neither man is available at the moment,I do manage to make an appointment to converse the possibility of some bookings. With that done,I check tonight's booking sheet and see they have me matched up against former PYT member Koko Ware,for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship.... [B][U]Match 1:Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavweight Championship:[/U][/B] The bell rings and we circle each other looking for an opening...Koko outquicks me and grabs a Standing Side Headlock,he grinds away,then twists me in front to deliver a Headbutt,then grab a Standing Arm Bar.He begins punching and kicking me until finally I slither out of an Arm Bar,I try to grab a Front Facelock but Koko punches his way free...he takes a swing at me but I duck under it and put him in a Front Facelock,taking the time to sneer at the crowd and point to my head as if to say "Look at me,I'm so smart" with my free hand as I crank the pressure on.I hammer away with punches and kicks,before scooping him up for a Bodyslam,then pose,drawing a round of boos before dropping an elbow onto Koko.I grab a Grounded Headlock but Koko rolls away from my Stomp and Punches me....Koko with a European Uppercut but I shake it off and land a Punch,followed by a Short Arm Elbow.I back up,get a running start and Kick him in the head while he is down,but Koko blocks me when I try to Slam his face into the mat.Koko applies the Top Wrist Lock then tries to me in the Head with his Forearm,but I duck,grab his arm,wheel him around,then deck him with a Big Roundhouse Punch.Again I go for a Face Slam,but Koko breaks free and lands a Flurry of Jabs,then a Knee Arm Driver,he follows up with a Handstand Knee Drive to the Arm.He applies the Inside Toe Hold and eventually I kick him away from me and stand back up.Koko runs at me but I scoop him into a Double Backbreaker.I try to follow with a Boston Crab but Koko rolls away,then leaps up with a Dropkick which sends me into the corner,a second Dropkick in the corner knocks me down,but as he comes in I scoot behind him and lift him for a Back Suplex,but Koko spins him sideways as I lift and turns it into a Spinning Head Scissors.As I lay stunnded,Koko begins pointing to the top rope,drawing cheers as he goes up the turnbuckles.Koko leaps off with a Flying Elbow Drop.......and nobody is home as I roll away,then zero in on the arm with a Grounded Arm Bar,I stand and take it to a Straddled Arm Bar,then grab his head with my free hand and Slam it into the mat,then begin Rubbing his Face in,drawing a round of boos. I pick him up for a slam but Koko floats over,grabs a Hammerlock,and drives me into the corner,he tries to Stomp me but I block and we struggle before I finally twist him into position for a Back Suplex and fall back,right into the Turnbuckle...Koko goes down like a ton of bricks and the crowd comes to their feet,screaming at me as the Paul Morton gets in my face.Koko is still slumped in the corner as the ref finally gets off my case after I threaten to smack him,I move in to punch him,but he catches my hand,then suddenly leaps up and onto the ropes,crashing down on my arm with a Knee Arm Driver.I clutch my arm as Koko tries to pick me up,but I catch him with a cheap shot.I go to lift him but he sneaks behind me and tries for a German Suplex,but spin myself around and go for a Neckbreaker....Koko slips out the front and leaps up to dropkick me but I move.I try a Boston Crab but Koko scoots through,he tries to lift me up but I rake his eyes and clamp on a Sleeper...the ref checks...no good as Koko fights it off and gets away.As he tries to shake the cobwebs out I go for a Neckbreaker,but he counters into a Thesz Press...kick out at two and half!Koko goes up top but I shake the ropes and he falls off....it turns into a slugfest...Koko wins and again goes up top to capitalize,but I duck under his Flying Head Scissors,he crashes to the mat and I lock in a Boston Crab...Koko is out and slips behind me,he grabs a waistlock,but I elbow him,go behind,grab a headlock and take it into a Running Bulldog...I cover and the ref counts three!The better part of the Mid-South Coliseum screams bloody murder as the announcer takes the mic.....The winner,and NEW CWA MID-AMERICA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION...."SIMPLY RAVISHING" RICK RUDE! [B]Winner:Rick Rude via pinfall(Running Bulldog) in 13:50[/B] [U]Rating:B-[/U] Basics Improved +1% [U]On the same card:[/U] The Fabulous Ones def. The Zambuie Express The Rock and Roll Express def. Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo Spoiler def. Phil Hickerson Bobby Fulton and Austin Norvell def. The Midnight Express Bill Dundee def. Terry Taylor to retain AWA Southern Heveyweight Title Ken Patera def. Dutch Mantell Jerry Lawler def. Austin Idol to retain AWA International Title Attendance: 2,489 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] AJPW: Dory Funk,Jr. def. Jumbo Tsuruta for the NWA National Heavyweight Title, released Matsumichi Sakurai, Mister Hayashi EMLL releases El N**i CWA releases Angelo Poffo,Sonny Fargo,Tojo Yamamoto(big news as Tojo is a huge name in Memphis,earlier as a wrestler and now as a manager) WWF releases George Steele,Buddy Rogers WCCW releases Bronko Lubich,Skandor Akbar In other big news....Championship Wrestling from Florida has announced the release of Hiro Matsuda.(For those who don't know, Hiro Matsuda took over as owner for CWF when Eddie Graham died in the mid-80's,many say he was responsible for driving the promotion into the ground)

Thanks captainlou,I read your diary and enjoyed the style of your write-ups,so I am trying to work a similar style;avoiding going too crazy with the level of detail (no need to write out every single punch and kick,unless it comes at a critical time) but at the same time adding small touches from the era and calling all the important spots in a logical and visually appealing fashion so that the match has the same sort of flow it would when at the arena or watching on TV.

[B][U]Tuesday,Week 1,May 1983:[/U][/B] Today is a big guy as I am expecting calls from both Bill Watts and Eddie Graham,so I got up extra early to get my morning workout in....sure enough,shortly after I returned to my apartment,I received a phone call from Mr.Graham;he was a real "No-Nonsense" kind of guy,getting right to the point and telling me he has seen my past work in the CWA,and he'd like to bring me for some bookings,they are in need of a lower card heel for the faces to work with,in fact,they are running a show tonight and he'd like to fly me in to start right away......I,of course, accept, and we hammer out the details of a Verbal agreement,deciding that an 8 month run as a heel would be good to start. I have barely begun packing when I receive a second call,the man on the other end this time is Bill Watts.He struck me as a real "Good Old Boy",not afraid to tell it to you like it is.....his promotion MSW,would also like to give me some bookings,it seems the only heels he has on the lower card are a couple of "Big ol' boys" he calls The Blade Runners,and a "Monster" he names as Lord Humongous,he wants a smaller guy to work the "arrogant heel" gimmick and break up the monotony a little bit...I agree,and we have no problems coming to a Verbal agreement, for an 8 month run as a heel as I finish packing.

[B][U]Championship Wreslting From Florida:[/U][/B] Size:Regional Style:Traditional Location:South East(USA) Owner:Eddie Graham Booker: Dusty Rhodes Road Agent:Eddie Graham Referee:Bill Alfonso Commentator:Buddy Colt,Gordon Solie,Barbara Clary Champions: Florida Brass Knuckles:[COLOR="Blue"]BlackJack Mulligan[/COLOR] Florida Heavweight:[COLOR="blue"]Scott McGhee[/COLOR] Florida Television:[COLOR="Red"]Black Bart[/COLOR] Florida Tag Team:[COLOR="Green"]Vacant[/COLOR] [U]Roster:[/U] [U]Main Event:[/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Blackjack Mulligan[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Dusty Rhodes[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Kevin Sullivan[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Superstar Billy Graham[/COLOR] [U]Upper Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Barry Windham[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Bob Roop[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Bobby Duncum Sr.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]The Purple Haze[/COLOR] [U]Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="red"]Adrian Street[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Angelo Mosca[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Bobby Duncum[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Mike Graham[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Mike Rotundo[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Ron Bass[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Terry Allen[/COLOR] [U]Lower Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="blue"]B.Brian Blair[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Black Bart[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Rick Rude[/COLOR] [U]Opener:[/U] [COLOR="red"]Mike Davis[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Scott McGhee[/COLOR] [U]Enhancement Talent:[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Jack Hart[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Lex Luger[/COLOR] [U]Manager:[/U] [COLOR="red"]Fallen Angel[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Kevin Sullivan[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Miss Linda[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Sir Oliver Humperdink[/COLOR]

[U][B]Tuesday,Week 1,May 1983:[/B][/U] I arrive at the airport to find a one-way,coach-class ticket to Florida waiting for me at the terminal,a short hop later I am in Florida,driving the extremely cheap,compact rental car that was reserved for me to the arena.Along the way I remember back in the CWA locker room,Jim Cornette told me Eddie Graham was "A nice man,but he pinches pennies so hard he has copper colored fingers...",I guess he wasn't kidding.... I arrive at the arena and after a short meeting with Eddie Graham and itroducing myself to the guys in the back,I check the booking sheet and see I have been assigned to the Lower Midcard,tonight I am booked against Bob Roop,a well known name for several years in the Florida area,and a legitimately skilled,and tough, former amatuer wrestler.... [B][U]Match 2: Rick Rude vs. Bob Roop[/U][/B] The bell rings and right off the Bob goes to work on me with some HARD shots until I spin free from a Standing Arm Bar,grabbing Front Facelock and grinding away before taking it into a Standing Side Headlock while exchanging insults with the fans in the front row.I reach around with my free hand and scoop him up for a Bodyslam,then Punch him on the ground before going back the Headlock,this this on the Ground.I grind away,taking the time to sneer at the crowd,but Bob takes advantage of my lack of concentration to power free,then applies a Standing Side Headlock of his own,drawing some cheers.We trade shots but I win,landing a quick Kick to the Gut,then scooping him into a Backbreaker.I take the time to pose,drawing a round of boos,before I drop an Elbow on to him,then right back to working the neck with the Grounded Side Headlock.I grind away until finally Bob powers out and cinches in a Top Wrist Lock,followed by a Single Leg Trip.Bob follows up and holds me on the mat for 2 minutes,working my arm over with Ground Arm Bars,eventually I begin to weaken and he begins grinding hos Forearm in Arm Barring me,then driving both his Knee and Elbow into my Arm....Bob grabs my leg and sets up a Spinning Toe Hold,but I manage to kick him away,finally gaining some respite but now I am in a very bad way.Being in desparate straits,I fall back on an old trick and Rake his Eyes,then hammer away with Punches and Kicks before grabbing a Standing Side Headlock;I grind away and when the ref is not looking,sneaking A Punch to the Face.I try to hit him in the back of the head with my Forearm,but he checks my arm,shoves me off,then takes a short start and hits a Running Knee to my Head.Everything goes blurry and I go down,Bob picks me right back up,turns me over and drops down into a wicked Inverted Shoulder Breaker...the ref makes the count and it all over in 7:10.....the audience appeared to be about as pleased as I was,audibly shouting "That Sucked!" as I wobbled to the back..Man,that guy hit hard...... I sit in the locker room until my head clears,as I sit I check my schedule and see that tomorrow is the day Bill Watts wants me to come in to work a TV taping for him;not being sure how I am going to get there being as my ticket was only one-way,I call the MSW offices and fortunately Mr.Watts was working late tonight and I get him on the phone and explain my situation,fortunately Bill is a bit more accomadating than Eddie,he books me on the next flight right away and arranges to get me a decent hotel room,rental car, and a pass for a local gym so I can rest up and work out to look good for the TV Taping. [B][U]Winner:Bob Roop via pinfall(Inverted Shoulder Breaker) in 7:10[/U][/B] [B]Rating: F[/B] [B]Basics Improved +1%[/B] [B][U]On the Same Card:[/U][/B] Kevin Sullivan&Purple Haze def. Brad Armstrong&Terry Allen B.Brian Blair def. Black Bart for the Florida TV Title Blackjack Mulligan def. Adrian Street for the Florida Brass Knuckles Titles Dusty Rhodes&mike Graham def. Angelo Mosca&Outlaw Ron Bass Mike Rotundo def. Mike Davis Bobby Duncum def. Barry Windham Superstar Billy Graham def. Scott McGhee for the Florida Heavyweight Title Attendance:3,133 [U][B]Other News:[/B][/U] MACW:Nelson Royal&Assassin#2 def. Mark Youngblood&Angelo Mosca,Jr. for the Mid-Atlantic U.S. Tag Team Titles WWC:TNT def. Tonga John for the WWC North American Heavyweight Title Inferno#1 def.Invader#3 for the WWC World Junior Heavyweight Title Invader#1 def. Carlos Colon for the World Universal Heavyweight Title ASW(UK): Rick Wiseman def. Keith Hayward for the European Middleweight Title

[B][U]Mid South Wrestling:[/U][/B] Size:Regional Style:Traditional Location: Mid-South(USA) Owner:Bill Watts Booker:Ernie Ladd Road Agent:Grizzly Smith Referee:Alfred Neely Announcer:Bill Watts,Boyd,Pierce,Jim Ross [U]Champions:[/U] North American Heavyweight:[COLOR="Blue"]Junkyard Dog[/COLOR] Mid-South TV:[COLOR="Green"]Vacant[/COLOR] Lousiana State Championship:[COLOR="green"]Vacant[/COLOR] Mid-South Tag Team:[COLOR="Red"]Ted DiBiase&Mr.Olympia[/COLOR] [U]Roster:[/U] [U]Main Event:[/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Butch Reed[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Junkyard Dog[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Kamala The Ugandan Giant[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Ted DiBiase[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Mr.Wrestling II[/COLOR] [U]Upper Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="Blue"]Jim Duggan[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jim Garvin[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]King Kong Bundy[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Magnum T.A.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Mr.Olympia[/COLOR] [U]Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Buddy Landell[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Chris Adams[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Crusher Darsow[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Rick Rude[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Rip Rogers[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Steve Williams[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Terry Taylor[/COLOR] [U]Lower Midcard:[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Blade Runner Sting[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Lord Humungous[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Rick Steiner[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Tim Horner[/COLOR] [U]Opener:[/U] [COLOR="blue"]Art Crews[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Blade Runner Rock[/COLOR] [U]Enhancement Talent:[/U] [COLOR="blue"]Scott Steiner[/COLOR] [U]Manager:[/U] [COLOR="Red"]Skandor Akbar[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Sunshine[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;160249]Roop can be a beast. At the very least, he taught you a few basic moves; the experience should help down the line. Good luck![/QUOTE] Thanks! That loss doesn't bother me at all, we are far enough apart on the card and in overness that I didn't take a hit for it;besides,at least I lost to someone skilled who simply plain wrestled cricles around me on the mat.

[B][U]Wednesday,Week 1,May 1983:[/U][/B] A quick late night flight,couple hours of sleep,and a workout later and I find myself at the venue for tonight's TV taping;I make my way in and introduce myself to a few of the guys,I notice a couple of big,muscular fellows working on their moves in the ring,the one in particular seems to be having a little trouble mastering a certain spot.I have time to spare and it is a spot I am familiar with so I go over,introduce myself,and offer a hand.In no time at all,I manage to lead the guy having trouble,who introduced himself as Rock,through the spot with the aid of the other guy,who goes by the name Sting.We chat awhile and they are pretty decent guys,Rock in particular takes the time to ask me to help him out with a few other moves he is having trouble with. I get in a good workout showing him a few tricks I picked up,then Bill Watts calls me over to discuss tonight's booking.He tells me I he will be using me in a Midcard role,Watts must want to see what I am capable of as tonight I will be going against another young guy,Art Crews,in a First Blood match!I meet up with Art in private and we try to figure how we are going to do this without putting each other in the hospital,soon enough it is match time.. [B][U]Match 3:Rick Rude vs. Art Crews (First Blood Match)[/U][/B] The bell rings and we circle,throwing out a few shots to test each other out;finally Art grabs a Standing Side Headlock but I power out of his grip,grabbing a Standing Side Hadlock of my own,grinding away,then punctuating it with a Punch to the Face.I try to hit him in the back but he tangles up my arm and goes for a Standing Arm Bar,but again I power out of his grip and begin hammering away with Punches.Art looks standing and I grab his free hand to pull him toward but he takes advantage,Kicking me in the Gut while I am tied up,then applying a Standing Side Headlock.He tries an Arm Wringer but I go with the move and again try to pull him toward me,but he counters with a Punch,then backs up while I am dazed and hits me with a Running Clothesline.We go to the mat and hooks in a Straddled Arm Bar,then smashes my exposed arm with his elbow,but when goes for a Boston Crab I kick him away and regain my footing.I need to slow this one down,so I grab a Front Facelock and squeeze....and squeeze.....and squeeze...I go for a Headlock but he responds by scooping my inside leg as he is bent over,then picks me up into a Bodyslam.Art picks me up from behind,then drops me back down with a Neckbreaker,he picks me up again and sets up for a Suplex,but I rake his eyes,which stuns him long enough for me to floor him with a Big Roundhouse Punch.I go to grab him on the mat but he powers back up into a go behind,he tries to hook a Sleeper but I grab his arm and pry it off of me,then spin him,but as he comes around he kicks me in the gut and tries to roll me up,but I shove him off and rush him,he sidesteps me and goes for the Abdominal Stretch but again I pry his arm off me,then in one motion,spin him and as his back face me lift him into a Back Suplex....Into The Turnbuckles!The crowd gasps,but since it is First Blood,there are No DQ's so there is not much the ref can do about it.I decide to take every advantage I can;I grab the Tag Rope and choke him with it,before smashing him Pillar To Post.Art is slumped in the corner,but as soon I lift my foot to Stomp him,he scoots through my legs and stands behind me,he tries a Russian Legsweep but I elbow my way out,grab him while he is stunned,get a running start,and pitch him through the ropes to ringside.I go to pick him up,but he fights his way back up,drags me into the ring,then lifts me into a Vertical Suplex,then Floats Over for a pin......which the ref never counts since it is First Blood.Art counts the pin himself,he gets to 5 before he gets up to argue with the ref,as he does I cheap shot him,then reach into my tights to produce a set of Brass Knuckles....but Art manages to shake off the cobwebs and we struggle over the weapon until it flies loose;I go to recover them and Art charges,I quickly drop and pull the top rope down,Art goes sailing over it to the concrete floor outside.We brawl but Art takes advantage,slams me with a Running Clothesline and drags me back in where I again cheap shot and go for my Brass Knuckles,but Art ducks....he sets me up for another Suplex but I rake his eyes,as I move him he rolls me into a Small Package ,then locks in a Boston Crab but since it doesn't make me bleed he soon lets go.We brawl until I gain the upper hand and look to end it with a Piledriver,but Art blocks it,then turns it into a Vertical Suplex.I cheap shot him and we again brawl,this time he catches me with a Kick and picks me up into a Piledriver,but I am alright. We both stand and I take advantge with a Bionic Elbow,but he blocks a FaceSlam,floats over,and picks me up into a second Piledriver,again I am alright.I go for the Brass Knuckles but Art rolls me into Small Package,gets behind me,and hooks in a Sleeper,but this time I reach around to grab then duck and fling him over me,he lands outside the ring and I follow him out.Art fights his way back up,grabs me,and lifts me into a Vetical Suplex,right onto a chair!He lift me again for a second Suplex,but this time I twist myself and land on top of him,my knee catches him pretty hard in the side and knocks his wind out,I take advantage and pick him up onto my shoulder for a few seconds,then spy the perfect spot to drop him...I walk over to a table,exchange a quick insult with a guy in the front then dump him through the table with a ferocious Bodyslam....but I am not done there,I grasp him by the back of the head and as the crowd goes nuts,begin slamming his face into the concrete floor....1 time...2....3....4...5...6 times...I feel something warm on my hand and as I pull him up for a 7th one the crowd can see he is covered in blood...the ref sees this too and calls for the bell,then comes out and raises my hand as I clutch my back,which doesn't feel right after that landing on a chair.The crowd is on their feet and going absolutely nuts as I slowly walk to the back and the doctor rushes to ringside to attend to Art Crews. [B][U]Winner:Rick Rude via Ref Stoppage[/U][/B] [B]Rating:A[/B] [B]Basics +1%[/B] [B]Stamina+1%[/B] [B]Body Condition -1%[/B] [B]Arms Condition -1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Rick Steiner def. Lord Humungous Ted DiBiase&Mr.Olympia def. The Hacksaws(Butch Reed&Jim Duggan) Magnum T.A. def. King Kong Bundy Kamala def. Junkyard Dog Attendance:2,881 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] AWA: The Crusher def. Jesse Ventura for the AWA TV Title GCW: Mr.Wrestling II def. The Spoiler for the National Heavyweight Title Ronnie Garvin def. Pez Whatley for the National TV Title AJW: Matsumoto&Nagoya def. The Jumping Bomb Angels for the All Japan Women's Tag Team Titles

[B][U]Friday,Week 1,1983:[/U][/B] With no bookings Thursday and my next show being a MSW show within driving distance of my apartment,I get a chance to rest a little bit,then get in a good workout Friday morning before heading to the arena;I arrive early and Rock asks me to help him some maneuvers,I teach him a little bit before the fans start filing in for the show.Tonight,I am booked in a Tag Team Match with another Midcarder doing the "Arrogant Heel" gimmick, "Hustler" Rip Rogers;we'll be going against one of the top face teams,"Hacksaw" Butch Reed and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, known simply as "The Hacksaws".Match time hits and I have to admit I am a shade nervous to be matched against the top guys for the first time... [B][U]Match 4: Rick Rude&Rip Rogers vs. The Hacksaws[/U][/B] Duggan starts off with Rip and immediately begins waffling him hard shots,but amazingly Rip shakes it off and grabs a Standing Side Headlock,then fires back with shots of his own.A Forearm from Rip sails a little wide,and Duggan takes the chance to apply a Wrenching Side Headlock.Duggan goes for a Headbutt but Rip shoves him away then scoops him for a Bodyslam,as Duggan begins to recover he plants a Seated Kick into a his chest,then in true heel fashions,moves behind Duggan, stalks him as he begins to rise,and plants another Seated Kick across his back.Rip goes for a Stomp but Duggan rolls out the way and kicks him in the gut,but when Duggan goes to follow up with a Punch,Rip jams his arm before he complete it,picks him up into a Backbreaker,then tags me in.I try for a Gutwrench but Duggan gets lowers than me,then scoops me into a Backbreaker,then grabs a Grounded Side Headlocks and grinds away.The crowd is getting into a little as Duggan releases me then moves behind,does his impersation of Rip stalking him earlier in the match,then plants a Seated Kick to my back.Duggan motions to the crowd then to me as I lay on the mat,he goes for an Elbow Drop but I see it coming a mile away and roll away,Duggan clutches his arm in pain and I immediately zero in on the arm,grabbing a Ground Arm Bar and grinding while I yell at the fans about how stupid their hero is.Slowly I stretch his arm,but when I go to drive my Elbow into it, Duggan pushes me off with his free hand and makes a diving tag to Reed.The crowd comes up a little as Reed hits the ring and lets loose with a wild swing...which I duck,then Kick him one in the gut and rake his eyes.A solid Punch sets him up for a Short Arm Back Elbow and Reed is down;I stop,flex, and holler "This is how you do it!" at the front row before dropping an Elbow onto Reed,then applying a Grounded Side Headlock and squeezing.Reed manages to power back up,but I still have that Headlock applied,he powers the rest of the way out and puts me in a Headlock of his own,but when backs up to run at me,I catch him with a Dropkick,I go for a Grounded Side Headlock but we are near the ropes and Reed manages to make them,forcing a break....we are however near my corner so I hook a Front Facelock,tag in Rip,and hold Reed there so Rip can get a free kick in.Rip then grabs the bent over Reed by the Hair and pulls him to the mat,but when Rip goes for a Stomp,Reed rolls away,nails him with punches,then gives him a Suplex.Reed proceeds to hammer Rip on the mat with a Grounded Double Axe handle and Seated Hammers before dragging him to the ropes for a Rope Assisted Boot Choke.Finally when Reed goes to Stomp him,Rip gets out of the way,then begins Biting Reed on the forehead and slamming his face into the mat.A slugfest ensues,and Butch wins it,stunning Rip long enough to hit a Running Clothesline.Rip is right back up though,just barely dodging and Elbow Drop to tag me in. I rush the stunned Reed,landing a Flurry of Punches before he manages to block my shots and grab a Wrechning Side Headlock.We trade shots until I get an upper hand,but he breaks my try at a Bearhug and we trade shots again,this time Reed floors me with a Standing Double Axe Handle,then drags me to his corner for Rope Assisted Boot Choke before tagging in Duggan,who delights the fans by slamming my face into the mat several times then unleashing a Flurry of Stomps.I am hurt badly now but the red makes Duggan break a Choke Hold,which lets me land a cheap Punch and tag Rip.Rip slows it down by clamping a Hammerlock and maintining the pressure for over a minute before sidestepping to a Hammerlock Knee Drive to the Gut.Rip works Duggan with hard shots to the body,ducks a wild attempt at a counterpunch,the Suplexes Duggan,chokes him on the mat,then flexes for the fans while trading insults with them.Duggan recovers and tries to sneak up on him but Rip sees him and meets Duggan with a stiff Kick,then lifts him into a Piledriver. Rip makes the cover..1...2...and Reed manges to make the save.Duggan is still down,Rip scoops him....into a Running Powerslam..1..2...again Reed makes the save! Rip is frustrated,he Bodyslams Duggan but when he goes to kick him Duggan scoots away and makes another diving tag to Reed,who locks Rip up long enough for Duggan to recover,then both of them pick Rip up and deliver a Tag Team Double Body Slam.Rip recovers and a slugfest ensues,eventually they lock up and Rip slips behind,and slows it down again with a Hammerlock,maintining that pressure until Reed has lost his momentum.Rip tries to finish with a Sleeper but Reed powers out,Punches him one,then delivers a Choke Slam...1..2....Rip kicks out at the very last second.....staggers to his feet....Reed pounces on him,sets him up for a Gutwrech Suplex,then turns it into a Powerbomb....the ref counts and it is all over.The Hacksaws celebrate for the crowd,who are absolutely on their feet screaming,as I help Rip to the back I can hear several of them hollering "That Was Awesome!" [B]The Hacksaws def. Rick Rude&Rip Rogers via pinfall(Gutwrench Powerbomb) in 20:20[/B] [B]Rating: A+[/B] [B]Basics +1%[/B] [B]Stamina +1%[/B] [B]Body +.9%[/B] [B]Arms +.9%[/B] [B][U]On the Same Card:[/U][/B] The Blade Runners def. Rick Steiner & Art Crews [B]Lord Humungous def. Tim Horner for the Lousiana State Championship Title[/B] Magnum T.A. def. King Kong Bundy [B]Junkyard Dog & Mr.Wrestling II def. Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia for the Mid-South Tag Team Titles[/B] Attendance: 2,508 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [B]Thursday Week 1,May 1983:[/B] EMLL:Mando Guerrero def. Ultraman for the NWA World Lightweight Title. GCW:Signs Gory Guerrero [B]Friday, Week 1, May 1983:[/B] EMLL:Signs El Canek,Dos Caras, ,Fantasma,Solar,and Scrappy McGowen to exclusive deals,sign Chavo Guerrero Sr. and Villano III JPUK:Signs Karl Gotch to an exclusive deal,Mark Rocco.Mark Rocco def. Clive Meyers for the British Light Heavyweight Title,Jon Cortez def. Bearcat Wright for the World Mird-Heavyweight Title WCCW:Michael Hayes def. Kevin von Erich for the WCCW American Heavyweight Title WWC:Abdullah The Butch & Dick Slater def. Carlos Colon & The Invader for the WWC World Tag Team Titles SWCW: Hector Guerrero def. Eric Embry for the Southwest Junior Heavyweight Title DCW: Sabu def. Michael Kirschner for the Big Time TV Title

By the write-up, I am assuming the AI put you and Rip Rogers together without your asking for it? If so, that is mighty cool; those two (Rude and Rogers) are a perfect match. Despite the loss to Reed & Duggan, I am hoping Ravishing & The Hustler have a successful mid-card partnership. And I really enjoyed the First Blood match vs. Crews. Excellent job on that one.

Yes,the AI did pair us randomly,but I have to admit I thought the same thing;Rude and Rogers both have a bodybuilder's physique and work the arrogant heel gimmick well,we'll have to see what the future has in store for them. The First Blood Match against Art Crews.....I have to admit I was suprised to be booked for a specialty match on my debut and I was worried about the quality,athough neither Rude or Crews is what I would term "bad" in the ring,neither one has yet to develop a great degree of Performance Skills which meant one guy could not "carry" the other one.Still I was happy with how it turned out,I was able to use certain special moves and employ some of my own psychology to slowly put together a half decent story with Crews.But then,Rude did get a decent match out of Ultimate Warrior so I'd also like to think there were some flashes of the potential I hope to develop later on.

[B][U]Saturday,Week 1,May 1983:[/U][/B] Another day of travel CWA's weekly TV taping is in the Carolinas this morning;I catch a little sleep but I want to get my workout in before heading to the studio so I look good for the cameras. I arrive at the arena at little early to warm up; a quick check of the breakdown for today's shows and I see I will be defending my Mid-America Heavyweight Title for the first time against former champ Koko Ware;it an understood rule that the former champ should always be guaranteed one re-match,and this it... [B][U]Match 5:Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship:[/U][/B] The bell rings and I go on the attack first, hooking in a Front Facelock,I grind away unil Koko powers his way free and turns it into a Standing Side Headlock.Koko grabs my arm in anttempted Arm Bar,but I muscle out of his grip,stun him with a punch,pull him toward me into a Short Arm Knee Lift.Koko doubles forward and I scoop him but he twists free and end up behind me,he goes to hit me with his forearm but I turn and catch it,then twist his arm around into Hammerlock.After landing a few Forearm shots to his back,I set him for a Back Suplex and hold him there,slowly edging towards the corner of the ring,where I stop to sneer and holler a few insults.The crowd comes up and begins to holler a little,worried that I will Suplex him into the turnbuckle again,but this time I turn and drop back into a clean Back Suplex.I grab him by the head and try to slam him to the mat,but Koko blocks me,recovers,and Punches me one in the face.I immediately get angry,shake off the cobwebs,then quickly go behind him and administer another Back Suplex,this time making sure to plant his head right into the turnbuckle.The crowd gasps as I pick him back up and measure him for an Elbow,I try to punch him but Koko ducks and scoots through my legs,he tries to Punch me but shake it off and come back with a Kick to the Gut,then grab a Front Facelock,twist him so he is facing opposite me while maintaining an Over the Shoulder Chinlock,shout a few insults,then snap down into a hard Neckbreaker...I call that one The Rude Awakening.I make the cover,the refs three,and it is all over....several people in the audience shout "That Sucked!" making me wonder if I shouldn't have let it go on a little longer,despite us not being alotted much time due to both of us being relatively unknown in this part of the country,but still it's my first successful title defense so I am pleased to have won. [B]Winner:Rick Rude via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 4:10[/B] [B]Rating: F[/B] [B]Basics Improved +1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Bobby Fulton & Jerry Lawler def. The Zambuie Express Lanny Poffo & Randy Savage def. Dutch Mantell & Dennis Condrey Bill Dundee def. Terry Taylor to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title The Fabulous Ones def. The Rock & Roll Express to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team Titles Attendance: 284 [B][U]Other News:[/B][/U] SWCW has recorded excellent gate receipts recently,today they announced they will be expanding the number of venues they appear in to cover a large region of the Mid-South.(Rise from Small to Regional) WCCW: Signs Larry Zybysko AJPW: Signs Osamu Kido EMLL: Signs El Solitario,El Halcon JPUK: Signs Miss Linda,Princess Paula CSTATE: The Moondogs deg. Bob Brown & Buzz Tyler for the Central States Tag Team Titles ASW(UK) has announced it has signed the legendary Lou Thesz to a deal and will be using him as a Road Agent Andy Kaufman,star of the television series "Taxi" who gained much publicity after a public tussle with wrestler Jerry"The King" Lawler on NBC's "Late Night With David Letterman" recently, has apparently come to a verbal agreement with DCW...all I can say is be careful where you leave your pencils,Andy!

[B][U]Sunday,Week 1,May 1983:[/U][/B] I am back in Florida for the weekly taping of CWF's TV show;fortunately it was only a few hours drive from yesterdays location,so I was able to get plenty of rest and a good workout before going to the arena in the morning. When I arrive at the arena to warm up before the show,I check the run-down and see I have my first Tag Team Match in CWF today;I'll be teaming with the evil cowboy Black Bart against Barry Windam and Scott McGhee.Barry had some talent and is marked as one of the new up and comers in the business....he'd be tough but secretly I was releived that I'd have to contend with "only" Barry Windham and not Bob Roop again as we head to the ring.... [B][U]Match 6: Rick Rude & Black Bart vs. Barry Windham & Scott McGhee[/U][/B] McGhee and I start off and right away I go to work on him with Punches and Kicks,he tries to counter but can't land a solid hit,finally I whip him into me for a Short Arm Back Elbow,then unload a Grounded Punch on him.From there I go into what is becoming a trademark for me;I flex,shout some abuse to the fans,then drop an Elbow onto him.McGhee shakes it off and gets up,but as he does I lock in a Bear Hug,then ram him into the Turnbuckles by our corner.I catch McGhee with some hard shots in the corner,then back up to charge him,but he dives out of the way and manages to make the tag to Windham.The crowd is hot to see Windham dish out some punishment,they cheer as he charges across the ring and gets me in a Front Facelock.A brawl ensues when he releases the hold,the cheers for Windham,but I take over with a Kick to the Gut,then scoop him while he is doubled over and deliver a Backbreaker,throw out a few choice words for the people booing me,then unload with a Grounded Punch.I grab a Rear Chinlock and squeeze,after a few seconds Barry powers up to his feet and begins trading shots with me,again I come out on top when I duck a swing then apply the Standing Side Headlock,grind way,then covert to a Headlock Takedown.I grab another Rear Chinlock,Barry powers his way up again,and goes to wring my arm,but I catch him with an elbow,then turn it into a Suplex.I go back to a the Rear Chinlock,and squeeze until I feel him weaken,then take a page out of The Hacksaws book and drop a Seated Hammer on him,then Slam his face into the mat,before going back to the Rear Chinlock.Barry seems to be weakening,I take this chance to measure him for a Falling Fistdrop to the Forehead.I stalk him on the ground but when I go to kick him in the head he catches my foot,spins me,and lands a flurry of Punches,he backs up and gets a running start,then leaps and tries tod drive his forearm into me,but I duck and he crashes to the mat.I need a breather so I take this chance to tag Bart,who goes right to work,with a Big Elbow Drop,then Slams Barry's face into the mat,hold on,straddles him,and begins twisting away at his head..Bart tries to Punch him but Barry moves,then clamps on a Standing Side Headlock,and they begin trading shots,Bart wins,landing a heavy Clubbing Blow which sends Windham down.Bart beings punching Windham in the ear,but when he goes to choke him,Barry makes the ropes,forcing a break.The circle and Barry stikes first,hitting forearm shots,then putting Bart in a Hammerlock and driving him into the turnbuckles.At this point,the crowd starts a chant of "BARRY!BARRY!",trying to get him going as he goes to climb on top of Bart,but Bart shoves him off,then lifts him with both hands into a Choke Throw.Barry rolls clear of a series of Stomps,and makes a desparation tag to McGhee;the crowd comes up as he rushes in and hits Repeated European Uppercuts and a Bodyslam,McGhee goes for the Boston Crab but Bart kicks him off and tags me in.I go right to work,flooring him with a Big Roundhouse Punch,but when i try to taunt him,he jumps up and hits me repeatedly with European Uppercuts.We get tangled in the ropes and as we are separated,McGhee catches me off-guard with a Gutwrech;he tries to twist me in mid-air but rolls through and land on top of him,which gets me a 1 count.I go for a Boston Crab but he uses his leg strength to break free and again hit me with European Uppercuts.McGhee then backs up and tuns at me but I sidestep,and lock in a Bear Hug,he weakens and the ref checks but at the last second he finds his strength and fights his way free.We trade some Punches,McGhee gets a lucky hit in, lifts me in a Gutwrench, then turns it into a Backbreaker.He is on me like lightning and locks in a Spinning Toe Hold,the pain is bad but I tough it out and eventually he relases,waits for me to stand,and rolls me up,I kick out at two.McGhee makes it back to his feet first,grabs me as I stand up,and takes me up and over in a beautiful Cradle Back Suplex,this ref counts three and it goes in the books;I am now 0-2 in Florida.At least this time the fans are mildly amused instead of upset. [B]Barry Windham & Scott McGhee def. Rick Rude & Black Bart via Pinfall(Cradle Back Suplex) in 17:10[/B] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [B]Basics Improved +1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Adrian Street def. Terry Allen B.Brian Blair def. Angelo Mosca to retain the Florida TV Title Superstar Billy Graham def. Bob Roop [B]Dusty Rhodes & Blackjack Mulligan def. Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze for the Florida Tag Team Titles[/B] Attendance: 2,352 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [B]Staurday,Week 1,May 1983:[/B] SECW:Norvell Austin def. Rick Gibson for the Alabama Heavyweight Title,Ken Lucas def. Randy Rose for the Southeastern Brass Knuckles Title [B]Sunday,Week 1,May 1983:[/B] HCW: The Masked Superstar def. Junkyard Dog for the Houston Heavyweight Title

I found in my dynasty that Rude and Koko matched up many times and kept trading the title. My guess is that CWA will probably do it with you too as a sortof feud. Congrats on defending the title. That was a tough loss in the tag team match in CWF. McGhee isn't a slouch since he's a former Florida Heavyweight title holder. (Congrats to my fav wrestler, Superstar Billy Graham on defeating him earlier for the title)

[QUOTE=captainlou;160491]I found in my dynasty that Rude and Koko matched up many times and kept trading the title. My guess is that CWA will probably do it with you too as a sort of feud. Congrats on defending the title. That was a tough loss in the tag team match in CWF. McGhee isn't a slouch since he's a former Florida Heavyweight title holder. (Congrats to my fav wrestler, Superstar Billy Graham on defeating him earlier for the title)[/QUOTE] I have also noticed that from my RtL career,Rude and Koko feud over that belt alot,usually until one of them gets over enough to move up to the midcard.I just wish we could have put on a better quality match,but being as neither of us are really over at all in Mid-Atlantic,plus the match style being Sports Entertainment,we didn't have alot to work with. CWF seems to be my bane when it comes to winning matches,but once again since Windham is almost at Main Event level,I didn't take an overness hit for the loss.I was little bummed that he was able to pull out 3 finishers in a row on me,but these things happens sometimes.

[B][U]Monday,Week 2,May 1983:[/U][/B] Back to Memphis today and the building the CWA has been running in every Monday night for 13 years,The Mid-South Coliseum.I get my workout in,report in to the arena;I see that once again I will be defending my title against Koko Ware,I can't help but wonder "Whatever happened to the PYT Express?" as I walk down to ringside for the match ,being sure to act as arrogant as I possibly can.I sure this goes better than Saturday... [B][U]Match 7:Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship:[/U][/B] The bell rings,I start it off with a Front Facelock,Koko powers free and grabs a Standing Side Headlock,takes it to a Front Facelock,then takes that to a Suplex,and Punches me on the ground.He tries a Rear Chinlock but I force my way back up and right back,with my own Standing Headlock,which I take to a Front Facelock,and then into a Suplex.I stop to sneer and flick my sweat onto him,which draws a boo or two,but when I try to Punch him,Koko rolls out of the way and I slam hy hand into the mat.As I grasp my hand in pain,the crowd cheers,and Koko hammers me with forearms,wrings my arm,then grabs a Standing Side Headlock,squeezes,and takes it into a Headlock Takedown.He grabs my leg for a Hamstring Pull,then goes into a Grounded Hammerlock,but I scoot away and take a swing at him,he ducks and wrings my arm,but when he goes to Punch me I rake his eyes,which the ref does not see.A series of blows,and I finally down him with a Dropkick,I go for my trademar Posing Elbow Drop but Koko moves and the crowd cheers.Koko grabs my leg and sets up for a Handstand Knee Drop but I kick him away before he is ready,land a Kick to the Gut,which stuns him long enough for a Short Arm Knee Lift.I try to Punch him,he rolls away and we both launch shots at each other but neither of us can connect untill finally Koko counters a Bionic Elbow by grabbing my arm and pulling me into a Short Arm Knee to the Stomach.I am stunned and Koko Dropkicks me into the Corner,then monuts up and Punches me 10 times,he follows me down for a Handstand Knee Drive to the Leg,then follows with an Inside Toe Hold,but when he goes to drive his knee into my arm I grab him with my free hand and throw him off.I need to slow this down,so I grab a Facelock and squeeze,he makes the ropes several times but I keep re-applying the Front Facelock,until finally he slithers away and lands a Short Arm Knee to my stomach,then leaps onto the ropes and crashes down on me with a Knee Arm Driver.Koko with a Handstand Knee Drive to my Arm,he tries it again but I fight back up and again hook a Front Facelock and squeeze,I feel him weaken and scoop him but he swings his legs up around my head and takes it into a Spinning Head Scissors.Koko then backs up,runs,and hits a Running Elbow Drop,the crowd comes up as he pins me,but he only gets two.We both recover,he tries to lift me but I block,then lift him and again he counters it into a Spinning Head Scissors,he must have been watching some tape of CWF because he is on me like lightning,locking in a Spinning Toe Hold Submission,I try to hold out but this time the pain is too much,I am forced to give in and the announcer lets the crowd know they have a new Mid-America Heavyweight Champion,Koko Ware! One or two fans seem to care,many of the ones there chant "BORING!",but most of the fans were not even in their seats,I guess they went to the Concession stand or for a restroom break. [B]Koko Ware def. Rick Rude via Submission(Spinning Toe Hold) in 10:10[/B] [B]Rating: D[/B] [B]Basics Improved 1%[/B] [U][B]On The Same Card:[/B][/U] Norvell Austin def. Phil Hickerson Bobby Eaton def. Dennis Condrey Lanny Poffo & Spoiler def. Dutch Mantell & Randy Savage Ken Patera def. Bobby Fulton Bill Dundee def. Terry Taylor to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title Fabulous Ones def. Rock and Roll Express to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team Titles Jerry Lawler def. Austin Idol to retin the AWA International Title Attendance: 2,263 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] UWA: Dos Caras def. El Solitario for the UWA World Middleweight Title UWF: Shinichi Nakano def. Ryuma Go for the UWF Top Contender Title,Kantaro Hoshino def. Rusher Kimura for the UWF World Title WCCW signs Dick Murdoch

[B][U]Tuesday,Week 2,May 1983:[/U][/B] A solid early morning workout,then it is off to Florida for the weekly CWF house show;tonight they have me in a Tag Team match with solid,but still Opener level talent Mike Davis against two guys making a name for themselves these days,Brad Armstrong and Terry Allen.Allen in particular is being pegged as someone with a ton of potential who will go far in the business,I sure we can manage to pull a win out as my recent string of losses in low quality matches seems to have the promoters questioning whether or not they may have overestimated my ability. [B][U]Match 8:Rick Rude & Mike Davis vs. Brad Armstrong & Terry Allen:[/B][/U] The bell rings and things are already not looking good as Allen rushes across the ring and begins pummeling Mike Davis with shots.Fortunately,when they go to a Top Wrist Lock Davis is able to twist his hands enough to slide free and apply a Front Facelock to slow it down before firing back with shots of his own.Davis lands a solid Headbutt and Allen is stunned,allowing Davis to hit a Suplex.Davis is feeling the momentum swing in his favor as he grabs a Grounded Side Headlock,then begins choking Allen.Eventually Allen is able to twist just enough to slide free and begin trading shots,Davis takes control but when he goes for a kick,Magnum catches his foot and shoves him down,which buys him enough time to tag Armstrong.It breaks down into a fistfight but Davis is on fire,he ducks a punch,applies a Front Facelock and delivers a series of Headbutts,then tosses Brad into the corner,grabs him by the head,and smashes him face first into the turnbuckle ten times.Brad is slow to get up and Davis is right on him,choking him and kicking him in the head until Armstrong can regain his feet,then hooks him up in a Suplex.Davis goes for the Double Stomp but gets nothing but mat,Armstrong tries to brawl but again Davis outclasses him,then lands of flurry of punches.Seeing Armstrong is again stunned,Davis tries to scoop him up,they struggle for a few seconds,but Davis finally manages to lift Armstrong,then drops him throat first across the top rope.Davis is an animal at this point,slamming Armstrong's face into the mat and tearing at it,then double stomping him.Finally Armstrong rolls free of a choke hold and makes the diving hot tag to Allen,the crowd comes up and cheers wildly as Allen hits the ring like a house of fire,landing shot after shot despite Davis' best effort to get a move in;every time Davis gets an advantage and tries to tag out,Allen cuts him off before he can make it to me.Allen gets Davis down,the crowd cheers as he drives his knees into Davis' arm over and over,then looks for a Spinning Toe Hold Submission,but Davis uses his free foot to shove him off and finally makes the tag to me.I know I have to slow this one down;I take it a battle of holds as we go Headlock for Headlock and Facelock for Facelock until Allen tries hit Forearm me,I duck,lift him in a Gutwrench,then turn it into a Backbreaker in mid-air.I slam his gace into the mat,then go into my trademark Pose then Elboe Drop,but as I try to Stomp him but he rolls away and begins hitting me with punches and kicks,the crowd starts getting behind him as he grabs a Standing Side Headlock and squeezes before hammering me with shots.Allen changes gears as he decides to start working my arm with Arm Wringers and a Top Wristlock,then Forearms me in the back.Allen tries to put me in a Headlock but this time I grab his arms and powers them off me,I keep hold and twist before putting him in a Bear Hug and squeezing.As he goes down,I decide to give him a taste of his own medicine,I slowly set up,sneer at the crowd,then begin driving my knees into his arm.I pick him up from behind and drop him back down with a Back Suplex and try to follow up with a Boston Crab but Allen easilt scoots through and tags Armstrong.Again the crowd comes up as Arsmstrong charges the ring,hits me,then pulls me into a Short Arm Knee to the Stomach,as I double over he spins me and pulls me over in a Schoolboy,I kick out at 1.Armstrong charges me but I drop down and catch him with an Inverse Drop Toe Hold,I try to punch him but Armstrong fights back and jumps on my shoulders.He to Victory Roll me but I hold on and pull him back up for a Back Suplex,but before I can complete it,he puts his hands on my shoulders,pushes off,and Dropkicks me into the Corner,then mounts up and punches me in the head 10 times.I stageer out of the corner,take a wild swing at the air,then flop face first on the mat,the crowd cheers wildly as Armstrong drives his knee into my leg.He tries a Straddled Arm Bar but I simply muscle out,then slow it down with a Front Facelock,the crowd gets on me as I squeeze,I stop to shout back at them and it is all Armstrong needs to slide free and get me with a Short Arm Knee to the Stomach.He tries to Dropkick me but this time I am ready and brace myself,he bounces right off,gets up and tries to punch me but I go behind,lift him for the Back Suplex,this time he can't wriggle out,so I walk him to the corner and Back Suplex him head-first into the Turnbuckles.I hit with shots in the corner until he picks up my punch flurry and fire back before pulling me into another Short Arm Knee to the Stomach,he lifts me for a Knee Breaker,but I manage to spin free,land on my feet,and clamp on a Bear Hug,Armstrong screams and the ref checks,but he is still strong,he gets himself free,I try for a Neckbreaker but as I twist him around he hops onto my shoulders,spins in front of me,and takes me over in a Rana as the chant begins to chant "LET'S GO BRAD!LET'S GO BRAD!".Armstrong is feeling it,he goes to the crowd,then tries to put some kind of Judo hold on me but I manage to scoot away before he really gets started and tag in Davis.Davis is in and floors Armstrong right away with hard shots,he sets him for a Boston Crab,but Armstrong slides forwards,then stands,reaches through his own legs to grab Davis' leg,and pulls,which sends Davis down,he drives his knee into Davis' leg several times,then motions to the crowd,and clamps on The Figure Four Leglock,Davis has nowhere to go,the ref checks and he gives in;I can't help but feel frustrated,both at myself for not being able to finish the match,and at the bookers...why do they keep asking me to put guys further up the card over,then get upset and de-push me when I do? Ah well,at least this match was a little better than my last... [B]Brad Armstrong & Terry Allen def. Rick Rude & Mike Davis vis Submission(Figure Four Leglock) in 17:10[/B] [B]Rating:C+[/B] [B]Basics Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] B.Brian Blair def. Black Bart to retain the Florida TV Title Mike Graham def. Adrian Street Barry Windham def. Ron Bass Bobby Duncum def. Mike Rotundo Superstar Billy Graham def. Bob Roop to retain the Florida Heavyweight Title Dusty Rhodes and Blackjack Mulligan def. Kevin Sullivan and Purple Haze to retain the Florida Tag Team Titles Attendance: 2,440 [B][U]In Other News:[/U][/B] MLW: The Shiek of Araby & Dick Brower def. Iron Mike Sharpe & Tiger Jeet Singh for the Canadian Open Tag Team Titles WWC: Dick Slater def. The Invader for the Universal Heavyweight Title WCCW signs Adrian Adonis, Greg Valentine

[B][U]Wednesday,Week 2,May 1983:[/U][/B] It's Wednesday,and that means it is off to the studio for the taping of this week's MSW show,Mid-South Wrestling.When I get there,Rip and I head out to the interview set,where the interviewer is waiting for us; Rip takes the mic while I stand behind him,sneer at the camera,doing my best to look arrogant and menacing."Ya know,normally I'd come out here and tell you and everyone else out there how great it is to be me,before I head down to that ring and take care of business like only I can,but I gotta tell ya,today I'm just a little angry,a little upset....Ya see,last Friday night at the Municipal Coliseum someone got conned,they got hustled a little...now usually when there a hustle going down,it's all me,baby...but not this time....no this time it was The Hustler that got hustled,by those two big dopes Reed and Duggan....and that no good referee Bill Watts has on the job..Ya see,The Hustler had those two goofs in a Tag Team match,and I had them right where I wanted them...but before I could seal the dealmthey did something a little sneaky,a little dirty....I got some footage here,why don't you roll that for all those people out there?" Some archival footage of last friday's match came up on the monitor,showing both Hacksaws repeatedly using the ropes to choke the both of us."Did you see that? DID YOU SEE IT! A choke hold! They went to an illegal hold and that dummy of an official did nothing to stop it!I almost passed out from lack of air,they shoulda been disqualified,but that official let it slide and it cost me the match!I bet you think you're pretty smart,putting one over on The Hustler like that,but there's something you didn't count on,and thats this man right here! You see,Rick Rude,he's a lot like me,he's a little wild,he's into his fast cars and faster women,and just like me, he's just a little pretty...after that match we went down and hit gym,we hit the nightclubs,and we decided to form a little partnership.....Duggan....Reed...you got lucky last time,but we'll meet again,and I guarantee you next time,you can be sure of one thing...and that's that The Convertible Blondes will make sure you two are the ones getting hustled,baby....like the new kid down at the pool hall!" I guess he must have struck a nerve with The Hacksaws as they come out and a shouting match ensues,we are about to take it to blows,but the locker room empties and pulls us apart,Bill Watts comes down and orders the re-match for tonight! [B][U]Match 9:The Convertible Blondes vs. The Hacksaws:[/U][/B] The crowd really gets on me as I make my way out,taunting me since our name is "The Convertible Blondes" and I not even close to being a blonde;I trade a few verbal shots with the crowd,the bells rings as I am jawjacking with the people,Duggan rushes across the ring and clubs me from behind,I go down and he starts kicking me in the back,eventually I roll away and catch him in a Standing Side Headlock.I squeeze until Duggan is able is muscle his way back up,we trade a few shots and i come out on top, drag him to our corner,and tag in Rip,then hold him so Rip can get in some free shots.Duggan is down and Rip goes right to the Choke Hold,getting tremendous boos thanks to that interview,then grabs a headlock and squeezes for over a minute,Rip picks Duggan up but as he rises Duggan scoops Rip and Bodyslams him.Duggan drops an elbow,he tries for the Grounded Double Axe Handle,but Rip rolls away and gets back up.Seeing Duggan favoring an arm after missing the Axe Handle,Rip grabs it and wrings,then twists it into a Hammerlock.While behind him,Rip uses Duggans tights to pull him intoa Forearm to the Back,then picks him and delivers an Atomic Drop,drops an elbow,and kicks Duggan square across the back,drawing around round of boos.Rip picks him up,as he does Duggan lets loose with a flurry of punches,then tags in Reed.Red and Duggan each grab one of Rip's feet and lift,tripping him,then stomp him mercilessly while he is defenseless.Reed goes for The Boston Crab but Rip makes the ropes.Before he can get all the way up,Reed is on Rip;he ties him in the ropes and pounds away with right hands,leaving Rip down.Reed runs,bounces off the ropes,leaps high into the air....and crashes to the mat as Rip moves at the last second,making our corner and tagging me in.I try to get a hold of Reed but everytime I do,he muscles his way free and hits me;a kick t the gut doubles me over,and Reed hits a Jumping Standing Head Scissors.He picks me up from behind for a Full Nelson but I drop down and roll behind him.I try to hit him but he lifts me over his head,but I twist and land on my feet.We go into a chain wrestling sequence;I hit a Front Facelock and he breaks free,he tries to do a move to me but each time I dodge and re-apply a Front Facelock and he powers free.Evenutally he scoops me up for a Bodyslam but I twist into a Body Press and land on top of him;it only gets a 1 count.The situation is looking desparate,we will lose if I can't slow Reed down,so I grab a Standing Side Headlock and apply pressure for a good 90 seconds until the pace come to a halt,then lay into him with punches,kicks,and forearms,then finally a Standing Axe Handle.Reed shoves a kick aside and tries a Piledriver,but I slip my head free before he can lift me right,then return to pounding on him.Reed dodges my Bionic Elbow and tries to press me over his head again,again I convert it into a cross body for a 1 count.I land blow after blow and it starts looking pretty good for me...I put him in a Standing Side Headlock and as I do,he spins behind me,locks on a Full Nelson,then lifts me up and begins Spinning,I am too weak to hang on,I pass out and the ref calls it;he revives me and Rip helps me to the back;there a few scattered chants of "Boring!" [B]The Hacksaws def. The Convertible Blondes by Submission(Swinging Full Nelson) in 17:30[/B] [B]Rating: D[/B] [B]Basics Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] The Blade Runners def. Rick Steiner & Art Crwes Ted DiBiase & Mr. Olympia def. "Dr. Death"Steve Williams & Crusher Darsow Junkyard Dog def. King Kong Bundy Kamala def. Magnum T.A. Attendance 2,517 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] AJW: Seiko Honawa def. Kyoto Inoue for the All Japan Junior Womens Title UWA: El Canek def. Dos Caras for the UWA World Middleweight Title WCCW signs Cowboy Bob Orton,Jr. In other news, Mr.T, star of the hit TV seres "T A-Team",has apparently signed a deal to appear for All Star Wrestling,a small promotion operating out of the Vancouver area;it is believed that Owner/Booker Al Tomko brokered the deal in hopes that a major celebrity will boost sagging TV ratings and bring up gate numbers for house shows which have been low as of late.

[B][U]Friday,Week 2,May 1983:[/U][/B] A day off,I finally get to rest a little,then back to MSW and "The House the Dog Built",the Downtown Municpal Coliseum,for MSW's weekly house show.I get my workout in,then check in at the arena in the evening to see if I am booked.A look at the booking sheet shows me The Convertible Blondes are in action tonight;I almost don't want to look over and see who our opponents are,afraid I will have to match up with Duggan & Reed again.Finally,I do glance over and see this time it will not be "The Hacksaws",but instead it is 2 other midcarders,both marked to go far in the business,Terry Taylor and Steve Williams....finally,someone we have a chance at garnering a win over... [B][U]Match 10: The Convertible Blondes vs. Terry Taylor & Steve Williams: [/U][/B] As usual,it is me starting off,this time with Terry Taylor;I get the early advantage with punches and kicks until he sidesteps me and applies a Standing Side Headlock;I get loose by kicking him in the gut and take back over.I hook in a Front Facelock and squeeze for a good 30 seconds,take it into a Suplex,and begin Punching Taylor on the ground.Taylor rolls away from me,but I catch him as he rises and Bodyslam him;I try to slam his face into the mat but he blocks me and takes a swing;I move a little and his Forearm merely grazes my arm.Berfre he can react,I lock in a Bear Squeeze and as he lays on the mat Pose then drop an elbow,folled by a rear chinlock.I slam Taylor's face into the mat,pick him up from behind into a Back Suplex.Taylor is in trouble,and I go to taunt him,but when I turn my back he gets back up,puts me in a Standing Side Headlock,switches grips in mid-stream to Snap Mare me,and makes the tag to Williams.The crowd comes up as Williams charges in and nails me with a Bionic Elbow which sens me to the mat;he grabs my feet,singals to the crowd,then plants a hard stomp into my stomach,puts me in a Hamerlock and really wrenches it in.He tgrabs the ropes and uses them to propel himself upward,but I roll away his knees crash into the mat,as Williams is rolling clutches his leg,I make it over and tag Rip.Rip tries to keep him on the mat,but Williams shrugs off the assault and locks in a Side Headlock/Arm Wringer combo,Williams goes for a takedown but Rogers scoots away and takes over with puches and kicks.A European Uppercut stuns Williams long enough for Rip to give him a Backbreaker and Punch him on the ground,Rip then waits for Williams to start to recover a gives him a Running Kick to the Back.Williams goes down face first,Rip pins Williams bad leg from the missed knee earlier,and begins to viciously stomp his knee,drawing some boos.Rip goes to drop an elbow,Williams moves out of the way,then brutalizes Rip on the mat with Seated Hammers and stiff shots;a hard punch sends Rip over onto his stomach;Williams leaps on his back and locks in a Cross Arm Chinlock;Rip stuggles against the chokehold but is too weak,he passes out and the referee calls for the bell,extending my losing streak to 5 matches in a row as the fans again holler "That Sucked!";I am starting to wonder if maybe I should have gotten into another line of work. [B]Terry Taylor & Steve Williams def. The Converible Blondes via Submission(Cross Arm Chinlock) in 10:00[/B] [B]Rating: D[/B] [B]Basics Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Art Crews & Rick Steiner def. The Blade Runners Lord Humungous def. Tim Horner to retain the Lousiana State Championship Title [B]Magnum T.A. def. Mr.Olympia for the Mid-South TV Title[/B] Ted DiBiase def. Crusher Darsow Junkyard Dog & Mr.Wrestling II def. The Hacksaws to retain the Mid-South Tag Team Titles Attendance:2,527 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] EMLL: Mil Mascaras & El Solitario def. El Numero Uno & Lizmark for the EMLL World Tag Team Titles WCCW: Buddy Roberts & Terry Gordy def. Kevin & Mike Von Erich for the WCCW Texas Tag Team Titles PNW: Dean Malenko def. Don Running Bear for the PNW TV Title WWC: TNT def. Invader#2 for the WWC North American Heavyweight Title ,Carlos Colon def. Dick Slater for the Universal Heavyweight Title

[B][U]Saturday,Week 2,May 1983:[/U][/B] I am barely recovered from last night's MSW show,and here I am this morning,at the local TV studios,for the taping of this weeks edition of "CWA All-Stars";I head out to the interview area with Jimmy Hart,the interviwers asks about last week's loss to Koko Ware and Hart screams bloody mudrer,saying that I was so sick I could barely stand but the Athletic Comission forced me to defend the title anyway.Hart rants on and on about how I got cheated until Jerry Jarrett comes out,gets in Hart's face,and order a rematch for the title today! [B][U]Match 11: Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship:[/U][/B] Koko is all over me right from the start,hammering me with Punches and Forearms,then switching to fast Facelocks and Headlocks,he takes me over with a Side Headlock Takedown,I manage to roll into the ropes and force a break before he can hit me on the ground.In what seems to be a common spot for me these days,I need to slow the pace down,so I grab a Front Facelock and squeeze;after two and a half minutes,Koko has been completely stalled and I am ready to take over,nailing him with Punches,Kicks, and Forearms,then finally a Bionic Elbow which sends him down.I grab Koko by the head and slam his face into the mat,he struggles back up and manages a weak Headbutt which barely hits me,I take back over but everytime I try to lift him,he twists it into a Spinning Head Scissors,finally he holds me down with an Inside Toe Hold,then holds on and turns it over into a Single Leg Boston Crab,he tries to hold on to my leg and turn me back over but I kick him away,and Bodyslam him.I try to put him in a Headlock but he springs up off the ground and Dropkicks me so hard I fall into the corner.Koko moves in to stomp me,but I have enough left to get back up and clinch him,then give him a Backbreaker.I get a Rear Chinlock on and drop the Seated Hammer,then Pose and drop an elbow...right into the mat as Koko moves as the chant starts to chant his name.He goes for a Toe Hold,but I use my free leg to spin him away,then leap up,lift him, and Back Suplex into the Turnbuckle.The crowd is not happy,booing me as I Kick him in the corner,but he picks up a Punch Flurry,grabs my head,leaps and Headbutts me.I am stunned so he takes the chance to leap up the ropes and come down with a Knee Arm Driver.He tries a Toe Hold but again I kick him away,we trade shots until Koko ducks and rolls me into a Small Package,I kick out at 1.Koko quickly runs up the ropes,the leaps off and turns in mid-air into a Body Press,I see it coming and move away.Jimmy Hart gets up on the apron and distracts the referee and as Koko gets back up,I slip something out of my tights and clock him right in the face,the ref turns around just in time to see me make cover,but Koko manages to just barely kick out!Koko ducks away from me,leaps to the top rope and flies off at me,I move and he hits the mat hard.I take the time to taunt Koko,standing over him and doing a little dance for the girls in the audience.I go to pick him but Koko had enough time to recover,he slugs me,whips me into the ropes,then leaps and catches me in a Thesz Press,the ref counts it,but I am out at 1.Koko lifts me onto his shoulder for a slam,but I shift my weight,come down behind him,then spin,grab him, and hit a Running Bulldog.The crowd remembers my first win over Koko and starts to holler as I make a cover,again he just barely kicks out and the crowd cheers.I grab him,and twist us facing opposite directions,then Koko back elbows me,runs the ropes,and leaps of into a Springboard Body Press,I kick out after two.He catches me as I slowly get up,puts me on his shoulder,then gets a running start into a Powerslam...cover...1..2..again I kick out.I am still slow to get up and Koko is right on me,he whips me into the ropes,and leaps up for a Dropkick,but I hold onto the rope and he lands square on his back.Before he can react,I leap on him and quickly turn him over into a Boston Crab.Koko screams in pain and tries for the ropes but I pull him back into the middle of the ring,he starts to go limp,the referee checks him...Koko gives up! Every person in the crowd is on their feet,most booing or screaming,one or two are even cheering as the announcer takes the mic.."The time of the match 14:00,the winner and once again CWA Mid America Heavyweight Champion....RICK RUDE!"The ref raises my hand and the place goes nuts,they are so upset Jimmy Hart and I have to stay in the ring for a few minutes as there is not much security and it looks like some of the fans might rush the ringside area. [B]Rick Rude def. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title via Submission(Boston Crab) in 14:00[/B] [B]Rating: A+[/B] [B]Stamina Improved 1%[/B] [B]Safety Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Dennis Condrey,Troy Graham,& Alijah Akeem def. Ricky Morton,Stan Lane, & Bobby Eaton Phil Hickerson,Spoiler,& Lanny Poffo def. Bobby Fulton,Terry Taylor,& Robert Gibson Steve Keirn def. Bill Dundee Jerry Lawler def. Austin Idol to retain the AWA International Title Attendance: 2,074 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW: Road Warrior Animal def. Bob Armstrong, Ole & Gene Anderson def. Road Warrior Hawk & Jake Roberts SECW: Jimmy Golden & Boris Zhukov def. Mr.Olympia & Ken Lucas for the Southeastern Tag Team Titles

Archived