Simply Ravishing -- Rick Rude

[B][U]Sunday,Week 2,May 1983:[/U][/B] I make my way down to Florida for this weeks taping of CWF's TV show,when I get there I check the booking sheet;they are working on a few important programs so I am not booked today.I stick around to to watch the matches,then head back to Memphis early,it'll be nice to sleep in my own bed tonight. [B][U]On Today's Card:[/U][/B] Adrian Street def. Brad Armstrong Angelo Mosca def. Scott McGhee [B]Bobby Duncum def. B.Brian Blair for the Florida TV Title[/B] Mike Rotundo def. Ron Bass Superstar Billy Graham def. Barry Windham Dusty Rhodes & Blackjack Mulligan def. Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze to retain the Florida Tag Team Titles Attendance: 2,480 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] IWA: Gilles Poisson & Sailor White def. Gino Brito & Tony Parisi for the International Tag Team Titles MACW signs Terry Gordy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U]Monday,Week 3,May 1983:[/U][/B] It's a bit of a field trip this week as our house show is on tour in Ohio;I make the trip up with the rest of the guys,when I get there Jerry Jarret tells me that I am booked near the beginning of my show to defend my CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title,once again against Koko Ware.We aren't alloted much time on tonight's show,I hope we can have a half decent match... [B][U]Match 12: Rick Rude vs Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Chamionship:[/U][/B] The bell rings and I waste no time,quickly going to work on Koko with Forearms,Punches,and Kicks until he dazed enough for me to hit a Short Arm Back Elbow.I grab a Grounded Side Headlock and squeeze;Koko seems to be already weakening as I do my Posing Elbow Drop.I pick him up from behind and hit a crisp Back Suplex,but when I go to grab his head he powers back up to his feet.He tries for a Top Wrist Lock but I twist with it and end up behind him.I go for another Back Suplex but Koko sets his feet and blocks me,he spins and throws a wild punch which I duck,then use his momentum to bring him facing away from me and Back Suplex him into the Turnbuckle.In the corner,Koko ducks an elbow,he tries for a Front Facelock but as he brings me forward I get under him,then lift him over my head into a Press Slam.As I pick him up off the mar,Koko does a quick go behind into a Hammerlock.He tries to wring my arm but I overpower his grip,then reach up and twist him into The Rude Awakening,I make an arrogant cover as the ref counts....Koko suprises everyone by getting a shoulder up and 2 and a half!I get up and argue with the ref,accusing him of a slow count as Koko recovers,charges me,and Bodyslams me.He goes for a Grounded Hammerlock but I sit out,he clamps on a Front Facelock,then tries to hop on my shoulders but I block him,he still has the advantage so he grabs me by the head and leaps,but I jerk my head out of his grip,on the way down he catches me with an Arm Drag then drives his knee into my arm.He grabs my leg but I kick him off and recover.We begin trading shots,each blocking the other until finally I slip a wild Punch,Kick him in the Gut,then connect with a hard punch to the jaw;Koko's eyes go glassy and he crumples to the mat,the crowd erupts into boos and I make an arrogant cover and shout insults at them as the ref counts the pin.While nowhere near as excited as the crowd last Saturday,at least this time noone looked bored either. [B]Rick Rude def. Koko Ware via Pinfall(Knock Out Punch) in 6:50[/B] [B]Rating: C[/B] [B]Stamina Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] The Rock and Roll Express def. The Zambuie Express The Midnight Express def. "Dirty" Dutch Mantell & Bobby Fulton Bill Dundee def. Terry Taylor to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title Austin Idol def. Spoiler & Phil Hickerson in a Handicap Match The Fabulous Ones def. Lanny Poffo & Randy Savage to Retain the AWA Southern Tag Team Titles [B]Ken Patera def. Jerry Lawler for the AWA International Title[/B] Anntendance: 296 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] UWA: Enrique Vera def. El Solitario for the UWA World Middleweight Title SECW: Boris Zhukov def. Mr.Olympia for the Southeasern Heavyweight Title ASW: Terry Adonis def. Oly Olsen for the All Star TV Title, Moose Morowski def. Igor Volkoff for the Canadian Heavyweight Title

[B][U]Tuesday,Week 3,May 1983:[/U][/B] I am on extra long flight today,apparently Carlos Colon called in a favor with Eddie Graham,the stars of CWF will be appearing Puerto Rico this week.I nap the entire flight down,grab a quick workout then hit the arena;my heart sinks a little when I check in and am told I will be again facing Bob Roop in a preliminary match.The fans down here are used to a slightly different style of wrestling,I hope we can at least entertain them,unlike the last time we wrestled. [B][U]Match 13: Rick Rude vs Bob Roop:[/U][/B] The bell rings,its not even a match as I manage to punch Roop one time,then he shakes it off and works me with Standing Side Headlocks for a minute before spinning behind me into a Hammerlock Single Leg Takedown.Roop is right on top of me on the mat,locking in a Grounded Extended Wristlock,then diving his knees into my arm.He holds on and slams my elbow hard over his shoulder,pains shoots up my arm as he lifts me up.He goes for a Back Suplex but as he tries to lift me I twist in his grip and get him in a Front Facelock.I squeeze,but Roop slides his head out of my grip,spins behind me and locks in The Abdominal Stretch,I am in a lot of pain but I refuse to quit,eventually he gets frustrated and lets go,he tries to scoop me up but I grab a Front Facelock before he can lift me.I squeeze for a bit,then scoop him into a Backbreaker.I get a Headlock on him on the mat for a few seconds until he powers back up,kicks me in the gut,then runs and plasters me in the face with a Running Knee,the ref starts counting,somehow I manage to kick out at 2 and a half.He goes for the Sleeper but I hook his arm and pull him toward me into a Short Arm Back Elbow.I apply a Grounded Side Headlock,the crowd is yelling something at me in Spanish,I figure it must be an insult so I fire a few insults back,then Slam Roop's head into the mat.Roop must not have liked that;he prys free of my grip,stands up,hits me with a Flurry of Forearms,then scoops me into his Inverted Shoulder Breaker and referee counts the pin;I really wish I understood what Eddie Graham is trying to accomplish with me....at least this time the crowd is quiet instead of complaining about the match. [B]Bob Roop def. Rick Rude via Pinfall(Inverted Shoulder Breaker) in 6:20[/B] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [B]Stamina Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] B.Brian Blair def. Mike Davis Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze def. Brad Armstrong & Terry Allen Ron Bass & Bobby Duncum def. Scott McGhee & Mike Graham Superstar Billy Graham def. Barry Windham to retain the Florida Heavyweight Title On the WWC portion of the card, El Gran Apollo def. Tonga John for the WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight Title Attendance: 485 [B]No Other News Today[/B]

[B][U]Wednesday,Week 3,May 1983:[/U][/B] As I prepared to leave the arena last night,one of the other wrestlers,Adrian Street,came over to talk to me.He tried to cheer me up,telling me I was doing just fine and not to sweat the losses too much;it's all part of being a journeyman in the business.He also suggested that I try working on my technique and stamina a bit more;I was getting winded early and while I am strong,my lack of knowledge of holds might be impairing my ability to defend myself effectively.It sounded like good advicelI resolved to do some more cardio work and make an effort to learn how to work on the mat better in future. Today is the second part of a "Supershow" in Puerto Rico so I was able to relax instead of travel;I'll be working with Bill Watts Mid-South Wrestling on tonight's card.I come to the arena a little early and take the chance to practice with Rock and Sting a little;Sting is more confident on the mat than I am and he shows me a few things.I look at the run down of the card and see the Convertible Blondes will again be action against the Hacksaws;I guess Bill Watts decided to take our little program "around the horn" as they say;doing a series of matches in sveral different places on the circuit. [B][U]Match 14: The Convertible Blondes vs. The Hacksaws:[/U][/B] Rip and Duggan start it off;After a few Collar and Elbow Tie Ups Rip grabs an Arm Wringer,takes it to a Hammerlock,then blasts Duggan with Forearms to the head and back area before scooping him into a Backbreaker.Rip hits a pair of kicks to Duggan's back;then stops to flex and fire insults at the crowd,which draws a chorus of hollers in Spanish.Meanwhile,Duggans recovers,but Rip meets him with a Kick to the Gut then fires in Roundhouse Punches to the body and Flurry of Punches to the head.Another kick doubles Duggan up,Rip grabs him and hits a Suplex.Rip gets a few good kicks in on Duggan while he is down,then they begin trading shots;Rip easily takes the advantage,landing shot after shot until a Kick doubles Duggan up;Rip puts Duggan's head between his legs,picks him straight up,and plants him with a Piledriver,cover by Rip and just as the ref is about to count three,Reed makes it across the ring to break the pin.Rip goes for a Hammerlock but Duggan gets fired up and finds the strength to break free,then begins hammering Rip with shots until he drops him,then singals to the crowd and drops the Seated Hammer on him.The crowd comes up as Duggan begins crawling towards his corner to make a tag,but just before he is able to reach Reed's outstrechted hand,Rip grabs his legs and pulls him to our corner.Rip holds Duggan and tags me;I come in and we try to double team Duggan,but he's still fired up and nails both of us with punches;he grabs a Standing Side Headlock on me and really wrenches.As he is squeezing,Rip distracts the ref and as the ref turns his back to me,I catch Duggan with a cheap shot and when he doubles over I twist him into The Rude Awakening...I cover as the ref turns back around...1...2...3!We win!Rip charges into the ring and we celebrate our first tag team victory,a win over big stars like Duggan and Reed should be a big boost for the both of us.As we celebrate,Duggan and Reed have words;it looks like Reed was a little upset that he was never tagged in.The whole time the fans are shouting something at us in Spanish,I'm not sure but I think it translates to "You Suck!" [B]The Convertible Blondes def. The Hacksaws via Pinfall(Rude Awkening) in 8:50[/B] [B]Rating: E[/B] [B]Stamina Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Terry Taylor def. Blade Runner Rock Magnum T.A. def. Buddy Landell to retain the Mid South T.V. Title Lord Humongous def. Rick Steiner to retain the Lousiana State Championship Title Ted DiBiase def. Chris Adams The Junkyard Dog def. Kamala Attendance: 482 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW: The Road Warriors def. Ronnie Garvin & Mr.Wrestling II to retain the National Tag Team Titles SWCW: Manny Fernandez def. Adrian Adonis for the Undisputed Heavyweight Title at May's SWCW Supershow

[B][U]Friday,Week 3,May 1983:[/U][/B] An interesting situation today;Friday is the day of MSW's weekly house show but today is also Eddie Graham's CWF Supershow,Florida Beach Tour.I carefully consider both options;I decide to go with CWF's offer since it is less travel and it is a special event.I talk to Bill Watts and in exchange for a promise to attend MSW's Supershow this month,he lets me off the hook for this week's booking and I am off to the Carolinas.I arrive at the arena and take in my workout;a rundown of the card shows me matching up with another young talent,who many say will go places in the business,Lex Luger,in a Steel Cage match. [B][U]Match 15: Rick Rude vs. Lex Luger (Steel Cage Match):[/U][/B] We circle to start off and with both of us being muscular guys I decide the to open the match by extending my hands and calling for a Test of Strength;Luger accepts,we lock hands and begin straining against each other....although Luger is bigger than me it turns out I am stonger than he is;I get him down on the mat then punch and kick at him.I make an effort to establishing a wrestling "base" to the match on the may by locking on a Grounded Arm Bar,which I take to a Grounded Side Headlock,then a Rear Chinlock before grabbing Luger bythe back of the head and slamming his face into the mat.I take the time to flex but Luger moves when I drop an Elbow and my arm slams into the mat.Luger tries to keep the mat action going with a Rear Chinlock by I pry his hands off me,then deck him with a Big Roundhouse Punch.I tak the time to do my little dance for the ladies in the audience,which gives Luger enough time to slide away from me.I try to hit him but Luger keeps punching and kicking his way free of every maneuever I attempt as the crowd chants "LUGER!LUGER!" to get him fired up.Finally I take over after landing a Bionic Elbow but Leger quickly escapes from a Bear Hug;we begin trading punches until Lex gets himself off balance after I wild swing,letting me give him a Backbreaker.I go to grab him on the at but Luger slaps my ahnds away and begins peppering me with Standing Axe Handles,the final one knocks me down.I quickly shove Luger away from me and try for a Suplex,but he pulls free and yanks me into a Short Arm Shoulder Tackle.Luger has me stunned and he raises his arms to Axe Handle me but I suprise him by quickly grabbing his head as he brings his arms down and using his momentum to drive him down with a DDT.I sense Luger is weak and pick him up,but he fights his way back to his feet,then drops me with a Running Clothesline,then drops down on me with a Grounded Double Axe Handle.Luger feels me weakening and stalks me as I lay there;he rushes at me and tires to Stomp me but I catch his foot and shove,which sets hm off balance into the ropes;as he tries to get back up I quickly spring to my feet and Kick him into Gut,then grab hold,twist,and drop him with the Rude Awakening.I sneer as I get up,confident I have this one won;I slowly ascend the cage,taking the time to trade insults with the fans,who are all over me, arrogantly sit for a few seconds on the top,then drop down to the floor outside,sneer,and flex at the crowd as I enjoy my first win in CWF.Not bad for an opening match against another rookie,though several people did holler "That Sucked!" [B]Rick Rude def. Lex Luger via Cage Escape in 7:10[/B] [B]Rating: E[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze def. Barry Windham & Scot McGhee "Exotic" Adrian Street & "Outlaw" Ron Bass def. Mike Rotundo & Brad Armstrong B.Brian Blair def. Mike Davis Bob Roop def. Black Bart Dusty Rhodes def. Angelo Mosca Superstar Billy Graham def. BlackJack Mulligan to retain the Florida Heavyweight Title Attendance: 493 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] AJPW signs Kuniaki Kobayashi EMLL: Halcon,El Supremo,& Kung Fu def. Chavo Gurerro,Villano III, & Phantasma for the EMLL World Trios Titles GCW signs Tommy Young, Rick Martel WCCW: Kerry Von Erich def. Terry Gordy for the WCCW Brass Knuckles Title MSW: Crusher Darsow def. Blade Runner Sting In other big news,Hulk Hogan,star of the film "Rocky III" and top babyface for the AWA promotion has begun taking on additional bookings with the Toronto areas Maple Leaf Wrestling,run by promoter Frank Tunney.

[B][U]Saturday,Week 3,May 1983:[/U][/B] Time again for CWA's TV show taping;the CWA is on tour so this week's showing is being taped in Boston;I feel pretty confident on the flight up,having broken my losing streak in MSW and CWF this week.I get my workout in then go to the arena;it appears that once again I'll be defending the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship against PYT'er Koko Ware near the beginning of the show.As usual,not much time has been alloted so I hope it goes well... [B][U]Match 16: Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship[/U][/B] I take over right away with Punches,then I go to grab his arm but he catches my hand and twists into an Arm Wringer.He tries to put a Headlock on me but I slide out the back and pick him up for a Backbreaker but as I lift he hold on to the Headlock,Forearms me,then uses his momentum to take it into a Headlock Takeover.Koko goes for the Grounded Arm Bar but I sit out and grab him in a Facelock.I squeeze a little until Koko breaks the hold by Punching me in the stomach,then hammers me with Punches,Kicks,& Headbutts.He gets a Schoolboy on me;I kick out at one and as we come up he hits me with a Dropkick that send me into corner.As I lean in the corner,Koko backs up,gets a running start,and launches himself into a Dropkick,I duck away and he crashes to the mat.I take the chance to grab a Grounded Arm Bar then Punch away on the mat.I pick him up for a series of Bionic Elbows,I set him for a Back Suplex but when I take him over he lands on his feet;as I get up he grabs my arm and pulls me in but I spin at the last second,end up behind him,and lift him again in a Back Suplex,this time he hits the mat hard.I slam his face into the mat,then pose and drop an elbow,but Koko rolls awayand I hit the mat hard.He begins driving his knees into my leg,then puts on the Inside Toe Hold.He lifts me from behind and tries to Suplex me,but I elbow my way out,spin behind him,slam my Forearm into his back,then pick him up,deliver a Backbreaker,then hold on,pick him back up,and deliver a second Backbreaker.Remembering how I won the title,I set him for a Boston Crab,but he scoots through my legs as the crowd chants "KO-KO!KO-KO!".Koko leaps on the ropes,then leaps back at me,twisting in mid-air into a Body Press,as he hits me I roll through with the move and end up on top,the ref counts but I only get two.I go for a Rude Awakening on the stunned Koko,but he slips out of my grip and puts me on his shoulder.He starts to run but I twist and slide off his shoulder down his back,grabbing a Sleeper on the way.We are near the ropes and before the Sleeper takes effect he grabs them.The ref deamns a clean break and I hold my hands up in a clean break...then cheap shot Koko with a Kick to the Gut,then twist him into The Rude Awakening..I make the arrogant cover,holding my fingers in the air and counting with the ref...but Koko gets a shoulder up at the last second...I get in the Jerry Calhoun's face,protesting the count as the fans boo loudly,then cheer as Koko gets fired up me and nails me with shots while I am distracted.Koko tries to Dropkick me while I am stunned but I step back and he lands hard on his back;I leap on him on apply the Boston Crab,the crowd boos loudly and I stretch him,but Koko manages to hang in there until I release the hold.As he comes back up,I rake his eyes,then hit a good hard punch to the jaw while he is blinded,Koko goes down hard and I make the cover,earning a three count.The crowd is going pretty wild as Jimmy Hart hits the ring and we celebrate,we have to stay inside the ring for a minute or two before they calm back down. [B]Rick Rude def. Koko Ware via Pinfall(Knock Out Punch) in 12:20 to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship[/B] [B]Rating: A[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Dutch Mantell & Robert Gibson def. The Zambuie Express Spoiler def. Bobby Fulton Ricky Morton def. Bobby Eaton Bill Dundee def. Terry Taylor to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title The Fabulous Ones def. Lanny Poffo & Randy Savage to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team Titles Attendance: 211 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] CSTATE: Marty Jannetty def. Roger Kirby for the Central States TV Title

[B][U]Sunday,Week 3,May 1983:[/U][/B] Today,is the day of MSW's monthly Supershow in the New Orleans Superdome;I promised Bill Watts I would make myself available today,when I discussed it with Eddie Graham he let me go without a hassle,for some reason I think he was glad he didn't have to pay me today. As I walked into the Superdome to prepare for the show,I just couldn't get over the size of the place,it was huge inside and I couldn't believe we'd actually be wrestling in front of that many people.A scan of the card tonight reveals I will be teaming with Rip Rogers,once again against the formidable combination of "Hacksaw" Butch Reed and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan....we did manage to pull one out against them,could I hope for a repeat,evening the series in front of all these people? [B][U]Match 17: The Convertible Blondes vs. The Hacksaws[/U][/B] As soon as the bell rings,Duggan is across the ring and pounding with Rip with Punches and Kicks,there is a moment of hope as Rip slips a Punch to apply a Standing Arm Bar,but Duggan is quickly out and hammering away again,finally a Standing Axe Handle knocks Rip to the mat.Duggan is all over Rip with the Grounded Front Facelock,he goes to hit Rip but Rip manages to push him off,sprint over,and tag me in.Duggan charges us,it turns out to be a mistake as we meet him with a swift kick,then both lift him up and over with a Tag Double Suplex.I know I need to slow this thing down some so I get on Duggan with a Grounded Side Headlock and squeeze for almost a minute before Duggan manges to wriggle free of my grip.Duggan goes for the tag but I catch his foot and drag him back.The crowd erupts into boos and I turn to yell back at them,when I turn back to kick Duggan he dives out of the way and tags Reed.The crowd cheers as Ree charges in and immediately hammers me with punches,grabs a Headlock then punches me in the face,then works a Hammerlock before going back to punches and kicks.He plants me with a Clubbing Blow and drops a Grounded Double Axe Handle on me,he tries a second one but I roll away,tag Rip,then tie Reed's arms up.Reed overpowers me by pulling the other way so hard I fly through the ropes,then lauches a Punch at Rip,but Rip ducks then applies a Standing Side Headlock for 30 seconds before pulling Reed to the mat with a handful of hair,then holding on in a Grounded Side Headlock.The crowd really gets on Rip for using the hair to take Reed down,Rip just sneers at them until Reed slips free and they brawl.A quick exchange sees Reed miss wildly with a Forearm,allowing Rip to Bodyslam him and re-apply the Grounded Side Headlock.Evenutally Reed gets enough room to slide his head free and begins hitt Rip with hard shots.Once again,he plants Rip with a Clubbing Blow,then drops a Grounded Double Axe Handle...and once again a second Double Axe Handle misses as Rip rolls away,tags me,then holds Reed while I get in a few free shots.I punch him on the ground,then pick him up for a Suplex but he catches me with a kick,then punches away until duck a Punch and floor him with a Clothesline.I go back to the Grounded Side Headlock but Reed slips free,and stuns me with a Standing Axe Handle,then makes the tag to Duggan,drawing cheers.Duggan Tries to choke me on the ground but I quickly make the ropes to force a break,then rake his eyes when he backs up and scoop him into a Backbreaker.I go back to the Side Headlock until he weakens,then pick him up into a Back Suplex and slam his face off the mat twice before I begin Punching him on the ground.I grab a Side Headlock,slip some Brass Knuckles from my tights, and rake Duggan's eyes with them.I pick Duggan up as the crowd yells foul and apply a Bear Hug;I squeeze and squeeze but Duggan will not quit so I switch up to a wastlock,then lift him in a Gutwrench into a Backbreaker.I go for a Boston Crab but Duggan kicks me off,he launches a Standing Double Axe Handle but I step in and block it,then grab his hand and use his momentum to pull him into a Short Arm Clothesline.Duggan fights his way back but when tries to Clothesline me I duck,grab him,and apply The Rude Awakening,I cover and Duggan barely kicks out.In frustration i take a shot at Duggan's jaw and it hits home hard,he crumples and I cover,just before 3 Reed gets in and shoves me off.Duggan gets up and we brawl for a moment until I land a Kick to the Gut,then go behind and apply the Sleeper;i squeeze but Duggan won't give up so I twist him around and set a Piledriver but he backdrops out,gets a running start and tries to boot me in the head but I duck,kick him in the Gut and Piledive him,I cover but he kicks out after two.I go for another Rude Awakening but Duggan shoves me off and we go into a series of blocking each others Punches until Duggan fakes me out,stuns me with a Punch and runs to his corner,I dive and barely knock him down before he can tag Reed.We are both down and the ref begins the 10 count;I manage to make it up first and slug Duggan.At this point Rip makes a commotion which draws the ref's attention.While his back is turned I kick Duggan in the gut,then slip my Brass Knuckles out my tights,put them on,and blast Duggan right in the face;Duggan goes down and the fans begin screaming as I put away my Brass Knuckles,point to my head with my index finger to indicate just how smart I am,then make an arrogant cover.Rip redirects the ref to the action and he makes the count;I hold my hand in the air,holding up one,two,then three fingers,m the match is over and we have evened the series.Duggan lays there unconscious as Rip comes in celebrate with me,we make sure to go 'over the top' with our antics as Duggans lays there out cold...a good number of the fans hollered but they didnt go as wild as yesterday's match,though I did see a few appluading for us. [B]he Convertible Blondes def. The Hacksaws via Pinfall(Brass Knuckles Punch) in 21:10[/B] [B]Rating: B[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Rick Steiner & Steve Williams def. The Blade Runners Buddy Landell def. Terry Taylor Magnum T.A. & Crusher Darsow def. Ted Dibiase & Mr.Olympia Junkyard Dog def. Jim Garvin to retain the North American Heavyweight Title Attendance: 2,412 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW: Road Warrior Hawk & Arn Anderson def. Bruno Sammartino,Jr. & Rick Martel,Road Warrior Animal & Jake"The Snake"Roberts def. Bob & Brad Armstrong at May's Omni Spectacular CSW: Mr.Hito def. Dynamite Kid for the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Title at CSW's May Spectacular IWA: Jos LeDuc def. Dino Bravo for the International Heavyweight Title HCW: Shawn Michaels def. The Snowman for the Houston TV Title

[B][U]Monday,Week 4,May 1983:[/U][/B] I head back to Memphis for CWA's weekly show at the Mid-South Colisseum and I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty good about my recent turn around;it looks like my stock has gone up after those big 2 wins over the Hacksaws;If I can keep it up I'll be moving up the card in a month or two.It looks like Exotic Adrian was right on with his advice,I am not tiring so quickly anymore and I don't get tied up in knots on the mat quite as badly now. After my usual morning workout routine,I prepare myself then head down to the arena so I can get there before too many fans show up;they have a habit of throwing rocks at the heels on their way in,there have even been a few brawls and attempted stabbings.I check the card and tonight I will be going against Koko's ex-partner and former PYT'er Norvell Austin in a rare "Heel vs.Heel",non-title matchup;it will be interesting to see what kind of match I can have with the more experienced of the former tag team oartners. [B][U]Match 18: Rick Rude vs. Norvell Austin:[/U][/B] The bell rings and we feel each other out;Norvell suprises me with his speed and get an Arm Wringer,then takes it into a Standing Side Headlock,then a Front Facelock and squeezes before hammering me with Punches and Forearms.I manage to trap his Punch and take it into a Standing Arm Bar,then reach around into a Standing Side Headlock then grinding with a Wrenching Side Headlock before lifting him up,holding him on my shoulder my a few seconds,and Bodyslamming him.I back to the Headlock on the mat for 30 seconds before he does a headstand,then kicks back,giving him the leverage to slip free and stand up.He reaches across to grab my arm,when he tries to twist,I outmuscle him,then scoop him with my arm into a Backbreaker.I slam his head into the mat then punch him twice .He fights his way back to his feet and tries to hit me but I hit a fast Bionic Elbow before his blow reaches me and he goes down.I fall on him with a Grounded Double Axe Handle,then go for the Posing Elbow Drop,but he moves and as I lay there clutching my arm,he begins punching and kicking me on the mat,then puts me in a Rear Chinlock.He drags me to the ropes and uses them to assist his boot in choking,then pins my arm,I react by using my free hand to trip him,I grab his arm and twist but he rolls through with the move and launches a punch at me.I duck and connect with a Big Roundhouse Punch,he goes down and I try to slam his face off the mat but he blocks it,twists,lifts me,and drops me stomach first across the top rope.The ref warns him as he grabs the rope and uses it propel himself upward into a high knee drop to the back of my head.He backs up and runs at me as i rise but I sidestep,grab him in a waistlock,and deliver a Double Backbreaker,then slam his face into the mat.I drop the Seated Hammer on,then as I raise my arm to do it again,he jumps to his feet,grabs my other arm in a Hammerlock and drives me arm first into the corner.He ****s his fist and takes a wild swing at me,but I duck and he spins around,ending with his back to me;I grab him from behind and lift him in a Back Suplex into the Turnbuckle.While he is slumped in the corner I take opportunity to mock and old babyface spot by climbing on top of him and delivering 10 punches to his head as I count along to myself,causing him to stagger on fall down.I kneel down beside him,grab him by the hair,and deliver a flurry of punches to the face,drawing a stern scolding from referee Paul Morton.I pick him and deliver a series of Punches and Kicks;Norvell is weak and I can sense this one has swung fully into my favor,so I go for the Rude Awakening,he shoves me off and I land in the ropes.He quickly recovers and tries to tie me up in the ropes but I slide my arm free and go for a kick,he swats my foot aside and goes for a Hammerlock,I quickly reverse into my own Hammerlock,I grab him in a Headlock to set for a Bulldog,he elbows free and takes a wild swing at me,I slip it and smack him in the face with my Forearm which stuns him,I grab and twist him around and deliver the Rude Awakening.I sneer and yell at the fans before making the arrogant cover for a three count.The ref raises my hand in victory;although most of the fans watched the whole match and did not heckle us,they did look a little bored. [B]Rick Rude def. Norvell Austin via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 10:50[/B] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] The Zambuie Express def. Koko Ware & Bobby Fulton Randy Savage & Lanny Poffo def. Bill Dundee & Ricky Morton Dutch Mantell & Terry Taylor def. The Midnight Express Spoiler & Steve Keirn def. Robert Gibson & Jerry Lawler(Oh,that crazy Memphis booking...) Austin Idol def. Phil Hickerson Ken Patera def. Stan Lane to retain the AWA International Title Attendance:2,008 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] ASW: Randy Rich def. Terry Adonis for the All-Star TV Title In other news,Maple Leaf Wrestling appears to be making a push to establish its dominance on the Canadian wrestling scene;Having already coming to an agreement with top AWA star Hulk Hogan,promoter Frank Tunney today announced that top MACW talent Roddy Piper and top AWA/MACW talent and legend Wahoo McDaniel have also agreed to begin appearing at MLW shows.

[B][U]Tuesday,Week 4,May 1983:[/U][/B] I am feeling pretty good about myself I head down to Florida for CWF's weekly house show;I'm finally starting to make an impression in this part of the country due to my recent string on wins,drawing more boos than I was just a few weeks ago.I get there early and take good long run on the beach;I've been really working on my cardiocascular conditioning recently and it is starting to pay off now;I can tell I don't get tired so fast in the ring. After my run,I drive to the arena to check in and warm up;tonight I'll be facing Brad Armstrong in a lower card match.Brad is the son of Bob Armstrong,a somewhat famous wrestler in this area and especially in Tennesse and Alabama, Brad has a reuptation for being to able to put on a decent match with almost any opponent,a reputation which I am also starting to earn after my encounters with Koko Ware and Art Crews,so this should be interesting...... [B][U]Match 19: Rick Rude vs. Brad Armstrong:[/U][/B] We circle each other,holding our hands up to call for a lock up but we are both tentative,eventually Brad slides in quickly and tries to wrap his arm around my head but I spin away,then wrap him up in a Front Facelock.I go to work on him with Forearms,then grab his arm and Kick him in the Gut;I hold on and as he reels forward I pul him toward me an deliver a Short Arm Back Elbow.I Punch him twice on the mat then drop down and try to apply a Grounded Side Headlock but he jerks himself backwards,ending up behind me.He draws his arm back to hit me and when he does I take advantage,quickly spinning behind him,I go for a Backbreaker but he uses his leg to block it,I kick his leg from under him and as he starts to fall backwards,lift him into a Backbreaker,then sneer at him and the crowd.I go to the mat with him and apply a Grounded Side Headlock for 30 seconds,then pop back up to punch him and Slam his face off the mat.I stand,take up a muscular pose,then drop an elbow and for the first time in a week,it rams home cleanly.I get back up and take up position behind Brad,the fans boos loudly in an effort to distract me and some shout warnings to Brad as I slowly stalk him,run a few steps,and plant a hard kick to the back of his head;He falls back to the mat and I quickly reach down,grab him by the hair and land a flurry of Punches to his face as he lays helpless.Bill Alfonso gets on my case about grabbing his hair and using a closed fist,so I gently move him aside,pat him on the head in a condescending manner,then pick Brad up in a Gutwrench,which I turn into a Backbreaker.He is down and clutching his back,I see the weakness,turn him over into a Boston Crab,and begin wreching his back,the ref checks and even after 30 seconds Brad refuses to quit.He gets fired up and starts summoning the strength to turn himself back over,I strain aginst him and the crowd cheers his efforts as he gets himself onto his back and kicks me off;he runs at me but I duck,scoop him onto my shoulders,then lift him up high over my head in a Press Slam,he slams to the mat hard,I stop,flex my arm,and point to it while yelling at the crowd before picking him back up and slowly twisting him into the Rude Awakening.I slowly rise and give the crowd my best sneer before making the arrogant cover and counting along with ref as he counts three.The are a few boos and cheers,but I have the feeling it was because they were glad the match was over;even though it was short,there were a few "BORING!" chants throught.I guess I can't blame them being as Brad didn't get a single offensive move in the entire match;I really expected a much tougher fight from him. [B]Rick Rude def. Brad Armstrong via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 4:30[/B] [B]Rating: D[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Terry Allen def. Mike Davis B.Brian Blair def. Black Bart Ron Bass def. Mike Rotundo Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze def. Barry Windham & Scott McGhee Dusty Rhodes def. Adrian Street Bob Roop def. Angelo Mosca Superstar Billy Graham def. Blackjack Mulligan to retain the Floride Heavyweight Title Attendance: 2,348 [B]No Other News Today[/B]

• 2 weeks later...
[B][U]Wednesday,Week 4,May 1983:[/U][/B] When I arrive at the arena for MSW's weekly house show,Bill Watts takes me aside and talks to me;he tells me that due to using so much top end talent tonight that I will not be needed for the show.I am a little bummed out since The Convertible Blondes were starting to get a little momentum and I tell Watts as much,he appreciates my straightforwardness and tells me not to worry,he'll use me soon enough;it doesn't really satisfy me but I let it drop for the sake of my career and sit down to watch the matches. [B][U]On The Card Tonight:[/U][/B] Art Crews def. Blade Runner Rock Ted DiBiase & Mr.Olympia def. The Hacksaws Lord Humongous def. Rick Steiner to retain the Lousiana State Championship Junkyard Dog def. Buddy Landell [B]Jim Garvin def. Magnum T.A. for the Mid-South T.V. Title[/B] King Kong Bundy & Kamala def. Steve Williams & Terry Taylor Attendance: 2,699 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW: Road Warrior Animal & Larry Zybysko def. The Dogs of War, Road Warrior Hawk def. Bob Armstrong AJPW: Candi Devine def. Jaguar Yokota for the All Japan Womens Title UWA: Villano III & Fuerza Guerrera def. Double Trouble(Robo Rubio & Super Kendo) for the UWA World Tag Team Titles

[B][U]Friday,Week 4,May 1983:[/U][/B] Today is the weekly MSW TV taping but it is also the night for CWA's monthly Supershow,The Night of Champions.I think I owe CWA since they were the ones to give me my first break into wrestling and besides,I was still a little bugged by Wednesday's "no booking" so I call up Bill Watts and tell him I can't make the TV taping this week,then head over to the Mid-South Colliseum and check in;I'll be defending my Mid-America Title once again against my most persistent challenger,Koko Ware.We've put on some great matches in the past,I hope we can pull out another good one for the "Big Show". [B][U]Match 20:Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Championship:[/U][/B] We come to the center in a Collar and Elbow Tie Up,i slip to the side and try to Arm Bar him but he blocks me,so I step in front and reach behind to Snp Mare him but he twists out of my grasp and shoots a Forearm at the back of my head;I duck under and behind him,then apply a Hammerlock.With Koko's arm pinned behind him,I sneer and yell insults at him before hitting him in the back of the head with my forearm,then scooping him into a Backbreaker.I punch him on the ground several times before going to the Grounded Side Headlock,eventually he tucks his chin in and slides his head out of my grip and stands,then grabs my arms and wrings it.He puts me in a side headlock and takes me over to the mat,as he holds my leg and raises his knee to strike it,I roll under and end up behind him.I lift him up and go to grab his tights but he spins and tries to grab my head on the way by,I duck and throw a kick at him but he spins away from it and puts me in a Standing Side Headlock.He takes a wild swing at me,which I duck,then begin hammering him with Forearms.I try to lift him up but he punches free;a second punch just grazes my shoulder and leaves him off balance,I respond with a Bionic Elbow that sends him to the mat,then grab him by the head and slams his face on the mat twice,then pose and drop an elbow but I get nothing but mat.As I lay there clutching my arm,he begins punching me and punctuates it with an Elbow Drop,he locks on the Grounded Arm Bar for a few seconds until I get my free hand up and shove him off of me.We go back to a Collar and Elbow,I go for an Arm Bar but he punches me with the other hand,then ducks into a Fireman's Carry Takedown.He takes over on the mat with a Grounded Hammerlock,then an Inside Toe Hold before pinning my leg to the mat,kicking up into handstand,and driving his knees into it twice.He follows with a Hamstring Pull Face Stomp and Jimmy Hart can see I am in trouble,he gets on the apron and yells at Koko,he goes over and takes a poke at Jimmy,but that allows me to recover,rush him,and grab him in a Hammerlock and squeeze until his momentum has died.I lift him up and Back Suplex him to the mat,then grab his head but he pries my hands off him,keeps hold of my arm,then leaps onto the ropes and back onto my arm in a Knee Arm Driver.He hit a Handstand Knee Drive to the Arm,he goes for it again but I roll away and recover.I lift him for a slam but he twists up and grabs my head in a Spinning Head Scissors,he grabs my foots but I kick him off and recover.I take a swing at him but he ducks,leaps,and gives me a Spinning Head Scissors,the backs up and drops a hard Running Elbow on me,he makes the cover,I kick out just after two.He tries to put me on his shoulder but I wriggle off and try to hit him,he blocks my efforts to brawl and leaps up for a Dropkick but I sidestep and he lands square on his back.I go to grab his legs for a Boston Crab but he scoots through and rolls away.He runs and leaps into a High Cross Body and again I sidestep and he lands hard on the mat,I grab his legs and this time turn him over into a Boston Crab,I sit down on his back and wrench,but he will not give up.I release the hold and pick him back up by his head,deliver a sharp Kick to the Gut,then deliberately turn him,and drop into a Rude Awakening.As the move lands I sneer and make an arrogant cover,the crowd erupts into a chorus of boos and profanity as Paul Morton makes the three count and raises my hand in victory.It wasn't our greatest match ever but it was certainly a good one,the crowd really got into it at the end. [B]Rick Rude def. Koko Ware via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 12:20 to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Rating: B[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Bobby Fulton & Robert Gibson def. The Zambuie Express Ricky Morton & Dutch Mantell def. The Midnight Express Bill Dundee def. The Spoiler Jerry Lawler def. Austin Idol The Fabulous Ones def. Randy Savage & Lanny Poffo to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team Titles Attendance: 2,155 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [B]Thursday:[/B] WCCW signs Tommy Rich, Magic Dragon & Buddy Roberts def. Kamala & The Missing Link for the WCCW Texas Tag Team Titles [B]Friday:[/B] MSW: Terry Taylor & Crusher Darsow def. Steve Williams & Rick Steiner, Tim Horner def. Lord Humongous for the Lousiana State Championship MLW: Tiger Jeet Singh def. David Sammartino for the NWA Canadian TV Title

• 2 weeks later...
[B][U]Saturday,Week 4,May 1983:[/U][/B] It has been a treat for me as I have been able to sleep in my own bed for two nights in a row so I am feeling pretty energetic this morning;I do my usual workout then head over to the Memphis TV Studios for this weeks taping of CWA All Stars.I read the run down for the program this week;it looks like I will be teaming with one of CWA's top names in Austin Idol and CWA mainstay Phil Hickerson against young Bobby Fulton,long time CWA wrestler and tag team partner of Phil Hickerson,The Spoiler;their partner will be THE man to beat in Memphis,long time fan favorite and top draw Jerry"The King" Lawler.This is the first time I will be in there with anyone of Main Event caliber,and I will be working with two of them tonight!A good performance could really get me noticed,so I hope everything goes well... [B][U]Match 21:Austin Idol,Rick Rude,& Phil Hickerson vs. Jerry "The King"Lawler,Bobby Fulton, & The Spoiler:[/U][/B] Idol and Lawler start it off;they waste no time and get right down to brawling,pounding each other with Punches,Kicks,and Forearms.Lawler slips a Punch and grabs a Standing Side Headlock,then plants a hard Punch on Idol's jaw.Lawler wrings Idol's arm then goes back to the Side Headlock,then decides that's enough wrestling for now and they go back to brawling.Idol takes over with a Kick to the Gut after ducking a Lawler Punch,then seizes the advantage while Lawler is doubled up to drop him with a Sidebreaker.Idol takes the opportunity to soften up Lawler's leg with a series of Elbow Drops to the Knee;At the commentary table Lance Russell notes that Idol is concentrating on the leg Lawler broke a few years back which not have healed properly,to set him up for his Las Vegas Leglock.Idol slams Lawler's face into the mat,then backs up for a Running Kick;Lawler sees it and moves but stands up right into a Big Roundhouse Punch.Idol sets another Running Kick and again Lawler dodges but this time manages to grab Idol's arm and wring it before going to the Front Facelock.Lawler tries to kick Idol but he grabs his leg,lift him upside down,and tosses him to the mat with a Bodyslam,then decks Lawler with a hard right hand as he lays there.Idol gets Lawler's leg pinned down,the crowd comes out of the seat screaming when he indicates he is about to stomp Lawler's "bad" leg,but Lawler squirms free and makes the diving tag to Bobby Fulton.The crowd cheers as Fulton charges in and leaps with both feet at Idol,but Idol slaps the attempted Dropkick away and catches Fulton in a Front Facelock;as he squeezes I threaten to get in the ring,as the ref comes over to make I stay outside,Idol rakes Fulton's eyes,then takes him over with a Gutwrench Suplex.Idol goes to drop an elbow on Fulton's leg,but Fulton pushes him off with his free foot,then gets up and hits idol with a weak looking chop.Idol just sneers at Fulton's weak attempt at offense,then levels him with a Knife Edge Chop of his own before grabbing him in a Bear Squeeze.Idol begins working Fulton's leg with Elbow Drops to the Knee,then Punches him on the ground and stops to flex at the crowd,which is booing him heavily.As he flexes,Fulton scoots between his legs and makes a run for his corner but Idol turns and catches him with a Forearm,then steps back and nails him with a Big Kick to the Head.Idol goes for his trademark Las Vegas Leglock but Fulton sqiurms away,and goes to work with a series a quick Arm Wringers into a Standing Arm Bar;Fulton even manages to land an effective Punch before Idol slips a Front Facelock and delivers a vicious Double Backbreaker.Idol manages to get the Las Vegas Leglock but is too close to the ropes,Fulton grabs them forcing a break.Idol goes for a Bear Hug as Fulton gets up but Fulton punches out.Idol quickly takes back over with hard Punches and Kicks,then locks in the Big Bear Hug,Fulton is on obvious pain but after a minute summons the strength to break Idol's grip with a series of Forearms.Idol and Fulton exchange shots until Idol gets a off balance after a wild swing,allowing Fulton to make a diving tag to Spoiler.Spoiler comes in and lands a flurry of Punches but Idol ducks a Forearm,shoves Spoiler to the ground,and makes the tag to me.I step towards Spoiler for a standard Collar and Elbow Tie Up,but he cheap shots me with a Punch,I am stunned but manage to duck a second Punch and put him in a Front Facelock before firing back with Punches and Kicks.I pull him into a Short Arm Back Elbow then Punch him on the ground before applying a Grounded Side Headlock,then slamming his face into the mat twice.I hit Spoiler with the Seated Hammer and the crowd erupts into boos,I give them my best arrogrant look and shout something about "Ugly,Out-Of-Shape,Memphis Morons" before picking Spoiler up into a Back Suplex.I slam Spoiler's face into the mat;some guy in the front is really getting on me so I turn to him,tell him to shut up while I show his wife what a real man looks like,and break into my Ravishing Dance,which gets me some good boos.In the meantime,Spoiler has regained his feet;he spins me,Kicks me in the Gut,and puts me in a Front Facelock.He throws a slow,heavy Forearms at me and I lean away,it grazes me slightly and he ends up off balance;I quickly give him a little shove so he ends up facing away from me,lift him onto my shoulder,take a few steps back,and Back Suplex him into the Turnbuckle.Jerry Calhoun gets in my face about the rules and I brush past him,but he held me up long enough that Spoiler has slipped by us and tagged in Lawler.Lawler tries to wring my arm;I reverse it into an Arm Wringer Takedown.I Punch him on the ground and slam his face into the mat before grabbing a Grounded Side Headlock,I manage to hang on for 40 seconds before Lawler regains his feet and reverses into a Front Facelock.It goes right to a slugfest,which I win by countering his Punch with a Bionic Elbow.I go back to the Grounded Side Headlock,this time for 30 seconds before Lawler powers free and slugs me with a hard Punch,he goes for a second Punch but I duck,make the corner,and tag in Idol,drawing a chorus of boos.Idol floors Lawler with a Big Roundhouse Punch,but Lawler is right back up with a Standing Arm Bar,then puts Idol in a Hammerlock and drives him into the corner,mounts him,and punches Idol in the face 10 times as the crowd counts along.Lawler tries to grab Idol but he fights his way back up and drops Lawler with a Backbreaker.Idol goes for an Elbow Drop but Lawler rolls away,Lawler tries pick Idol for an Atomic Drop but Idol blocks him,then turns,scoops Lawler upside down for a few seconds, and plants him with a thuderous Giant Killer Bodyslamm.Idol drops an Elbow on Lawler's Knee and grabs his leg to apply the Las Vegas Leglock,but Lawler kicks him off and tries to go to the crowd,but Idol cuts him off with a punch,he goes to lift Lawler,but Lawler Kicks him in the Gut,then lands a flurry of Punches,puts Idol's head between his legs for a Jumping Standing Head Scissors before landing a nasty Seated Bionic Elbow,then tagging in Spoiler.Immediately Spoiler pins Idol's leg and begins stomping his knee and tearing at his face.Jimmy Hart tries to distract Spoiler,but Spoiler simply decks him then drags Idol over to the ropes and delivers a Rope Assisted Knee Drop.Spoiler goes to rub his face into the mat,but Idol powers back to his feet and applies a Front Facelock until Spoiler punches free.Spoiler tries to get Idol tied in the ropes but Idol slips away and heads for our corner,Spoiler cuts him off with a Waistlock,but Idol pries Spoiler's grip loose and makes it over to tag Hickerson.Hickerson is in and right away lifts Spoiler into a Double Backbreaker,he goes for The Boston Crab but Spoiler gets away and applies a Hammerlock.Spoiler throws a wild Forearm which Hickerson swats away,then plants Spoiler with a Clubbing Blow,he then sets Spoiler for The Boston Crab but Spoiler manages to make the ropes,forcing a break.Hickerson goes for a Bear Hug but Spoiler rakes his eyes then Suplexes him and slams his face into the mat.Spoiler goes for another Rope Assisted Knee Drop but Hickerson rolls clear at the last second and Spoiler hits the mat hard,letting Hickerson get on top and Choke him.Hickerson picks him up and administers another Big Bear Hug,and again Spoiler will not submit.It goes to an odd sequence where Spoiler and Hickerson attempt to brawl but neither man can land a shot until finally Hickerson stuns Spoiler with a Headbutt and limps over to tag me in.I can see Spoiler is VERY weak so I blitz him with a barrage of Forearms and Punches before twisting him into The Rude Awakening;the crowd comes out of their seats screaming as I make my trademark arrogant cover and get the 3 count for the win;the fans begin loudly booing and throwing things at us in the ring,we have to stick around for a few minutes until they have calmed down before making our way to the back. [B]Austin Idol,Rick Rude, & Phil Hickerson def. Jerry Lawler,Bobby Fulton, & The Spoiler via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 37:00[/B] [B]Rating: A[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Kareem Muhammad def. Terry Taylor Ricky Morton def. Dennis Condrey Bill Dundee def. Dutch Mantell to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight Title The Fabulous Ones def. Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team Titles Attendance: 2,126 [B][U]In Other News:[/U][/B] WCCW: Chris Adams & Iceman King Parsons def. The North-South Connection(Adrian Adonis & Dick Murdoch) for the WCCW American Tag Team Titles at the Parade of Champions Supershow in front of 19,848 fans. GCW: The Road Warriors def. Ole Anderson & Mr.Wrestling II to retain the National Tag Team Titles. PNW: Matt Borne def. Al Madril for the PNW Heavyweight Title at the annual PNW Anniversary Show. HCW: King Kong Bundy def. Shawn Michaels for the Houston TV Title at HCW's monthly Sam Houston Coliseum Supershow.

• 2 weeks later...
[B][U]Sunday,Week 4,May 1983:[/U][/B] CWF is taping their TV show on location from the Ohio Valley this week;I guess Eddie Graham took notice of GCW's recent tours of the area and decided since it lies in a sort of a promotional "No Man's Land" where noone is reaaly running shows he should get try and establish himself there as well.It makes a shorter trip for me as I can easily drive up to the arena.I check in and today I will be facing another wrestler on the low midcard,the skilled B.Brian Blair.We won't be allotted a very much time;As I head to the ring,I hope that we can put together something decent. [B][U]Match 22: Rick Rude vs. B.Brian Blair:[/U][/B] The bell rings and we open with a standard Collar and Elbow Tie Up,we trade a few forearms until Blair takes the advantage by blocking my Forearm Blow and firing back with a Forearm/European Uppercut combo,which stuns my long enough from him to grab me in a Headlock and take me over to the mat,then drive his knee into my leg.He tries to put me in a Head Scissors but I grab his legs and pry them apart enough to slide myself free.As we come back up,I grab a Standing Side Headlock and squeeze for 30 seconds,then begin really wrenching the hold before taking him over to the mat.The fans don't seem too happy that I just matched Blair hold for hold as I punch him while he lays on the mat.I pose for the crowd and drop an elbow but he rolls away and I crash arm first to the mat;as I lay there clutching my arm he grabs my leg but I use the other one to kick him away then stand and hook him up in a Suplex before he can recover.I get in a few stomps before measuring him for a Kick to the Back then pick him up,nail him in the back of the head with my forearm,then lift him up and drive him over my knee in a Backbreaker.I move in for a Rear Chinlock but as I do he counters with a Go Behind then Dropkicks me into the corner.He then backs up,takes a running start and lands a hard Corner Dropkick on me then sends me down,then grabs my leg,kicks up into a Handstand and drives his Knee into it.He gets a running start and drops the elbow but I move and he lands hard.I leap on him and try to capitalize with an Arm Bar but he counters by turning in before i have it locked,then swing him feet up around my head and taking me over with a Spinning Head Scissors.He tries another Handstand Knee Drive but this time I roll away;However,he manages to twist in mid-air so he lands on his feet then leap up and take me over with another Spinning Head Scissors.He tries to grab me on the mat but I catch him with a cheap punch;I take too long getting back to my feet though,he recovers and nails me with a Rapid Fire series of Dropkicks.As I rise,he tries to go behind me but I shove him away and when comes in again lock on a Front Facelock.I squeeze until finally Blair twists him enough to wriggle free of my grip;he tries to go behind me again and again I shove him away before he can,when I comes at me again I kick him in the gut and go to lift him up,but as I lift he uses the momentum to propel himself upwards and nail me with a Dropkick,sending me to the mat.As I lay there,he grabs my legs and turns me over in a Boston Crab;the pressure on my back is intense and painful,but I manage to tough it out until he rolls me back over and grabs my leg to apply some sort of leglock.As he steps over my leg,I use the other one to push him off,then rise and pick him up from behind before he can turn.As I have him on my shoulder,I sneer and shout at the crowd while slowly walking to the corner,turning,then taking him over in a Back Suplex into the Turnbuckle.The crowd begins booing and Bill Alfonso starts yelling at me about the rules,but I brush him off and go over to the corner,grab the rope used for tag team matches,and choke Blair while Alfonso administers the 5 count.I break at 4,drag Blair into the middle of the ring,give him a slow dliberate twist,then drop him with The Rude Awakening.I make make the arrogant cover,raising my right hand in the air to signal 1,2,and then 3 along with Alfonso.An alright "prelim" match I guess,though the crowd seemed pretty bored through it. [B]Rick Rude def. B.Brian Blair via pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 9:00[/B] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [B]Mat Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Bobby Duncum def. Mike Rotundo to retain the Florida TV Title Ron Bass & Angelo Mosca def. Brad Armstrong & Terry Allen Superstar Billy Graham def. Barry Windham Dusty Rhodes & Blackjack Mulligan def. Kevin Sullivan & The Purple Haze to retain the Florida Tag Team Titles Attendance: 494 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW signs Bob Roop

[B][U]Monday,Week 1,June 1983:[/U][/B] CWA's weekly house show is on location in Pennsylvania this week;fortunately it is close enough for me to make the drive from Ohio.I check in and tonight I will be facing a veteran of a few years that Memphis fans are familiar with,Dennis Condrey,near the bottom of the card.Again,with not alot of time to work with I hope for a good showing. [B][U]Match 23: Rick Rude vs. Dennis Condrey:[/U][/B] The beel rings and we lock up;Condrey gets theadvantage and takes me over with a Snap Mare then hold on with a Grounded Side Headlock,then punches me on the mat.He goes to put his boot laces against my eyes but I grab his leg,trip him,and recover my footing.As he rises,I get him in a Front Facelock and slip in a cheap Forearm behind the ref's back before lifting him into a Bodyslam.I go for the Grounded Headlock but he catches me in the stomach with his elbow and gets up.He takes a step toward me and I plant him with a Dropkick then follow him down for a Grounded Side Headlock,then a Punch on the mat,frustrating him and drawing a few boos.I try to slam him to the mat but he stiffens up to block me,then throws a weak punch which barely grazes my side,I shake it off and respond with a Big Roundhouse Punch.I give him a Falling Fistdrop to the Forehead then pose and drop the elbow,but noone is home;he leaps on me before I can rise and hooks a Grounded Side Headlock,then punches me on the mat.He stands and leaps up in the air,trying to drive his knee into me,but I move and he hits the mat hard,knees first.I quickly stand and drive my knee into his leg twice before turning him over into a Boston Crab,I lean back and wrench for a good while before he manages to work a leg free a kick me off of him.We come to our feet and I catch him with a Bionic Elbow that sends him to the mat,I try to Stomp him but he twists away and gets me in a Front Facelock.As he has me held,I throw a punch to try and break free at the same time he tries to hit me with his Forearm,we are both dazed but I reocver first.I go to lift him over my shoulder but he uses the momentum to flip behind me and as I stand the confused,give me an Atomic Drop.I lay on the mat clutching and finally struggling to a seated position,where he greets me with a Bionic Elbow.He drags me to the ropes and uses them to propel himself upward for a Knee Drop.He holds on to the ropes and goes to choke me with his foot but I start slapping at his leg to keep it away,he gets tangled in the ropes;I get back up and end up behind him;I quickly turn back to back with him,reach over to grab his head,and snap him to the mat with a modified Rude Awakening.I grin widely as I stand up and point to my head with my index finger,letting everyone know I outsmarted Condrey before making the cover for the 3 count.The few fans who were not out at the concession stand let out some boos,but I think those were more from being bored and unhappy than into the match. [B]Rick Rude def. Dennis Condrey via Pinfall(Rude Awakening) in 6:10[/B] [B]Rating: D[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Phil Hickerson def. Bobby Fulton Bill Dundee,Austin Idol,& Spoiler def. Robert Gibson,Jerry Lawler,& Koko Ware The Zambuie Express vs. Dutch Mantell & Terry Taylor ended in a no contest Ken Patera def. Ricky Morton to retain the AWA International Title The Fabulous Ones def. Randy Savage & Lanny Poffo to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team Titles Attendance: 293 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] AGPW: Leo Burke def. The Spiler for the Martimes Championship Title G.L.O.W.: Team D.O.A.(Spanish Red&Palestina The Terrorist) def. The Cheerleaders for the G.L.O.W. Tag Team Titles

[B][U]Tuesday,Week 1,June 1983:[/U][/B] It's back home,sort of,as CWF is running a house show in St.Louis;I make the trip down and when I check in;I see I'll be facing Mike Graham tonight,in a prelim match,in a steel cage.Again we won't have alot of time to work and Mike,while being technically skilled in the ring,wrestles a more traditional style and is also the owner's son.I am pretty much hoping to just make it through this one without doing anything that might upset Eddie Graham. [B][U]Match 24: Ruck Rude vs. Mike Graham (Steel Cage Match):[/U][/B] The bell rings and we circle for a second or two,then dive right in and begin trading Forearm shots;I come out on the better end,back off,and hold my hand up to signal for a Test of Strength.Graham accepts and I get him down without too much effort,I stalk him and as he rises catches him in the gut with a Kick,then grab his free arm and pull him into a Knee Lift to the stomach which puts him down again.I flex for the crowd and drop an elbow onto his chest but a second elbow goes awry and he rolls away then quickly catches the arm I just smashed into the mat in a Grounded Hammerlock.He rolls me back over and drives a Knee into my leg,then does a Handstand and drives into a second Knee to the leg.He holds on to my leg but I use my other foot to kick him away,stand up,and wring his arm before giving him a Suplex.I try to slam his head into the mat but he twists out of my grip and stands back up;he makes a slight error though and stands up too close to me,before he can fully get his feet under him I put him in a Bear Hug and drive him back first into the Turnbuckle.I raise my elbow but as I bring it down to hit him he ducks out of the corner and I catch the pad.As I hold my arm he gets a running start and I turn toward him,drives a forearm into my chest,drawing cheers from the crowd.Again he does a Handstand and drives a Knee into my leg,then tries to hold on to do something else,but I kick him off with my free foot,this time I catch him in a Front Facelock.Eventually,he elbows free of my Facelock,then throws a Dropkick,but it is very weak and barely staggers me;as he gets back up,I again apply the Front Facelock,then switch to a side waistlock,lift him into a Gutwrench which I turn into a Backbreaker.Graham is starting to slow down quite a bit as is favoring his back now,I drop an Elbow on him,then turn him over into a Boston Crab to try and weaken his back some more.After 30 seconds I release the hold,then stalk him and plant a kick in his lower Back before picking him up and delivering a Double Backbreaker.Graham is down and clutching at his back;I sense the end is near,I pick him up,using the momentum to take him onto my shoulder in an Over the Shoulder Backbreaker.I apply as much pressure as I can before realeasing the hold;Graham falls to the canvas,mostly motionless.I take the opportunity to slowly climb up and over the cage,making it to the outside before he can regain enough strength to stand.Only a small handful of fans bothered to stay with us through this one and even then spent most of the time chanting "BOR-ING!BOR-ING!",we did the best we could but there just wasn't enough time to make it look good.I sure hope Eddie Graham doesn't hold it against me. [B]Rick Rude def. Mike Graham via Cage Escape in 5:50[/B] [B]Rating: E[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Mike Davis def. Scott McGhee Black Bart def. B.Brian Blair Ron Bass def. Brad Armstrong [B]Bob Roop def. Bobby Duncum for thr Florida TV Title[/B] Terry Allen def. Adrian Street Mike Rotundo def. Angelo Mosca Superstar Billy Graham def. Barry Windham to retain the Florida Heavyweight Title Dusty Rhodes & BlackJack Mulligan def. Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze to retain the Florida Tag Team Titles Attendance: 457 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] WWF:The United Forces (The Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff) def. The Wild Samoans for the WWF Tag Team Titles AJPW: Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody def. Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta for the NWA International Tag Team Titles

[B][U]Wednesday,Week 1,June 1983:[/U][/B] It's another field trip today as Bill Watts' Mid-South Wrestling is running a show in North Carolina;I make the drive over,work out,then hit the arena.I see I'll be partnering up with Rip Rogers in another match against The Hacksaws;a decent match and a big win would be nice but it will be tough winning over the Carolina crowd,they are much more used to the MACW roster than us. [B][U]Match 25: The Convertible Blondes vs. The Hacksaws:[/U][/B] The bell rings,Duggan and I start off;we immediately lock up in a Test of Strength and I take the advantage,forcing him to the mat.I catch him with a Punch on the mat and go for a Rear Chinlock but Duggan reaches over and grabs the ropes,forcing a break.I catch him with a Kick to the Gut as he stands,then pull him into a Short Arm Knee Lift,stunning Duggan long enough for me to pick him up and deliver a Backbreaker.I slam his face hard into the mat twice,then flex and drop an Elbow onto his chest.I can see he is weaking and I begin to stalk him;however,I misjudge how close he is to his corner,he quickly gets his feet under him and makes a diving tag to Reed.Reed hits the ring and catches me with a pair of hard right hands,then wrings my arm and pulls me into a Standing Side Headlock.Reed ges for a Suplex but I block it with an inside leg hook,then twist into a Side Headlock and take him over to the mat.I hold on to the Side Headlock on the ground and eventually Reed forces his way back up,but I keep control by clipping him with a cheap Forearm shot.I put him back in a Side Headlock,turn away out of the ref's sight,and slip in a cheap Punch to the Face.I hit him in the back of the head with my Forearm,then grab his tights and pull him into a second Forearm to the back.I whip him into the ropes and plant him with a Clothesline,then apply a Rear Chinlock,but when I go to slam his face into the mat he blocks me and comes back with a Standing Side Headlock.He switches to an Arm Wringer,then catches me with a hard Clubbbing Blow as the fans begin a chant of "HACK-SAW!HACK-SAW!".I fall to the mat and he catches me with a Grounded Double Axe Handle before locking on the Grounded Front Facelock,then slamming my face to the mat twice.Reed can feel things shift in his favor as he drops a Seated Hammer on me then drags me to the ropes for a Rope Assisted Boot Choke.He picks me up,then sends me back to the mat with a powerful Standing Double Axe Handle,but takes a little too long setting up a second Axe Handle on the ground,allowing to roll clear when he dives at me and make a tag to Rogers.Reed has only risen to one knee and we try to take advantage with double team Axe Handles but Reed shoves us both away and takes a wild swing at Rogers,who ducks under it then begins biting Reed on the Forehead,drawing a warning from the ref.It looks like Rip has snapped as rakes his boot laces across Reed's eyes and begins choking him,drawing another warning from the ref and a round of boos from the crowd.Rogers slams his face into the mat and Reed quickly slides away and stands backup.Reed is looking mad now,he rushes Rogers,but Rogers scoops him up and Bodyslams him,then slams his face into the mat again then starts tearing away at his mouth and eyes.Rogers goes to kick him on the mat but Reed scoots away,then stands and throws a kick of his own;Rogers catches his foot and quickly sets a Piledriver,but Reed grabs his legs to block it before Rogers can lift him,Rogers responds by going to the ropes to draw a break,then pushing Reed into the ropes which cause his arms to get tangled up,and takes advantage with a series of right hands.Rogers picks him up off the mat and goes for a Full Nelson but before he can lock it Reed twists around and turns it into a Standing Side Headlock.Rogers counters an Arm Wringer with a Punch and begin trading shots until Reed ducks a wild swing and Bodyslams Rogers.Reed goes for the Grounded Facelock but Rogers slides his head free,and throws a Forearms,which Reed checks,then scoops Rogers into another Bodyslam,then makes the tag to Duggan.Duggan comes in,grabs Rogers,and delivers an Arm Whips and a Clubbing Blow then tries to pull Rogers twoard him but Rogers turns it into a Front Facelock.Duggan powers free and drops Rogers with a Standing Double Axe Handle,then delivers a pair of Seated Hammers and a Rope Assisted Boot Choke.He measures Rogers for a Punch but Rogers scoots underneath it and tags me in.I take over with an Eye Rake an Forearm Blow,then lock in the Front Facelock to slow it down.Duggan's momentum falters and go for a Backbreaker but he blocka with an inside leg hook,grabs my arm and pulls me toward him but I slide between his legs,turn,and pick him up into a Back Suplex.I punch him on the mat,then grabs his legs and turn him over into a Boston Crab;I reaaly sit down into the hold but Duggan still has the strength to pull himself to the ropes with his arms,drawing the break.Duggan is slow to get up,using the ropes to help steay himself;I quicly move in,pick him up from behind,then turn and Back Suplex him into the Turnbuckle.I grab him by the head,take him to the opposit turnbuckle,and ram his head into it then charge at him but he meets me with a Running Clothesline which send me down.I am groggy on the mat and Duggan takes his time playing to the crowd before sauntering over to kick me;its is then I reveal I was just playing possum by springing up and catching Duggan over guard with a series of Punches,then twisting him around to deliver the Rude Awakening.I make the cover and just as I am about to get three,Reed runs in and stomps me to break the pin.While the ref is putting Reed out,I slip a chain from my tights and as the groggy Duggan rises,nail him in the face with it.I make the cover..1..2...Duggan kicks out!Before he can rise I grab him,put his head between my legs and Piledriver him,I make another cover,Duggan is out at 2 again!The crowd is screaming all sorts of profanities at me to try and distract me,but I blow them off and pick Duggan up for a second Rude Awakening,I make the cover and Reed comes in,he just barely breaks the pin before three!I am getting frustarated now,I let Duggan rise,then punch him in the face as hard as I can and make a cover..1....2....kick out right before three!I go to pick Duggan up agaiun but he fights his way up and pounds me with a series of shots until I duck a Punch and tag in Rogers;we try to double team Duggan but he slips aways from us and begins hammering Rogers with hard Punches;Rogers tries three times to put him away with a Full Nelson after slipping a Punch but each time Duggan breaks the hold with ease,then goes back to hard right hands.Soon Rogers is in big trouble;Duggan plants him with a Standing Axe Handle,then backs up and takes a three point stance,but instead of standing Rogers takes the opportunity to roll to the corner and tag me back in.Duggan comes out of his football stance and rushes across the ring to meet me;in desparation I throw a Right Cross as hard as I can,it is extremely well times and catches Duggan while he is still in a full run;his eyes go glassy and he crumples to the mat.I quickly dive on him for a cover...1....2....3!!!We pick up the win as the fans go nuts,pelting us repeatedly with soft drink cups and other debris as the ref raises our hands.A few fans even tried coming over the railing to get at us but thankfully the police got them down before they got far.We stay in the ring for a few minutes for fear of having a fan pull a knife or gun but they are not calming down....eventually additional police arrive and get us safely to the backstage area;we had to hang for out at the arena for two hours after the show was over just to be sure there were no irate fans waiting for us in the parking lot. [B]The Convertible Blondes def. The Hacksaws via Pinfal(Knock Out Punch) in 24:10[/B] [B]Rating: A+[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B]Psychology Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] The Blade Runners vs. Crusher Darsow & Dr.Death went to a double count out Mr.Olympia & King King Bundy def. Magnum T.A. & Jim Garvin Kamala def. Terry Taylor Junkyard Dog def. Ted DiBiase to retain the North American Heavyweight Title Attendance: 485 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] GCW: The Road Warriors def. The Dogs of War AJW: The Jumping Bomb Angels def. Mustumoto & Nagoya for the All Japan Women's Tag Team Titles UWA:Black Man def. Gran Apache for the UWA World Junior Lightwieght Title, Villano III def. Enrique Vera for the UWA World Middleweight Title Also,the AWA held their weekly house show in Lousiana this week;in what must have been an interesting 9and oddly booked) Main Event, Dick The Bruiser and Hulk Hogan defeated King Kong (Bruiser) Brody and Rick Martel.

[B][U]Friday,Week 1,June 1893:[/U][/B] After the near riot situation after the last match,I really got to thinking;I decided I needed to start planning for my future now in case something unfortunate should happen.I went to the bank and looked into investments,finally decided on a long term,low-yield one so that I would have some supplemental income should the worst occur.I also finished up the paperwork for a rather large loan I had applied for a week or two back;there was nice,modest size home in one of the nicer neighborhoods I had my eye on for a while plus I wanted to get myself a nicer car for driving around town being as fans tended to get upset and throw rocks at the car I was taking to the arena whenever I would win;it should just be a matter of time now before I can move in and drive my new car (Lifestyle chane to Comfortable). After that,I hop this morning's flight to Phoenix,the location of the next MSW show;tonight The Convertible Blondes will be taking on my very first MSW opponent,Art Crews,and accomplished amatuer talent turn pro,Rick Steiner.The say Steiner is skilled but can be a bit of a pain to work with;I hope it doesn't turn ugly. [B][U]Match 26: The Convertible Blondes vs. Art Crews & Rick Steiner:[/U][/B] Art and Rick are still huddled up to decide who will start as the bell rings,so Rip and I take advantage and ambush them;its mostly alot of shoving and jockeying for advantage until eventually the ref restores order by sending Rick and myself out the ring,leaving Rip to start with Art.They are alreay trading shots and Rogers takes over with a European Uppercut;he sets Crews for a Backbreaker but he elbows his way free and applies a Standing Arm Bar.Rogers reverses into a Hammerlock,Crews makes the ropes and goes for a Headlock,Rogers tries to counter by lift Crews into a Backbreaker with the Headlock still applied but Crews stops him from lifting with a Kick to the Gut.Crews grabs Rogers by the back of the head to deliver a Punch,but Rogers throws a quick European Uppercut,which stuns Crews,allowing Rogers to deliver a Backbreaker.Rogers slams Crews' face into the mat and begins rubbing his face into the mat,but Crews makes the ropes to force a break,then crawls over to tag Steiner.Steiner comes in like a house of fire,delivering hard Forearms before locking Rogers in Bear Squeeze.Rogers scrambles to his feet and runs for our corner,but Steiner cuts him off,then whips him into the ropes and delivers a Shoulder Tackle.Rogers is down and Steiner is feeling it,he picks Rogers up,whips him into the turnbuckles,then charges in to deliver a vicious Corner Clothesline.Rogers is down and hurt bad,and Steiner is all over him,picking him up and delivering a Face First Suplex,the ref starts his counts but Rogers is out at two.I guess that must have upset Steiner or something because he promptly picks Rogers up and throws him Over the Top Rope to the concrete floor in full view of the ref,drawing the DQ and ending the match early.Suffice it to say,the fans were NOT pleased. [B]The Convertible Blondes def. Art Crews & Rick Steiner via DQ in 4:20[/B] [B]Rating: F[/B] [B]Brawling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] The Hacksaws vs. Blade Runner Rock & Lord Humongous ended in a Double DQ Tim Horner def. Blade Runner Sting to retain the Louisiana State Championship Buddy Landell def. Terry Taylor Magnum T.A. def. King Kong Bundy Mr.Wrestling II def. Mr.Olympia [B]Ted DiBiase def. Junkyard Dog for the North American Heavyweight Title[/B] Attendance:433 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] [B]Thursday:[/B] ASW(UK): Wayne Bridges def. Rick Wiseman for the European Middleweight Title, Mal Sanders def. Tony St.Clair for the World Heavyweight Title [B]Friday:[/B] DCW: Team Sonic(Raymond Rougeau & Captain Ed George) def. The Blue Bloods (Don Kent & Nelson Royal) for the Detroit Tag Team Titles

• 3 weeks later...
[B][U]Saturday,Week 1,June 1983:[/U][/B] Tonight is CWA's monthly "Supershow" in Memphis;it opens with Jimmy Hart and I in the ring...Hart cut s a long promo about how I have been plowing through the competition lately,I should be getting shots at Lawler but he has been ducking me.With that,Koko comes out and reminds everyone that it wasnt that long ago that he beat me,Hart fires back with some insults and it looks like we might have a match right here;but Eddie Marlin comes out and breaks us up,he tells the crowd that we will settle things tonight...in a steel cage! [B][U]Match 27:Rick Rude vs. Koko Ware for the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title (Steel Cage match):[/U][/B] Being champion,I enter the cage first and hand myrobe to Jimmy Hart;Koko enter second but when he removes his jacket he turns is back to hand it to the ringside attendant,I ambush him with a series of shots before the match has started.The bell rings as I hammer him with Punches until he finally manages to block and put me in a Side Headlock,then hit me with Headbutts.Punch by Koko goes wide,I put him in the Front Facelock,then pick him up and Bodyslam him.I punch him on the mat and go for a Headlock but he blocks me,recovers his feet,and hits me with a Forearm.Koko goes for a Front Facelock but I simply pry his arms apart,then grab him in a Front Facelock of my own before hooking the arm and turning it into a Suplex.I go for a Punch but he rolls away and catches me with a Punch of his own,then grabs a Headlock and takes me over.He Punches me on the ground and goes for a Rear Chinlock;I turn into the move and elbow him,which stuns him long enough for me to apply the Standing Side Headlock,then take him over to the mat.I Stomp on Koko,then pose and drop the Elbow onto his chest.I quickly get back up and deliver a Falling Fistdrop to his forehead,then a Grounded Double Axe Handle,drawing all sorts of insults from the fans as they try to distract me.I stalk him,then deliver a Running Kick to the Head as he rises;I turn to the crowd and trade a few insults,allowing him to recover and grab me by the head but I pry his hand off of me,spin him,the set him for a Back Suplex,walk him to a turnbuckle,and drive him into it.I hit a series of Kicks and Elbows in the corner,then grab his head to ram him into the Turnbuckles but he suprises me by launching a quick European Uppercut,then putting on a Front Facelock before taking it into a Suplex like I did earlier in the match.He Punches me on the ground,then puts me in a Grounded Hammerlock;he grabs my leg but I kick free,then recover and set him for a Backbreaker,he elbows free,then grabs my arm and pulls me into a Short Arm Knee to the Stomach.I double over and he quickly grabs my arm,leaps onto the ropes,and crashes down onto it with a Knee Arm Driver.He grabs my leg,kicks up into a handstand and drives his knee into it,he tries to hold on but I kick him off with my other foot,then stand and catch him with a Bionic Elbow when he rushes me.Koko goes down but gets right back up and hits me with a Short Arm Knee to the Stomach.He goes for a Standing Dropkick but I have it scouted and move,he tucks into a roll when he hits the mat,keeping his forward momentum,then comes back up with a Forearm Charge,knocking me down.He goes to grab my leg but I twist away and try to lift him,he Punches free then leaps and delivers a Headbutt,then jumps in the air,spins around,and lands a Spinning Side Kick to my stomach.He grabs my arm but I reverse into an Arm Wringer,then rake his eyes.I pick him up for a Backbreaker but he uses his momentum to swing his feet around my head and turn it into a Spinning Head Scissors.I get my feet back and he rushes at me,I catch him with a Kick which doubles him up,then quickly grab his head and drop into a DDT.When i go to pick him up he slugs me in the stomach and we begin trading shots;Koko ducks a big punch and lands a flurry of Jabs on me,then pulls me into a Short Arm Knee to the Stomach.He goes behind into a waistlock to try for a German Suplex and as he does I slip a chain from my tights and wrap it around my fist;I elbow free from his German Suplex attempt,then clock him with a Chain Wrapped Punch;he goes down like a ton of lead and I climb up,over and out to win the match...other than the one point the fans could seem to care one way or the other. [B]Rick Rude def. Koko Ware via Cage Escape to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight Title in 12:20[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Ricky Morton def. Norvell Austin Robert Gibson def. Bill Dundee Lanny Poffo def. Dutch Mantell Jerry Lawler def. Dennis Condrey Stan Lane def. Austin Idol Ken Patera def. Steve Keirn to retain the AWA International Title Attendance: 2,246 [B][U]Other News:[/U][/B] MACW: Harley Race & Jack Brisco def. Rick Steamboat & Jay Youngblood for the NWA World Tag Team Titles GCW: The Road Warriors vs. Ole Anderson & Tommy Rich went to a time limit draw

Sweet,I got heel heat. :) Since I wrestle him so much and have had good matches with Koko,I decided to start a feud with him;I figured the old "Memphis Chain" finish would be a good finish to start off the feud. I get such good immersion from the DOTT mod I could almost hear Lance Russell saying "And Rude has got a chain..."

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=captainlou;194200]Don't look at me to give you some heel heat. I rooted for the heels back when I was a kid. Do you think that the Convertable Blondes are going to get a title shot in the near future?[/QUOTE] Heh,nah I was joking about D.Boon's reaction to the "chain" finish;really when I was growing up I don't think I was strictly a face or heel person,I pulled for whoever I thought was "cool". That's a pretty good question about the Blondes though;I feel we are picking up wins over The Hacksaws,who are a good Upper Midcard level team,often enough to make us look legitimate,just right now the Tag Champs are JYD & Mr. Wrestling II, who are both Main Eventers so it may be a little while before the Blondes are considered "over" enough to get title shots.

[B][U]Sunday,Week 1,June 1983:[/U][/B] Fresh off of a Cage match, I head to Florida for the weekly taping of the CWF TV show;I check in and see I'll be facing Mike Rotundo,a decent all-arounder,it should be good. [B][U]Match 28:Rick Rude vs. Mike Rotundo:[/U][/B] The bell rings and we lock up in the Collar and Elbow,I get the advantage and take it into a Standing Side Headlock for a few seconds before taking him over to the mat. I hold to the Side Headlock on the mat, maneuever so my back is to the ref, and hit him with a Punch.Rotundo is stunned and I press my advantage with an Elbow Drop but he rolls away as I get nothing but mat;before I can recover he rolls onto me and applies a Grounded Side Headlock.He give me a Knee Bar and I grab my leg, traps me in a Head Scissors;I try to set my feet and push for the ropes but he blocks me by switching up to a Grounded Front Facelock.I keep trying for the ropes and almost make it,but he spies my arm reaching out,grabs it,and takes it into a Grounded Hammerlock.With my arm neutralized,it's back to the Front Facelock,then a Side Headlock until finally I sit out of a Double Knee Rear Chinlock and double him with a Kick,allowing me to Bodyslam him. A short Grounded Side Headlock,then I pick him up and Forearm him in the back of the head.I scoop him for a Backbreaker,but he elbows free,then wraps me up in a Front Facelock before hammering me with Punches,Forearms,and European Uppercuts.He sees me weaking and goes for a Flurry but I duck and begin firing back with Punches and Kicks,trying to regain control.I slip in a cheap Eye Rake,which blinds him enough for me to grab him for a Short Arm Back Elbow.I slam his face into the mat before he manges to shove me away and knock me down with a Charging Forearm.He applies an Arm Bar and begins grinding his Forearm into my shoulder but when he tries to take it over into the Straddled position,I muscle free.I **** my fist for a Big Roundhouse but before I can let loose he puts me in a Side Headlock and spins behind me,then backs up,calls to the crowd,runs,and launches a beautiful Dropkick,which cathces nothing as I recover and sidestep.He crashes to the mat and I leap on him with a Punches and slam his face into the mat,when I go to lift him up he nails me with a series of Punches,then charges me,but I plant a perfectly times Bionic Elbow,which puts him down.He quickly scoots away and launches into a Dropkick,but only grazes me.I go for a Bear Hug but he grabs my arm,spins behind,and locks in a Double Arm Lever;he forces me down and steps over into a Straddled Arm Bar.He works the arm until I manages to twist free and my momentum takes me behind him;I forearm him in the head,then pick him up into a Back Suplex.I get a Running start and Kick him in the head before he can rise,then plant a Seated Hammer on him before slamming his face into the mat.I can see he is slowing down so I decide to go for a Boston Crab,but he catches me with a flurry of punches,then grabs my arm,so I quickly rake his eyes with me free hand,drawing a small warning from the ref.Rotunda is still blinded so I pick him up in a Gutwrench and take it into a Backbreaker,then again go for a Boston Crab,this time he shoves me off and Dropkicks me so hard I fly into the corner.He quickly takes advantage but mounting me and delivering 10 punches to my head as the corwd counts along,then cheers as I slump over face first to the mat.He quickly mounts me for a Straddled Arm Bar, then switches to a Single Leg Grapevine before driving his Knee into my Leg.He grabs my leg and starts signalling for some sort of leg lock,so I quickly push him off with my free,then grab and twist his arm.I starts to lock my arms for a Bear Squeeze,but he quickly spins behind and tries to lift me for a Suplex,I elbow him into a go behind and go for a takedown,he reverses me into a rear waistlock and applies The Abdominal Stretch in the center of the ring;I stuggle for all I am worth but I am too spent,the ref checks me then calls for the bell;ending the match and drawing a small round of boos from the crowd. [B]Mike Rotunda def. Rick Rude via Submission(Abdominal Stretch) in 13:30[/B] [B]Rating: D[/B] [B]Chain Wrestling Improved 1%[/B] [B][U]On The Same Card:[/U][/B] Ron Bass def. Scott McGhee Brad Armstrong def. Mike Davis Adrian Street def. Bob Roop Dusty Rhodes def. Kevin Sullivan Superstar Billy Graham def. Blackjack Mulligan to retain the Florida Heavyweight Title Attendance: 2,455 [B][U] No other News[/U][/B]

While Captain Mike took you down, the technical knowledge you picked up makes it worth it. Rude will figure him out soon enough. As a personal aside, I want to really thank you for continuing this. Between this and captainlou's Undertaker diary, I've been inspired enough to play WS2 on a regular basis again. And I am enjoying the heck out of it, largely in part to your terrific chronicling. I wish I could throw more kudos your (and caps) way. You guys deserve it.

Funny you should mention technical knowledge as that match bumped Rude up from an F to an E in Chain Wrestling; he is starting to get to where the wrestlers with an good amatuer background can still work him over but they have to work for it now, and Rude can hang a little bit with anyone less skilled. I am glad to see you are enjoying the diary and it had an effect on you; my intent always has been to combine the gameplay with some imagination and view it through the Mind's eye to tell an interesting story and hopefully showcase the level the enjoyment that is possible with this wonderful game.In all honesty though,a lot of credit has to go to you guys for the hours of meticulous work you put into the D.O.T.T. Mod;it truly is one of the most complete and detailed mods I have ever seen for any game,it perfectly captures the atmosphere of that era and greatly increases my enjoyment of the game.

Archived