SvR 2007 cornellverse CAW's post here

Franchise22

i got it on 360 (bought the XBOX especially for the game) to be honest i have spent more time playing the table tennis game. The game seems like a re-hash of last years game, with a few inter-active spots thrown in, quite dis-appointing to be honest. The graphics how-ever are something else, it is very pretty! But i can tell it won't be long before it becomes a multiplayer game only (once i have unlocked all the workers.)

I can't stand effin' Season Mode when playing as a created character. Seriously. "Welcome to SmackDown! You have 38 stat points. Your opponent tonight is THE UNDERTAKER." I effin' swear. I haven't won a single match yet. Maybe it's because everybody else has somewhere around fifty stat points on me? Ughhh. On top of that, the soundtrack is horrible... maybe even worse than the loading times. And would it kill them to have a usable CAW mode?

im not happy with my haruki kudo at the moment, but i think i have a good liberty caw, ill see if i can get the full formula and pics posted! anyone else take a crack at any c-verse CAW's? fyi, if you beat gm mode, you should be able to mod you caws stats the way you want (unl exp). thats how it was last year. i have a month left in the gm year and will let you know if it happens!

Just when I though Smackdown vs Raw 2006 was the worst wrestling game released, they bring out this piece of crap. I bought 2007 on the XBox 360 and wish to god I'd saved the £40 for the new Tony Hawks game. I am bitterly disappointed with the control system, and yes I do know I can change it but to 1 of 4 options... all equally as fiddly. Plus it is out of date already. Create a wrestler has improved at a rapid rate of not at all, in fact it is just as bad as last years failed attempt. The AI are clueless, except at countering (which is every other move) mind you they have John Cena down to an art form, one trick pony that seems to be doing the same move over and over before hitting an FU for the win in around 3 minutes... I wouldn't mind if the reason I lost was because I sucked, but I've been consistent on all before SvR06 and now SvR07 is even worse! I could list some things I like about the game, but unfortunately I haven't found any. A once truly inovative and unbeatable game series, it seems THQ are happy to churn out the same old rubbish each year. They also need to get rid of that stamina recharge, waste of time. Think I went on a bit there without meaning to.

You can shut off the stamina thing. Also, I don't understand why you would have a hard time with it, my son already unlocked about everything. He don't like doing GM Mode, so that's going to be my thing I guess. I beat 2006 about 6 times in a row, so I should be able to do ok with this one too. I don't really feel like it was such an amazing upgrade myself, outside of the things I really don't care as much about... Like the "hot spots" or whatever they call them. I think the game as a whole is good though. I just didn't think it was THAT much better then last one.... Except all the extra layers you can have in this one. I am pretty much sure, anyone you want to make, you could.

im afraid i'm more inclined to take fleisch's view on this one, don't get me wrong the game looks amazing, but it again fails to achieve its full potential, sure its good fun on X-box live but i just can't get motivated to play it one player. There's so much they could do with it, i think they control system is OK, but the AI is like playing against a chimp, or on legend difficulty its like playing against a chimp who reverses everything you do!

Totally agree on some of the things said. Basically this game is just sdvr06. They start you off against main eventers in season mode which burned me out. And the rewards for completing season are pretty dull. Yeah, I think every wrestling gamer agrees we need another No Mercy, I don't know why they don't listen. When I made CAWs in No Mercy, it just felt more like they were actually a part of the federation, and not some retarded looking noob character. Maybe TNA's videogame will do it for us, or it could just be a SDVR clone with front flip headlocks in it.

Archived