1991 a mod under development

OK guys since Im off sick ive started work on a 1991 based TEW mod at the minute I have got Vince and his boys down to an art all I need at the minute is some help with the following issues. UWSA - Rosters and Booking Team Tri State- - Rosters and Booking Team UWF (Herb Adams) - Rosters and Booking Team Canada,Mexico and Europe - I just have no idea as the Uk at this point was a mess thanks to the crabtrees WCW- Booking Team (As Ole had just been canned after the The Black Scorpion fiasco) Japan- At the moment I was gonna go with SWS, NJPW, AJPW and FMW Then the biggest problem of all has to be the WCW/NWA issue as WCW dropped the use of the NWA name for good in 1991 so I was gonna place NWA as a seperate company with working agreements with WCW and NJPW and thus recognising the titles as seperate titles to fall into line with Fujinami and Flair controversy at the WCW/New Japan Tokyo Dome Show. In terms of new promotions so far I have oppted to go with Easten Championship Wrestling Smokey Mountain Global Wrestling Any other sugestions let me know

If I recell correctly, Global Wrestling Federation started up in Spring 1991, and should absolutely be included, preferably as a beginning promotion. The belts were the GWF Title, TV Title and Tag Team title. The main stars were Eddie Gilbert, the Patriot (Del Wilkes version, I believe), Doug Gilbert (as Dark Patriot at first) and Handsome Stranger (Marcus "Buff" Bagwell). * The NWA was basically defunct at this point. When Ted Turner brought out Jim Crocket Promotions and began promoting it as WCW, the NWA name was gradually phased out. Although the World belt was still recognised as the NWA title, it has ceased to be defended on anything other than WCW/NJPW cards. The various NWA member federations had splintered without the board of directors to tie them together. One or two of them may have had working agreements, but the NWA as an active organisation was dormant. The NWA World Title was dormant from 1991 (when Ric Flair left WCW) until 1992 (when Masa Chono won the belt in a tournament). The belt was then defended in WCW for a time until WCW and the NWA finally parted ways in 1993. In 1994, two tournaments were held. NWA member Eastern Championship Wrestling hosted the first, which Shane Douglas won. Douglas rejected the belt, leading to the formation of Extreme Championship Wrestling. Later in the same year, another tournament was held, this wime with SMW's Chris Candido winning the belt. He lost the title to Dan Severn, who only defended the title sporadically through to 1998. The belt was then promoted around the world throughout the NWA's international affiliates, until ending up in TNA in 2002, which has the rights to the belt until 2014. Whcih is all a rather long-winded way of saying that there is/was no NWA as a promotion in 1991. The titles were dormant, too. * [url]http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/promotions/index.html[/url] is a good place to look for promotion info. Wikipedia is a useful resource, as well. * WCW had a booking committe at this time, I believe. Jim Cornette and Ric Flair would have been a part of it. Maybe Jim Ross as well?

Here's the WCW booking commitee courtesy of Death Of WCW and some od Observers: Dusty Rhodes was head booker(He just got done his polka dot deal in WWF) Jim Heard was Vice President, but you should just give him a booker spot to account for that. It was rounded out by Ric Flair and Jim Ross. Cornette quit the company in 1991 because he didn't like Jim Heard, but you can add him if you'd like since he didn't end up doing anything else until Smokey Mountain in late 1992.

Also, I hope you used a base for this, because it's quite the task to do everything from scratch. Even if it's TCP's 1993 scenario, which you'll have to do loads of editing to for it to resemble 1993 let alone 1991, it'll save you alot of time you can spend on creating/editing more useful details.

Thanks guys Ok thanks for the help so far guys im keeping Dusty in Stamford as he was still working for Vince on the tail end of his feud with Ted Dibiase with the culmination at Rumble 91 and I am staring it on 1/1/91. The biggest pain in the ass so far has been memphis as the only mainstrays would be Lawler, Jarrett jr and of course a young Mr Steve Austin. I have considered possibly using EWRs 91 scinario as a base again feed back would be welcome

• 4 weeks later...
[B]BIG UPDATE[/B] [B]Promotions Finished[/B] WWF WCW USWA Tri State UWF PNW [B]Promotions under development[/B] WWC NJPW AJPW Japan SWS FMW CMLL Mexico UWA CWA (Catch Wrestling Association) - Europe All Star Wrestling (UK as Tomko's canadian version went went bust in 1989) - UK Any one with any knowledge of these promotions who knows any good sites for infomation on the promotions I listed please let me know as I am really wanting to see this through to the end now ALSO Tv schedules would be an assist as I didnt have Sky as a kid and thus havent got a clue on this bit

As James Casey pointed out, you should include the GWF or World Class Championship Wrestling. WCCW died in late 90, early 91, GWF then took over its TV contract on ESPN. GWF also host many future stars; Sean Waltman, Booker T, Stevie Ray, Cactus Jack, JBL, and let's not forget everyones favorite loser, er winner, Barry Horribewitz, sorry, Horowitz

WCCW was sold to CWA owner Jerry Jarrett towards the end of 1988. WCCW & CWA combined after that to form the USWA WCCW officialy died in 1990. WCCW had been revived on several attempts upto 1991. The GWF (Global Wrestling Federation) didnt startup until June of 91. God WCCW is confusing!

According to Obsessed With Wrestling, Jarrett never bought WCCW, just co-promoted with them, although Gaz, I wouldn't argue with with that this is indeed fact, just going from the sight. They don't say when WCCW finally went under, but make it sound like it was either late 90 or January of 91. Either way you're right Gaz, WCCW is very confussing to say the least.

World Class and Global From what I can gather from various sites Ive looked at the closest thing to World class was the shows Kevin promoted in conjuntion with the Salvadoris, as World Class from what I can gather went down once they lost there TV deal as far as Global goes since they didnt start running shows till spring 91 I thaught it was more appropriate to place them in the new promotions section along with others who started around that time ie Smokey Mountain and ECW. So you guys can see where this is going i have now attached a copy of my planning worksheet as well. As always feedback is always appreciated

Archived