This game has almost everything

So I am playing a dynasty with USF and doing ok 6-2. I am playing at home vs Syracuse who is 10-0 #6 (Funny kinda makes me think Rutgers of today). Anyhow I am down 30-24 and I am driving with 40 secs or so left. And then this crap happens [B][I]South Florida ball, Q4, 1-10-SYR39 (00:34) 24-30 Offense: Long Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-SE-streaks Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-Man-B10 QB A. Dunn completes a 25 yard streak to WR R. Bennett (SS R. Palma). He fumbles the ball after a hit by R. Palma. It's recovered by F. Rock of Syracuse. He returns it 5 yards to the Syracuse 19. R. Bennett made a great catch. [/I][/B] Now I did not cut and paste the PBP, but they said Bennett caught it and was sprinting towards a TD, when Palma ran from behind and knocked it out to cause a fumble, recovering it on the 5 yard line. JEEEZ, did the AI know it was the end of the game or what. What a finish I cant play anymore games tonight i am done after this. I almost broke my computer.

Guest Skyhawk
This reply is [b]NOT[/b] directed at the OP of this thread. I am merely taking the opportunity in light of the OP's topic to give my 2 cents about this game as well. "It is what it is" and that's the bottom line about this game. Have only owned this game since a month or so before Arlie's workup to v1.5 but there have been many times when it [b]seemed[/b] the outcome was already decided and I was the only one who didn't know it, lol. Now, does that mean that is really what is happening? Not necessarily and the truth is I don't know any more than you do. I suppose it could be true, but I like to think it isn't. I am not a fanboy, I am being brutally honest. In regards to accurately and realistically portraying real-life college football there is a ton of room for improvement yet in this game in my humble opinion. That statement is based on my firsthand experience with the game to date, not any emotional, arbitrary opinion. (Again, this is not directed at the original poster as I can ABSOLUTELY understand his frustration sometimes.) I mean c'mon, a punter on ANY college football team that typically punts the ball less than 30 yards with alarming regularity and still has his job? Because he is the "Best" a major college program can recruit/come up with????? Punt returners that average 15 -25yds per return, not because they have 9 returns out of 10 for less than 10 yards and bust the "big one" for a TD once in a blue moon, but because their typical return IS 15-25, or even more than 25yards per return. That just isn't the way it typically works in the realworld. Does that make this a bad game? NOT BY ANY MEANS! The mistake is to load up an add-on or two in the hopes of having a realistic college football game. This isn't it folks! It's just a game ABOUT college football, no more, no less. So load up the default teams, enter a new virtual world, and forget about all the little things there are to critique about the current state of this game. Yes it has problems at all times portraying/modeling real-life college football. But if you can learn to let go of the realworld and just enjoy this game for what it is then it can be a lot of fun. Arlie has done a great job in the last couple months to try and make this game better. Kudos to him. But even he has admitted defeat in trying to make all the people happy all the time, That's why in the 1.5 thread he is basically drawing a line in the sand and saying he's not going to look at any more "adjustments". Totally his prerogative, not trying to sound judgemental. Again, it is what it is. Yup, you guessed it. I just removed the mods I had installed for "added realism" and went back to the default teams. Why? Because this is not a great model of real-life college football in my opinion. However, it IS a great college football game, and once you accept it for what it is, it's still a helluva lot of fun to play. Again, I'm definitely not a fanboy. It's just that "it is what it is" and that's the way I see it, defects and all.

Archived