Event Importance Question

Hi Adam. I read in the developers journal and read about the event importance feature. One question I have - will the event's performance also play a role in workers deciding which show to work? In TEW2005, each promotion has a prestige level, and if 2 of the promotions a worker is contracted to have a show the same day, the worker works for the promotion with higher prestige. Take for example the Roderick Strong case, where he opted not to be at a TNA taping in favor of a big ROH show.

That could be easily because of RoH promotion prestige being higher than TNA's. In TEW07, prestige is not anymore counted from the size of the promotion, so smaller promotions could have bigger prestige than bigger ones. So there's no need for an invidual event prestige :)

I think the question that he was asking was more - if you are a lower prestige fed, but you are running your "Wrestlemania" event, which has higher prestige than the rest of your events (and the other company's events), then will a wrestler come to that specific event for you, rather than go to a lower prestige event for a higher prestige company (which he would normally for a run-of-the-mill event)?

Basicly what I posted was just a quite from the Dev. Journal itself; I was not discussing about the question, as I said that this is how that issue would be handled right now in TEW07, unless any changes are made. But hmm. IF this in an option to add, how would it be counted? Promotion prestige (X something) + Event prestige (X something) / 2 = xx (numbers) and then just see witch event is more prestigious. Damn I'm a math genious.

[QUOTE=Rob4590;160550]I think the question that he was asking was more - if you are a lower prestige fed, but you are running your "Wrestlemania" event, which has higher prestige than the rest of your events (and the other company's events), then will a wrestler come to that specific event for you, rather than go to a lower prestige event for a higher prestige company (which he would normally for a run-of-the-mill event)?[/QUOTE] That is right. A while ago, in TEW2005 I was playing a game with a friend (RAW vs. SmackDown!) and we both had Terry Funk on a pay-per-appearance contract. I was running my Royal Rumble on the same day my friend ran his Velocity taping, but Funker opted to go to Velocity because they are more prestigious than I am. However, in real life, I image he would have opted to go work the Rumble instead.

Archived