I just don't know what to think (ps3 prices)

mystic

I'd easily pay 7,500 bucks for it :rolleyes: It is very sad... another ball dropped on release day. I mean there will be bugs and junk in the new system, but gimme a break... Demand is High, so Supply needs to be the same... simple Economics... I can't pay justify paying $500-700 for any console, when I could spend a little more on really good PC, and play much better games...

[QUOTE=wooodaddy;160608]I'd easily pay 7,500 bucks for it :rolleyes: It is very sad... another ball dropped on release day. I mean there will be bugs and junk in the new system, but gimme a break... Demand is High, so Supply needs to be the same... simple Economics... I can't pay justify paying $500-700 for any console, when I could spend a little more on really good PC, and play much better games...[/QUOTE] You'd pay $7500 for it? You crazy or summit?!!?!! :eek: If I had that sort of spare cash lying around it wouldn't go on a games console that's for sure, more than likely go into the mortgage. Yes i'm very sensible. Well, sometimes. :p

[QUOTE=Undertaker666;160611]You'd pay $7500 for it? You crazy or summit?!!?!! :eek: If I had that sort of spare cash lying around it wouldn't go on a games console that's for sure, more than likely go into the mortgage. Yes i'm very sensible. Well, sometimes. :p[/QUOTE] no, I'd easily pay $7,500 for it....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You mean you wouldn't pay $7,500 :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But that is a crap load of money to fork over. And how much of a difference is it to just keep making really good games for the PS2, then to get a new system, and keep making near the same quality games? I've been a Playstation person so playing these games every year, I'm seeing slight progress every year in the newer games. Was there a point in the progress of the games where the creators said, "We can't make the games any better on the PS2, so lets create a good game on the PS3 so we can top ourselves next year"? That's what the whole video game industry seems like to me. Games get better every year, in usually all aspects. So do they just figure they get to a certain point where they start the whole process over again on a newer system? Take the Grand Theft Auto series for example. GTA 1 started out on PS1. It wasn't a good quality game. Then GTA 2 comes out on PS1. It was a little better. Then GTA 3 comes out on the PS2. It was a pretty good game. Then GTA Vice City comes out on the PS2. Still another really good game. Now the last to date GTA game was San Andreas on the PS2. That was an Awesome game. So with the progression of the game systems, will our opinions of what a good to an awesome game change and follow that same type of route with the PS3? And will it be worth it to buy a new console that could have a game probably just as good on the PS2? But the PS3 does have some pretty great features. You can store Music on it. So would that give Grand Theft Auto games on the PS3 the same ability that the PSP has with GTA games on that console?

This whole PS3 business seems insane to me. People camping out in front of stores, waiting to buy them, people getting stabbed or robbed for the blasted things, and now someone apparently paying a fortune for one on E-Bay. I'm so glad my video game days are behind me now; I sold my PS2 years ago, and all I have now is an X-Box that I only rarely play. This is craziness, I tell you, craziness.

[QUOTE=Sartagis;160652]Apparently taker isn't well versed in the sarcastic roll eyes smily. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] exactly, I was really saying like yeah right, I'd pay $7,500 dollars for one...not... that's what I meant.. Anyway........ I wouldn't fork over anything over list price for the PS3...

You think that's bad, people are actually DYING over the damn thing. Last I checked, 2 people were dead and 4 others in the hospital in PS3 related incidents at various retailers. And it's only going to get worse once the Wii comes out. This isn't news though (at least not on this side of the Atlantic) and happens every year. There were people injured or killed when Cabbage Patch Kids/Beanie Babies/Tickle Me Elmo/Sing & Snore Ernie/Power Rangers/PSP/PS1/PS2/XBox 360 came out too. The PS3 is a decent multimedia console but, being a PC person, it's not going to get much use besides my nephew and maybe a couple of my friends using it. I'm a console collector (have every one released in the US from the Intellivision to PS3, except Colecovision which was stolen when I was 10) but I don't really play console games much. Oh, and Taker, you've kinda missed the point. It's not okay to spend $7,500 on a console but somehow it IS okay to spend $75,000 on a car that costs $1,000 a month to keep gassed up (Hummer, Escalade, Jaguar, etc)? Same mindset. Add in the fact that some parents feel compelled to give their kids whatever they want (for reasons you can speculate on yourself) and you have a recipe for people parting with lots of money. I know a group of guys here who, every single year, seem to have a truck full of whatever toy is hot that year that they sell on the corner of Lexington & 46th Street (right across the street from the Bear Stearns office). Last year, 360s were $1,000 each and they sold 90 units in an hour. They've been doing this since the first release of Cabbage Patch Kids (what, '85?). So these investment bankers and such, run to the ATM machine at Washington Mutual on one side of the street and cross over to hand the cash to these guys. This year, it's PS3, Wii, and RoboSapien and I don't doubt they'll liquidate their stock in less than 3 hours. This year, I'm betting they'll set up shop on 45th between Park & Madison, right across the street from JPMorganChase, for the same reason. mystic, why are you surprised? This happens every single year and has been happening for over 20 years (again, at least in the US). The only difference is that eBay's been involved for the last 5-8 but Beanie Babies were being sold on eBay for thousands of dollars even years after they were "hot".

[QUOTE=Remianen;160707] mystic, why are you surprised? This happens every single year and has been happening for over 20 years (again, at least in the US). The only difference is that eBay's been involved for the last 5-8 but Beanie Babies were being sold on eBay for thousands of dollars even years after they were "hot".[/QUOTE] I know this has been happening so I am not surprised. I am laughing my ass off because people are stupid enough to pay these prices on ebay, hell with how much trouble my PS2 caused me I will not be buying a PS3 anytime soon.

Archived